Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 10      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
Mangler, the Narrator is an ex-spurt on this stuff............

Ex is a has-been...........A spurt is a drop of water............

You know how it goes.........Bo knows.........And, Narrator blows!


Trying to stay relevant one hateful insult at a time.  Hilarious and extremely sad at the same time.

Where is the Bible verse that says this is how you should treat people?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,523
Reply with quote  #32 
Bluewey has never read the Bible.  So he doesn't have to follow its teachings.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #33 
Here is an example of the press using FOIA to get info on a player being released from Auburn:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/woman_recants_domestic_violence_claim_factored_jovon_robinson_dismissal_auburn.html

Emails sent from the accuser, whose identity is being protected by AL.com, to Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and between Auburn's football coach and the university's Title IX coordinator were released in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

And another detailing NCAA violations:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/08/auburn_ncaa_secondary_violations_2014-15_2015-16.html

The Auburn athletic department reported 16 secondary violations in 2014-15 and 17 in 2015-16, according to records provided to AL.com in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.

Edit to add:

Here is a link to the form:  http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/684587/foia-fee-policy.pdf

.10 per page and $10 per hour.
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #34 
Or just go to Fcc.gov and follow the instructions and pay the fees for research and reproduction. Or find a news media rep and have them do it for even lower fees.
__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 823
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler
Then I wish whoever gets 'lawyer'ed up' to find dirty laundry good luck.  They'll need it and a lot of money to pay lawyers for it. Rest assured AU has plenty of both.

Auburn will use that money and those lawyers to settle as fast as possible because this is the stuff Outside the Lines is built on and Auburn don't want no part of that. 
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAnders
 
If the rumors/drama had reached a point that it was a distraction to the team how are we supposed to believe Clint didn't know beforehand?


Clint is 65 and probably doesn't pay much attention to the gossip of the girls on his team. However, even if he heard it and did question Corey about it, what is he supposed to do if Corey denied it? Again, unless there is a picture or a witness that this happened, it is all heresay and honestly firing someone without actual proof could lead to a law suit in and of itself. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire, but if you get to where the smoke is coming from and there is nothing there, there isn't a whole lot you can do. Pat Summit's son got caught for this and while there were rumors about it, it wasn't until she got pregnant with his child that there was concrete evidence of what had happened. Again, I'm not denying that Corey is a horrible person and Clint could have known about it, which brings his character into question, but this isn't a simple black and white scenario (cue the 50 Shades of Gray jokes). It is easy to assume all of the things you are all saying based on the rumors, but there are a whole host of other things that play into it.
PH2

Registered:
Posts: 298
Reply with quote  #37 
This won't be covered because the local media can't afford to allow this to affect their relationships with AU sports.  Someone like Graham Hays would have a national voice on this, but ESPN is so far up the SEC's butt that they wouldn't take this on because it wouldn't otherwise be covered like a major sport would (where they'd have no choice because everyone would be covering it).

And forget "news" sites like FloSoftball, because they rely on nothing but positive P5 coverage to fuel their membership and pay the bills.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 502
Reply with quote  #38 
Never fear - Beth Mowins will get to the bottom of this!! 
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 823
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
Clint is 65 and probably doesn't pay much attention to the gossip of the girls on his team. However, even if he heard it and did question Corey about it, what is he supposed to do if Corey denied it?

That's the kind of gossip you gotta pay attention to and you can't just take his word on it either.

Quote:
 Where there is smoke, there is usually fire, but if you get to where the smoke is coming from and there is nothing there, there isn't a whole lot you can do.

But it turned out the fire was there. 
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 502
Reply with quote  #40 
Anyone else see the article where Clint commented on the situation??  Saw it yesterday but now I can't fnd it, otherwise I would link it.  Basically he said that Corey needed more time with his family.  Then Clint went on to say that he was too old to respond to rumors.  And that was that.   Hope someone else can find the article. 
sftbll4ever

Registered:
Posts: 221
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestfp
Saw it yesterday but now I can't fnd it, otherwise I would link it.  Basically he said that Corey needed more time with his family.  Then Clint went on to say that he was too old to respond to rumors.  And that was that.   Hope someone else can find the article. 


http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Auburn-softball-team-absorbs-changes-moves-on-52129495
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
Here is an example of the press using FOIA to get info on a player being released from Auburn:


Those are for NCAA violations.
Has the NCAA notified anyone of allegations of violations on this event?
No
Has the NCAA examined this and determined it to be a violation?
No
Has the NCAA filed the penalties on this, which hasn't been brought up as a violation?
No
Is alleged improper contact between adults in that context even a violation?
(Note: Im not saying anything happened)
Hell, I don't know and don't care.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #43 
You need to learn how to read. I am challenging those that are spreading the rumors about Auburn to man up and get the information instead of just spreading rumors.

I guess it's true when you want the real info to come out you get attacked from both sides
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler


Those are for NCAA violations.
Has the NCAA notified anyone of allegations of violations on this event?
No
Has the NCAA examined this and determined it to be a violation?
No
Has the NCAA filed the penalties on this, which hasn't been brought up as a violation?
No
Is alleged improper contact between adults in that context even a violation?
(Note: Im not saying anything happened)
Hell, I don't know and don't care.


Did you ignore the first one that was a player getting kicked off of the team? Must've read right over that.
eyenoall

Registered:
Posts: 1,103
Reply with quote  #45 
No need. Don't care enough to. But hearing it from several sources makes me think there is validity to it. And other AU fans aren't exactly denying it.
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,172
Reply with quote  #46 
If it doesn't matter for someone running for POTUS, it's understandable that many won't get too excited about it coming from a college softball coach.  (Puns not intended.)

Given that I sent my DD away to college at age 17, I would have been furious at the head coach, the AD, the school, hell, everyone, if I found out something like this was going on with the team and the coach (and/or AD and/or school) was doing nothing about it.  But that's just me, I guess.

And if the allegations are true, I don't believe that Clint didn't know about it.  It's his SON.  And his daughter-in-law.  And his grandkids.  He should be livid.  If it were an unrelated coach, I'd say maybe.  But a close family member, no way.

__________________
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable," - John F. Kennedy
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
Did you ignore the first one that was a player getting kicked off of the team? Must've read right over that.


And that was involving a criminal investigation.
Haven't seen any criminal investigation on this either.
Enjoy your scavenger hunt

TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #48 
You obviously don't understand FOIA.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke
If it doesn't matter for someone running for POTUS, it's understandable that many won't get too excited about it coming from a college softball coach.  (Puns not intended.)

Given that I sent my DD away to college at age 17, I would have been furious at the head coach, the AD, the school, hell, everyone, if I found out something like this was going on with the team and the coach (and/or AD and/or school) was doing nothing about it.  But that's just me, I guess.

And if the allegations are true, I don't believe that Clint didn't know about it.  It's his SON.  And his daughter-in-law.  And his grandkids.  He should be livid.  If it were an unrelated coach, I'd say maybe.  But a close family member, no way.


So what would you do in the situation? If I have a son one day and I have known him his whole life and people are telling me that he's a terrible person that is cheating on his wife and he denies it, I'm probably going to believe him. If I don't believe him, but there is no proof, I will probably lecture him on not being a piece of trash and then tell him he needs to figure his life out. That seems to be what happened her. What I wouldn't do is publically say "Yep my son resigned because he is a miserable human being that cheated on his wife with a college girl and not only destroyed his marriage, but destroyed his kids' lives." Some people need to forget about hating Clint for a minute and remember he is a dad that is likely trying to handle this in a way that doesn't further destroy his son's and grandchildrens' lives more than they have already been destroyed.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #50 
Among the multitude of great reasons nepotism policies exist
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
You obviously don't understand FOIA.


No you dont.
Here is the official information.
Corey resigned.
Barring some official paperwork, as in criminal investigation occurs or NCAA violations is found and addressed that is the ONLY information you're free to get. 
He nor anyone else owes anyone an explanation on that.
Heres a verbatim copy of it
"I QUIT...signed Corey"
Devin22

Registered:
Posts: 708
Reply with quote  #52 
Why doesn't "Bama" hire Clint...I know Murphy has Clint at the top of the must-hire list....They need some scandals over there....
Auburn has "Fagan-gate" and "Clint-gate".....Bama needs a "gate" too....
PH2

Registered:
Posts: 298
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler


No you dont.
Here is the official information.
Corey resigned.
Barring some official paperwork, as in criminal investigation occurs or NCAA violations is found and addressed that is the ONLY information you're free to get. 
He nor anyone else owes anyone an explanation on that.
Heres a verbatim copy of it
"I QUIT...signed Corey"


If they handled it a certain way, there won't be a paper trail.  If they did a formal investigation similar to what happened at Kennesaw, then you'd have something with some detail. Right now it looks like the former is all there is and if no official source is going to investigate further, it's over.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,037
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballroberts
Thank you Mangler now maybe he will go away. I didn't even argue with him it's not worth it. Others have said Clint would have known that's crap too. I was close to my parents and if I didn't want my family to know something they didn't. The whole story will never come out is a done deal. But, we have some haters and pissed off parents of old players that just can't stand it if they can't try to stir it. All yall have a great day and Devin FYI Clint would not go to Bama.


People were all too willing to give Paterno the benefit of the doubt about the Sandusky situation until it was proved he did know about it. Don't get too comfortable in your seats yet.

And for the record, as much as I don't like AU, I don't want it to be revealed that Clint knew the whole time. In fact, I don't think anyone "wants" that, but if he did know then he deserves the same judgment his son is getting.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #55 
"Lynching" - really?
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,037
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
"Lynching" - really?


Corrected myself, Your Highness. 
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


People were all too willing to give Paterno the benefit of the doubt about the Sandusky situation until it was proved he did know about it. Don't get too comfortable in your seats yet.

And for the record, as much as I don't like AU, I don't want it to be revealed that Clint knew the whole time. In fact, I don't think anyone "wants" that, but if he did know then he deserves the same judgment his son is getting.


Are you really comparing this to the Paterno scandal? I am disgusted by Corey's actions, but I also know that there is an incredibly large difference between a coach having an affair with a player and a coach molesting little boys. What Corey did is unethical and makes him a scum bag...what Sandusky did is the sickest thing any human being could ever do. Comparing the two in any way, shape, or form is absolutely absurd.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #58 
agreed
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


People were all too willing to give Paterno the benefit of the doubt about the Sandusky situation until it was proved he did know about it. Don't get too comfortable in your seats yet.

And for the record, as much as I don't like AU, I don't want it to be revealed that Clint knew the whole time. In fact, I don't think anyone "wants" that, but if he did know then he deserves the same judgment his son is getting.


On another note, I can tell you that there are many people on here that want this to be true. They are blinded by their hatred for Clint and would say and do anything to see his career ended in shame. For the record, I think Clint retires at the end of the year. He was doing this to prepare Corey to be HC, but with that out the window, I don't see him having much motivation to keep going. He's got the titles, he's built two programs, and there really isn't a whole lot left for him to do.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,037
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
Are you really comparing this to the Paterno scandal? I am disgusted by Corey's actions, but I also know that there is an incredibly large difference between a coach having an affair with a player and a coach molesting little boys. What Corey did is unethical and makes him a scum bag...what Sandusky did is the sickest thing any human being could ever do. Comparing the two in any way, shape, or form is absolutely absurd.


Did I compare the crimes? The only reference I made was to the fact that Paterno was found guilty of knowing what Sandusky had done, while also saying that if Clint knew his son was having sex with the players he should be held accountable like Paterno was, whatever that accountability entails. What Sandusky did is absolutely worse, no one in their right mind can say it wasn't, but turning a blind eye in either situation is sickening.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.