Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 10 of 12     «   Prev   7   8   9   10   11   12   Next
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #271 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Over the past 10,000 years or so, we Sapiens have grown so accustomed to being the only human species that it's hard for most to conceive of any other possibility.  We imagine that we are the epitome of creation, the pinnacle of evolution, and that a chasm exists between us and all other species. Had Neandethals survived, would we still view things this way? 

I believe that this is exactly why our ancestors wiped them out 30,000 years ago. They were too familiar to ignore, but too different to tolerate.


We are the pinnacle of creation. God said so. God gave us dominion over all the earth, and the animals. We are unique in all his creations and are special to God. Don’t say that we crawled out of the swamp and evolved to where we are today. Things work a little too orderly for that. Of course when God gave us dominion, he also told us that we were also to be good stewards of the earth and animals. He specifically gave us instructions on agriculture including crop rotations, domestic animal husbandry, as well as the care of wildlife.

__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,455
Reply with quote  #272 
👍
__________________
#SCOTUS x two
Fresh has rings. Ask him to tell you about them


bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 11,067
Reply with quote  #273 
Quote:
 Sex, avarice and prejudice. Commonalities since Adam and Eve - right Blue.


Yep, Rudy, the first two humans on earth couldn't even get it right.............Then, one of their sons murdered his brother..............It got so bad all of mankind - except Noah's family -  were acting like politicians............They were drowned and here we are all over again - still getting it wrong...........

Mankind's common-sense isn't too good a thing to plan our life around..........
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 6,571
Reply with quote  #274 
Day Zero coming to Capetown, South Africa. A taste of things to come for a large part of the rest of the globe. Water will always be the ultimate commodity.



"We’ve identified four risks: water shortages, sanitation failures, disease outbreaks and anarchy due to competition for scarce resources,”says Greg Pillay. “We had to go back to the drawing board. We were prepared for disruption of supply, but not a no-water scenario. 

The plan – being drawn up with the emergency services, the military, epidemiologists and other health experts – is geared towards Day Zero, the apocalyptically named point when water in the six-dam reservoir system falls to 13.5% of capacity.

At this critical level – currently forecast for 16 April – piped supply will be deemed to have failed and the city will dispatch teams of engineers to close the valves to about a million homes – 75% of the city.

“It’s going to be terrifying for many people when they turn on the tap and nothing comes out,” says Christine Colvin, freshwater manager for WWF and a member of the mayor’s advisory board.

In place of piped water, the city will establish 200 water collection points, scattered around the city to ensure the legally guaranteed minimum of 25 litres per person per day within 200 metres of every citizen’s home."


__________________

"What questions are not getting answered.  The only ones I see being avoided is "Why you switch from Dewey to Will I Wynn?"  and  "Why you switch from Bama_CF to Fresh?" and of course the best one that will never get answered, never in a million years... "When you bringing back KPI?"

woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,828
Reply with quote  #275 
Might want to send troops to guard the engineers, and the people distributing water.

I can only imagine what would happen if the water supply was turned off in Los Angeles, and county and state trucks started handing out a 5 gallon bucket per day.

__________________
Ignorance is forgivable, and correctable with proper study. Stupidity is a way of life.


Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,515
Reply with quote  #276 
Image may contain: one or more people and text
__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,455
Reply with quote  #277 
Millenials have been taught that all is wrong and not worth fighting for. History was all a big Fup and we need to make amends.
They say Gen X will be the next wave of conservatives. They are seeing the failure of the lib agaenda.
Fingers crosssed

__________________
#SCOTUS x two
Fresh has rings. Ask him to tell you about them


Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,515
Reply with quote  #278 
Image may contain: one or more people and text
__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 969
Reply with quote  #279 

There is no "god"--laughable concept for kids--and the only people who've taken action to protect our fragile planet are progressives. Conservatives who think that short-term corporate earnings or economic growth are more important than protecting the planet are deeply ignorant and foolish and a big reason why, in the near or not so distant future, this planet could be in real peril. Any yea, developing countries are a major problem when it comes to environmental degradation. Ever been to China? It is //heavily polluted.// Why? Coal--it is how China powers its electric grid. Yea, the same coal that Trump thinks is such a good thing. Fortunately, we have people who are a lot smarter and more forward-thinking that Trump and conservatives and who know that we must emphasize--and lead the way--with renewable energy sources. But it's an uphill battle convincing the Neanderthals on the right. Scott Pruitt from Oklahoma, our EPA chief, is focused on coddling oil and gas companies and protecting them from all those terrible, terrible, environmental regulations--you know, the same regulations that have given us relatively clean air and water--though water pollution remains a serious problem. And water shortages are a reality and will get worse. It's all a bit depressing, actually, trying to get conservatives to open their eyes and think about the future and solving problems. 

__________________
vance law
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,515
Reply with quote  #280 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo

There is no "god"--laughable concept for kids--and the only people who've taken action to protect our fragile planet are progressives. Conservatives who think that short-term corporate earnings or economic growth are more important than protecting the planet are deeply ignorant and foolish and a big reason why, in the near or not so distant future, this planet could be in real peril. Any yea, developing countries are a major problem when it comes to environmental degradation. Ever been to China? It is //heavily polluted.// Why? Coal--it is how China powers its electric grid. Yea, the same coal that Trump thinks is such a good thing. Fortunately, we have people who are a lot smarter and more forward-thinking that Trump and conservatives and who know that we must emphasize--and lead the way--with renewable energy sources. But it's an uphill battle convincing the Neanderthals on the right. Scott Pruitt from Oklahoma, our EPA chief, is focused on coddling oil and gas companies and protecting them from all those terrible, terrible, environmental regulations--you know, the same regulations that have given us relatively clean air and water--though water pollution remains a serious problem. And water shortages are a reality and will get worse. It's all a bit depressing, actually, trying to get conservatives to open their eyes and think about the future and solving problems. 



Leave emotion out and cite actual facts?

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,648
Reply with quote  #281 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_1



Leave emotion out and cite actual facts?


Impossible for the leftists.  Emotions are all they have as facts are never on their side.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 5,624
Reply with quote  #282 
Plenty of facts available, righties call them fake news. Must find common ground
__________________
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,325
Reply with quote  #283 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo

There is no "god"--laughable concept for kids--and the only people who've taken action to protect our fragile planet are progressives. Conservatives who think that short-term corporate earnings or economic growth are more important than protecting the planet are deeply ignorant and foolish and a big reason why, in the near or not so distant future, this planet could be in real peril. Any yea, developing countries are a major problem when it comes to environmental degradation. Ever been to China? It is //heavily polluted.// Why? Coal--it is how China powers its electric grid. Yea, the same coal that Trump thinks is such a good thing. Fortunately, we have people who are a lot smarter and more forward-thinking that Trump and conservatives and who know that we must emphasize--and lead the way--with renewable energy sources. But it's an uphill battle convincing the Neanderthals on the right. Scott Pruitt from Oklahoma, our EPA chief, is focused on coddling oil and gas companies and protecting them from all those terrible, terrible, environmental regulations--you know, the same regulations that have given us relatively clean air and water--though water pollution remains a serious problem. And water shortages are a reality and will get worse. It's all a bit depressing, actually, trying to get conservatives to open their eyes and think about the future and solving problems. 

Of course none of this is true.  As a conservative I very much believe the environment is important.  What is going to do the best to continually improve our environment is economical green solutions.   

Solar is becoming extremely viable.  Wind is still needs more push than I like, but it is also an expensive alternative.  

Unfortunately what emotional knee jerky reactive approaches like what Kazoo proposes lead to Solendra like failures, not to a better environment.   The energy sector remains one of the most vital sectors of our economy.  People go to war over oil because energy is that important.  Energy is around 8.8% of GDP.

Real steps we can take immediately.  Fund advanced research into Solar cell efficiency, and solar cell manufacturing techniques.  Fund advanced research into alternatives to Solar, Wind, like bio fuels produced with algae, some of these are showing true promise.  Continued wind research.  Continued wave and tidal generation research. 

We can move all of our fleet trucks and busses to Liquid Natural Gas LNG.  Every ounce of LNG we use as a fuel is natural gas that is not getting flared off at the well head. This of course takes infrastructure (pipelines) to efficiently move the LNG around the country.  Unfortunately over emotional environmentalist hate all energy, so they fight these common sense 

We should have longer term research ongoing for moving all of our vehicles to hydrogen.  Hydrogen is an extremely clean way to store a load of energy.  

Continued long term research on batteries.  I think the NiCad took us a long way, but it still does not have the power density to get beyond commuter (200Mi) ranges. 

Economic viability remains a key factor in any energy solutions that are going to fix our environment.



__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 11,067
Reply with quote  #284 
Fresh said.........
Quote:
Must find common ground 


Ain't gonna happen - we got no common-ground with liberal-thinking..........

Queer-marriage and abortion need to be illegal...........And, illegal wet-backs gotta go home.......... 
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 11,067
Reply with quote  #285 
Fresh said.........
Quote:
Must find common ground 


Ain't gonna happen - we got no common-ground with liberal-thinking..........

Queer-marriage and abortion need to be illegal...........And, illegal wet-backs gotta go home..........
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 969
Reply with quote  #286 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Of course none of this is true.  As a conservative I very much believe the environment is important.  What is going to do the best to continually improve our environment is economical green solutions.   

Solar is becoming extremely viable.  Wind is still needs more push than I like, but it is also an expensive alternative.  

Unfortunately what emotional knee jerky reactive approaches like what Kazoo proposes lead to Solendra like failures, not to a better environment.   The energy sector remains one of the most vital sectors of our economy.  People go to war over oil because energy is that important.  Energy is around 8.8% of GDP.

Real steps we can take immediately.  Fund advanced research into Solar cell efficiency, and solar cell manufacturing techniques.  Fund advanced research into alternatives to Solar, Wind, like bio fuels produced with algae, some of these are showing true promise.  Continued wind research.  Continued wave and tidal generation research. 

We can move all of our fleet trucks and busses to Liquid Natural Gas LNG.  Every ounce of LNG we use as a fuel is natural gas that is not getting flared off at the well head. This of course takes infrastructure (pipelines) to efficiently move the LNG around the country.  Unfortunately over emotional environmentalist hate all energy, so they fight these common sense 

We should have longer term research ongoing for moving all of our vehicles to hydrogen.  Hydrogen is an extremely clean way to store a load of energy.  

Continued long term research on batteries.  I think the NiCad took us a long way, but it still does not have the power density to get beyond commuter (200Mi) ranges. 

Economic viability remains a key factor in any energy solutions that are going to fix our environment.




All good points. The problem is that the Trump administration is trying to destroy or great weaken many of the bedrock environmental regulations in this country. They don't believe in environmental protection, which is merely one more indication of how stupid and foolish and ideological they are. Scott Pruitt is a stooge of the energy industry. Few things are more sinister than putting people in charge of federal agencies who don't believe in the mission of the agency to begin with--and the Trump administration is full of such ideological clowns. Conservatives want to believe that the private sector is going to solve problems in America--hence their desire to privatize everything. This instinct is a joke. The private sector is composed of companies whose sole purpose is too make money, which almost always translates into charging more money for services. Look at Trump--spewing nonsense about "clean coal" and strengthening the coal industry. It's more BS. Coal is a dirty, dying industry. Regulations exist for a reason. Republicans are dishonest and venal. 

__________________
vance law
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,455
Reply with quote  #287 
Do you wear a hard hat all day since the sky in your world is falling?
__________________
#SCOTUS x two
Fresh has rings. Ask him to tell you about them


TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 7,831
Reply with quote  #288 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo


All good points. The problem is that the Trump administration is trying to destroy or great weaken many of the bedrock environmental regulations in this country. They don't believe in environmental protection, which is merely one more indication of how stupid and foolish and ideological they are. Scott Pruitt is a stooge of the energy industry. Few things are more sinister than putting people in charge of federal agencies who don't believe in the mission of the agency to begin with--and the Trump administration is full of such ideological clowns. Conservatives want to believe that the private sector is going to solve problems in America--hence their desire to privatize everything. This instinct is a joke. The private sector is composed of companies whose sole purpose is too make money, which almost always translates into charging more money for services. Look at Trump--spewing nonsense about "clean coal" and strengthening the coal industry. It's more BS. Coal is a dirty, dying industry. Regulations exist for a reason. Republicans are dishonest and venal. 


Can you name one thing, ONE THING, the government does better than the private sector could?

Edit it add:  us pubes survived eight years of Obama, you can survive at least four of Trump.  America is tough.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,325
Reply with quote  #289 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo


All good points. The problem is that the Trump administration is trying to destroy or great weaken many of the bedrock environmental regulations in this country. They don't believe in environmental protection, which is merely one more indication of how stupid and foolish and ideological they are. Scott Pruitt is a stooge of the energy industry. Few things are more sinister than putting people in charge of federal agencies who don't believe in the mission of the agency to begin with--and the Trump administration is full of such ideological clowns. Conservatives want to believe that the private sector is going to solve problems in America--hence their desire to privatize everything. This instinct is a joke. The private sector is composed of companies whose sole purpose is too make money, which almost always translates into charging more money for services. Look at Trump--spewing nonsense about "clean coal" and strengthening the coal industry. It's more BS. Coal is a dirty, dying industry. Regulations exist for a reason. Republicans are dishonest and venal. 

Regulations are expensive and come in a penal way a burden on working America.

The things I laid out are how we break that log jam.  Create economical real longterm solutions.  Companies can still make money.  

American market place has shown a great tendancy towards more green products.  The American capitialist system is the end all be all in efficiently delivering solutions that the market is asking for.

I find it really frustrating that dem environmentalist seem to just deny that we have some harder physical problems to solve to make this all way easier.  I would very much like for them to join in a push for funding of University research teams in these critical technologies.  

Regulation can at best create slight movements.  Innovations, markets, economics can change the world.  When you realize that, you will get what is going on.

__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 969
Reply with quote  #290 

Most regulations are meant to avert disasters or protect people from one thing or another--not change the world. What do you think caused the massive recession--nearly a depression--that began in 2007 and lasted for at least six/seven years? Corruption and a lack of regulation of the financial sector. Environmental regulations are meant to keep air and water clean--period. Regulations do not impede innovation generally. 

__________________
vance law
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,648
Reply with quote  #291 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo

Most regulations are meant to avert disasters or protect people from one thing or another--not change the world. What do you think caused the massive recession--nearly a depression--that began in 2007 and lasted for at least six/seven years? Corruption and a lack of regulation of the financial sector. Environmental regulations are meant to keep air and water clean--period. Regulations do not impede innovation generally. 


Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.  Do some reading.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 7,831
Reply with quote  #292 
Still waiting on an answer to this one Vance.  I know it might take some original thought, but you might be able to google some talking points on this on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator


Can you name one thing, ONE THING, the government does better than the private sector could?

Edit it add:  us pubes survived eight years of Obama, you can survive at least four of Trump.  America is tough.
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,769
Reply with quote  #293 

Quote:
Can you name one thing, ONE THING, the government does better than the private sector could?

Weather reporting. And a contentious situation with some worrying about the privatization of an organization like NOAA.

New head of NOAA


Forbes US weather NOAA Private or Public

Surprise! FoxNews supports Private over Public Weather Reporting Service




__________________
Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,325
Reply with quote  #294 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSmith

 

Weather reporting. And a contentious situation with some worrying about the privatization of an organization like NOAA.

New head of NOAA


Forbes US weather NOAA Private or Public

Surprise! FoxNews supports Private over Public Weather Reporting Service




To me in our area.  NOAA works hand in hand with local weather entities (news stations), and Universities.   There are natural nice divisions in responsibility.  As sensor technologies adapt and change so will these relationships.  I do not think that NOAA has anything to worry about from the private sector.  The private sector will certainly continue to grow. 

At that same time the need to integrate sensor data, coordinate sensor data, help people understand where the gaps remain all grow as well.  So plenty of opportunity for NOAA to grow additionally in these new roles. 

__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,515
Reply with quote  #295 
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/health/ohio-transgender-teen-hearing-judge-decision/index.html



A Hamilton County, Ohio, judge on Friday gave custody of a transgender teen to his grandparents rather than his parents, allowing them to make medical decisions regarding his transition.

The parents didn't want the teen, a 17-year-old who identifies as male, to undergo hormone treatment and refused to call him by his chosen name, triggering suicidal feelings, according to court testimony. The parents wanted custody in order to make medical decisions for the teen and prohibit thetreatment that his medical team had recommended.



__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 969
Reply with quote  #296 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


Impossible for the leftists.  Emotions are all they have as facts are never on their side.


Did you REALLY say this? You aren't too familiar with facts, apparently. The truth is the opposite of what you say. Conservatives hate facts because facts conflict with their little brains and their dumb ideology. Hmm: Who has facts on their side when it comes to global warming--scientists, whose profession is completely centered on facts--or politicians and right-wing media who want to challenge the conclusions of scientists because--for some strange reason--they don't like the facts. Who do you think originated the disinformation campaigns aimed at global warming facts? Answer: Energy companies that don't like regulations. So they set up front organizations and spew out nonsense and BS aimed at clouding the issue. That is what conservatives do across the board nowadays. There are plenty of facts on gun violence, but conservatives pretend there is no problem because the NRA wants to sell more guns and it persuades burly guys who drive trucks that it's fun to play wannabe sheriff. Meanwhile, the massacres continue....

Who's got the facts on Russia? Trump spends his days railing at "fake news" because the facts are embarrassing to him--because the facts make clear what an ignorant fool and prolific liar he is. He said for months that there was no Russian meddling in our election. Lie. Conservatives do not like facts. Same with health care....Our system is terrible. Rampant price gouging, lousy insurance policies, Americans forced into bankruptcy--and we clearly need a single-payer system like every other advanced nation in the world. But conservatives deny the obvious--'oh, that's socialism.' It's called solving problems and moving forward--not doing nothing and being backward. 

__________________
vance law
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 7,831
Reply with quote  #297 
Having Vance around is fun.  Constant reminder of the loser mentality of the left.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 7,455
Reply with quote  #298 
While it is mildly entertaining his rambling diatribes and poor sentence structure make his posts unreadable
__________________
#SCOTUS x two
Fresh has rings. Ask him to tell you about them


pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 13,648
Reply with quote  #299 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoo


Did you REALLY say this? You aren't too familiar with facts, apparently. The truth is the opposite of what you say. Conservatives hate facts because facts conflict with their little brains and their dumb ideology. Hmm: Who has facts on their side when it comes to global warming--scientists, whose profession is completely centered on facts--or politicians and right-wing media who want to challenge the conclusions of scientists because--for some strange reason--they don't like the facts. Who do you think originated the disinformation campaigns aimed at global warming facts? Answer: Energy companies that don't like regulations. So they set up front organizations and spew out nonsense and BS aimed at clouding the issue. That is what conservatives do across the board nowadays. There are plenty of facts on gun violence, but conservatives pretend there is no problem because the NRA wants to sell more guns and it persuades burly guys who drive trucks that it's fun to play wannabe sheriff. Meanwhile, the massacres continue....

Who's got the facts on Russia? Trump spends his days railing at "fake news" because the facts are embarrassing to him--because the facts make clear what an ignorant fool and prolific liar he is. He said for months that there was no Russian meddling in our election. Lie. Conservatives do not like facts. Same with health care....Our system is terrible. Rampant price gouging, lousy insurance policies, Americans forced into bankruptcy--and we clearly need a single-payer system like every other advanced nation in the world. But conservatives deny the obvious--'oh, that's socialism.' It's called solving problems and moving forward--not doing nothing and being backward. 


Apparently, even facts aren't facts when it comes to "global warming".

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2018/01/25/new-yorks-temperature-record-massively-altered-by-noaa/



__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 14,325
Reply with quote  #300 
Kaplooey has it all twisted up.  Dems told everyone 10 years ago that Weather is not Climate.  

Dew you better talk to your boy.  He don't have all the talking points (TP) straight yet.  Going to cause all sorts of Dem messaging dilemmas if he keeps that up. 

__________________
Just say no to dullards.   
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.