Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
gladiator

Registered:
Posts: 8
Reply with quote  #31 

New rules will be tilting the field even more to PAC 12 and SEC.

Travel orgs, parents, players already are biased toward these conferences.  PAC 12 and SEC can already outspend almost every other D1 program – which limits where, when the lesser programs can go and who they can send to recruit.

Without ability to communicate with potential players until Junior year in high school, the lesser programs will be even harder pressed to recruit.  They will have no idea if a player is actually interested in their program, is academically suited, has the willingness to attend the school based on location/proximity to the player’s home.

Unless coaches can communicate 1 or 2 years earlier (the NCAA model allows for Sophomore year contact, which is much more acceptable than lacrosse model), college coaches will waste their limited resources in time and money by being forced to see many many more players because they won’t at least be able to qualify potential players that are interested in the coach/program.  

Allowing somewhat earlier communication still puts some brakes on early recruiting, but it also permits a more efficient evaluation method that would be a win-win for most programs and players by allowing better “fits”.

RELAX

Registered:
Posts: 325
Reply with quote  #32 
From my understanding, coaches will still be out at tournaments seeing what's out there and watching the younger kids. They just can't communicate with them until Junior year. I would imagine that kids can still email the schools to show their interest in the school just like they do now. Although, I could be wrong on that. It's definitely going to be crazy on September 1st. Those top kids will have their phones ringing ALL DAY LONG!!! Might as well not even go to school that day! Lol.
BigTenSoftball

Registered:
Posts: 136
Reply with quote  #33 
And the kids who thought they were going big time will quickly find out on sept 1 that the big dogs aren't interested in them.
Kurosawa

Registered:
Posts: 2,932
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptynester
Fresh once again claiming his opinion is fact. Your problem to begin with. I thought you took your ball and went home ?


It is his opinion that it is a fact. An opinion shared by many, and not just "liberals", including the current Secretary of State. I concur.

You were the one that chose to interject "the Don" into a softball discussion.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #35 
Well, if we're choosing sides here, I side with the President..........The same President who carried the great majority of states in the election and is making America great again...........


And, he'll easily win re-election............Now those are facts...........

Emptynester

Registered:
Posts: 259
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa


It is his opinion that it is a fact. An opinion shared by many, and not just "liberals", including the current Secretary of State. I concur.

You were the one that chose to interject "the Don" into a softball discussion.


Actually it was Rudy. Maybe try reading all the posts. Then freshy like always with his hate , this after promising to go away forever.
Your opinion like freshy is just that , opinion, not fact. Just as many if not more share just the opposite opinion. Fresh is a moron, but hey that's just my opinion.
wuzzup

Registered:
Posts: 49
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
Well, if we're choosing sides here, I side with the President..........The same President who carried the great majority of states in the election and is making America great again...........


And, he'll easily win re-election............Now those are facts...........



Just like the "fact" that, according to you, Coach Mikey was going to be filing a lawsuit against ULL.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,419
Reply with quote  #38 
Softball forum. Just responding to Blue.
__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 546
Reply with quote  #39 
Guilty as charged Nestie. I poked a little fun at Blue's favorite tweeter in relevance to the topic and wa-la. Should I be more careful with my overwhelming influence and magnetic personality?
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #40 
Wuzzup said.........
Quote:
Just like the "fact" that, according to you, Coach Mikey was going to be filing a lawsuit against ULL.


Wuzzup, I'm gonna say you're not telling the truth here.............If you don't know a fact from an opinion, you probably shouldn't prove you don't...........
Emptynester

Registered:
Posts: 259
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudymartinez
Guilty as charged Nestie. I poked a little fun at Blue's favorite tweeter in relevance to the topic and wa-la. Should I be more careful with my overwhelming influence and magnetic personality?


No way, I love your stuff. We can all agree to disagree. Blue, Mike
and the gang. We can all sit down and have a beer and argue away lol.
wuzzup

Registered:
Posts: 49
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
Wazzup said.........


Wazzup, I'm gonna say you're not telling the truth here.............If you don't know a fact from an opinion, you probably shouldn't prove you don't...........


Poor, confused, little man, with short and long-term memory problems, living in whatever reality you inhabit, where it's a "fact" (your words, not mine) that DD will be reelected.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #43 
Wuzzup, just tell the truth next time..........You blew it the first time..........That's all..........

Not even Rudy is perfect...........
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 546
Reply with quote  #44 
Nestie, don't forget the mezcal shots. The one who eats the worm, wins the disagreement. Not that anyone would remember what the hell the topic was.
wuzzup

Registered:
Posts: 49
Reply with quote  #45 
You can't stand the truth, much less separate facts from reality.  And neither your "facts" nor your opinions are worth more than what goes into a sewer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog


The Alex for 500.00 poster who's pitching against Michael welcomes a lawsuit............Now, this poster saying more will come out with a lawsuit is absolutely right............A lot more will come out - character assessments on some folks who might not look so good in this lynch-mob...........  

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
But, it's looking like it very well may happen...........I heard today it's in the planning............


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog


This whole situation will more-than-likely unfold in a courtroom..........From what I'm hearing, it's probably gonna happen...........A lot of footwork is being done as we speak.............[smile]


Satan loves 'ya, man.
gladiator

Registered:
Posts: 8
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RELAX
From my understanding, coaches will still be out at tournaments seeing what's out there and watching the younger kids. They just can't communicate with them until Junior year. I would imagine that kids can still email the schools to show their interest in the school just like they do now. Although, I could be wrong on that. It's definitely going to be crazy on September 1st. Those top kids will have their phones ringing ALL DAY LONG!!! Might as well not even go to school that day! Lol.


You are correct - there will be a one way street whereby prospective players can email schools.  They can't call a coach and the coach cannot respond to emails or phone calls.  The problem for the college coaches is being in a situation where, with no knowledge of a player's interest level, they can't  focus their time in a productive manner. At least allowing communication at some point in the Sophomore year, the college coaches have a better opportunity of organizing and utilizing their resources.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #47 
Wuzzup, your nasty mouth putting out nonsense is consistent............You've proved you can't be trusted to tell-the-truth once again............

"Looking like" and "more-than-likely"............ 

When will you stop embarrassing yourself - you little liberal...........You need to get out more and let more of the country see liberalism first-hand.............It'll help Trump's cause...........
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 546
Reply with quote  #48 
Blue, you are directed by the Higher Authority to forgive Wuzzie. After all, no one is perfect. Except for me.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #49 
I do forgive Wuzzie.........And, I do want him to get out more...........He seems to have cabin-fever...........

Do you see that in him, Rudy?.........Maybe a tamale and enchilada plate will help him to see things a little clearer............Easy on the jalapeno, though.........Don't think he takes heat too well........
gladiator

Registered:
Posts: 8
Reply with quote  #50 
Please take your important discussion that is totally unrelated to this topic and move to an appropriate thread in miscellaneous topics.
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 546
Reply with quote  #51 
Gladie, are you remotely familiar with this website?

Blue, Wuzzie's just fine. But a tamale and a Natchitoches meat pie wouldn't hurt.
Kurosawa

Registered:
Posts: 2,932
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptynester


Actually it was Rudy. Maybe try reading all the posts. Then freshy like always with his hate , this after promising to go away forever.
Your opinion like freshy is just that , opinion, not fact. Just as many if not more share just the opposite opinion. Fresh is a moron, but hey that's just my opinion.


You're right, he's in the wrong for interjecting politics. Opinions can be right or wrong.
Doctor

Registered:
Posts: 87
Reply with quote  #53 
Much to do about nothing. In the end not much will change.
__________________
 
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #54 
You are correct..........Not solving the problem..........
cleareyesfullheart

Registered:
Posts: 91
Reply with quote  #55 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiator

New rules will be tilting the field even more to PAC 12 and SEC.

Travel orgs, parents, players already are biased toward these conferences.  PAC 12 and SEC can already outspend almost every other D1 program – which limits where, when the lesser programs can go and who they can send to recruit.

Without ability to communicate with potential players until Junior year in high school, the lesser programs will be even harder pressed to recruit.  They will have no idea if a player is actually interested in their program, is academically suited, has the willingness to attend the school based on location/proximity to the player’s home.

Unless coaches can communicate 1 or 2 years earlier (the NCAA model allows for Sophomore year contact, which is much more acceptable than lacrosse model), college coaches will waste their limited resources in time and money by being forced to see many many more players because they won’t at least be able to qualify potential players that are interested in the coach/program.  

Allowing somewhat earlier communication still puts some brakes on early recruiting, but it also permits a more efficient evaluation method that would be a win-win for most programs and players by allowing better “fits”.




The vote at the convention was 200-3 in favor. The SEC and Pac12 are only 25 of those votes. It seems like many of the other schools are OK with this decision. 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 4,419
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
You are correct..........Not solving the problem..........


That's why I left the Miscellaneous forum. No interest in truth, just pumping each other up. Pointless.

__________________

When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history. You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.

rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 546
Reply with quote  #57 
Please tell me it's true. You left the the MISC. forum. Fight until your last bullet, then throw stones. Besides it's 95% entertainment and 5% educational. Don't let those weak ass, hey we're smarter than you, morons run you off. Man up.
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 546
Reply with quote  #58 
Sorry, I meant not true you quit Freshie. The biggest cowards are the ones who say nothing. Stand up, be proud and express your opinion. It's our America too.
Emptynester

Registered:
Posts: 259
Reply with quote  #59 
He will never leave Rudy. It's an addiction.
Patron shots for everyone instead of beer or that nasty mezcal you speak of.
Fresh can come too. We will find a place that has Bartles and Jaymes wine coolers or Zima.
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 10,617
Reply with quote  #60 
Fresh said.........
Quote:
That's why I left the Miscellaneous forum. No interest in truth, just pumping each other up. Pointless.


Fresh, Rudy is right...........Most of those folks are lead around by-the-nose...........

Quote:
 Besides it's 95% entertainment and 5% educational.


Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.