Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 509
Reply with quote  #31 
Maybe I am being overly generous for a true freshman, but she is playing in the ACC. Not trying to attack the ACC but its reality of the conference at the moment. 

Anyways I still think she will be +.300 hitter and be an asset for FSU

That would be a more fair/safe bet
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Pretty optimistic for a Freshman.



Well it would seem so, but no one really talked about Sherrill and look what she did.

All. Those. Doubles.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,931
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


Well it would seem so, but no one really talked about Sherrill and look what she did.

All. Those. Doubles.


Yep, kid had a great year. 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,931
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04
Maybe I am being overly generous for a true freshman, but she is playing in the ACC. Not trying to attack the ACC but its reality of the conference at the moment. 

Anyways I still think she will be +.300 hitter and be an asset for FSU

That would be a more fair/safe bet


Nothing wrong with setting the bar high. And yes, the ACC will be top heavy so there will be oppt. to get oriented quicker to the college game against some weaker teams. 

To hit .300+ would be very good indeed.
HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 321
Reply with quote  #35 
Herzog went to the same high school as the Emanuel sisters and has broken just about every hitting record they had ever held. Truly phenomenal high school career. She can use her speed just as they did but she has a lot more power making her more versatile- and she’ll be playing in the ACC, where she should be able to apply her skills with less competition than the Emanuel’s had. She hit .569 her senior year with 14 doubles and 20 stolen bases, so if anything, her speed alone should help her a lot if she’s not barreling the ball well.

I’m more curious to see how much she’s used in the circle if at all. With over 100 wins in her high school career, she’s definitely had some success. She’s a strikeout pitcher and threw 280 strikeouts in 150 innings this past season. I think she could develop into a useful arm and that is an exciting aspect for FSU.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 509
Reply with quote  #36 
What is Herzog clocking in at on her throws? Mid 60's?


HoustonBear15

Registered:
Posts: 321
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04
What is Herzog clocking in at on her throws? Mid 60's?


I’ve never seen a radar on her but I would think so. Definitely seems like a hard thrower when I’ve seen her. But she also has great command of her secondary pitches including changeup, rise ball and drop ball. Will throw side to side as well with screw/curve. Lots of movement combined with decent velocity.
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 1,102
Reply with quote  #38 
Thanks for all the great info HoustonBear15 [smile]  She seems to fit perfectly with what Coach Alameda loves, all around athletes.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 535
Reply with quote  #39 
Heard a rumor that Auburn pitching transfer Kara Bilodeau, tore her ACL while pitching for the Canadian National Team this week in CA.
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 509
Reply with quote  #40 
Saw Herzog pitch today for the Bombers, she had some nice stuff. The score was brutal though lol 
Softballjunkie223

Registered:
Posts: 79
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD
Heard a rumor that Auburn pitching transfer Kara Bilodeau tore her ACL while pitching for the Canadian National Team this week in CA.
lol sucks for her.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,357
Reply with quote  #42 
Trolls gonna troll
__________________
#SCOTUS x two
Fresh has rings. Ask him to tell you about them


TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 1,102
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD
Heard a rumor that Auburn pitching transfer Kara Bilodeau tore her ACL while pitching for the Canadian National Team this week in CA.


That's bad luck, but FSU has Sandercock and Herzog both high level pitchers coming in this year. 
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 1,102
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04
Saw Herzog pitch today for the Bombers, she had some nice stuff. The score was brutal though lol 


Care to elaborate?     
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb


Care to elaborate?     


It's available on WatchESPN if you want to watch it yourself. And before it's said, no, I don't mean that in a snarky manner.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,931
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb


That's bad luck, but FSU has Sandercock and Herzog both high level pitchers coming in this year. 


Sandercock was initially supposed to Redshirt...maybe that has changed?
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 772
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECFan04
Saw Herzog pitch today for the Bombers, she had some nice stuff. The score was brutal though lol 


The tournament is a bit brutal. They cram a 64 team double elimination tourney into 3.5 days. The teams in the championship had played 11-13 games in 3ish days. The pitchers were all blown. I wouldn’t judge any of them too harshly.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 5,539
Reply with quote  #48 
These were all 7 inning games in 95+ weather at the end. I saw some scores that were very unexpected. We finished an 8 inning, 3.5 hr game after 10PM and were back at 7AM for a follow up. On our next to last day we started at 12 and played almost continually until that 8 inning game ended after 10. That being said, we all played under the same conditions and hats off to EC Bullets for a great week. 
__________________
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 509
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ


The tournament is a bit brutal. They cram a 64 team double elimination tourney into 3.5 days. The teams in the championship had played 11-13 games in 3ish days. The pitchers were all blown. I wouldn’t judge any of them too harshly.


Not at all, she had a lot of nasty pitches, great movement and velocity

I was just saying the score was brutal for championship game, just sloppy overall in general. You obviously could expect that with the amount of games they played over such a short period of time. Every pitcher was hit good, of course a lot of the innings were extended due to poor defense from the bombers and east Cobb 

 
Anyways Herzog had some nice stuff in the circle from this week. Nice looking change up that froze a lot of hitters. I haven't seen her pitch a whole lot but I like what she brings to the table on the mound. She can be an asset for FSU if she continues to develop
SECFan04

Registered:
Posts: 509
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Sandercock was initially supposed to Redshirt...maybe that has changed?


If she is one of the best options she will probably play immediately. I know Alameda likes to do it but it could change depending on the situation and how the other kids look
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 1,102
Reply with quote  #51 
I would guess Herzog takes over in centerfield for the departed Klaevemann.  Will she also pitch, who knows?
Doctor

Registered:
Posts: 126
Reply with quote  #52 
These kids will have a chance to cut their teeth in non conference and the ACC to get them ready for the playoffs. They will be fine. 
__________________
 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.