Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 10     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #121 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker123
Is it possible that the rumors on the board aren't true?

Also, in related Auburn family coaching news Bruce Pearl has promoted his son from a Director of Ops to Assistant Coach.


Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 358
Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334


I would agree with this. Myers is the softball version of Nick Saban for Auburn fans. We all know he is arrogant, but when you win a lot, the fans of the school don't care. However, look at what Lane Kiffin was doing with the coeds in Tuscalossa. Saban knew about the rumors and off the field issues and kindly helped Lane find a HC job so that he was out of his hair.


An Improper relationship with a player is completely different than a random coed on campus (who is over 18)
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,153
Reply with quote  #123 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator


You've always had issues with him since auburn lapped your gamecocks. Haters going to hate


Didn't like him at ASU either.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,147
Reply with quote  #124 
Hard group to like. If winning is all that matters........bring 'em on board.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker123
Is it possible that the rumors on the board aren't true?

Also, in related Auburn family coaching news Bruce Pearl has promoted his son from a Director of Ops to Assistant Coach.



The rumors are far more pervasive than just on this board.

__________________

 

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #126 
Hush hush and deleting threads doesn't work in these situations.
__________________

 

Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF
Hush hush and deleting threads doesn't work in these situations.


I deleted the thread because some of the things being posted in the thread I started were flat out lies about a 20 year old girl. I'm not going to be a part of that, but feel free to post the lies here. I've said many times that I don't like Corey and am disgusted by the whole situation. Throw his name through the dirt all you want, but when it comes to a student athletes' life, that crosses the line in my opinion. If her life wasn't already in shambles, I'm sure reading the rumors on this board would do the trick.
Prowler

Registered:
Posts: 1,396
Reply with quote  #128 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334


I deleted the thread because some of the things being posted in the thread I started were flat out lies about a 20 year old girl. I'm not going to be a part of that, but feel free to post the lies here. I've said many times that I don't like Corey and am disgusted by the whole situation. Throw his name through the dirt all you want, but when it comes to a student athletes' life, that crosses the line in my opinion. If her life wasn't already in shambles, I'm sure reading the rumors on this board would do the trick.


Best antidote to lies is the truth. Can you enlighten us? The more truth is known in this situation, the better.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #129 
I don't like some of the comments about a 20 year old either, but she's not blameless of course as she is an adult and knows Corey is married with children. I know your posts on this have been fair. But I have to say, your own coach is the one who announced her "leave of absence" and said "she's seeing a doctor". The rumors are all over her own community and social media - not just this little softball board which in the scheme of things is a very small group of folks. The public comments by Clint were seen or read (and maybe misinterpreted) by hundreds of times more people than ever see this board.


__________________

 

1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
I deleted the thread because some of the things being posted in the thread I started were flat out lies about a 20 year old girl. I'm not going to be a part of that, but feel free to post the lies here. I've said many times that I don't like Corey and am disgusted by the whole situation. Throw his name through the dirt all you want, but when it comes to a student athletes' life, that crosses the line in my opinion. If her life wasn't already in shambles, I'm sure reading the rumors on this board would do the trick.



She needs to take her beatings too just like any other guilty person.  Stop trying to protect people.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler


Best antidote to lies is the truth. Can you enlighten us? The more truth is known in this situation, the better.


She is 100% not pregnant. The player that transferred had nothing to do with Corey. It was a graduate from last year that was the one from last year. People are mentioning Blair Bass' name and she has nothing to do with this. That is just a few of the absurd rumors that were in that thread that I wanted nothing to do with. I said that multiple times I didn't care if everyone trashed Corey, but that I would draw the line at lies about student athletes.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #132 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
She is 100% not pregnant. The player that transferred had nothing to do with Corey. It was a graduate from last year that was the one from last year. People are mentioning Blair Bass' name and she has nothing to do with this. That is just a few of the absurd rumors that were in that thread that I wanted nothing to do with. I said that multiple times I didn't care if everyone trashed Corey, but that I would draw the line at lies about student athletes.



I'm sure you won't mind if we roll our eyes at the notion that you could somehow know "100%" that she is not or was not pregnant. And there is credible information that she is not the first Corey has done this with. Throwing out a wrong name from the past does not change that.

The lifeblood of rumors is the hiding of the truth via lies by those involved.

__________________

 

Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



I'm sure you won't mind if we roll our eyes at the notion that you could somehow know "100%" that she is not or was not pregnant. And there is credible information that she is not the first Corey has done this with. Throwing out a wrong name from the past does not change that.

The lifeblood of rumors is the hiding of the truth via lies by those involved.


You're correct. I did not watch her take a pregnancy test, but I am close enough to the situation that I would know if that was the case. The assumption made in the thread that because she went to a doctor, that meant she was pregnant. That is the type of dumb crap I don't want to be associated with. If throwing an innocent player under the bus does not change anything for you, then you have serious issues. I hope that you have a daughter one day that complete strangers write about on a message board saying she was having an affair with a coach, which is why she transferred. As I said, you have every right to spread lies, but I don't want to have anything to do with them.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,277
Reply with quote  #134 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
You're correct. I did not watch her take a pregnancy test, but I am close enough to the situation that I would know if that was the case. The assumption made in the thread that because she went to a doctor, that meant she was pregnant. That is the type of dumb crap I don't want to be associated with. If throwing an innocent player under the bus does not change anything for you, then you have serious issues. I hope that you have a daughter one day that complete strangers write about on a message board saying she was having an affair with a coach, which is why she transferred. As I said, you have every right to spread lies, but I don't want to have anything to do with them.



I haven't said one time that she was pregnant. In fact, I posted that is was much more likely the stress and psychological impact and I also posted that it was Clint who was to blame and that his words were likely MISINTERPRETED. Further, I haven't said a name of a previous player. So be mad if you want, but don't say any lies have been in my posts because I have never said she was pregnant. How in the hell would I know that? Neither would you by the way.

__________________

 

Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



I haven't said one time that she was pregnant. In fact, I posted that is was much more likely the stress and psychological impact and I also posted that it was Clint who was to blame and that his words were likely MISINTERPRETED. Further, I haven't said a name of a previous player. So be mad if you want, but don't say any lies have been in my posts because I have never said she was pregnant. How in the hell would I know that? Neither would you by the way.


I never said it was your posts. I said it was in the thread I deleted.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,349
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
I never said it was your posts. I said it was in the thread I deleted.


After deleting a thread on this topic, I would have thought you would stay on your moral high ground and not jump right on this thread to carry on your nonsense. You are odd.

__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 823
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
 . That is the type of dumb crap I don't want to be associated with.

Sounds like your problem should be with Clint. He's the one who brought it up and is surely smart enough to know how that comment would come off. 
TideKid

Registered:
Posts: 1,986
Reply with quote  #138 
blaming posters on a message board for talking about things that are happening is not the problem. 

THE FACT THAT THERE IS SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT IS THE PROBLEM. 

take it up with Clint, Corey or Jay. hold those people who have an actual impact in what is going on accountable. 

__________________
***************
we LOVE free bases
Prowler

Registered:
Posts: 1,396
Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334


She is 100% not pregnant. The player that transferred had nothing to do with Corey. It was a graduate from last year that was the one from last year. People are mentioning Blair Bass' name and she has nothing to do with this. That is just a few of the absurd rumors that were in that thread that I wanted nothing to do with. I said that multiple times I didn't care if everyone trashed Corey, but that I would draw the line at lies about student athletes.


Clint said the player taking a leave of absence has nothing to do with the 'Corey situation.' Was he 100 percent telling the truth? Is the player who is taking a leave of absence doing so for reasons completley unrelated to this?

And, just to understand, do you believe that the head coach was absolutely unaware of what was going on with his own son and two different players? (At least two, from what I understand.)
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 358
Reply with quote  #140 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334


She is 100% not pregnant. The player that transferred had nothing to do with Corey. It was a graduate from last year that was the one from last year. People are mentioning Blair Bass' name and she has nothing to do with this. That is just a few of the absurd rumors that were in that thread that I wanted nothing to do with. I said that multiple times I didn't care if everyone trashed Corey, but that I would draw the line at lies about student athletes.


So Corey had an affair last year with a player that has now graduated, was "disciplined" in the fall, but Clint did not dismiss him from the coaching staff and now it happened again this season with a different player. I guess the AD at ASU was wise to not allow Clint to add his kids to his coaching staff...
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #141 
While this "cloud" has followed the Myers clan from AZ, curious to know if it has affected recruiting at all? Especially recently. Any talk of current verbals who have de-committed? The 2017s have already signed. Be interesting to see if any ask for release. Also, 2018-2019 future classes have some decisions to make.
This would be a very telling sign for sure.
kazoo

Registered:
Posts: 123
Reply with quote  #142 
The alabama media is not exactly courageous when it comes to reporting on scandals at au and bama. In fact, just the opposite. They're scared of pissing
off the athletic department and then not getting access and so become complicit in the coverup. A reporter(s) could get and report the facts if they were aggressive about it. Messing with players--it's skeazy. 

__________________
vance law
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #143 
Internal athletic department communications are available.

People would rather speculate.
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
Internal athletic department communications are available. People would rather speculate.


Good luck with your quest Columbo
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-B3-B9fpiJps/VlJOXn5pbJI/AAAAAAAABOM/NM8dx-uPYDM/s1600/columbo-quote-one-more-thing.jpg
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #145 
It's not my quest - just saying the info is out there. 

But by all means, keep posting idiotic meme's.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,496
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
It's not my quest - just saying the info is out there. 

But by all means, keep posting idiotic meme's.



I will suggest that people don't necessarily want or need to know the specific details, but what people DO want is for the respective athletic departments and coaches to be honest and upfront as they are providing examples for the kids to follow in life...and yes, people speculate, it's what people do.

Had Myers said f off, it's none of your business, it's an internal matter, then people would say ok, I can respect that position and move on with their day.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 358
Reply with quote  #147 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
Internal athletic department communications are available. People would rather speculate.


Are we positive the Auburn AD has been involved in the discussions?  The rumor I have heard is that a couple of seniors went to Clint and told him that either Corey was gone or they were.  Corey decided to resign vs. being forced out after the players went public with why they left the team.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #148 
Some of you are missing my point - All I am saying is that if ANY emails were sent on this subject within the Auburn athletic department, they should be available via a FOIA request.  I have a hard time believing that if he was investigated and suspended in the fall, and then had players go to HCCM in the spring, that not a single email was sent to the sport supervisor or there were no correspondence between the supervisor and the AD.  That's all I am saying.

I don't need to see them to know he should be gone if what is being said here is true. 
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #149 
So you are thinking the AD didn't ask Clint why his son was resigning from his $100,000 a year job?
__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,560
Reply with quote  #150 
I am saying that he more than likely did and there was some email correspondence about it by someone in the department.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.