Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #61 
I wonder if Casey Myers now steps into the hc role when Clint retires...or is Casey not that involved in the first place?
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


Did I compare the crimes? The only reference I made was to the fact that Paterno was found guilty of knowing what Sandusky had done, while also saying that if Clint knew his son was having sex with the players he should be held accountable like Paterno was, whatever that accountability entails. What Sandusky did is absolutely worse, no one in their right mind can say it wasn't, but turning a blind eye in either situation is sickening.


Turning a blind eye to cold hard facts when there is proof that a child molester is on your staff is sick. Wanting to believe your son isn't a complete scum bag is human nature. If Clint had proof that Corey was having an affair with a player and did nothing about it, he should receive backlash, but I have seen nothing that proves that to be the case. All I have heard or seen has been the typical posters on the board that hate Auburn saying "Clint had to have known." I'm not saying Clint is innocent, but I choose to believe that he is innocent until proven guilty. If other facts come out, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong, but until then I'm not going to bury him like a lot of others are willing to do.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
I wonder if Casey Myers now steps into the hc role when Clint retires...or is Casey not that involved in the first place?


That won't happen. Casey's personality isn't head coach material. To put it nicely, there is a reason he doesn't recruit. He is a nice guy, but is a tad strange. He knows a ton about hitting, but the personality doesn't fit with building relationships with players (cue the jokes).
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
That won't happen. Casey's personality isn't head coach material. To put it nicely, there is a reason he doesn't recruit. He is a nice guy, but is a tad strange. He knows a ton about hitting, but the personality doesn't fit with building relationships with players (cue the jokes).



A tad strange?  What does that mean?
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough



A tad strange?  What does that mean?


He's just a little socially awkward guy from my interactions with him. He's the nicest of the three, but just doesn't have the personality to be a HC.
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334


On another note, I can tell you that there are many people on here that want this to be true. They are blinded by their hatred for Clint and would say and do anything to see his career ended in shame. For the record, I think Clint retires at the end of the year. He was doing this to prepare Corey to be HC, but with that out the window, I don't see him having much motivation to keep going. He's got the titles, he's built two programs, and there really isn't a whole lot left for him to do.


I guess that would be different than those who don't want to believe he knew because he has brought relevance to a program that had little, if any, prior to his arrival?

__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogsDad
I guess that would be different than those who don't want to believe he knew because he has brought relevance to a program that had little, if any, prior to his arrival?



I don't want it to be true purely because of the power differential between hc, pitching coach (and good looking guy) and players under their tutelage...major traitorous actions to the girls.  Also because the Myer's are a long time Az family from the juco ranks.  It's just distasteful all the way around and puts a bad light on them.  One more thing...why does Clint have such total control over his grown men sons?  Weird!
Gators2014

Registered:
Posts: 3,659
Reply with quote  #68 
Not that I'm a fan of Clint (LOL), but my understanding is that Clint was told by a player and had no prior knowledge. I have no direct sources, nor care enough to get them, but I trust the person who told me.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 502
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators2014
Not that I'm a fan of Clint (LOL), but my understanding is that Clint was told by a player and had no prior knowledge. I have no direct sources, nor care enough to get them, but I trust the person who told me.


But... IF it is true, and IF it happened before at ASU, then it does not matter (to me, anyway) if Clint had prior knowledge or not.  I mean if it happens to you once, and you are lucky enough to get a second chance, you MUST implement procedures to make sure that it NEVER happens again.  And if those procedures are ineffective, then you are by definition a poor leader and you do not deserve the privilege of leading a program.  No matter how many games you win. 
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogsDad


I guess that would be different than those who don't want to believe he knew because he has brought relevance to a program that had little, if any, prior to his arrival?


This is exactly why everyone from other schools is piling on instead of just finding out the truth. It's out there, but everyone would rather just pile on with innuendo and baseless rumors.

Sad.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
This is exactly why everyone from other schools is piling on instead of just finding out the truth. It's out there, but everyone would rather just pile on with innuendo and baseless rumors. Sad.
That statement implies that if you are AT Auburn, you could not care less about what may or may not have happened.

Which is what MadDogs is intimating IMO, that everyone NOT from 'other schools' would like for these nosy interlopers to put their fingers in their ears and hands over their eyes
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #72 
I was going for the part that said "he has brought relevance to a program that had little, if any, prior to his arrival?" - pretty sure if this was happening at Miss St. there wouldn't be near the outcry.
Gators2014

Registered:
Posts: 3,659
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp


But... IF it is true, and IF it happened before at ASU, then it does not matter (to me, anyway) if Clint had prior knowledge or not.  I mean if it happens to you once, and you are lucky enough to get a second chance, you MUST implement procedures to make sure that it NEVER happens again.  And if those procedures are ineffective, then you are by definition a poor leader and you do not deserve the privilege of leading a program.  No matter how many games you win. 


Agree 100%
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
I was going for the part that said "he has brought relevance to a program that had little, if any, prior to his arrival?" - pretty sure if this was happening at Miss St. there wouldn't be near the outcry.
And HE is saying (I believe) that the Auburn supporters would be silent in his defense if he had Deese's W-L results
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp


But... IF it is true, and IF it happened before at ASU, then it does not matter (to me, anyway) if Clint had prior knowledge or not.  I mean if it happens to you once, and you are lucky enough to get a second chance, you MUST implement procedures to make sure that it NEVER happens again.  And if those procedures are ineffective, then you are by definition a poor leader and you do not deserve the privilege of leading a program.  No matter how many games you win. 


To quote one of our other posters - not arguable amongst the sane.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
And HE is saying (I believe) that the Auburn supporters would be silent in his defense if had Deese's W-L results


I'm not going to disagree with that.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator


To quote one of our other posters - not arguable amongst the sane.
+2
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #78 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
I was going for the part that said "he has brought relevance to a program that had little, if any, prior to his arrival?" - pretty sure if this was happening at Miss St. there wouldn't be near the outcry.


We all see or believe what we want to. I know Nebraska football fans that will defend Tom Osborne to the death in how he handled Lawrence Phillips and know Baylor football fans that will defend Art Briles.

If I were a fan of Auburn softball, I would want to believe that Clint knew nothing of the goings on. Especially because he has brought a level of success that hadn't been seen at Auburn softball. I don't begrudge those fans for wanting to believe that, I just think it's a bit disingenuous or hypocritical to call out others as "haters" for believing he did know.

__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #79 
Don't disagree with any of that.

But it seems there are a lot of fans that AU has lapped since Clint's arrival that are on here calling for his head for something they have no idea if he knew what was going on or not.  They wouldn't care near as much if it was happening at a school that wasn't beating them or if he had Deese's W/L record.  It works both ways IMO.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #80 
Once this class graduates, it will finally be all Myers recruits. I would surmise he will stay to see how good that crew is in 2018
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
Don't disagree with any of that.

But it seems there are a lot of fans that AU has lapped since Clint's arrival that are on here calling for his head for something they have no idea if he knew what was going on or not.  They wouldn't care near as much if it was happening at a school that wasn't beating them or if he had Deese's W/L record.  It works both ways IMO.


And those same Auburn fans were calling for Walton's head the week before with pushgate. They believed Walton pushed Fagan and the Florida fans defended Walton to the end. Those Gators believed those who believed Walton actually pushed the player were ill-informed and haters.

__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #82 
Of course.

S-E-C
S-E-C
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #83 
That's an affirmative
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #84 
Let's just even it out...Walton AND Myers are both douches.  Walton for his bush league hbp sh*t and his arrogance...and Myers for being unable to maintain ethical boundaries and also arrogance.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #85 
Dr. Evo.... lol
RELAX

Registered:
Posts: 291
Reply with quote  #86 
There's a thing in the NCAA called Institutional Control. They believe that a coach is responsible for the actions of his coaching staff whether he/she has direct knowledge of wrong doing or not. If the assistant is committing recruiting violations or educational violations, they can all be fired. Now, I know none of this is against the law or under NCAA jurisdiction, but I'd definitely go with unethical. Basically, what I'm saying is that there are many times where a head coach is held accountable for what his assistants are doing regardless of whether he/she knew about it.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
Let's just even it out...Walton AND Myers are both douches.  Walton for his bush league hbp sh*t and his arrogance...and Myers for being unable to maintain ethical boundaries and also arrogance.


I would agree with this. Myers is the softball version of Nick Saban for Auburn fans. We all know he is arrogant, but when you win a lot, the fans of the school don't care. However, look at what Lane Kiffin was doing with the coeds in Tuscalossa. Saban knew about the rumors and off the field issues and kindly helped Lane find a HC job so that he was out of his hair.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #88 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
I would agree with this. Myers is the softball version of Nick Saban for Auburn fans. We all know he is arrogant, but when you win a lot, the fans of the school don't care. However, look at what Lane Kiffin was doing with the coeds in Tuscalossa. Saban knew about the rumors and off the field issues and kindly helped Lane find a HC job so that he was out of his hair.
Cmon... that is out there, comparing ANY softball's coach's standing on campus to that of a Nick Saban (or 50 other D1 football coaches)

Non...revenue...sport
BruinBlue

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
kindly helped Lane find a HC job so that he was out of his hair.


did a crappy job of helping if all he could get him was the last job on the list ... but coeds is different than players on his team ... 

[kermit-meme] 
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #90 
This whole post in a phrase.
I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.