Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #1 
Just saw a tweet that Logan Caymol has verballed to Clemson.  To the best of my knowledge she is John Rittman's first commit.  She is a 2018 pitcher who had been verballed to Tennessee for several years, but grew up a Clemson fan.  I guess she will enroll in the fall and redshirt her freshman year.
scfastpitch

Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #2 
As a gamecock fan , that's a little depressing . Flo has her ranked the #42 player in the 2018 class . That's one spot higher than any of our recruits in this class . Her grandfather Billy Ammons was a quarterback for Clemson . Rittman must have a pretty good idea who his pitching coach is going to be . 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scfastpitch
As a gamecock fan , that's a little depressing . Flo has her ranked the #42 player in the 2018 class . That's one spot higher than any of our recruits in this class . Her grandfather Billy Ammons was a quarterback for Clemson . Rittman must have a pretty good idea who his pitching coach is going to be . 


I wouldn't go on medication just yet. SC will OK, at least in the short term. I do believe SC will start to lose the recruiting war against Clemson starting as early as next summer though. Rittman is a great choice to start a new program but I hardly think his opening roster will be as young as everybody thinks. Look for some pretty good transfers who want immediate playing time.

Caymol is a competent pitcher but the #42 ranking may be a bit generous. She has gotten much press over the past few years as an early recruit to TN...tall lefty with good upside. IMO, she needs the year she will have to sit to get stronger & improve her velocity. 

That recruiting battle between Clemson & SC will be fun to watch, especially since the schools are rather close to each other.
Cooper11

Registered:
Posts: 45
Reply with quote  #4 
Not meant as anything negative towards the kid but I would take Vaughn (SC 2018) over Caymol.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


I wouldn't go on medication just yet. SC will OK, at least in the short term. I do believe SC will start to lose the recruiting war against Clemson starting as early as next summer though. Rittman is a great choice to start a new program but I hardly think his opening roster will be as young as everybody thinks. Look for some pretty good transfers who want immediate playing time.

Caymol is a competent pitcher but the #42 ranking may be a bit generous. She has gotten much press over the past few years as an early recruit to TN...tall lefty with good upside. IMO, she needs the year she will have to sit to get stronger & improve her velocity. 

That recruiting battle between Clemson & SC will be fun to watch, especially since the schools are rather close to each other.


Rittman is a slam dunk hide for sure, and will definitely be a great recruiter. But, I don’t see the ACC getting incredibly competitive anytime soon. That’s what a SEC school has going for it as far as that goes. Clemson is a beautiful campus, but it’s in the boonies as well. Will be fun to see the in State rivalry translate to softball!
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper11
Not meant as anything negative towards the kid but I would take Vaughn (SC 2018) over Caymol.


Same here. I don’t think Caymol even made the all-state roster after getting slammed in the elite eight of her classification.
sballwatcher

Registered:
Posts: 126
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


I wouldn't go on medication just yet. SC will OK, at least in the short term. I do believe SC will start to lose the recruiting war against Clemson starting as early as next summer though. Rittman is a great choice to start a new program but I hardly think his opening roster will be as young as everybody thinks. Look for some pretty good transfers who want immediate playing time.

Caymol is a competent pitcher but the #42 ranking may be a bit generous. She has gotten much press over the past few years as an early recruit to TN...tall lefty with good upside. IMO, she needs the year she will have to sit to get stronger & improve her velocity. 

That recruiting battle between Clemson & SC will be fun to watch, especially since the schools are rather close to each other.


FYI Caymol is a RHP not a lefty. She was also the 3rd best pitcher on her EC Bullets team over the Summer. She got hit really hard at PGF in the games I watched. A lot of upside, but a lot of growth needed to be ready. The redshirt year will be big for her.
wakamole

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #8 
We were in the same region, my dd played for walnut grove last year and I saw her play in many travel games also.  YES, I do hate Buford but you intel is off so dont hate.  Caymol is legit.  I have seen her shut down team after team in travel at the highest level.  We had 6 D1 players and could not touch her.   Im happy Buford lost (very) at state but dont hate if you have no clue.   And she is righty, not lefty.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamole
We were in the same region, my dd played for walnut grove last year and I saw her play in many travel games also.  YES, I do hate Buford but you intel is off so dont hate.  Caymol is legit.  I have seen her shut down team after team in travel at the highest level.  We had 6 D1 players and could not touch her.   Im happy Buford lost (very) at state but dont hate if you have no clue.   And she is righty, not lefty.


Stand corrected, I had it wrong on her being a lefty.

Not hate at all. I think the previous posters are correct. She has just fallen off a bit. And I think much of that had to do with a family tragedy If I remember correctly. That would shake any kid up. 

Her upside is tremendous. I'm sure Rittman will get her in the weight room & that year will prove invaluable in getting her prepared. 
wakamole

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Stand corrected, I had it wrong on her being a lefty.

Not hate at all. I think the previous posters are correct. She has just fallen off a bit. And I think much of that had to do with a family tragedy If I remember correctly. That would shake any kid up. 

Her upside is tremendous. I'm sure Rittman will get her in the weight room & that year will prove invaluable in getting her prepared. 
wakamole

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #11 
Yeah, Im sure it has been hard for her.  I just had to comment cause the kid is a stud.  My Buford hate blinds me sometimes, granted, but Ill give credit were credit is due. Based on seeing her pitch several times this past year, she is easily the best 2018 in GA that I have seen, not even close, and one of the best in the country in the 2018 class.  I was not at PGF but was in Boulder for IDT and saw her pitch against the big boys and she was stellar.  Good point on Rittman.
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 118
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper11
Not meant as anything negative towards the kid but I would take Vaughn (SC 2018) over Caymol.

I agree Vaughn is a stud lefty. Caymol is a Righty.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,248
Reply with quote  #13 
So is Vaughan legit? I’ve heard good stuff but never seen her
Ij10

Registered:
Posts: 118
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
So is Vaughan legit? I’ve heard good stuff but never seen her
she is a very good pitcher.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,534
Reply with quote  #15 
Rachel was hurt most of last year and we expect her to return to the form that made her dominant the prior year. Very good presence and fearless to throw any pitch, any situation. Throws pretty hard, but really spins the crap out of the ball and has a knee buckling change. This will be her 3rd year at the PGF 18 Premier level and expect great things from her.
sballwatcher

Registered:
Posts: 126
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamole
Yeah, Im sure it has been hard for her.  I just had to comment cause the kid is a stud.  My Buford hate blinds me sometimes, granted, but Ill give credit were credit is due. Based on seeing her pitch several times this past year, she is easily the best 2018 in GA that I have seen, not even close, and one of the best in the country in the 2018 class.  I was not at PGF but was in Boulder for IDT and saw her pitch against the big boys and she was stellar.  Good point on Rittman.


I am curious what "Big Boys" you saw her be stellar against at IDT. They went 2-2-1 in pool and only play 1 or 2 of the "Big Boys." She was hit pretty good in the game I was able to see. They then played OCBB Fox (w) and were beaten by Explosion 11-0 in 2nd round of bracket.

Again, upsid is great and 3 or 4 years ago she was great, but the had not been the case over the past year or 2. I agree with above poster that the 1st year of work/weightroom will be huge for her.
wakamole

Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sballwatcher
I am curious what "Big Boys" you saw her be stellar against at IDT. They went 2-2-1 in pool and only play 1 or 2 of the "Big Boys." She was hit pretty good in the game I was able to see. They then played OCBB Fox (w) and were beaten by Explosion 11-0 in 2nd round of bracket. Again, upsid is great and 3 or 4 years ago she was great, but the had not been the case over the past year or 2. I agree with above poster that the 1st year of work/weightroom will be huge for her.





The one time I post on one of these boards, I find myself defending a "buford" kid!  I'm going to be disowned.   She will benefit form a redshirt as any kid would.  Anyways, my last post here.  Wish her and Clemson well.

PS  So you say they were 2-2-1 in IDT and you saw her get "hit pretty good" huh???     At least tell the truth if your trashing a kid.   I was at IDT "18U" with my youngest in "Boulder" at the same complex and saw the kid pitch in the "18U" division, shutout the team she was pitching against 4 or 5-0 .  That's right, you pulled up the 16U division.  Her team played 18U.  They did not play any of the teams you referenced.  Great lie though.  
sballwatcher

Registered:
Posts: 126
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakamole





The one time I post on one of these boards, I find myself defending a "buford" kid!  I'm going to be disowned.   She will benefit form a redshirt as any kid would.  Anyways, my last post here.  Wish her and Clemson well.

PS  So you say they were 2-2-1 in IDT and you saw her get "hit pretty good" huh???     At least tell the truth if your trashing a kid.   I was at IDT "18U" with my youngest in "Boulder" at the same complex and saw the kid pitch in the "18U" division, shutout the team she was pitching against 4 or 5-0 .  That's right, you pulled up the 16U division.  Her team played 18U.  They did not play any of the teams you referenced.  Great lie though.  


Actually I was at IDT with my dd as well and watched her pitch, and get hit pretty well, yes in 18u. My mistake on posting the 16u record, it has been awhile and did not think when posting record. They were actually 2-3-1 and the team you saw her pitch against was a not very good IL Chill 18u team. The Chill 16u was better than that 18u team, hence the reason they went 2-5 at IDT.

Caymol has a very very high ceiling and a chance to be very good. Facts are however, she has not been the same pitcher over then past 2yrs and she has a lot of work to do. I am certain she will get back to form over the next 2yrs, but facts are facts. Some say UT was backing out of offer, and that had more to do with her going to Clemson. I wish her nothing but the best of luck! Good luck to your dd as well.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,098
Reply with quote  #19 
Having seen Caymol enough, she has great talent, and is a PHENOMENAL grab for a startup program.  Not sure she will be enough to hoist them to an ACC title, but she definitely will have them competing.  She kinda reminded me of Spingola (sp?).  We shall see though.

Gotta wonder where this leaves UT with only one more season (after this year) with Moss, and then no Caymol to come in help with Sprang and Arnold being the only ones left after next year.
sballwatcher

Registered:
Posts: 126
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
Having seen Caymol enough, she has great talent, and is a PHENOMENAL grab for a startup program.  Not sure she will be enough to hoist them to an ACC title, but she definitely will have them competing.  She kinda reminded me of Spingola (sp?).  We shall see though.

Gotta wonder where this leaves UT with only one more season (after this year) with Moss, and then no Caymol to come in help with Sprang and Arnold being the only ones left after next year.


Agree jayrot!

Rumor swirling is that UT expects to gain a transfer next year. Time will tell!
SballfanNBama

Registered:
Posts: 933
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
Having seen Caymol enough, she has great talent, and is a PHENOMENAL grab for a startup program.  Not sure she will be enough to hoist them to an ACC title, but she definitely will have them competing.  She kinda reminded me of Spingola (sp?).  We shall see though.

Gotta wonder where this leaves UT with only one more season (after this year) with Moss, and then no Caymol to come in help with Sprang and Arnold being the only ones left after next year.


Tennessee actually had two pitchers committed for the 18' class so while losing Caymol hurt we signed Ashley Rogers a homegrown Tennessee kid
RKC_3437

Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sballwatcher


Actually I was at IDT with my dd as well and watched her pitch, and get hit pretty well, yes in 18u. My mistake on posting the 16u record, it has been awhile and did not think when posting record. They were actually 2-3-1 and the team you saw her pitch against was a not very good IL Chill 18u team. The Chill 16u was better than that 18u team, hence the reason they went 2-5 at IDT.

Caymol has a very very high ceiling and a chance to be very good. Facts are however, she has not been the same pitcher over then past 2yrs and she has a lot of work to do. I am certain she will get back to form over the next 2yrs, but facts are facts. Some say UT was backing out of offer, and that had more to do with her going to Clemson. I wish her nothing but the best of luck! Good luck to your dd as well.
RKC_3437

Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sballwatcher


Actually I was at IDT with my dd as well and watched her pitch, and get hit pretty well, yes in 18u. My mistake on posting the 16u record, it has been awhile and did not think when posting record. They were actually 2-3-1 and the team you saw her pitch against was a not very good IL Chill 18u team. The Chill 16u was better than that 18u team, hence the reason they went 2-5 at IDT.

Caymol has a very very high ceiling and a chance to be very good. Facts are however, she has not been the same pitcher over then past 2yrs and she has a lot of work to do. I am certain she will get back to form over the next 2yrs, but facts are facts. Some say UT was backing out of offer, and that had more to do with her going to Clemson. I wish her nothing but the best of luck! Good luck to your dd as well.




What you also failed to mention is that the team Played 18 IDT and Triiple Crown 64 powerpool at the same time and placed runner up to A’s Mercado. So it’s reasonable to say you might have an off game after your team has played 18 games in a 4 day span. It’s easy to judge without the facts. She’s a great kid with the ceiling as potential. She has also risen up to her own personal/ family losses to keep it moving. I️ would take a fighter like that any day
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #24 
18 games in 4 days??????!!!!!!
RKC_3437

Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #25 
Yes they played 8 at IDT and 10 at triple crown at the same time. Sorry it might have been 6 days but it was the same week.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,435
Reply with quote  #26 

What the living F***?

I would love to see some of the innings counts for those pitchers in those six days before I totally go off the handle....

Kaylee Carlson 22 IP in 7 1/2 hours at 2013 PGF still gets me seeing red

RKC_3437

Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #27 
Then the next week they played triple crown nationals in Austin with only 4 days off... they were dying in 110 degrees. Toast
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,504
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

What the living F***?

I would love to see some of the innings counts for those pitchers in those six days before I totally go off the handle....

Kaylee Carlson 22 IP in 7 1/2 hours at 2013 PGF still gets me seeing red



Seems like Rico did this 5-6 years ago with a pitcher. don't recall the name I just know it wasn't Floyd.

by the way that's insane on the amount of games. even if it's 6 days. everyone on the team must be a pitcher. [wink]
PaulyGirl

Registered:
Posts: 180
Reply with quote  #29 
Physically, one of SC's pipelines the Carolina Elite is a lot closer to Clemson than Columbia....that would worry me if I were SC.
__________________
"Old" ASA Mens All-American Fastpitch player.
RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 1,212
Reply with quote  #30 
Re: Caymol's Flo ranking. I love Flo as much as the next guy, but their rankings are just an informed guess. Paige Parker was somewhere in the 40s when she came out.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.