Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 8      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #91 
I generally respond, counter puncher. If your friends didn't ask so many questions....if some didn't sit waiting formy next post, you wouldn't have to read so much. Respectfully shove that sh1t up your ass. I'll post where and when I please. Take your sh1t somewhere else if you don't like it. You don't own this site.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,887
Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Respectfully shove that sh1t up your ass.

oh my.

__________________
DC v Hellar - Landmark Supreme Court case established that "protects an individual right to keep and bear arms", that right was "premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." 
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,570
Reply with quote  #93 
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Salty
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,887
Reply with quote  #94 
I am sensing bamaturdfreshy break for the day.
__________________
DC v Hellar - Landmark Supreme Court case established that "protects an individual right to keep and bear arms", that right was "premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,543
Reply with quote  #95 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
So you're all in on global warming?


My guess is Blue is referring to the Rapture.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #96 
I was being condescending.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,543
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
I was being condescending.


Proof that you're not Dewey.  He was condescending all the time but never had the balls to admit it.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,374
Reply with quote  #98 
In 2005, the Hirsch report stated that any real attempts to mitigate our collision with the hard ecological limits of our finite planet HAD to begin at least 20 years before we reached the peak oil mark. What should have been the start of a serious change of course, instead led to the 'search' for the 'replacement' for fossil fuels. Ethanol, then solar energy, then biodiesel, then fracking, then-fusion...None will be the answer. 
"Progress" is really just continued movement in the same direction.  It's ok to declare that 'progress' isn't our friend, it's our enemy. UWa hit on an interesting and relevant topic when he mentioned 'technology suites' in his earlier post. I'd urge everyone to google that topic up and get an idea of what thats all about. In any case, I'd like to see us dial back to the technology suites of the 1950's, or maybe a little farther back to the 1920's, and mix and match them as long as they are sustainable and scalable to their purpose. For example, I'm thinking of solar powered steam engines as a hybrid tech suite that maybe can stand the test of time. Stuff like that. Windmills and water wheels, small communities with local agriculture. If we don't dial it back now, the 'tech will save us' plan will fail us.

__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,000
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Already told you to take that sh1t over to the global warming thread. You already scrogging half the threads on this forum. 


That's why he's here.  Him and dewy have a PMing thing going on and dewywill is directing him in his old hijacking tactics

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,374
Reply with quote  #100 
"The difference between America and England is that Americans think 100 years is a long time, while the English think 100 miles is a long way." --Earle Hitchner


Yes indeed. Two thing seem certain to me. Fossil fuel draw-down will continue until the finite supply becomes low enough that further extraction isn't cost-effective. Then it will be gone, and everything that depends upon it will go with it.  Secondly, there will be no 'new technology' that appears to save the day and allow us to continue living like we do.

Will it be a long time until that reality must be faced? I guess it depends on whether you ask an Englishman or an American. But it will be within this century for sure.

We have become hypnotized by the technofetishism of jerky little pixelated pictures on glass screens. It will be quite an awakening when those go away. I predict that those who now adopt technologies and habits of earlier (pre-industrial) eras will turn out to be on the cutting edge.  Giddy up.

__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,725
Reply with quote  #101 
First of all "fossil-fuel" is a dumb term...........

Oil and gas will go away when the earth goes away...........Not before..........
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,374
Reply with quote  #102 
Can you explain why 'fossil fuel' is a dumb term without any reference to god or bible please.
__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,887
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Can you explain why 'fossil fuel' is a dumb term without any reference to god or bible please.

Cannot be done with out talking about the bible.

Strict interpretation of the creation story would believe that the world started not that long ago, geologically speaking.  6,000-15,000 years ago.  So no dinosaurs. 

Apologies up front if this was not the exact answer.  

__________________
DC v Hellar - Landmark Supreme Court case established that "protects an individual right to keep and bear arms", that right was "premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." 
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,820
Reply with quote  #104 
Please understand that our rock has been created and killed off for eons. It was created by God,
__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,725
Reply with quote  #105 
uwA said...........
Quote:
Cannot be done with out talking about the bible.

Strict interpretation of the creation story would believe that the world started not that long ago, geologically speaking.  6,000-15,000 years ago.  So no dinosaurs. 


Why people say this, I have no idea - because it's simply a misrepresentation...............But, we did get an apology up-front, so..............[smile]

Dinosaurs do exist in Bible Scripture...........The word "dinosaur" is a fairly modern word, so dinosaurs were called "behemoths" and "leviathans" in the Bible.............A reading of the book of Job will fulfill any curiosity of this did-dinosaurs-exist-in-the-Bible discussion.............. 


The Bible's time-line of the age of the earth is around 4,000 - 6,000 years...........
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,725
Reply with quote  #106 
Grayce said............
Quote:
Can you explain why 'fossil fuel' is a dumb term without any reference to God or bible please.


I go to the Bible for all the answers on everything............Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be wrong...........

On the other hand, you depend on carbon-dating and science for proof of your beliefs............Carbon-dating has been proven to be faulty and inaccurate...........And, more scientific studies have been proven wrong than they've been proven to be correct........ 


Perhaps a better question would be, can you explain your belief in theory of a "fossil-fuel" which depends on carbon-dating?


Another would be, how do you dismiss Bible prophecy that disasters and catastrophes will increase in latter days?............We're seeing cities, and even countries, being flooded...........The time-line and intensity is increasing............ 

The books of Daniel and Revelation are very revealing on what is to come for the earth.............The houses, land and vehicles people are worshiping are becoming not so valuable after all, it seems............





Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #107 
So the sun revolves around the earth?
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,820
Reply with quote  #108 
The sun is hiding planet X's approach. It will all be over Saturday I hear. Hmmm. Is it possible to post on a thread in the afterlife?
__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,374
Reply with quote  #109 
There is a very strong temptation for humanity to double down on the bad choices we have made in the last 4 decades, and make zero changes before the lights go off.  Kunstler calls it the psychology of previous (bad) investment. However, as the cognitive dissonance grows within you, the urge to ignore the warning bells in your head is tough to overcome.

In my 3rd group of people there are many who are thinking "I hope I'll be dead before it happens." Think about that one for a second. These people are telling their grandkids "I got mine; too bad your life is gonna suck."

I'm starting to think that this perspective is much more prevalent than in just a subset of my 3rd group. I think that many of the "technology will save us" group also recognize this. Unfortunately, the possibility that the current 'way of life' that a small percentage of the global population enjoy, will come to an electricity-less end, is something that simply can't be faced. The glimmer of hope I have is that I think somewhere deep in our psyche, we know that our fossil-fuel supported culture is going to end soon, and everything that depends on that fuel will end with it.   
 


__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #110 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
Grayce said............


I go to the Bible for all the answers on everything............Nothing in the Bible has ever been proven to be wrong...........

On the other hand, you depend on carbon-dating and science for proof of your beliefs............Carbon-dating has been proven to be faulty and inaccurate...........And, more scientific studies have been proven wrong than they've been proven to be correct........ 


Perhaps a better question would be, can you explain your belief in theory of a "fossil-fuel" which depends on carbon-dating?


Another would be, how do you dismiss Bible prophecy that disasters and catastrophes will increase in latter days?............We're seeing cities, and even countries, being flooded...........The time-line and intensity is increasing............ 

The books of Daniel and Revelation are very revealing on what is to come for the earth.............The houses, land and vehicles people are worshiping are becoming not so valuable after all, it seems............



Atheism abounds as well.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #111 
The sun does not revolve around the earth and global warming is at least partially responsible for worsening weather events.
Carbon dating has been substantiated with other measurements when comparable. There has been tweaking of the formulas over the years, but differences are in the 300-400 year range. Attempts to make it as accurate as possible to track human history and climate events. Your 6,000 year old earth flies all in the face of current scientific methods.

.You're not the first, and won't be the last, to predict the end of the earth. All have been wrong. Do you have a date and time yet?
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,725
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Atheism abounds as well.


Spiritually speaking, there is no difference between an atheist and a lukewarm believer..............Both have a commonality being that neither have the desire to get to know the Creator........... 

A lukewarm believer being someone who does believe in a Creator, but, who doesn't read and study the Bible..............Lukewarm believers are looking for physical blessings here on earth...........Bible believers don't seek these earthly blessings because their inner-peace doesn't come from such things................And, yes, the number of Bible believers is not a big number.............


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 6,887
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The sun does not revolve around the earth and global warming is at least partially responsible for worsening weather events.
Carbon dating has been substantiated with other measurements when comparable. There has been tweaking of the formulas over the years, but differences are in the 300-400 year range. Attempts to make it as accurate as possible to track human history and climate events. Your 6,000 year old earth flies all in the face of current scientific methods.

.You're not the first, and won't be the last, to predict the end of the earth. All have been wrong. Do you have a date and time yet?

Was global warming responsible for the nearly 20 years  we were below average Hurricane activity as well?  

Basically from 1960 to 1998 we were well below the historical average for Hurricane activity.  There is zero evidence to date that Global Warming has done anything to storm activity.

Many scientist believe that storm activity will increase based Global Warming, but few say they believe there is data that says it has increased. 


__________________
DC v Hellar - Landmark Supreme Court case established that "protects an individual right to keep and bear arms", that right was "premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." 
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,725
Reply with quote  #114 
Disasters and catastrophes will increase in frequency and intensity and will be quite noticeable in the end-time............Not just hurricanes, but earthquakes and other such stuff, also................

Are we there yet?...........Don't know...........But, if you know Bible prophecy, you will know the evidence that the plagues have begun..............And, Bible believers will not have a fear of any of them...........
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Was global warming responsible for the nearly 20 years  we were below average Hurricane activity as well?  No, only the worsening of current weather patterns.

Basically from 1960 to 1998 we were well below the historical average for Hurricane activity.  There is zero evidence to date that Global Warming has done anything to storm activity.

Many scientist believe that storm activity will increase based Global Warming, but few say they believe there is data that says it has increased. 



Haven't seen your response to my post on your man in a car that talked to a lady. My post was the original article in a rag called Z3. The one you posted was him doing a selphie. He specifically says a lady told him.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,570
Reply with quote  #116 
Strange you keep going back to the guy in the car when you have given us the "80%" lie and "alternative weapons" - when they didn't have any.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,151
Reply with quote  #117 
I gave you my reasons for the 80% figure....why don't you prove it's wrong. I happen to think it is very accurate from what I've been reading lately. The point of the comment was never what percentage of Manafort's income was from Russia. It was that he received income predominantly from Russia. 
The alternative was a speculative comment made concerning the Georgia Tech incident. I have found several stories where tasers were used in similar circumstances. I never advocated any other course, but wondered if tasers had been available, could a shooting have been avoided. Never placed any blame on Campus police.

You have exhibitted an increasing pattern of intellectual dishonesty with me, characterizing my comments out of context and outright lying about them. You are not in a search for the truth but purely want to cloud the issue with pointless criticisms and false claims. You will be placed in my deplorable file with KIR and I will not respond to any more of your posts as they are disingenuous and serve no purpose.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,570
Reply with quote  #118 
sorry for holding you accountable for what you say. You said 80% were with operatives of Putin - a number you have no way of verifying and admitted you made up. If you want to be able to make those statements, expect to be called out when you blankety accuse the right of exaggerating statements for impact.

You're free to ignore me - won't stop me from calling out your intellectual dishonesty. Figured you would run away eventually. Why can't we find anyone on the left with some game.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,374
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
There is a very strong temptation for humanity to double down on the bad choices we have made in the last 4 decades, and make zero changes before the lights go off.  Kunstler calls it the psychology of previous (bad) investment. However, as the cognitive dissonance grows within you, the urge to ignore the warning bells in your head is tough to overcome.

In my 3rd group of people there are many who are thinking "I hope I'll be dead before it happens." Think about that one for a second. These people are telling their grandkids "I got mine; too bad your life is gonna suck."

I'm starting to think that this perspective is much more prevalent than in just a subset of my 3rd group. I think that many of the "technology will save us" group also recognize this. Unfortunately, the possibility that the current 'way of life' that a small percentage of the global population enjoy, will come to an electricity-less end, is something that simply can't be faced. The glimmer of hope I have is that I think somewhere deep in our psyche, we know that our fossil-fuel supported culture is going to end soon, and everything that depends on that fuel will end with it.   
 


__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,000
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
 You will be placed in my deplorable file with KIR and I will not respond to any more of your posts as they are disingenuous and serve no purpose.


I appreciate the blank check

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.