Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
tmz

Registered:
Posts: 39
Reply with quote  #1 
After all the news from the recent events regarding Auburn Softball, now the father is accusing the AD as giving "whistle-blower" treatment to his daughter.

OMFG Alan,

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/father_of_former_auburn_softbal.html#incart_river_index

With all the softball wealth on the board lets revisit the real reason she was not asked back to the team and watch Alan try to twist and over blow the truth.

1. She's a walk on pitcher that didn't throw a single meaningful pitch all year. (Check her stats) oh there are none.

2. Auburn has 5 pitchers on scholarship entering the 2018 season.

3. And most important; She walked into her end of the 2017 season exit meeting with a drafted contract in hand and presented the contract to the Head Coach, not to mention a Hall of Fame Head Coach, stating that moving forward the Head Coach would treat her differently than everyone else on the team.

Myers restraint should of been commended in this exit interview for not throwing her out of his office right then and there. What coach needs or wants that headache back?

I understand, when she tells the reporter she was not asked back for the 2018 season. Please someone name a coach that would not of done the same to a player of her caliber, or if you've ever herd of a player handing a coach a contract to sign in the exit interview process.

Alan, Post the contract or at least make up a new one, that over states the real issue, her "special" needs are not needed anymore.
Not2day

Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz
After all the news from the recent events regarding Auburn Softball, now the father is accusing the AD as giving "whistle-blower" treatment to his daughter.

OMFG Alan,

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/09/father_of_former_auburn_softbal.html#incart_river_index

With all the softball wealth on the board lets revisit the real reason she was not asked back to the team and watch Alan try to twist and over blow the truth.

1. She's a walk on pitcher that didn't throw a single meaningful pitch all year. (Check her stats) oh there are none.

2. Auburn has 5 pitchers on scholarship entering the 2018 season.

3. And most important; She walked into her end of the 2017 season exit meeting with a drafted contract in hand and presented the contract to the Head Coach, not to mention a Hall of Fame Head Coach, stating that moving forward the Head Coach would treat her differently than everyone else on the team.

Myers restraint should of been commended in this exit interview for not throwing her out of his office right then and there. What coach needs or wants that headache back?

I understand, when she tells the reporter she was not asked back for the 2018 season. Please someone name a coach that would not of done the same to a player of her caliber, or if you've ever herd of a player handing a coach a contract to sign in the exit interview process.

Alan, Post the contract or at least make up a new one, that over states the real issue, her "special" needs are not needed anymore.


Based upon the article and situation, the fact that Myers released her is irrelevant. There will / should be a new staff in place for the upcoming season. "If" they offer tryouts, there's no reason she shouldn't be given an equal opportunity to re-tryout for team. She has no standing to be reinstated unless her release was retaliatory in nature. Should she not make the team, it was based upon a new staffs decision.
tmz

Registered:
Posts: 39
Reply with quote  #3 
Well said. But at least we all know the end game. Princess got cut, for good reason and now wants to be reinstated. So pile on the truths and others complaints, trump up the laughable charge that she didn't play because she didn't sleep with Cory Myers. He was too busy with all his other woman anyway. Get the coaching staff fired so she can tryout for a new staff, while petitioning to be reinstated.
Not2day

Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz
Well said. But at least we all know the end game. Princess got cut, for good reason and now wants to be reinstated. So pile on the truths and others complaints, trump up the laughable charge that she didn't play because she didn't sleep with Cory Myers. He was too busy with all his other woman anyway. Get the coaching staff fired so she can tryout for a new staff, while petitioning to be reinstated.

Not to burst your bubble, but unless you were personally involved, you don't know the "end game". You seem extremely invested in slandering this young lady for speaking up on the behalf and welfare of her teammates. As a walk-on, there's truly nothing to reinstate. She didn't lose a scholarship, she was released. Again, unless you have personal knowledge of senior Myers and his thinking / reationale for releasing / cutting her, it would behoove you to dial back your contentment for this young lady. You're calling her a liar with no direct involvement in the situation she was in on a daily basis with her teammates and coaches. That's slander.
At some point, the truth and those involved will come out. Save your condemnation until the facts are fully known.
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,135
Reply with quote  #5 
This thread sucks.
__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
tmz

Registered:
Posts: 39
Reply with quote  #6 
Don't hate the messenger, and read my other post. I commend the kid for jumping on just not streatching the truth, for an agenda.

Hey Early let's talk about Trump. Dork.
WentyardAU

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not2day
Not to burst your bubble, but unless you were personally involved, you don't know the "end game". You seem extremely invested in slandering this young lady for speaking up on the behalf and welfare of her teammates. As a walk-on, there's truly nothing to reinstate. She didn't lose a scholarship, she was released. Again, unless you have personal knowledge of senior Myers and his thinking / reationale for releasing / cutting her, it would behoove you to dial back your contentment for this young lady. You're calling her a liar with no direct involvement in the situation she was in on a daily basis with her teammates and coaches. That's slander. At some point, the truth and those involved will come out. Save your condemnation until the facts are fully known.


The problem is that many of you think that this complaint, filed in the campus Title IX enforcement office, is about the young lady being sexually harassed.  That was the espn headline after all.  In fact, she has now stated publicly that she was not sexually harassed in any manner.  Therefore, her complaints are about how she was coached and the fact that she was not invited to walk on for the upcoming season.  That isn't conjecture or anything else, that is just a fact.

Nobody would print a story about a player that was upset that things didn't work out like she had dreamed they would. However, throw in the words "Title IX" and an accusation of a cover up of someone else being harassed and bam it gets covered.

__________________
Brad Gibson
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,037
Reply with quote  #8 

If this is true....


http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1295312528&postcount=7&forum=10114

 

3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,037
Reply with quote  #9 

If this is true....

http://robocoach.websitetoolbox.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1295312528&postcount=7&forum=10114

 

SmileyAnders

Registered:
Posts: 818
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


Nobody would print a story about a player that was upset that things didn't work out like she had dreamed they would. However, throw in the words "Title IX" and an accusation of a cover up of someone else being harassed and bam it gets covered.

You say that as if the second sentence has been concocted out of thin air. People can try to criticize Nemeth as a player but when the sh!t hits the fan they'll be far fewer questions about how hard she was throwing in BP vs. Corey's extra-marital activities. 
TxProud

Registered:
Posts: 40
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


The problem is that many of you think that this complaint, filed in the campus Title IX enforcement office, is about the young lady being sexually harassed.  That was the espn headline after all.  In fact, she has now stated publicly that she was not sexually harassed in any manner.  Therefore, her complaints are about how she was coached and the fact that she was not invited to walk on for the upcoming season.  That isn't conjecture or anything else, that is just a fact.

Nobody would print a story about a player that was upset that things didn't work out like she had dreamed they would. However, throw in the words "Title IX" and an accusation of a cover up of someone else being harassed and bam it gets covered.


You don't release the program's top TWO coaches on an "accusation of a cover up". There is obviously more to this story than what you are trying to peddle here.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,460
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxProud
You don't release th program's top TWO coaches on an "accusation of a cover up". There is obviously more to this story than what you are trying to peddle here.



Exactly!  None of us heard a damn thing about any walk-on and her treatment prior to the complaint being filed.  We did, however, hear about douchenozzle Corey Myers banging players...so stop the bs.

Clint would rather retire than stand up for what's right and say publicly that his son is a douchenozzle.  That, to me, says volumes about him as a man, and as a father with misdirected loyalty.
WentyardAU

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough



Exactly!  None of us heard a damn thing about any walk-on and her treatment prior to the complaint being filed.  We did, however, hear about douchenozzle Corey Myers banging players...so stop the bs.

Clint would rather retire than stand up for what's right and say publicly that his son is a douchenozzle.  That, to me, says volumes about him as a man, and as a father with misdirected loyalty.


You didn't hear anything about a walk on and her treatment until she filed a complaint that is 75% focused on her lack of playing time and dislike of the coaching methods used.  She claims that other members of the team were harassed but does not claim that she herself was ever harassed in the same manner.  You don't have to believe me, but that is simple fact.  You can read and accept any headline you want, but the truth is simple to find. 

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2017/08/who-knew-what-when-players-met-with-athletics-administrators-for-relief

Five paragraph sentences from the bottom of the article reads "Nemeth, a former Auburn High School MVP who was invited to walk on in the summer by Corey Myers after attending a camp where he was coaching, said she was never sexually harassed by Corey Myers."

Its really insulting to these young women that some of you assume that they have all been damaged in some way due to the actions of one student athlete and one assistant coach.  Would you assume the same if the genders were reversed and a female assistant coach was dismissed for having an inappropriate relationship with a male student athlete? We all know the answer to that is no.



__________________
Brad Gibson
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 803
Reply with quote  #14 
Hey brad, you were doing just fine until the last paragraph, which was a nuclear reach at very least. Come on man.
WentyardAU

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxProud
You don't release the program's top TWO coaches on an "accusation of a cover up". There is obviously more to this story than what you are trying to peddle here.


You release Core Myers due to having evidence of an inappropriate relationship with a student athlete. That student athlete is not the student athlete filing a Title IX complaint.

Clint Myers chose to retire rather than deal with the situation.  We can only make an educated guess that he knew that he would be forced to defend his program and that by doing so he would be forced to further expose his son's inappropriate behavior.  He chose retirement.

__________________
Brad Gibson
WentyardAU

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Hey brad, you were doing just fine until the last paragraph, which was a nuclear reach at very least. Come on man.


The funny thing is that the last paragraph was a point made to me by a female student athlete.

__________________
Brad Gibson
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,135
Reply with quote  #17 
Uh huh.
__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 803
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


The funny thing is that the last paragraph was a point made to me by a female student athlete.


Not a member of the Auburn program I presume? Interesting take nonetheless.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,460
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


You didn't hear anything about a walk on and her treatment until she filed a complaint that is 75% focused on her lack of playing time and dislike of the coaching methods used.  She claims that other members of the team were harassed but does not claim that she herself was ever harassed in the same manner.  You don't have to believe me, but that is simple fact.  You can read and accept any headline you want, but the truth is simple to find. 

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2017/08/who-knew-what-when-players-met-with-athletics-administrators-for-relief

Five paragraph sentences from the bottom of the article reads "Nemeth, a former Auburn High School MVP who was invited to walk on in the summer by Corey Myers after attending a camp where he was coaching, said she was never sexually harassed by Corey Myers."

Its really insulting to these young women that some of you assume that they have all been damaged in some way due to the actions of one student athlete and one assistant coach.  Would you assume the same if the genders were reversed and a female assistant coach was dismissed for having an inappropriate relationship with a male student athlete? We all know the answer to that is no.




I dont think any student athlete is ever really damaged in relation to how non privileged people get damaged.
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 98
Reply with quote  #20 
Piss on the Myers. If she is still in school let her try out for the new head coach
Perhaps have her talk to Candrea.
sportz_fanz

Registered:
Posts: 428
Reply with quote  #21 


Yup. Wagner is married to former ASU player (while he was one of the coaches) Caylyn Carson - they have 2 kids in addition to his older kids.

Lots of noise/smoke regarding Corey having inappropriate relations with student athletes during his time at ASU. Then, Nicholson was let go due to inappropriate relations with ASU student athletes. Of course the public statement was that Nicholson left to spend more time with his family; just like Corey and Clint.

The Wagner and Corey incidents happened under Clint's watch and he was very well aware of what was going on. If he gets the credit for those championships, then he should get the blame for what happened with Wagner and Corey.

musftblfan

Registered:
Posts: 1,168
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportz_fanz


Yup. Wagner is married to former ASU player (while he was one of the coaches) Caylyn Carson - they have 2 kids in addition to his older kids.

If he gets the credit for those championships, then he should get the blame for what happened with Wagner and Corey.



I totally agree with you. But L*rd does this whole situation keep opening up cans of worms as far as consent/sexual relations conversations go. By this standard should Ralph Weekly be creepy (or worse) for marrying his former player? Is the Caylyn Carlson situation something we should be concerned or upset about? If after all it's something Clint should be "blamed" for.

Keep in mind I totally think the Myers game is totally scummy in this situation.

__________________
live in Brooklyn, NY, raised in St. Louis. not a lot of people know I like softball this much..... 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,135
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by musftblfan
I totally agree with you. But L*rd does this whole situation keep opening up cans of worms as far as consent/sexual relations conversations go. By this standard should Ralph Weekly be creepy (or worse) for marrying his former player? Is the Caylyn Carlson situation something we should be concerned or upset about? If after all it's something Clint should be "blamed" for. Keep in mind I totally think the Myers game is totally scummy in this situation.


Of course Ralph is tainted. And it has already been said in these threads, there is no 'consent' when it is a player and a coach. None.
No we shouldn't be 'upset'. No need for drama. A coach who has a sexual relationship with a player needs to get fired and barred from further employment in the business. Those who cover it up need to get fired and barred from further employment in the business.
It's interesting watching some of the posters on this board work hard at changing the conversation. They want to parse 'lawsuit' vs. 'complaint', as if that is the defining issue. Changing the conversation is a tried and true move, but pretending that you aren't doing it is stupid.
It leaves me wondering, what is their angle. Did they not have a kid who played college ball? Are they corey and his family trying to put this fire out? It is really odd to me.

__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
BAMASportzLuvr

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #24 
To the "op" you asked for a commendation on Myers, here is mine. This relates to what I know of and about the man. Speaking in generalities he is to be commended for being a rogue disguised as a man - period. If you are totally consumed by the "truth", he might have been operating within legal boundaries. However, if you care about the total of the person, you must give a fail to his humankind. Oh, and do not confuse my handle as being blinded by my U of A relationship.
__________________
At UA we know you are not going to beat us, we ONLY beat ourselves. And that is seldom! Know what is wrong with the human population? PEOPLE
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #25 
The fact that Nemeth filed the lawsuit is irrelevant.  What is relevant is what Corey Meyers did and what the administration at Auburn didn't do and did do about the situation. More than one girl was pulled in by the Corey Meyers influence. He crossed the line big time and you can't tell me Clint didn't know it. They needed some father to come up there and whip their a##es first and then file the harassment suit. Clint Meyers (sp?) is not to be commended but quite the contrary.
WentyardAU

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
The fact that Nemeth filed the lawsuit is irrelevant.  What is relevant is what Corey Meyers did and what the administration at Auburn didn't do and did do about the situation. More than one girl was pulled in by the Corey Meyers influence. He crossed the line big time and you can't tell me Clint didn't know it. They needed some father to come up there and whip their a##es first and then file the harassment suit. Clint Meyers (sp?) is not to be commended but quite the contrary.


Do you realize that to this day there has been no evidence and no admission of an actual sexual relationship?  Myers was forced to resign due to inappropriate text messages.  The player involved to this day denies a sexual relationship. Therefore, before we go assuming the existence of multiple sexual relationships, we need to establish that one occurred.  Yes, we all assume that is what occurred, but when the player angrily denies that to be the case, what we are left with are rumors.

__________________
Brad Gibson
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 803
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


Do you realize that to this day there has been no evidence and no admission of an actual sexual relationship?  Myers was forced to resign due to inappropriate text messages.  The player involved to this day denies a sexual relationship. Therefore, before we go assuming the existence of multiple sexual relationships, we need to establish that one occurred.  Yes, we all assume that is what occurred, but when the player angrily denies that to be the case, what we are left with are rumors.


Do you realize that to this day there are still people who believe the Apollo Moon Landings were a hoax? 

And the Astronaut involved maintains to this day he was there so, before we go assuming the existence of multiple moon landings, we need to establish that at least one occurred. Yes, we all assume that is what occurred but, when the Astronaut angrily stands by his story, what we are left with are rumors.
Scupino

Registered:
Posts: 98
Reply with quote  #28 
Will sex via text and phone sex do?
ChinMusic

Registered:
Posts: 541
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


Do you realize that to this day there has been no evidence and no admission of an actual sexual relationship?  Myers was forced to resign due to inappropriate text messages.  The player involved to this day denies a sexual relationship. Therefore, before we go assuming the existence of multiple sexual relationships, we need to establish that one occurred.  Yes, we all assume that is what occurred, but when the player angrily denies that to be the case, what we are left with are rumors.


Not trying to be cute, but I have not seen any denial in the reports I have read.  To be fair I have not seen any confirmation either.  Just curious of your source on the denial.  Can you direct us to where that can be found?


TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #30 
The text messages are proof that inappropriate behavior was happening. I coach and to do what he did would be unconscionable. These young ladies are in your care and to treat them in any other fashion is a disgrace.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.