Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
ProveThemWrong

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
What was his mojo? (Pitching, hitting, defense?) Just read a shadey article about his time at Stanford. Am I googling the right person?


I believe it is mainly hitting and he assists with defense.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,040
Reply with quote  #92 
Monster hire for Clemson
__________________
Dewey on victims of sexual assault:  Both women later switched their stories.  Was there a reward or something else behind their change?  Who knows?
drivemyjeep

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #93 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
What was his mojo? (Pitching, hitting, defense?) Just read a shadey article about his time at Stanford. Am I googling the right person?


He was cleared of any wrong doing... so the article means nothing really. Except that Stanford forced a resignation that was unwarranted.

Clemson Softball will be fun to watch in a few years!
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
Monster hire for Clemson


Agreed. I admit defeat
dawgs

Registered:
Posts: 666
Reply with quote  #95 
John Rittman tabbed the new Clemson HC.

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=1168114&SPID=188508&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211676502&DB_OEM_ID=28500

Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #96 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty


If your going to come here and hype a player or school you could at least register and come up with a user name so you can come back and soak in the glory of future Va Tech dominance.  It should probably be mentioned that the state championship game your referring to was in one of the lowest enrollment divisions in Va, 3A I believe. 

I don't mean to diminish these pitchers talents or prospects for future success at Va Tech as I've never seen them play but there is enough pressure on these kids as it is to perform so a little perspective would be appropriate.  It should also be mentioned that Va Tech has a long post-Tincher history of hyped pitchers who haven't panned out.  


 


They should also consider moving this discussion to the ACC thread since no one will remember to look in the Clemson coaching thread to find someone pontificating about the greatness of Virginia Tech next season...
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

Narrator, when you are right, you are right.... Crow tastes like crap BTW

And, man, yet another reason to see Carley Hoover there next year .... if she has any such inclination, that is



As an assistant coach?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #98 
I mean, she lives there and loved playing for Rittman... seems too perfect
Dusty

Registered:
Posts: 113
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
I mean, she lives there and loved playing for Rittman... seems too perfect


I remember hearing somewhere that Hoover left Stanford because their strength training program was the cause of her injury. Could have been a secondary issue though, if true, and not related to her relationship with Rittman whos departure could have sealed the deal for her to transfer to LSU.  
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty


I remember hearing somewhere that Hoover left Stanford because their strength training program was the cause of her injury. Could have been a secondary issue though, if true, and not related to her relationship with Rittman whos departure could have sealed the deal for her to transfer to LSU.  


Hoover is a big Rittman fan and most likely the reason she ended up @ Stanford. She redshirted a year if I remember correctly to. My bet is, when he left she wanted no part of the returning players/parents responsible for his departure. So off to LSU. Smart kid
ProveThemWrong

Registered:
Posts: 75
Reply with quote  #101 
So will Rittman still coach at Kansas this season or will he start building his staff at Clemson?
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,040
Reply with quote  #102 
Article said he is recruiting for Clemson this weekend
__________________
Dewey on victims of sexual assault:  Both women later switched their stories.  Was there a reward or something else behind their change?  Who knows?
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Hoover is a big Rittman fan and most likely the reason she ended up @ Stanford. She redshirted a year if I remember correctly to. My bet is, when he left she wanted no part of the returning players/parents responsible for his departure. So off to LSU. Smart kid


It was a medical redshirt. She went to Stanford immediately after HS. No redshirt other than the medical
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #104 
Amazing, the dominoes still to fall ... in November
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
It was a medical redshirt. She went to Stanford immediately after HS. No redshirt other than the medical


I am not an expert on the subject, but it is my understanding that a medical redshirt only comes into play if a player started the season and played in fewer than a certain number of games.  Since Carly never played her freshman year it was just considered a regular redshirt.
scfastpitch

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


I am not an expert on the subject, but it is my understanding that a medical redshirt only comes into play if a player started the season and played in fewer than a certain number of games.  Since Carly never played her freshman year it was just considered a regular redshirt.


She threw 17 innings at Stanford .

http://www.gostanford.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7916
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


I am not an expert on the subject, but it is my understanding that a medical redshirt only comes into play if a player started the season and played in fewer than a certain number of games.  Since Carly never played her freshman year it was just considered a regular redshirt.


She was 2-0 before she got hurt
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
She was 2-0 before she got hurt


My bad, so she did play before she got hurt!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.