Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #61 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesapeach


Thank you! I have been trying to remember that team for a week now. I have to confur, they are legit.


Williamsburg Starz Gold. The righty is a Lemley girl and the lefty is a Thompson. Awesome apart, deadly together. The Lemley kid has always been a power hitter. The Thompson kid was fast and hit well. She looks to have been buffing up and is now crushing it.
Dusty

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #62 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Yes!! I think it went like 18 innings. Definite studs! I know fall ball can be weak, but I heard both of those girls came into Tech and gave up like 1 or 2 hits. Also, that younger lefty lost her games this year to the older senior lefty as a freshman like 1 to 0. Thomas is scooping them up. The younger right hander will be a freshman this year. Those two young ones can really hit the snot out of the ball.


If your going to come here and hype a player or school you could at least register and come up with a user name so you can come back and soak in the glory of future Va Tech dominance.  It should probably be mentioned that the state championship game your referring to was in one of the lowest enrollment divisions in Va, 3A I believe. 

I don't mean to diminish these pitchers talents or prospects for future success at Va Tech as I've never seen them play but there is enough pressure on these kids as it is to perform so a little perspective would be appropriate.  It should also be mentioned that Va Tech has a long post-Tincher history of hyped pitchers who haven't panned out.  


 
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #63 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty


If your going to come here and hype a player or school you could at least register and come up with a user name so you can come back and soak in the glory of future Va Tech dominance.  It should probably be mentioned that the state championship game your referring to was in one of the lowest enrollment divisions in Va, 3A I believe. 

I don't mean to diminish these pitchers talents or prospects for future success at Va Tech as I've never seen them play but there is enough pressure on these kids as it is to perform so a little perspective would be appropriate.  It should also be mentioned that Va Tech has a long post-Tincher history of hyped pitchers who haven't panned out.  


 


Awesome to hit a nerve! Just giving credit to some great talent. If you read above you might see that I said I might eat those words later, it is just something to be on the lookout for. My perspective is that I hope those girls do work out great in that program. As your comment against Tincher, it can be seen that you must not be a Tech fan and I am ok with that. We all have the right to blow whatever horn we want to blow. And if I want to register an account to my e-mail or not is up to me. And personally, I don't want to.....so....thanks for your input!!
Dusty

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #64 
No nerve hit, I actually am a casual VT fan in that I'd like to see the program get competitive again just as I'd like to see the same happen at all Va universities w/softball programs.  If you read my post I didn't say anything remotely negative about Tincher, I said that since she left they have had a lot of pitching recruits come in with high expectations that weren't fulfilled.

My only modest peeve is the pressure that accompanies hype put on untested freshmen pitchers.  Yeah, I know you said you might eat your words but those are the words of an unregistered poster who likely does have a registered name to post under.  The kids you're hyping have their real names on the VT roster and while you're obviously exited about them you've also made the targets on their backs just a wee bit bigger.    
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #65 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
No nerve hit, I actually am a casual VT fan in that I'd like to see the program get competitive again just as I'd like to see the same happen at all Va universities w/softball programs.  If you read my post I didn't say anything remotely negative about Tincher, I said that since she left they have had a lot of pitching recruits come in with high expectations that weren't fulfilled.

My only modest peeve is the pressure that accompanies hype put on untested freshmen pitchers.  Yeah, I know you said you might eat your words but those are the words of an unregistered poster who likely does have a registered name to post under.  The kids you're hyping have their real names on the VT roster and while you're obviously exited about them you've also made the targets on their backs just a wee bit bigger.    


Your post is a little ridiculous. He was just excited about the two new recruits
lifesapeach

Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


Your post is a little ridiculous. He was just excited about the two new recruits



Thank you! Why does everyone have to be so ugly to people just talking about something they are supposed to love. I am an SEC fan.....but I watched these girls this summer in GA legacy and they were something to watch. Trust me.....they already have a sign on their back. Thats the nature of the beast. You compete to be the best and to do that your name has to be out there. Good Luck VT fans. Hopefully this will be the year you can turn ypur program around!
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,524
Reply with quote  #67 
Might be really good now. Pretty sure he'll coach 'em down as he is prone to do. There's a reason they stay mediocre year after year.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,537
Reply with quote  #68 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Awesome to hit a nerve! Just giving credit to some great talent. If you read above you might see that I said I might eat those words later, it is just something to be on the lookout for. My perspective is that I hope those girls do work out great in that program. As your comment against Tincher, it can be seen that you must not be a Tech fan and I am ok with that. We all have the right to blow whatever horn we want to blow. And if I want to register an account to my e-mail or not is up to me. And personally, I don't want to.....so....thanks for your input!!



In other words, you're a chicken.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Are those the two that pitched against each other in the State Championship game in VA? I heard that was a duel for the ages


Well, I wouldn't call 2 D1 pitchers, both throwing in the 60s striking out a bunch of below avg 3A High School players a duel for the ages. I'm sure it was fun to watch though. 
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Well, I wouldn't call 2 D1 pitchers, both throwing in the 60s striking out a bunch of below avg 3A High School players a duel for the ages. I'm sure it was fun to watch though. 


It was a duel on their level that they were playing on. Nobody said anything about it being relevant to D1 College level.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


It was a duel on their level that they were playing on. Nobody said anything about it being relevant to D1 College level.


Here we go again....attacking some young kids when you could be positive. How about AWESOME and move on.
Dusty

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Well, I wouldn't call 2 D1 pitchers, both throwing in the 60s striking out a bunch of below avg 3A High School players a duel for the ages. I'm sure it was fun to watch though. 


Ughh, I don't find those kinds of games fun to watch at all.  I find myself feeling sorry for both the hitters who are in way over their heads and the pitchers for having to throw a gazillion pitches and jeopardize their future college careers with overuse injuries while in HS.

Getting exited about a program or new players is fine and what this site is all about, just put a registered name on it.  Speaking of which, I notice there are a ton of unregistered posters on this thread.

 
Dusty

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #73 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Here we go again....attacking some young kids when you could be positive. How about AWESOME and move on.


Not even close to "attacking some young kids."  I notice you and lifesapeach have a similar enthusiasm level to your posts. Perhaps you should both try switching to decaf.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Here we go again....attacking some young kids when you could be positive. How about AWESOME and move on.


You guys should listen to Dusty. Nobody attacking anybody. Ye sure the 2 kids had a great game but let's put it in perspective. If anybody thinks either of those 2 pitchers will produce @ Va Tech like it was High School ball, you're in for a long 4 years. I know both kids and both are competent pitchers with tremendous upsides but, if you're hung up on high school stats how many State Championships between them? at low level 3A to? One of the freshman Duke pitchers won 3 in a row @ 5A, had the lowest ERA in the State last year, and she is struggling with the transition. 

And "Fresh" hit the nail on the head. Tincher & Thomas always find a way to make a kid worse. 
Ie: they are trying to work a 3X All State 5A SS into playing catcher. Nothing like setting a kid up for failure as a Freshman. 

And yes, I agree it would be fantastic for Va Tech to get back to relevant. Thomas's 15 minutes from the Tincher Olympic win ran out long time ago. Odds are better Thomas won't be back after this year short an ACC title.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #75 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered


Here we go again....attacking some young kids when you could be positive. How about AWESOME and move on.


I’m not attacking them! You nut I was trying to defend them! We don’t know if they can compete at this level because they haven’t played yet. That doesn’t take away from what they’ve already accomplished. Please get over yourself!
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #76 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91


I’m not attacking them! You nut I was trying to defend them! We don’t know if they can compete at this level because they haven’t played yet. That doesn’t take away from what they’ve already accomplished. Please get over yourself!


Not trying to be ugly in any way. Thank you for your support. Just clicked on here and was curious about what was going on in ACC. Haven't really read much. Back to my original statement, I hope it goes well for them two.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #77 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
I would hope at best for a good coach who is currently and assistant somewhere. And please register


Maybe I am already registered and just didn't realize I wasn't logged in for that post.  For now I'll just stay unregistered to make it more fun (or to be more annoying).
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #78 
Ye, I'd rather be anonymous AND annoying to.
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 1,212
Reply with quote  #79 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Well, Loteif is available


Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark.
smartz1268

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #80 
John Rittman just accepted the HC position at Clemson.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,537
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartz1268
John Rittman just accepted the HC position at Clemson.



Outstanding!
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #82 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
I think we need to wait and see before using the word “settle”.
Narrator, when you are right, you are right.... Crow tastes like crap BTW

And, man, yet another reason to see Carley Hoover there next year .... if she has any such inclination, that is

Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartz1268
John Rittman just accepted the HC position at Clemson.


Where has he been again? I lost him after Florida
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartz1268
John Rittman just accepted the HC position at Clemson.


That’s who I heard was taking the position this morning. Great hire by Clemson. Davenport gets the shaft again.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Where has he been again? I lost him after Florida


Kansas?
scfastpitch

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #86 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

Narrator, when you are right, you are right.... Crow tastes like crap BTW

And, man, yet another reason to see Carley Hoover there next year .... if she has any such inclination, that is



You mean as a coach ? Hoover is a 5th year senior .
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #87 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Kansas?


As a coach he went Kansas —> Florida —> Team USA.
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #88 
What was his mojo? (Pitching, hitting, defense?) Just read a shadey article about his time at Stanford. Am I googling the right person?
Unregistered
Reply with quote  #89 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch


You mean as a coach ? Hoover is a 5th year senior .
Yes.... this time next year
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #90 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Yes.... this time next year
That was me.... what the hell with this site allowing people to post after they have been logged off the site
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.