Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #31 
Trump and the rest of the Establishment Republicans are not conservatives.

There used to be a poster here that would never speak negative of this party, you might know him

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Spending for 2017 ended at $3.98 Trillion.  Looks like 2018 will be at $4.094 Trillion.  I expect 2019 and 2020 will each increase spending by a percentage as well.  If I'm correct, what will Republicans say in 2020 when spending goes up each year under the Trump Administration?  Will there be outrage or will there be a better understanding regarding spending?

Some say spending will be cut when we fix entitlements.  Are we to assume this means Republicans want to reduce the SS the retired are receiving today?  Or their Medicare benefits?  How could we reduce spending on entitlements without cutting these entitlements? 

I will agree we can fix entitlements with an increase in payroll taxes and changing the retirement age for future citizens.  However, this only addresses the revenue side of the ledger, not a reduction in spending, at least as today is concerned.  So the question remains, what if spending doesn't go down during the next four years?  What will the response be from the Right?


The response today depends on the success or failure of each event.  If it succeeds, some on the Right jump up and drive the bandwagon.  If it's a failure, they say "he's not my guy" or "it's not my tax plan".

In 2020, we might hear a new GOP theme.  "We spent to help the American people".

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #33 
Will_I_Wynn 

Registered:08/09/04
Posts: 566
   #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Spending for 2017 ended at $3.98 Trillion.  Looks like 2018 will be at $4.094 Trillion.  I expect 2019 and 2020 will each increase spending by a percentage as well.  If I'm correct, what will Republicans say in 2020 when spending goes up each year under the Trump Administration?  Will there be outrage or will there be a better understanding regarding spending? 

Some say spending will be cut when we fix entitlements.  Are we to assume this means Republicans want to reduce the SS the retired are receiving today?  Or their Medicare benefits?  How could we reduce spending on entitlements without cutting these entitlements?  

I will agree we can fix entitlements with an increase in payroll taxes and changing the retirement age for future citizens.  However, this only addresses the revenue side of the ledger, not a reduction in spending, at least as today is concerned.  So the question remains, what if spending doesn't go down during the next four years?  What will the response be from the Right?


The response today depends on the success or failure of each event.  If it succeeds, some on the Right jump up and drive the bandwagon.  If it's a failure, they say "he's not my guy" or "it's not my tax plan". 

In 2020, we might hear a new GOP theme.  "Four More Years!".
 
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by CNN and WaPo.

The Right in here is destroying me because I am dual-handled dewey.  Please search for original post if more confusing information is desired.

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #34 
Dewey does not care about deficit.  Best path to cut deficit is to cut spending.  That way people can keep their hard earned money to take care of their families.
__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #35 
Trump Administration will sign budgets increasing spending in 2018, 2019, and 2020.  I suspect it will cause some reaction from Conservatives.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Trump Administration will sign budgets increasing spending in 2018, 2019, and 2020.  I suspect it will cause some reaction from Conservatives.

Find some dems that support spending cuts and you would easily clean all this crap up. 

__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #37 
Democrat votes weren't needed to accept Sen Paul budget cuts.  It was at the fingertips of the GOP.  They passed.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 8,086
Reply with quote  #38 
Dems could help pass entitlement reform.  Remove efficiencies from the system.  Reduce costs and waste drastically.  That could be done while providing more services and support to the truly needy.
__________________
I'm more getting a sense that willie wynn is dewey is a F'n loser. 
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #39 
The GOP runs the show.  They can put up legislation to do whatever.  Time to do so and if Democrats block the legislation, then you can blame them for something.  Right now, it's just random talk.  Explain why Sen Paul couldn't get his budget cuts through.  Stick with legislation before us.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #40 
The reason the spending debate is so important is because Republicans go in front of TV cameras and claim Democrats are big spenders.  It's not true.  The truth is all Administrations see spending go up year after year.  It doesn't go down.  Inflation and population growth drives the increase.  Wars and other legislation may make the increase larger than normal but it still goes up every year.

The other point to make is that spending often goes up at a higher rate under GOP Administrations.  Under Bush, year by year spending growth was about 6.6% annually.  Under Obama, it was about 6.2%.  If we take away the stimulus package Obama passed in 2009, his spending would have measured in the low five as a percentage.  The books are there for all Americans to calculate historical spending and revenue growth.  Have at it.  You'll see year to year spending growth in the Reagan years was quite high as well.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/statistics/federal-receipt-and-outlay-summary

Click on overview and click on receipt and outlay summary.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
The GOP runs the show.  They can put up legislation to do whatever.  Time to do so and if Democrats block the legislation, then you can blame them for something.  Right now, it's just random talk.  Explain why Sen Paul couldn't get his budget cuts through.  Stick with legislation before us.


Why didn’t the obama administration balance the budget if the left always wants to?

I know you won’t answer...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #42 
When Obama inherited a crashed revenue picture, any chance of balancing a budget went out the window.  We are probably still years from that possibility, assuming all sides could agree.  That said, when any and all tax increases (revenue) are blocked by the GOP, there is no way to generate the necessary revenue we'll ultimately need to close the deficit gap and balance the budget.  One day this nation will wake up and realize they can't continue to borrow from future generations to pay our way.  We went to war during the Bush Administration and we still got a tax cut.  Who did we think was paying for our war costs?
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 5,340
Reply with quote  #43 
It's not "The Nation" that needs to wake up. As is painfully obvious We the People have very little say in the matter.
I also notice your verbiage that there is no way to generate the revenue to pay for the out of control government. Dems always look to take more money instead of trimming.

__________________
#SCOTUS

Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #44 
"Dems always look to take more money instead of trimming."

Two points.  One, that's like saying car companies always look to raising car prices rather than trimming business expenses.  At some point it has to be recognized revenue must be raised to cover increase in costs.  Secondly, I've already noted that Republican Administrations increase annual spending growth more than Democrats.  To accuse Democrats of failing to trim is to dismiss this fact.

I can't help but repeat something I said earlier.  We started a war in Iraq and we gave ourselves a tax discount at the same time.  Who in the world did we think was going to pay for these war costs?  We have to pay for the goods and services we receive.  We must stop passing the bill to somebody else.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #45 
I can hear the young man talking to his Conservative father. 

- I understand you believe the Government spends too much which leads to a deficit which leads to borrowing.  I respect your fight against Government spending and I know you hate passing this debt down to the next generation.  What I don't understand is that you support a tax reform bill which almost everyone says will lead to more borrowing in order for us to get some more take home pay.  If we need it, I get it.  Do we really need it bad enough to have those behind us pick up the tab?  Could we have designed this bill to help just those who needed it?  Did we really think this through?

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,258
Reply with quote  #46 
Sybil, no more coast to coast late night radio for you.
__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Stick with legislation before us.



Dewey barking orders. He's kinda excited tonight. GFY dewey, how about you stick with one screen name?

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Sybil, no more coast to coast late night radio for you.



hahahaha dewey going with one of his patented self-convos. 

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn


I'll agree with one thing.  Americans, for the most part, clearly hate their politicians.  Madonna would have won in 2016 if she had run. 


For eight years the Right leaning media got followers to fume over increased debt under Obama.  Recession was no excuse.  Prior to that, the Right turned on President Bush because he allowed debt to increase.  Yes, debt was the evil of the day.  They believed politicians on both sides were borrowing money rather than addressing the deficit.  The hatred of politicians only grew and Trump filled the gap by saying he could fix it.

Trump told his followers he would stick it to the rich...

"I would let people who are making hundreds of millions of dollars a year pay some tax," Trump said during an interview with Bloomberg News on Wednesday. "Because right now, they're paying very little tax. I think it's outrageous." 

It was hard to believe much of what candidate Trump said but I did believe him here.  How could he allow a tax cut that would increase debt.  But now it appears he has.  Incredible.

__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,993
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Sybil, no more coast to coast late night radio for you.



You know when dewey is quoting himself, he is fully lathered up.

__________________
"Dewy cites anomalies because he is an anomaly, he's an outlier in a sea of testosterone." 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,223
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn


For eight years the Right leaning media got followers to fume over increased debt under Obama.  Recession was no excuse.  Prior to that, the Right turned on President Bush because he allowed debt to increase.  Yes, debt was the evil of the day.  They believed politicians on both sides were borrowing money rather than addressing the deficit.  The hatred of politicians only grew and Trump filled the gap by saying he could fix it.

Trump told his followers he would stick it to the rich...

"I would let people who are making hundreds of millions of dollars a year pay some tax," Trump said during an interview with Bloomberg News on Wednesday. "Because right now, they're paying very little tax. I think it's outrageous." 

It was hard to believe much of what candidate Trump said but I did believe him here.  How could he allow a tax cut that would increase debt.  But now it appears he has.  Incredible.


What is incredible is how you try to deceive with such calm.  The debt only increases with CBO's very pessimistic projection of 1.9% GDP during the next 10 years.  Even Obama didn't suck that bad.  Tax cuts will help drive GDP growth - something you leftist Democrats don't understand.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 24,285
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce



You know when dewey is quoting himself, he is fully lathered up.


That's a Sheila Jackson Lee tactic. Dewy quotes himself in his signature line. My signature line is nothing but hall of famers, dewy is frantic since his return. Salty and lathered, with a red rash to boot

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #53 
Well then your statement that the left always wants to balance the budget is false.

We won’t see a balanced budget until the American people are willing to cut back in all areas and realize it will be tough.

It’s that or the country will go bankrupt.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #54 
I am using the tax committee score put out by Congess. It's the official scorekeeper of Congress. I don't see how that is deception. I'm also using CBO. Supporters are scouring the Country for individuals who claim otherwise. Maybe they are right. Time will tell.
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 742
Reply with quote  #55 
Can Trump increase the debt and nobody will care?
__________________
A gullible nation is a vulnerable nation.  Challenge what you read on the internet.  Our nation's security is in our hands.  Don't be duped by misinformation.

The Right in here are quoting posts and changing words.  Please search for original post if accurate information is desired.




TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #56 
It’s deception because you are the one posting it. You have shown that you cannot be trusted and are not a man of your word
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,223
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
It’s deception because you are the one posting it. You have shown that you cannot be trusted and are not a man of your word


Exactly.  If you were an honest person, which, given your multiple handles seems impossible, you would have noted that the CBO used a 1.9% GDP in their estimates.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,996
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


Exactly.  If you were an honest person, which, given your multiple handles seems impossible, you would have noted that the CBO used a 1.9% GDP in their estimates.


CBO not the only, or most dependable government estimate. The bipartisan Joint Committee on Taxation which, in fact, did factor in reasonable growth. trump can't live off Obama's economic expertise forever. The realities will catch up next year and he will be exposed for the carnival barker he is. The republicans will be exposed for the spineless lemmings they are. In the words of our fearless liar in chief "we'll see"
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,425
Reply with quote  #59 
“Economic expertise”

First time I Have ever heard that used in the same sentence as President Obama.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
The truth is, you WANT Bill to have raped her, so you believe it.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,996
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
“Economic expertise” First time I Have ever heard that used in the same sentence as President Obama.


Looking for truth in all the wrong places. Wasn't that the theme song for a movie?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.