Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #1 
Returns almost the entire starting line-up!  Things are looking up in Tally!  Watch out college softball world the Noles are back!
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 831
Reply with quote  #2 
Looking forward to the series between the Cajuns and Noles to start this year, but I'm not sure whether it will be in Lafayette or Tallahassee.
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunAmos
Looking forward to the series between the Cajuns and Noles to start this year, but I'm not sure whether it will be in Lafayette or Tallahassee.


Thats great to hear!  What do the Cajuns look like for this coming spring?
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 831
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb


Thats great to hear!  What do the Cajuns look like for this coming spring?


We lost four senior starters who accounted for 63 HR's and 193 RBI's so we have some work to do in the field. We didn't lose any pitching, but what we have returning will have to be more consistent. The positive is that we have some bats that couldn't crack the lineup that show great promise but you never know until they actually get onto the field. Rumor has it we did get a transfer from Kansas who has shown some pop but I'd guess nothing will be official until the fall semester actually starts up. Coach Mike isn't shy about challenging the team early in the season (FSU, Alabama, Baylor this year) so I'm curious to see how the new folks perform.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 1,403
Reply with quote  #5 
I was really pulling for FSU at the WCWS this year, and will be rooting for them to get there again next year!
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunAmos


We lost four senior starters who accounted for 63 HR's and 193 RBI's so we have some work to do in the field. We didn't lose any pitching, but what we have returning will have to be more consistent. The positive is that we have some bats that couldn't crack the lineup that show great promise but you never know until they actually get onto the field. Rumor has it we did get a transfer from Kansas who has shown some pop but I'd guess nothing will be official until the fall semester actually starts up. Coach Mike isn't shy about challenging the team early in the season (FSU, Alabama, Baylor this year) so I'm curious to see how the new folks perform.


Thanks for the info, sounds like yall will be good this year.  I like how your Coach is not afraid to schedule tough.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 2,901
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunAmos
Looking forward to the series between the Cajuns and Noles to start this year, but I'm not sure whether it will be in Lafayette or Tallahassee.


2nd post on the FSU 2017 thread. Shameless.

__________________
"Imagine what Ivanka is telling him."
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
I was really pulling for FSU at the WCWS this year, and will be rooting for them to get there again next year!


Thanks, it was a semi surprising year.  I dont see why they wont be back, almost everyone is back.  If Gordon can get her power numbers to rise, which I think she will with a year under her belt, and Warren and Powers continue there production the offense should again do well.  Pitching is all back.  I think Rosario is a player who could start next year and she has shown promise, good bat, fast player.
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #9 
FSU's 2017 recruiting class:  http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211335592
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 138
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb
FSU's 2017 recruiting class:  http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211335592


Wow.  I know that it is hot down in Tallahassee but in looking at this picture, but I can only wonder what the young lady wearing the daisy duke shorts and shirt that shows her mid-driff was thinking.  More so, what were her parents thinking to let her go on her official visit dressed like that.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 1,748
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmer1


Wow.  I know that it is hot down in Tallahassee but in looking at this picture, but I can only wonder what the young lady wearing the daisy duke shorts and shirt that shows her mid-driff was thinking.  More so, what were her parents thinking to let her go on her official visit dressed like that.


Not necessarily a fan of it myself, but you're crazy if you think they follow a specific dress code for OV's. Especially the warmer states. I've seen more booty shorts in OV pics then what I ever care to-- definitely not a fan.
ZTE

Registered:
Posts: 597
Reply with quote  #12 
I'm not bothered by her showing her navel.
Why make a big deal of how she is dressed.
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 138
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTE
I'm not bothered by her showing her navel.
Why make a big deal of how she is dressed.


Not making a big deal, just a comment.  I guess that I am old school and view official visits a little different than you do.  I always believe that one should dress appropriately for the occasion. 
RELAX

Registered:
Posts: 198
Reply with quote  #14 
I always viewed an official visit as a job interview, but that's not how it works now. By the time these girls get to their official visit, they've already been committed for a couple years and have met and talked to the coaches a hundred times. They're just a formality and a fun time to meet your new teammates now. In the "old days" you were trying to convince the coaches they wanted you just as much as the coaches were trying to convince you that you wanted to come to that school. It's a different world now. I doubt most girls take more than one official visit anymore. Imagine the panic if a girl committed to Florida told Coach Walton that she wanted to take an official visit to Alabama just for fun since she's allowed to go on 5!
cash

Registered:
Posts: 161
Reply with quote  #15 
Official visits now days aren’t like the “old days”. Coaches aren’t trying to convince players anymore because they have been committed already 3-5 years in advance. 
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #16 
New article about the Noles!
http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211445816
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 73
Reply with quote  #17 
Is Jessica Burroughs a senior?  It seems like she has been there forever.
Cooper11

Registered:
Posts: 25
Reply with quote  #18 
5th Year Senior
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #19 
Great start to the year, 5-0!  Warren starts off hot with 3 home runs!  Next up, a big game mid week against FLA A&M.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 7,794
Reply with quote  #20 
A BIG game against FAMU.... Who you trolling?
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #21 
Every game is big [smile]
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 1,403
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb
Every game is big [smile]



I will be at Mary Nutter watching my Az Wildcats and FSU on Saturday night!
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #23 
Florida State goes 4-0 over the weekend, next up South Alabama on Tuesday.  
gatordawg

Registered:
Posts: 53
Reply with quote  #24 
Time to play someone with a heartbeat FSU! Then you'll know what you're made of.
__________________
Gregory A. Langley
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #25 
A team like Maryland?  [wink]  This week will test FSU, South Alabama tomorrow then the tournament in California.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 1,403
Reply with quote  #26 
It does appear that most of the top teams in the country really have patsy schedules so far.
eyenoall

Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #27 
Be careful what you wish for.  lol
SkullyMaroo

Registered:
Posts: 123
Reply with quote  #28 
I'm ready to get revenge on FSU for the 2013 Regional final in Mobile. Go Jags!
__________________
Go Jags!
gatordawg

Registered:
Posts: 53
Reply with quote  #29 
Maybe a Michigan! You ever heard the old saying "even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and a while."? Like me it could help your feeling in the new future, Mr. Tycobb. Good luck in the future!
__________________
Gregory A. Langley
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 550
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatordawg
Maybe a Michigan! You ever heard the old saying "even a blind hog finds an acorn every once and a while."? Like me it could help your feeling in the new future, Mr. Tycobb. Good luck in the future!


All in good fun.  FSU will lose, probably this weekend, maybe three times or more, only a few players are hitting over .300, and the power numbers so far are a little down, in fact FSU only really has two power hitters.  A majority of the runs scored by FSU are the benefit of walks and errors, FSUs offense has a long way to go.  
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: