Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 5,129
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren


I’m not American and 35. So even watching from afar a lot of men involved.

And the idea that women’s sports hasn’t been dominated by male coaches is just ignoring reality.
 You must be describing another country.  The legends in coaching women's softball have been women, with one exception in Candrea.  Just look at the WCWS winners and who their coach was...  Up through 2008, except for Candrea, all women.  In the past ten years starting with 2009, I think it is split 5 women and 5 men head coaches.  

And the highest paid college softball coach today, Patty Gasso, a woman, makes $1M/yr.

Only in the past ten years have men been filling softball coaching positions in any number.

Title IX is just awesome.

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 666
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
 You must be describing another country.  The legends in coaching women's softball have been women, with one exception in Candrea.  Just look at the WCWS winners and who their coach was...  Up through 2008, except for Candrea, all women.  In the past ten years starting with 2009, I think it is split 5 women and 5 men head coaches.  

And the highest paid college softball coach today, Patty Gasso, a woman, makes $1M/yr.

Only in the past ten years have men been filling softball coaching positions in any number.

Title IX is just awesome.


This.
34sDad

Registered:
Posts: 128
Reply with quote  #33 
The comments about the appropriateness of women coaching or physiological differences are exactly the reasons Mowins comments are a big deal.  It'll be "no deal" when people don't care if its a woman or a man coaching either gender.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,305
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34sDad
The comments about the appropriateness of women coaching or physiological differences are exactly the reasons Mowins comments are a big deal.  It'll be "no deal" when people don't care if its a woman or a man coaching either gender.


It only translates one direction.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 6,706
Reply with quote  #35 
I know my kid played for both in TB and College. Definitely preferred male coaches except one that had a penchant for grabbing butts during timeouts. I laugh when he posts here with his noble takes.
__________________
#SCOTUS

CowboyJOX

Registered:
Posts: 119
Reply with quote  #36 
Can't we just let people enjoy things? The fact that 4 women were coaching in the semis got a lot of good traction on social media so apparently it means quite a bit to a good segment of people. That fact didn't make the games any less enjoyable.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,758
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34sDad
The comments about the appropriateness of women coaching or physiological differences are exactly the reasons Mowins comments are a big deal.  It'll be "no deal" when people don't care if its a woman or a man coaching either gender.


The discussion was centered around Softball. 

Pretty sure a women coaching an NFL team will be a few Light Years away. And has nothing to do with their Gender.

But why is it women reporters are allowed in the locker rooms of Professional sports teams but the idea of a man reporter say, making the rounds around the locker room after the Women's World Cup stops the rotation of the Earth? 
34sDad

Registered:
Posts: 128
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


The discussion was centered around Softball. 

Pretty sure a women coaching an NFL team will be a few Light Years away. And has nothing to do with their Gender.

But why is it women reporters are allowed in the locker rooms of Professional sports teams but the idea of a man reporter say, making the rounds around the locker room after the Women's World Cup stops the rotation of the Earth? 


If we're sticking to softball why are you asking two non-softball questions?    😉

I have no idea what the rules are for pro sports teams, but you're right, it should be the same.  I'm guessing male reporters just aren't pushing the issue.  

The lack of females in football has everything to do with gender.  You need to be knowledgeable about football, smart and good with people.  Only advantage men have is they played, and we know from softball that "former players often don't make good coaches".  
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,305
Reply with quote  #39 
Gosh, I just can't wait until there are zero differences between the sexes so that everyone and thing will blend together...looks, feelings, abilities, principles, sexually non-existent, all of it.

Screw the natural order of things!


34sDad

Registered:
Posts: 128
Reply with quote  #40 
I assume you're being sarcastic.  If not we could always go back to the good old days where women weren't informed enough to vote, too fragile for sports, too weak to be fireman/cops and not intelligent enough for careers in math or science.  
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 1,170
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
Gosh, I just can't wait until there are zero differences between the sexes so that everyone and thing will blend together...looks, feelings, abilities, principles, sexually non-existent, all of it.

Screw the natural order of things!




Haven't you heard, janie? There are at least 18 different genders (maybe more) – as identified by the crazy crowd, otherwise known as progressives.

It's good to know you and I and a few other folks in America remain steadfastly old school when it comes to understanding the biological differences between the only two real genders: male and female.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 3,305
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Haven't you heard, janie? There are at least 18 different genders (maybe more) – as identified by the crazy crowd, otherwise known as progressives.

It's good to know you and I and a few other folks in America remain steadfastly old school when it comes to understanding the biological differences between the only two real genders: male and female.



He made them male and female...complementary to each other...with different roles to fulfill.

Women coaching men in sports...no thanks. Men have already been feminized and emasculated enough, thanks!
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 211
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34sDad
The comments about the appropriateness of women coaching or physiological differences are exactly the reasons Mowins comments are a big deal.  It'll be "no deal" when people don't care if its a woman or a man coaching either gender.


it will never not be a "big deal."  when this is done, they will always find another windmill to tilt at....they'll always find another "enemy" to slay or institution to destroy.   That's the essence of political power.   This is just the chosen means to an end.

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.