Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 51     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #121 
The readers can see for themselves you cried foul after the first pic - http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/amnesty-7939715?pid=1290997650&highlight=shout. Given the back-and-forths that occur routinely on here, why did that one elicit such a response from you? Seriously, I don't understand it.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
I think you missed a few of those pictures and the bumped posts in their attempts to interfere.  In any event, you moderate as you see fit.  Btw, I don't think there's a thread rule as to how close the post must match the subject line but there are rules regarding respecting other members.  You can monitor those violations while you're at it.


Blankie and a juice box?

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,552
Reply with quote  #123 
Granted, I haven't read all of the posts.  That said, how did it become a sin to make money in this country?

$250k?  $400k?  $1M?  Why is there a line, and why is it seen by some as wrong to make more money?

The fact is, all people are not created equally.  We have been through this before.  I did a startup business previously, where I made exactly $0 for 14 months, then $40k over the next 12.  In addition, I mortgage my house, cashed my 401k, and did anything I could to make the business work in the early days.

Now, if I made $150k, $300k, or $500k 8 years later, how is that a crime?  On top of making no money, and mortgaging everything I had to keep it going, I also worked 70 hour weeks the first years.  Heck, my average hourly rate the first 3 years was probably about $4/hr.

So, along comes the government, and now wants to take all my money, because my income is higher?  Where were they when I was bleeding to death, and my wife was crying because she didn't we could pay the bills?  Where were they when I was puking at night, after the wife and kids had gone to bed, because I was scared over what I had done to my family?  Where was the government when I was competing for projects, going to interviews, and not sleeping for a week prior to a selection, where the business would shut down and we would bankrupt if I didn't win the project?

This is what I can not stand about "income inequality".  The lazy, non risk-taking bastards look at me in year 8, and think "he didn't build that", and "it's not fair", and want to take all of my money.

I can guarantee you not one of them would have traded places with me in the first 3 years, when my guts wrenched, I lost weight, I was working 7 10 or 12 hour days, and all the rest of it that goes with doing a start up business.

Don't get me wrong, and I've said this before - I knew what I was getting into, and I didn't ask for anyone's help.  But, I resent the hell out of people coming by years later, and thinking I didn't earn it.

I earned it in ways that the people who want to take away would never have the guts to contemplate.

For the past 2 years, I have been doing this again, except right now, I am still in the crap phase, and have not gotten to the return phase.  It has been all out miserable.

When it turns, it will because of my hard work, my innovation, and my intellect.  F U if you want to take away my success when it finally gets here.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,552
Reply with quote  #124 
I will add further to the above, that this more than almost anything else turns my stomach re: Democrats.

Income inequality - screw you. 

It's easy for the aholes to say they want my money - it's not fair.  As I said, none of them would have traded places with me in the first 2-3 years of the process.

God, that boils my blood more than about anything else.
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Blankie and a juice box?

tsk tsk That's not being respectful of Dewey - consider this a posting violation.

Perhaps Teds campaign can help me out with a form. Will you ask them for me?
[voting-violation-2-e1454272028465]
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #126 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
I will add further to the above, that this more than almost anything else turns my stomach re: Democrats.

Income inequality - screw you. 

It's easy for the aholes to say they want my money - it's not fair.  As I said, none of them would have traded places with me in the first 2-3 years of the process.

God, that boils my blood more than about anything else.

Great posts! I hope you see I was exposing the Left's notion of "fair share"...
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #127 
Pdad - PDad, I used that claim back on the 21st in another thread.  Interference happens more often than you realize.  Surely you saw the bumped posts but whatever.  I made sure to highlight it for readers to remember the next time Republicans claim Democrats won't allow them to speak.

Now mikec just said the Government wants to take all his money and we know that isn't true.  How does one respond to statements like that?  Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if anyone agrees with my view on POTUS eligibility or if they have a different view.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,552
Reply with quote  #128 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad

Great posts! I hope you see I was exposing the Left's notion of "fair share"...


yessir, and I contend there is no such thing.  There is no "fair share" of the pain that comes with making it.

And, quite frankly, I have doubts all the time as to whether the pain is worth it, because it is substantial.

But then, none of these grabby-gotcha "income inequality" pukes would know that, because they don't have the guts to go through all of the pain to get to the reward.

They just see the reward, and say it ain't fair.  None of them are wiping the barf from my chin tonight.
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,778
Reply with quote  #129 
Democrats see the middle class as a beneficiary political class. The more people are dependent on Democrats, the more the middle class suffers.

Republicans see the middle class as an engine of economic vitality. The more the middle class succeeds, the more Democrats suffer.

Democrats need an ever-growing beneficiary class to survive. It informs almost everything they do.
 

__________________
#MakeDCListen #End Socialism #NoDems #2016 #ForAmerica
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Pdad - PDad, I used that claim back on the 21st in another thread.  Interference happens more often than you realize.  Surely you saw the bumped posts but whatever.  I made sure to highlight it for readers to remember the next time Republicans claim Democrats won't allow them to speak.

I saw that, but it was general in nature versus calling out what was transpiring right then.

If the Left gets annoyed at 7+ years of the Right criticizing Democrats, they should ignore it and move on.

If the Right gets annoyed at 7+ years of a left leaning member pushing an alternative perspective, the Right should get annoyed and shout it down.

Quote:
Now mikec just said the Government wants to take all his money and we know that isn't true.  How does one respond to statements like that? (you don't - it was hyperbole)  Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if anyone agrees with my view on POTUS eligibility or if they have a different view.

Wait on Dewey! You might have more luck if you asked in another thread...

I also think you're just trying to change the subject away from "fair share"...
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,552
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Pdad - PDad, I used that claim back on the 21st in another thread.  Interference happens more often than you realize.  Surely you saw the bumped posts but whatever.  I made sure to highlight it for readers to remember the next time Republicans claim Democrats won't allow them to speak.

Now mikec just said the Government wants to take all his money and we know that isn't true.  How does one respond to statements like that?  Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if anyone agrees with my view on POTUS eligibility or if they have a different view.


OK then Mr Smartass, why is it fair for the government to take MORE of my money?

Did you miss all of the other stuff I posted?  You focused on the word ALL, and skipped the rest? 

Were you, your POTUS, HRC, or Sanders there when I was bleeding for this business?  How is it "fair" when none of you want to share in the pain, yet you want a LARGER (ok there, smartass) piece of the reward?


keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #132 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad

tsk tsk That's not being respectful of Dewey - consider this a posting violation.

Perhaps Teds campaign can help me out with a form. Will you ask them for me?
[voting-violation-2-e1454272028465]


EX:

Quote:


In 2008, academics at Yale published an influential paper showing that one of the most effective ways to get voters to the polls was “social pressure.” Researchers found that registered voters in a 2006 primary election in Michigan voted at a higher rate if they received mailers indicating that their participation in the election would be publicized. The mailer that had the biggest impact included information about the two previous elections and whether the recipient and his or her neighbors participated or not. “We intend to mail an updated chart,” the mailer warned. “You and your neighbors will all know who voted and who did not.”

Insights from the Yale study have since been adopted by several campaigns, including MoveOn, which also faced criticism when it used the tactic to turn out voters for Barack Obama’s reëlection, in 2012.



I'll cite if you wish, well what the hell.  http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ted-cruzs-iowa-mailers-are-more-fraudulent-than-everyone-thinks  Note that this is not a PRO Cruz article, it is highly critical

I won't be spending 2 days chasing my tail like dewy with this forum.  I'm not a politician and don't know political tactics but if it's been used since 2006 and obama's team used it, phuck it.



__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
I'll cite if you wish, well what the hell.  http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ted-cruzs-iowa-mailers-are-more-fraudulent-than-everyone-thinks  Note that this is not a PRO Cruz article, it is highly critical

I won't be spending 2 days chasing my tail like dewy with this forum.  I'm not a politician and don't know political tactics but if it's been used since 2006 and obama's team used it, phuck it.

I hope you realize my admonition was tongue-in-cheek. "Posting violation" reminded me of the ruckus over Cruz's mailer, so I needled you about it.

Thanks for citing the article - the background is interesting. FTR, I've heard good comments about Cruz's focus on data. I hope the GOP is as prepared as Priebus has been bragging about - especially with improved polling.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #134 
Dude, you're good.  I'm good.  I'm not trying to sell Cruz to anyone, people need to learn him like I did.  He's not the easiest in the world to like but he's what I think is best for this country.
 Cruz or Rubio, let the best man win, NBP!  no bloody pantsuit

Your posting violation was taken as wanting an answer and believe me I researched the topic for 1/2 an hour before I responded.

BTW, I have the forum record for posting violations, joisey issued them to me like he had a quota on them or something.  I've had a hundred or so from dewy himself.  I like living on the edge.  Just ask my friends (the few I have), family and coworkers.  I have an approval rating that would compare to Donald Trump's or harry's reed

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #135 
mikec - I'm 47 years this month running my own business, 30+ as owner, and I have to say I don't carry anywhere near the same feelings as you do.  In fact, I feel blessed to be in a Country where I had this opportunity.  I'm thankful to all those who have worked and contributed on my behalf and I hope most of them are equally thankful for an opportunity I gave them.

When I think income inequality, I see it from a far different perspective.  I see a need for a higher minimum wage.  I see a need for significant investment in training and educating our workforce.  I had no problem with tuition free K-12 education and I think tuition free K-14 is an excellent idea.  I support "preventive" health care in order to help those with fewer resources have one less problem to be concerned with while they work hard to make a life for themselves.  Affordable college, better trade deals, UE benefits, tax write-offs for renters, progressive income tax rates, and eliminating corporate tax loopholes are just some of the ideas that come to my mind that will go a long way to closing the income inequality gap.  It's not all about taking mikec's money.

You know, every time I'm out with friends and they share an incident where they think they've been hosed, I think of this forum.  Maybe a medical bill comes in so much higher than they could have ever anticipated, or maybe it's every oil company suddenly raising their gas prices at once as CA did this week.  Maybe it's a huge bill from their cell phone company because they went over on data use, or a claim the their insurance carrier refuses to cover.  It can be any number of things that might come up in our conversations.  When they do, I always reply by mentioning this forum and telling them how those I debate with think little about the big guy taking advantage of the little guy.  They think all our problems are wrapped up in the guy on the porch drinking beer while he's drawing UE benefits.  This is one area I really agree with Bill Maher about...I'm shocked how so many everyday workers don't see how Democrats have your back against abuse from those who will go to great lengths to take full advantage of your family's pocket book for their own personal gain.  Clearly not all companies, not even a majority, but far too many.  Needless to say, I think many of you are fighting the wrong battles.  But it's a free Country.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,552
Reply with quote  #136 
Humongous post full of democrat talking points, and still answers as to why it's fair to take my money after all I did to earn it.

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #137 
So my friends sharing what disgusts them is Democrat talking points. It's as if mikec is the only one with legitimate gripes. Btw, I see a lot of happy rich folk who live in the higher tax brackets.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
 I see a need for significant investment in training and educating our workforce


What does that mean when a democrat says it?  I've never understood it.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,919
Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


What does that mean when a democrat says it?  I've never understood it.


It means we have to pay for it while they are pregnant with their fifth child from the 5th different father.

__________________
I'd Challenge You to A Battle of Wits but I see your Unarmed!!!
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,552
Reply with quote  #140 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
So my friends sharing what disgusts them is Democrat talking points. It's as if mikec is the only one with legitimate gripes. Btw, I see a lot of happy rich folk who live in the higher tax brackets.


Because I believe your friends are imaginary, just like your 12 year old illegal immigrant neighbor who fears ,deportation, and all the fake scenarios you construct.

And, you still haven't said, so I guess you think its fair for me to make $40k aggregate the first 3 years in startup, then have a good year, be blamed for income inequality, and be taxed to death.

Why would anyone go through this pain?
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #141 
mikec - It's a true story.  In my circle few worry about the little guys who take unfair advantage.  It's the occasional bigger guys who fix prices, put out faulty products, pollute, etc., that put our best interests at risk.

In response to your personal concerns, carry over your losses to future years, take advantage of accelerated depreciation, write off your expenses, etc., to reduce your pain, whatever that may be.  To be honest, I can't figure out what you're complaining about.  If you want the 33% bracket to be 31%, make your case already.  Otherwise, put me down as one long time business owner who isn't completely following your emotional tirade.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #142 
mike don't take the bait.  dewy trying to get you to chastise him for his criticism of you and then come back and say "How can you get mad at me when you say nothing to the conservative posters here"?  Don't take his antagonism.  He's trying to draw you out to put you on the defense.  A repetitious ploy he has also played on pabar, among others.  Stick to talking about YOU and I'll handle myself.

ref:

"Otherwise, put me down as one long time business owner who isn't completely following your emotional tirade."  Pass the Motrin

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #143 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Affordable college, better trade deals, UE benefits, tax write-offs for renters, progressive income tax rates, and eliminating corporate tax loopholes are just some of the ideas that come to my mind that will go a long way to closing the income inequality gap.

FTR, almost all of those existed while the gap grew.

Quote:
You know, every time I'm out with friends and they share an incident where they think they've been hosed, I think of this forum.  Maybe a medical bill comes in so much higher than they could have ever anticipated, or maybe it's every oil company suddenly raising their gas prices at once as CA did this week.  Maybe it's a huge bill from their cell phone company because they went over on data use, or a claim the their insurance carrier refuses to cover.  It can be any number of things that might come up in our conversations.  When they do, I always reply by mentioning this forum and telling them how those I debate with think little about the big guy taking advantage of the little guy.  They think all our problems are wrapped up in the guy on the porch drinking beer while he's drawing UE benefits.  This is one area I really agree with Bill Maher about...I'm shocked how so many everyday workers don't see how Democrats have your back against abuse from those who will go to great lengths to take full advantage of your family's pocket book for their own personal gain.  Clearly not all companies, not even a majority, but far too many.  Needless to say, I think many of you are fighting the wrong battles.  But it's a free Country.

Sounds like a pity party. FTR, both sides demonize based on the worst offenders. Also, telling them about UCS conservatives doesn't help them. You should help your friends instead of campaigning.
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,435
Reply with quote  #144 
Dewey advocates "affordable college", but hasn't answered my questions about it in the Democrats '16 thread (http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1291020012&postcount=390).

Added: I prepared answers to all his tough questions yesterday and held off posting them until now due to high activity on the thread.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #145 
"Sounds like a pity party"

doesn't it?

"high activity on the thread."

Election Year

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #146 
" It's the occasional bigger guys who fix prices, put out faulty products, pollute, etc., that put our best interests at risk."

Either it is or it isn't a problem "the occasional bigger guys"?  WTF?  Always someone else to blame for life's problems.  My son tried to grow up saying, "It's not fair" [anything], I told him to quit talking like his mama.  His mama is gay, true story

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #147 
PDad - It was a long day on the 12u circuit.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #148 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad

 Also, telling them about UCS conservatives doesn't help them. You should help your friends instead of campaigning.


I do.  I tell them if they'll get out and vote Democrat, and encourage their friends across this Country to do the same, we can elect those who will have their back when it comes to price gouging, small print, vague insurance exceptions, and other corporate abuse.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,932
Reply with quote  #149 
oh sweet government teat

those evil corporations

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
rocklifter

Registered:
Posts: 2,919
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklifter


It means we have to pay for it while they are pregnant with their fifth child from the 5th different father.


I liked my response. I see it drew no response from Dewey since what I stated is very true in many cases.

__________________
I'd Challenge You to A Battle of Wits but I see your Unarmed!!!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: