Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 6      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Ladera96DD

Registered:
Posts: 210
Reply with quote  #1 
Middle of summer and ready for some info! What's shaking with the teams! Seems like there has been some transfer movement this Summer...
__________________
Proud Tiger Dad! http://towsontigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7222&path=softball
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,035
Reply with quote  #2 
I hear that Towson's pitching coach has relocated. Do they have a replacement in mind? Also, do they have anyone new that's going to be in the circle this year? They certainly need it.
Ladera96DD

Registered:
Posts: 210
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
I hear that Towson's pitching coach has relocated. Do they have a replacement in mind? Also, do they have anyone new that's going to be in the circle this year? They certainly need it.

That is indeed the case... all I know about is the incoming freshman and she is a good pitcher from CA that played in the Corona Angels Organization... Time will tell! not sure about any transfers or a new pitching coach yet... 

__________________
Proud Tiger Dad! http://towsontigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7222&path=softball
hofpridefan

Registered:
Posts: 372
Reply with quote  #4 
Who are the incoming freshmen to watch in the conference? I admit I'm not up to date on most of the other teams' recruits.
Shadetree

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #5 
When you look at the talent JMU has lost the last 2 years versus the incoming talent those same 2 years....significant drop.  They had better have some studs in this years class or they will find themselves dropping back to the pack sooner than later. IMO
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree
When you look at the talent JMU has lost the last 2 years versus the incoming talent those same 2 years....significant drop.  They had better have some studs in this years class or they will find themselves dropping back to the pack sooner than later. IMO


JMU has lost a lot of talent from the last 2 years but I think some of the freshman from last year will be ready to fill a bigger role and JMU has a super solid incoming class this year.  May not have the star power of a Ford or Good but those are rare finds for most schools.

Incoming freshman Jubas, File, Meeks and Buresch have all played at a very high level in travel ball and won or been in the finals of PGF and ASA Gold on several occasions.

I would expect Jubas to come in and start at SS as she fits the same mold as some of JMU's infielders the last couple of years of Sandy, Prince and Moran.  Think she will be in the running for Rookie of the year.  File and Meeks both hit and hit for power and will challenge for playing time from day 1.  I think Buresch could be the number 2 by year's end and will definitely push Alexander to be better. 

They still have Good this year so they will be very hard to beat in conf.

Dean has made the NCAA's 5 straight years at JMU, I don't see that changing anytime soon.  He is by far the superior coach when it comes to recruiting and is probably the best game coach in the CAA as well to go on top of being a very good pitching coach.

And for the 2nd year in a row it looks like JMU was assigned to host the conf tourney.  Not sure if it has found a permanent home in Harrisonburg but it will host for the 5th straight year in 2018.  That is a huge advantage for JMU.

TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,035
Reply with quote  #7 
How many male head coaches are there in the CAA?
hofpridefan

Registered:
Posts: 372
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
How many male head coaches are there in the CAA?


3 - JMU, Drexel, and Delaware
Ladera96DD

Registered:
Posts: 210
Reply with quote  #9 
Towson Fall Ball Schedule... 

9/23 Home vs Georgetown (DH) TBD
9/30 at George Mason (DH) 2pm
10/7 Home vs Delaware State (DH) TBD
10/15 Alumni Game 11am
10/21 Home vs Maryland (DH) TBD


__________________
Proud Tiger Dad! http://towsontigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7222&path=softball
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #10 
And 2 more leave the JMU program. Steady making room for the dozen or so arriving next month. 
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,035
Reply with quote  #11 
Were they starters?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
Were they starters?


One of them was.
hofpridefan

Registered:
Posts: 372
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
And 2 more leave the JMU program. Steady making room for the dozen or so arriving next month. 


JMU board is reporting that 5 have left since the end of last season. Is this people leaving on their own, or Mickey Dean cleaning out the roster?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hofpridefan
JMU board is reporting that 5 have left since the end of last season. Is this people leaving on their own, or Mickey Dean cleaning out the roster?


Pretty sure it's kids leaving on their own. 
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,035
Reply with quote  #15 
A coach really can't clean up the roster. They were told they'd never play and they left. Or they can't stand him and left. Take your pick
Shadetree

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #16 
It has always been a love hate relationship for MD and his players.  Seems to be throwing numbers against the wall these days seeing if some stick.  Its working for him now so can't fault him for the process.  Might actually be a better process than recruiting small and then the kids dont pan out.  Strength in numbers!  
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,035
Reply with quote  #17 
We'll all see after this year when the pitching comes back down to Earth
Shadetree

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #18 
One injury away from becoming just another decent mid-major.  Another weak schedule will not hide their shortcomings.  Hold your breath (again) JMU fans 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
A coach really can't clean up the roster. They were told they'd never play and they left. Or they can't stand him and left. Take your pick


That pretty much covers it. (was trying to be diplomatic in my previous post)

Although 1 player left middle school year because of a family medical issue. 
Shadetree

Registered:
Posts: 54
Reply with quote  #20 
So word on the street is Kathryn Sandercock decommits from JMU and commits to Florida State. 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree
So word on the street is Kathryn Sandercock decommits from JMU and commits to Florida State. 


Interesting, what street that come from? 
Ladera96DD

Registered:
Posts: 210
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree
So word on the street is Kathryn Sandercock decommits from JMU and commits to Florida State. 

Her Twitter Bio USED to say JMU Commit... no longer does...

__________________
Proud Tiger Dad! http://towsontigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7222&path=softball
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,274
Reply with quote  #23 

Dean MUST have told people he is a goner, right?

This seems like a mass defection

outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

Dean MUST have told people he is a goner, right?

This seems like a mass defection



If true she's the first 2018 I'm aware of that has decommitted. Dean has had a bunch of kids quit since end of last season & currently has couple returnees contemplating quitting. But, he was scheduled to have around a dozen freshman come in this fall, with only 4 who signed NLIs I believe. 

This is interesting because when Dean left Radford I don't believe a single kid followed him to JMU...and he had some very good players. And he told nobody he was leaving which is understandable. Unless he is heading to Auburn as we speak, I highly doubt he would telegraph his next move to anybody, especially his #1 pitching recruit, unless he planned on making sure they follow him. And I don't think the FSU job will be open anytime soon.

I've always thought if Dean leaves it's after Good graduates. And I don't think HE decommitted Sandercock. To my knowledge she's always been a very good kid & good role model. CAA is probably perfect landing spot for her. 

That said, most likely what happened was she started to believe what her resume says. And it reads nicely. So her travel coach started to back channel talks with FSU, they've got nobody of any name coming in for 2018 & jumped on her. Certainly they saw her throw with Junior National Team but figured she was better than any current commit. Surprising because she is currently a CAA caliber pitcher on her best day. 

In short, she decided she was better than JMU, threw her name out there & FSU bit. Or, FSU saw her and said hey if you're interested we are to... Ok, time will tell.
DaDukes40

Registered:
Posts: 154
Reply with quote  #25 
I think people are probably making this more complicated than it needs to be. It probably came down to getting an offer from Florida State, a annual top 10 team that plays in a much better conference than the CAA. She got a chance to play on a high level and took it. That's assuming this is true. Teenagers are fickle, it could be true or maybe it isn't. I'll maybe care about it in 2018. 
Dusty

Registered:
Posts: 94
Reply with quote  #26 
Their more immediate concern should be their '17s, only 2 freshmen on the fall roster.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDukes40
I think people are probably making this more complicated than it needs to be. It probably came down to getting an offer from Florida State, a annual top 10 team that plays in a much better conference than the CAA. She got a chance to play on a high level and took it. That's assuming this is true. Teenagers are fickle, it could be true or maybe it isn't. I'll maybe care about it in 2018. 


Don't see where it's complicated at all...i just got rambling.  Your post just repeated the last sentence of mine.

like you said, if it's true at all. 
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 880
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty
Their more immediate concern should be their '17s, only 2 freshmen on the fall roster.


Your liable to see more deletions before it's updated completely.
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns

Dean MUST have told people he is a goner, right?

This seems like a mass defection



I have been told Dean would not leave for the Auburn job at this time.  I am sure Dean like many other coaches may look at the job as a way to get a few more dollars from their current programs.  I wouldn't blame any coach for that.

But money talks so anything could happen.  I just find it hard for any major or even top Mid head coach to take that job at this point in the year.


KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


If true she's the first 2018 I'm aware of that has decommitted. Dean has had a bunch of kids quit since end of last season & currently has couple returnees contemplating quitting. But, he was scheduled to have around a dozen freshman come in this fall, with only 4 who signed NLIs I believe. 

This is interesting because when Dean left Radford I don't believe a single kid followed him to JMU...and he had some very good players. And he told nobody he was leaving which is understandable. Unless he is heading to Auburn as we speak, I highly doubt he would telegraph his next move to anybody, especially his #1 pitching recruit, unless he planned on making sure they follow him. And I don't think the FSU job will be open anytime soon.

I've always thought if Dean leaves it's after Good graduates. And I don't think HE decommitted Sandercock. To my knowledge she's always been a very good kid & good role model. CAA is probably perfect landing spot for her. 

That said, most likely what happened was she started to believe what her resume says. And it reads nicely. So her travel coach started to back channel talks with FSU, they've got nobody of any name coming in for 2018 & jumped on her. Certainly they saw her throw with Junior National Team but figured she was better than any current commit. Surprising because she is currently a CAA caliber pitcher on her best day. 

In short, she decided she was better than JMU, threw her name out there & FSU bit. Or, FSU saw her and said hey if you're interested we are to... Ok, time will tell.



Outofzone, you know we tend to disagree quite a bit.  So not disagreeing personally with you bc I have never seen Sandercock pitch.  But EVERYONE I have talked to her about her has a much different opinion of her than you.  I  guess time will tell but either you are a right or a lot of others will be wrong.  No one I have talked to says shes the next coming but no one says she's CAA caliber pitcher on her best day either.  

She had more interest than just FSU, and I heard they offered her a ton of money.

Funny thing is she beat out quite a few really good pitchers to make the Junior National team.  Dean has some pull, and I have no idea but I wonder if he used his influences to help secure her a spot on that team.  She doesn't make that team she's likely signing with the Dukes in about 2 months.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.