Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
RPI_Guy

Registered:
Posts: 61
Reply with quote  #1 
Cannot hardly wait for the 2019 Season to get here. Almost inside of a month. Hard to believe it is already here.

Can't believe that we have already had exhibition games already with UCF playing the Canadian National Team yesterday.
sanjoaquin

Registered:
Posts: 25
Reply with quote  #2 
New UCF coach Cindy Ball is a great hire.  I'll be rooting for them this season.
__________________
Buck Fry
UT6

Registered:
Posts: 234
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm very interested to see James Madison this year. A team that's made plenty of appearances in the T25 in the past several years who has their defending NFCA POY back. Not sure how the recovery went but they could be a team to watch this year.
__________________
Swing hard in case you hit it
RPI_Guy

Registered:
Posts: 61
Reply with quote  #4 
More excitement for the season to start, I see that FGCU is playing Canada in a double header as well this Thursday.
ncaasoftballfan

Registered:
Posts: 105
Reply with quote  #5 
How are these teams playing games before Thursday Feb 7?
southpaw

Registered:
Posts: 160
Reply with quote  #6 
Not sure how it is possible within the rule below:


17.20.3 First Contest Date. An institution shall not play its first contest (game or scrimmages) with outside competition in softball prior to the following dates: (Revised: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05, Adopted: 4/26/07 effective 8/1/07, 1/14/08 effective 8/1/08, 1/16/10 effective 8/1/10)

(a) Nonchampionship Segment. If the institution’s first day of classes occurs on or before September 15: Sep- tember 1 or the institution’s first day of classes, whichever is later. If the institution’s first day of classes occurs after September 15: September 15.

(b) Championship Segment. The Thursday that is 14 weeks before the Thursday immediately preceding the start of the NCAA Division I Softball Championship (see Figure 17-2).

RELAX

Registered:
Posts: 461
Reply with quote  #7 
This would have to be an exhibition game, so I would guess those don't fall under the same rules.
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 3,231
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT6
I'm very interested to see James Madison this year. A team that's made plenty of appearances in the T25 in the past several years who has their defending NFCA POY back. Not sure how the recovery went but they could be a team to watch this year.


#1 in home runs per game and #2 overall last season...without Good. A schedule that appears to be strong enough to earn a top 8 seed. Yeah, definitely looking forward to seeing Good's swan song.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
AleDawg

Registered:
Posts: 634
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw
Not sure how it is possible within the rule below:


17.20.3 First Contest Date. An institution shall not play its first contest (game or scrimmages) with outside competition in softball prior to the following dates: (Revised: 1/14/97 effective 8/1/97, 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05, Adopted: 4/26/07 effective 8/1/07, 1/14/08 effective 8/1/08, 1/16/10 effective 8/1/10)

(a) Nonchampionship Segment. If the institution’s first day of classes occurs on or before September 15: Sep- tember 1 or the institution’s first day of classes, whichever is later. If the institution’s first day of classes occurs after September 15: September 15.

(b) Championship Segment. The Thursday that is 14 weeks before the Thursday immediately preceding the start of the NCAA Division I Softball Championship (see Figure 17-2).



Part (a) specifically says Sept 15. It's after Sept 15.
southpaw

Registered:
Posts: 160
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleDawg


Part (a) specifically says Sept 15. It's after Sept 15.


Except we are in the Championship Segment of the season (Part B)
AleDawg

Registered:
Posts: 634
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw


Except we are in the Championship Segment of the season (Part B)


I see.

Yeah. Not sure unless they got some type of formal exemption.

UW played a few in Australia right before Christmas. That, too, was outside of the Nonchampionship segment.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.