Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 83
Reply with quote  #1 
 What teams do you expect to see in Oklahoma City this year

4 teams I feel safe to say will be there are 

1. OU
2. Florida
3. Oregon
4. UCLA 

Teams who could possibly make it

A&M
FSU
Arizona
Minnesota 
Utah
LSU 
Washington 

There seem to be a lot of teams capable but have a lot of unknowns at this point. 


 

Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #2 
I would say:

My definite picks:

Oklahoma
Oregon
Florida
UCLA

Other half is up for grabs:

Washington
Tennessee
Texas A&M
Alabama
LSU
Utah

I really think we will see the lady Vols will return to OKC.
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 83
Reply with quote  #3 
Tennessee has the talent to do it but they seem to always fall short. 

LSU can ride the pitchers to it as always but the offense is a concern

Alabama is the same, the offense is a major question mark.


A&M returns everyone essentially so they should be solid


 
lifesapeach

Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #4 
I think A&M will be solid too!
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesapeach
I think A&M will be solid too!


I’m not as much on the A&M train. I think Tennessee should have won that super and probably could’ve been more competitive if they had reached OKC. I just don’t think A&M pitching can hold up against top level offenses. I definitely like to see Show over Harrington in the circle as well. Just an opinion. A&M is a solid team for sure, but don’t think they can make a deep run in OKC without an x-factor pitcher if that makes any sense
Drop_Curve

Registered:
Posts: 185
Reply with quote  #6 
1. Florida
2. UCLA
3. OU
4. Washington
(almost safely) Oregon as well

__________________
Jacob Thomas Adkins
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Curve
1. Florida
2. UCLA
3. OU
4. Washington
(almost safely) Oregon as well


I would say Oregon has a far more solid chance than Washington
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
 What teams do you expect to see in Oklahoma City this year

4 teams I feel safe to say will be there are 

1. OU
2. Florida
3. Oregon
4. UCLA 

Teams who could possibly make it

A&M
FSU
Arizona
Minnesota 
Utah
LSU 
Washington 

There seem to be a lot of teams capable but have a lot of unknowns at this point. 


How good will Minnesota be with Groewegen graduating and Allister leaving for Stanford?
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 26
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


How good will Minnesota be with Groewegen graduating and Allister leaving for Stanford?

They did add smith and they still have the flame throwning sophomore Amber Fiser.
They should be a solid top 25 team even with alister leaving. Could be a potential regionals upset, no CWS for them in 2018 IMO though

__________________
sl
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,098
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
Tennessee has the talent to do it but they seem to always fall short. 

LSU can ride the pitchers to it as always but the offense is a concern

Alabama is the same, the offense is a major question mark.


A&M returns everyone essentially so they should be solid


 


Strangely enough it may be the reverse this year.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,098
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
 What teams do you expect to see in Oklahoma City this year

4 teams I feel safe to say will be there are 

1. OU
2. Florida
3. Oregon
4. UCLA 

Teams who could possibly make it

A&M
FSU
Arizona
Minnesota 
Utah
LSU 
Washington 

There seem to be a lot of teams capable but have a lot of unknowns at this point. 



Arizona - we need to wait and see if TMo can turn that pitching staff around.  O'Toole couldn't get it done, and she's the best they've had in awhile.


Minnesota - couldn't get it done with SG so not sure even Smith can get it done for Minny.

Utah - as much as I love that pitching staff and would take them in a heartbeat, I just can't see them making further without Flippen than they did with Flippen.


Not2day

Registered:
Posts: 65
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindz
 What teams do you expect to see in Oklahoma City this year

4 teams I feel safe to say will be there are 

1. OU
2. Florida
3. Oregon
4. UCLA 

Teams who could possibly make it

A&M
FSU
Arizona
Minnesota 
Utah
LSU 
Washington 

There seem to be a lot of teams capable but have a lot of unknowns at this point. 


 



OU as long as Paige / Paige stay healthy.
Florida
Washington
Oregon over UCLA

FSU
Minnesota
Utah
LSU
Texas A&M????
Baylor

Arizona had its best opportunity in years, last year. Pitching is their weak spot. Offense will be interesting with the loss of power hitting Mauga.

Auburn with drama and new staff will also be interesting.
Grindz

Registered:
Posts: 83
Reply with quote  #13 
Baylor Will be a team to watch as well 

They add some nice transfers



Does anyone think Alabama and LSU's offense will be any improved? 
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Strangely enough it may be the reverse this year.


Really? Behind Osorio, or is she not okay?
Drop_Curve

Registered:
Posts: 185
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


I would say Oregon has a far more solid chance than Washington

Idk Alvelo can beat anyone and I don't think she'll have to be a one woman show this year at least not until it counts

__________________
Jacob Thomas Adkins
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Curve

Idk Alvelo can beat anyone and I don't think she'll have to be a one woman show this year at least not until it counts


Which Oregon will never have to do, even when it counts.
NickSports

Registered:
Posts: 333
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


Which Oregon will never have to do, even when it counts.


And they still can't win the big one.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,098
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Really? Behind Osorio, or is she not okay?


Well obviously Osorio will be Osorio.  The other two are still young and untested, so I'm not sure we can't consider it the same strong staff that we've had in past years.

But it was more about the fact I think there might more solid bats this year than they have in the last few years.
Kurosawa

Registered:
Posts: 2,629
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Curve
Idk Alvelo can beat anyone and I don't think she'll have to be a one woman show this year at least not until it counts


They won it before with one stud pitcher, although that's harder now. Now, even a bevy of strong arms will only carry you so far, without the bats to match.

Alvelo will be stronger and more mature (Lawrie won it as a junior), and likely with an extra pitch (a drop). Plain (Aussie U19 national team pitcher) is a major wildcard. Manti should be improved.

A big question will be replacing the offensive production of Aguilar and Stangel. Power numbers will have to come from Flores, DePonte, Van Zee, Thomas, and, maybe, Gallagher.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Well obviously Osorio will be Osorio.  The other two are still young and untested, so I'm not sure we can't consider it the same strong staff that we've had in past years.

But it was more about the fact I think there might more solid bats this year than they have in the last few years.


Well that is a plus. If Osorio gets good run support Bama could make an impact for sure
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,098
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Well that is a plus. If Osorio gets good run support Bama could make an impact for sure


I'm more worried about putting too many innings on AO's arm, especially with a relatively tough SEC schedule.
ShepJones1_1

Registered:
Posts: 128
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


I'm more worried about putting too many innings on AO's arm, especially with a relatively tough SEC schedule.

Rumor has it that Murphy is searching the JUCO ranks to pickup another pitcher for this spring now that he has some scholarship money freed up by Moore's departure.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #23 
Cannot credit Lonni Alameda enough for bringing Kylee Hanson aboard. If Murphy wasn't all over that, that feels like a big mistake
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepJones1_1

Rumor has it that Murphy is searching the JUCO ranks to pickup another pitcher for this spring now that he has some scholarship money freed up by Moore's departure.


You can pick up a JUCO who is enrolled & well into their Fall schedule to transfer and be Spring eligible? 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #25 
And didn't the article state Murphy was letting her keep her scholarship?
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
And didn't the article state Murphy was letting her keep her scholarship?


Once a player is medically retired, they can be on scholarship without counting against the limit.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen


Once a player is medically retired, they can be on scholarship without counting against the limit.


Didn't know that, thanks
RELAX

Registered:
Posts: 300
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


You can pick up a JUCO who is enrolled & well into their Fall schedule to transfer and be Spring eligible? 


If they were a qualifier out of high school, I believe they can leave at the end of the fall semester and start pitching in the Spring. If you’re not a qualifier, I believe you have to finish your two years at the JUCO to transfer to D1.
tmz

Registered:
Posts: 46
Reply with quote  #29 
“Rumor has it that Murphy is searching the JUCO ranks to pickup another pitcher for this spring now that he has some scholarship money freed up by Moore's departure”

Goodman from Chipola State
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,385
Reply with quote  #30 
Oklahoma
Florida
Oregon
UCLA
Alabama
Washington
Texas A&M
Baylor


__________________

 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.