Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 9     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,477
Reply with quote  #121 
Just to the intolerant, myopic fringe right. Can't stop school violence with laws, so assume teachers are going to be braver than a career Sheriff's deputy. Yeah, that's going to happen. Get rid of the killer's tools. Then you don't have to worry about reacting.....take action. I would have thought Texans would appreciate that.
__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,242
Reply with quote  #122 
Come get 'em freshyturd, bring dewy and kazoo with you.  You'll be treated very well
__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,312
Reply with quote  #123 
Here is a read about corruption in the Broward Sheriff’s office and school board. Chronicles their procedure of hiding crimes by teens to pump their stats for grants. The cops assigned to be SROs are the same ones hiding the crime stats since they “know” their kids.
The guy that “retired”, Peterson, was pulling down over $100k a year.

https://twitter.com/thelastrefuge2/status/966854507744374784

__________________
#SCOTUS

woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,210
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Just to the intolerant, myopic fringe right. Can't stop school violence with laws, so assume teachers are going to be braver than a career Sheriff's deputy. Yeah, that's going to happen. Get rid of the killer's tools. Then you don't have to worry about reacting.....take action. I would have thought Texans would appreciate that.


I can only assume that a person trained in mass shooting, high casualty events being on campus would be a plus. Would you deny that?

__________________
Jane you ignorant slut. Keep your booger hook of the bang switch, you stupid Socialist. 

Beer me Hippie. I feel more like I do now, than when I first got here.
woody

Registered:
Posts: 10,210
Reply with quote  #125 
See Jane, this is how debate works. You actually have to defend your statements.
__________________
Jane you ignorant slut. Keep your booger hook of the bang switch, you stupid Socialist. 

Beer me Hippie. I feel more like I do now, than when I first got here.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,242
Reply with quote  #126 
Without pay, resigned/retired

"Took up position and he never went in."  Sounds like the cowardly three stooges freshyturd, duaineturd and kazooturd

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
bhblue

Registered:
Posts: 2,161
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Come get 'em freshyturd, bring dewy and kazoo with you.  You'll be treated very well


Come on and get mine after you get kir's. It's not that far. I seriously doubt you make it past him to me though. Matter of fact, I doubt you have the nads/ovaries to close your laptop and head this way. You won't be talking us out of our guns though. Not sure you realize that.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 5,609
Reply with quote  #128 
Ain't that the truth. All the lib salty tears are amusing. No one is giving up their 2A or their guns. Can't have them. If you come for them, you will find trouble.
__________________


Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President.

CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 628
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


Your use of march makes it sound so ominous. I'm saying, pass laws that limit possession of certain, unnecessary, firearms. Getting to play Army for you Rambo wannabe's, while our children are being slaughtered, is not a good enough reason. The founding fathers, in their wisdom, allowed for changes to the constitution to allow for changing times. Like people that have muskets probably can't write sensible laws governing automatic and semiautomatic firearms. You may have the right to certain weapons, but not any weapons, as shown by the banning of automatic firearms. If a law can be written limiting automatic, why not semiautomatic? There is nothing Communistic about passing laws to cover the behavior of nuts. 

You would show your patriotism by firing on a government employee that came to take your AR-15? Really?


We have the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments being violated in your scenario.  Should the government come to confiscate anythings, they would no longer be my government.  Instead they would be representing your Communist State.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,242
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhblue


Come on and get mine after you get kir's. It's not that far. I seriously doubt you make it past him to me though. Matter of fact, I doubt you have the nads/ovaries to close your laptop and head this way. You won't be talking us out of our guns though. Not sure you realize that.


I don't even have an AR, just a .308, a 6mm, a 40, a 9mm, a couple of Mossbergs. I'll be your Huckleberry. So kazoo wants the pistols and freshyturd wants the semi-auto rifles, bring enough cash, I'd sell them to you, I've got an uncle that's an arms dealer, retired cop. I know where to get more

I'm a lightweight, I'd let him ring my doorbell

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,242
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Ain't that the truth. All the lib salty tears are amusing. No one is giving up their 2A or their guns. Can't have them. If you come for them, you will find trouble.


No one will be taking anyone's guns that are already in possession unless someone has broken a law

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,753
Reply with quote  #132 

Fresh remains dumbfounded by my assertions and asked:

Quote:
I read what you put down. I, for the life of me, can't understand the defiance in you about giving up semi-automatic weapons that are killing our children. It's the weapon of choice. The law doesn't affect crazies, we must remove their tools. I do not for a minute think this sick individual would have driven a car into a crowd of his fellow students. It's the pop. The image of himself with that gun in his hand that drives him. He must see the victim hit. 

How many times have you used your guns to protect yourself? Not pulled one out in case, actually pulled it out, ready to use, because somebody was physically threatening you. I would believe your answer.


Glad you are still reading. Unsure why, but I'll comment on your statements, rebutting their validity and answer your questions.

I believe in choice. Am unhappy when the collective hampers my choices. More unhappy when it tramples on a Constitutional right. Again, no reason to debate about militia versus personal ownership of firearms. SCOTUS has already ruled. Claiming it is invalid because it was a 'right wing' body is akin to those that claim Roe v. Wade should be struck down because the court was skewed politically. That is the way things work.

"Weapon of choice." Today. As I have repeatedly stated, it has been other means of shocking our nation in the past. This is the latest. Don't wish to be crass, but this too will pass. Always does. I have a firm belief in the goodness of mankind in great scope. No so much in some individuals. There will always be kooks, despots and killers. Their method of choice changes. Knee jerk changes to fundamental aspects of American culture are not needed. As many have pointed out, shine a bright light on those amongst us that might wish to harm society.

As a people, we are in a transition. From times where a person was persecuted for behavior that is now considered acceptable. Like being left-handed. Ha! Where did you think I was going with that? Of course, all else in the spectrum of human behavior is open to a new view. That which garnered finger pointing has become comfortable in some sections of society. It's a good thing, but a price is being paid.

Comfort levels for some is being challenged. Result, sweeping laws that allow people who are out of society's boundaries possible free reign to muck up the works. We The People must find a way to allow differences to be accepted without allowing abhorrent behavior to build without check. Difficult. Chucking guns is not the answer.

I'm not willing to throw out more guns to suit your immediate need. Again, when pressed, our nation secured our airline industry. Schools should be given the same consideration. Banning a particular rifle isn't the answer. Exacting application of all levels needed to keep a segment of our society safe is in order. If that is truly your intention. As has been mentioned, our elected officials get that perk. Why only them?

You have made some leaps of evaluation on the mindset of this individual that I cannot. Feel I know teens and young adults very well. Work with them every day. Motivations are diverse, as are the directions of those with a warped-mind follow. Limiting one aspect of how a deranged person will deliver tragedy on society is not an answer. Not even a temporary one. But that's just my opinion. Bears out statistically and historically, but again, some anti-gun folks won't listen.

Regarding your directed questions, I have not used my recent firearm purchases to protect myself or family in any direct or indirect fashion. Before I married, raised a child and chose to reside peacefully behind a picket fence in suburbia, my life was entirely different. If you want to know specifics, email me.

Bill Smith
nuggetsoftball@aol.com


__________________
Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
BillSmith

Registered:
Posts: 6,753
Reply with quote  #133 

Some of you have watched too many Clint Eastwood movies.

As your Big Toe, am advising y'all to, "Lighten up, Francis."

All the from my cold dead hands is a bit over the top. And to this point,

Quote:
"No one will be taking anyone's guns that are already in possession unless someone has broken a law"


California is doing that by changing laws. No grandfathering, just gun grabbing. The AR platform has been the target. For now.

 


__________________
Sometimes you are the mole, sometimes the mushroom.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 27,242
Reply with quote  #134 
Dear Big Toe,

It just won't happen in Texas, not while you or I are alive, but carry on.  I stopped short of cold dead hands for a reason, I have many many places to store guns and I won't have to die.

P.S.

You need a pedicure

__________________
"Getting your motor revved about taking our guns is going to be what undoes your efforts."

"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,477
Reply with quote  #135 
Have to go to practice. Will have more later. You don't have to trample on 2nd amendment rights to ban certain types of firearms. Automatics are banned and I assume that whatever procedure was employed there would apply equally as well to semis. Wouldn't require a new amendment. Which. by the way, would never happen. Requires 2/3 vote in both houses and then ratification by 38? states. 32 are currently under control of the pubes. trump plays on the fears of the uneducated again. What else is new.
__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,312
Reply with quote  #136 
Libs will believe anyone about anything as long as it fits their agenda. Rock their boat and they unleash the hounds. Just like Hillary with all the women Bill raped,. Had he been anti Trump you guys would be massaging his sack.
__________________
#SCOTUS

BAMASportzLuvr

Registered:
Posts: 361
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Ha Ha ha. Story on teen who claimed he got scripted question for CNN townhall was bogus. His dad Glenn apparently doctored email he had from CNN (placed email in Word and removed some words) to try and make it read like CNN wrote the question, but they did not.

Note: I listened to the son and son never really said anything untrue, so not on kid. It was all on the dad and drumpf. Of course drumpf tweeted about it. Reporters caught on because email was sent in Word (what an idiot) and had metadata showing editing. 


http://thehill.com/homenews/media/375401-cnn-releases-emails-to-push-back-on-claim-about-scripted-town-hall-question



You, Stale (Fresh) and the others in your fifedom are, and I cannot be too far off, are 1/2 full of manure, 1/4 of vomit and the other quarter would have you snug right up against Soros' anus. Even if you leftist posters lived marginally up to your posts, I would have your carcasses lining my foxhole, so that you would be the first to absorb the munitions fired my way by the haters of America, as they advance on our land. You do not give one damn about America's Constitution or what the founding fathers dedicated themselves for the growth and protection of America. You, in simplistic terms, are not worthy.of living here, while some of you should have an immediate dirt nap.

$10 says you'd shield your rotten ass self with your spouse and/or children when conflict comes your way. Wusses are simply.... vags.

__________________
At UA we know you are not going to beat us, we ONLY beat ourselves. And that is seldom! Know what is wrong with the human population? PEOPLE
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 628
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Ha Ha ha. Story on teen who claimed he got scripted question for CNN townhall was bogus. His dad Glenn apparently doctored email he had from CNN (placed email in Word and removed some words) to try and make it read like CNN wrote the question, but they did not.

Note: I listened to the son and son never really said anything untrue, so not on kid. It was all on the dad and drumpf. Of course drumpf tweeted about it. Reporters caught on because email was sent in Word (what an idiot) and had metadata showing editing. 


http://thehill.com/homenews/media/375401-cnn-releases-emails-to-push-back-on-claim-about-scripted-town-hall-question




You do know that others who participated are now saying that they were given scripts.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,642
Reply with quote  #139 
So, Terp, you don't know about other kids being given scripts?
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,138
Reply with quote  #140 
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-cnn-town-hall-guns-kass-0225-story.html


CNN’s town hall political takedown of the Bill of Rights and the Second Amendment — in response to the tragic murders at a Florida school — has been wrongly described by some conservatives as an Orwellian Two Minutes Hate.

So, those who called it CNN’s Two Minutes Hate should publicly admit how wrong they were.

Because it went on for much longer than two minutes, didn’t it?

It went on and on and on, and from the earliest moments it became clear that this wasn’t a reasonable discussion about complicated policy and the Bill of Rights.


This was all about confrontation, drama, and exhorting a crowd that wants politicians to “do something” about guns. And so, the CNN many minutes of Second Amendment hate was nothing more than a campaign rally for the Democratic Party.

Others might say otherwise, but it wouldn’t be the first time others would be wrong. This was about stoking politics, anger, frustration and fear, and weaponizing it to help Democrats “do something” to the Constitution.

A student likened Sen. Marco Rubio, the Florida Republican, to mass murder suspect Nikolas Cruz for accepting campaign donations from the National Rifle Association. The crowd jeered at Rubio. He looked like a trapped forest creature. And they loved it.

And another star of the show was Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel, in full uniform.

 

Israel is a politician, a Democrat who runs for election, and he received a roar from the crowd when he lashed out at NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch.

What bothered him was the NRA bringing up the aggravating fact that there had been repeated and well-documented failures of law enforcement — from the FBI to the locals — that could have stopped Cruz.

“You just told this group of people that you’re standing up for them,” he said. “You are not standing up for them until you say, ‘I want less weapons.’”

The crowd cheered.

“You will get this done,” Sheriff Israel told them. “Vote in people who feel the same way you do.”

They cheered some more.

What the public didn’t know at the time of Israel’s speechifying was that on the day of the shooting, a Broward deputy sheriff was stationed at the school.

When the shooting began, Israel’s armed deputy hid outside in safety and remained there.

But if the good sheriff — a political cat — had explained that business about his frightened deputy, he’d have ruined the show. So he kept his mouth shut.

The CNN event was compelling TV. But raw emotion is always compelling on the screen.

What TV can’t handle is context, or complicated, layered arguments. And explaining how policy works its way through a republic, and how the system is designed to restrain passion, to diffuse it — all that is death to TV.

Irritated TV news executives would roll their eyes and sigh, and mouth the word “boring” if asked to spend equal time explaining to civics-deprived Americans how their republic was set up years ago.

It was set up to restrain the passions of its people, and was made inefficient by design in order to protect individual liberty.

Our system wasn’t designed to “do something” quickly. But those who won’t “do something” quickly with the Second Amendment are cast as agents of evil in all this.

TV isn’t about restraint. It’s all about the immediate. It’s all about passion, and emotion and drama and anger and frustration, and tears, because that is what TV does well, selling it all, triggering it all, tears especially, and selling some more.

TV does this all exceedingly well with dramatic serial fiction, and through sports like the Winter Olympics, and that CNN event.

The grief of the survivors is legitimate. What could be more legitimately emotional than a gathering of students and their parents after 17 people were shot down by a madman with an AR-15 rifle?

If you weren’t moved by the parents and the students and their fear and anger, then you don’t have a heart. As a parent, I was certainly moved. And if you weren’t, then I’m sorry for you.

But the heart doesn’t make policy. And speaking from the heart alone isn’t the wisest thing to do when moving quickly to “do something” to the Bill of Rights.

There are things that can be done, including hardening the soft targets of suburban schools and using state legislative measures, including temporary Gun Violence Restraining Orders to take guns away from threats like Nikolas Cruz. Yet even that takes time.

As far as TV goes, CNN’s many minutes of hate on the Second Amendment was dramatic. It pushed the right Democratic political buttons. But it will also echo throughout the red states, and Democratic officeholders in those states may face blowback at the polls.

A day after the CNN event, an amazing thing happened. The news broke about how that armed deputy stationed at the school had failed to act, and Sheriff Israel had to say something.

“I’m devastated. Sick to my stomach. There are no words,” he said of the deputy who avoided danger that day. “These families lost their children. We lost coaches. I’ve been to the funerals. … It’s just — there are no words.”

No words, sir? No words?

Of course not. Yet you had plenty of words at that CNN event, where you played the demagogue in front of a crowd of grieving Americans.

The framers of the Constitution were worried about people just like you. It’s why the Bill of Rights is there


__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 10,749
Reply with quote  #141 
Banning normal hunting rifles is not going to fly, kids or no kids, script or no script. 
AR-15 is completely identical to normal hunting rifles.

The CNN show looked scripted from the get go to the end.  Political theater.  The reason the accusation sticks is most people see it as political theater.   Why not have an honest debate on the gun situation?  Not a stacked crowd, clearly one sided presentation.

__________________
Originally Posted by Fresh
"before the election a d Iowa sId hi.self that there was nothing to it"
WTF?
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,642
Reply with quote  #142 
A novel idea.......Hold the sheriff responsible for his lack of protecting the kids at school.............

The sheriff should have told the kids that he should never have been elected because he's incompetent............
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,138
Reply with quote  #143 
More exposure on just how large a failure by law enforcement. This kid had more flags then an old school Raiders football game.


https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-told-fbi-florida-shooting-suspect-going-explode-221010725--politics.html


Caller told FBI Florida shooting suspect 'going to explode'

 SADIE GURMAN,Associated Press

 
FBI official on missed Florida tip: "There was a mistake made"
 
 
 

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,477
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25


You do know that others who participated are now saying that they were given scripts.  


I do not know this. Please point me to the news story.

__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 3,138
Reply with quote  #145 
He retires with full benefits.......



http://abcnews.go.com/US/armed-deputy-stop-shooter-employee-month/story?id=53302433



Armed deputy who did 'nothing' to stop suspect was former employee of the month


Peterson was named Parkland district employee of the month in May 2012 and was recognized as school resource officer of the year in 2014.

Peterson "takes pride in protecting the students, faculty and staff at his school. Deputy Peterson is dependable and reliable and handles issues that arise with tact and solid judgment," according to one evaluation.


__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,477
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_1
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/kass/ct-met-cnn-town-hall-guns-kass-0225-story.html


C



Opinion piece, not proof. I sensed the questions were prepared. Duh. Probably explains why they were reading them. I believe the questioners started with a premise and an adult helped with wording. While CNN was working with a decidedly left leaning audience, I have no reason to believe CNN actually wrote the questions.

__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

BAMASportzLuvr

Registered:
Posts: 361
Reply with quote  #147 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Opinion piece, not proof. I sensed the questions were prepared. Duh. Probably explains why they were reading them. I believe the questioners started with a premise and an adult helped with wording. While CNN was working with a decidedly left leaning audience, I have no reason to believe CNN actually wrote the questions.


 "I have no reason" That is just it, you have NO reasoning.

__________________
At UA we know you are not going to beat us, we ONLY beat ourselves. And that is seldom! Know what is wrong with the human population? PEOPLE
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 10,749
Reply with quote  #148 
Did you even watch it?  It was obvious slanted political theatre at it's worse. I know you think everyone is buying it, they are not.
__________________
Originally Posted by Fresh
"before the election a d Iowa sId hi.self that there was nothing to it"
WTF?
BAMASportzLuvr

Registered:
Posts: 361
Reply with quote  #149 
Dumbocrats STILL biatching that their female Hitler, Hitlary and her minions, so shockingly lost/threw the election away. If some mules who constantly post on here were her top political advisers, she'd be shared among many an Islamist thugoid.
__________________
At UA we know you are not going to beat us, we ONLY beat ourselves. And that is seldom! Know what is wrong with the human population? PEOPLE
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 10,749
Reply with quote  #150 
muh gun debate

[4DXPy9u] 

__________________
Originally Posted by Fresh
"before the election a d Iowa sId hi.self that there was nothing to it"
WTF?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.