Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 16 of 25     «   Prev   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   Next   »
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,033
Reply with quote  #451 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
All three can host without one being knocked out. Auburn beating Kentucky H to H gives them the edge and Michigan doesnt have the top 25 wins to take Auburn’s spot. An SEC tournament run by Kentucky and Miss state is the only thing that will knock Auburn out of a hosting job.
Michigan has NO shot to host if Minnesota didn't host last year
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 466
Reply with quote  #452 
Agree, I took them off my bubble team list this week.
__________________
sl
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #453 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
What does Auburn have that I'm not seeing?



Nothing.  They are playing their worst at the worst possible time.

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 320
Reply with quote  #454 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU
Winning the SEC Tourney would require a 4-0 outing. I really think it depends on what other bubble host teams do. Arkansas seems to have a better resume, even though we beat them 2 of 3. Other teams to watch are Baylor, Long Beach, and Alabama. Michigan losing to Indiana helps our cause. Beating Chattanooga and going 2-1 in Columbia would get us to 42-15. You just never know what the committee is going to do.


I think it will take a run to the title game.  If the bracket gods somehow lets us beat the teams closest to us in the RPI and/or upset UF, then 3 wins would get us hosting.
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 320
Reply with quote  #455 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwstock


I think it will take a run to the title game.  If the bracket gods somehow lets us beat the teams closest to us in the RPI and/or upset UF, then 3 wins would get us hosting.


And the bracket today would facilitate that.  We'd open with bama, play UF in the next round...followed by most likely a winner of A&M/UT.
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 545
Reply with quote  #456 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leip822
All three can host without one being knocked out. Auburn beating Kentucky H to H gives them the edge and Michigan doesnt have the top 25 wins to take Auburn’s spot. An SEC tournament run by Kentucky and Miss state is the only thing that will knock Auburn out of a hosting job.



I'm a Bama fan, but I agree with you. I think Auburn is in good shape to host. I think Arkansas may have a better resume, but AU would be ahead of Alabama, Kentucky, and Baylor at this point. Bama could pass them with a series win over A&M and opening SECT win over AU, but AU would still be 16.  Kentucky and Baylor resumes don't measure up imo.  
sMurph

Registered:
Posts: 545
Reply with quote  #457 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwstock


I think it will take a run to the title game.  If the bracket gods somehow lets us beat the teams closest to us in the RPI and/or upset UF, then 3 wins would get us hosting.



Why would you think AU needs a run to the title game? Who are the teams that you would assess are ahead of AU in the pecking order?  

Arkansas?
Alabama?
Kentucky?
Baylor?
Long Beach St?

3 of those would have to host for AU to be left out of hosting. Which 3 do you think would be ahead of Auburn?
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 320
Reply with quote  #458 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sMurph



Why would you think AU needs a run to the title game? Who are the teams that you would assess are ahead of AU in the pecking order?  

Arkansas?
Alabama?
Kentucky?
Baylor?
Long Beach St?

3 of those would have to host for AU to be left out of hosting. Which 3 do you think would be ahead of Auburn?


I just think the road record is going to push us back further.  Arkansas is ahead of us in that regard.  bama has the BYU win in Seattle, wins at KY (2), home wins vs. FSU and UF, @Arkansas and @ UGA.  I realize that's only 2.  Maybe we get the last spot, but at some point a committee will look at that road record and say somebody else deserves it....or there's just too many SEC teams hosting.  If we beat bama, yes, maybe we're back in it, but I think we need 2...and that 2nd one would be a biggie...to offset the 2 loss sweep @ Mizzou.


gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 320
Reply with quote  #459 
Apparently, the NCAA committee is trying to save money rather than balance out the 1/2 seeds in the regional.  Maybe they will make JSU, KSU and Auburn share a MegaBus and a Super 8 motel for the regional as well.   Here's hoping for a big upset and a Super Regional somewhere else...not banking on it though.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 860
Reply with quote  #460 
We did this to ourselves with the way we finished the season.
__________________
War Eagle!
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #461 
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4AU
We did this to ourselves with the way we finished the season.


I agree, but I am pissed that they chose UK. We swept them and they won 1/3 of their SEC games. I get they had a tough schedule, but they need to use common sense.
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 320
Reply with quote  #462 
I guess giving UK the host was a nod to the SEC overall.  We didn't deserve to host for sure with our road record in conference play.  But UK won 2/3 vs. USC last weekend and 2-2 vs. LSU and otherwise was 4-14 in SEC play outside of those two series.   They were outscored 109-68 in SEC play, so maybe LBSU or someone else deserved that last regional.  I just know that we weren't bad enough to have to play a national #6 seed.   I would have rather travelled to AZ for games against either of those two teams.  For now, let's beat Kennesaw St. again, and then I'll gripe about the next game.
texassmallball

Registered:
Posts: 233
Reply with quote  #463 
Eerily quiet on the Plains!

Now that the season is over for Auburn...thoughts on the new coach.

Watching on TV it looks to me like the players were not all about the Mickey Dean show. They didn't seem to play hard for him, certainly not like they played for Myers. I wonder just how many of the players really liked Myers and didn't have a problem with the way he ran the program. 

It wouldn't be surprising if Martin leaves. She rolled her eyes more than once over pitches being called. Doesn't seem like she is a fan.
Waterboy77

Registered:
Posts: 49
Reply with quote  #464 
Quote:
Originally Posted by texassmallball
Eerily quiet on the Plains!

Now that the season is over for Auburn...thoughts on the new coach.

Watching on TV it looks to me like the players were not all about the Mickey Dean show. They didn't seem to play hard for him, certainly not like they played for Myers. I wonder just how many of the players really liked Myers and didn't have a problem with the way he ran the program. 

It wouldn't be surprising if Martin leaves. She rolled her eyes more than once over pitches being called. Doesn't seem like she is a fan.


That program has been through a lot. I know a few that are happy to be done playing there.  Would not say it is all because of Dean.  A senior is going to find it hard to buy-in or invest in a new staff when they know they are graduating. Dean is tough to play for but he knows his stuff.  I think it will take him a couple years to clean up and create the culture he wants there.


CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #465 
The AU softball forum has some interesting thoughts on the season from some (appears to be) people in-the-know.  
__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
texassmallball

Registered:
Posts: 233
Reply with quote  #466 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop
The AU softball forum has some interesting thoughts on the season from some (appears to be) people in-the-know.  


That is a great thread.

People actually talking in a calm manner with facts at hand. No one shouting down a poster or getting butt hurt because they may have a strong opinion. Well done Auburn-ites.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 860
Reply with quote  #467 
Quote:
Originally Posted by texassmallball


That is a great thread.

People actually talking in a calm manner with facts at hand. No one shouting down a poster or getting butt hurt because they may have a strong opinion. Well done Auburn-ites.


That’s how we roll on the Plains 😉.

Seriously, come to Auburn for sofball or any sporting event, and you will not be disappointed in our campus or fan base.

__________________
War Eagle!
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,930
Reply with quote  #468 
Still waiting to see what the potential carnage is/will be from Dean's Exit Interviews.

If any. 
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #469 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Still waiting to see what the potential carnage is/will be from Dean's Exit Interviews.

If any. 


Martin is the key - if she bolts, there will be serious ripple-effects through the program.

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,930
Reply with quote  #470 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop


Martin is the key - if she bolts, there will be serious ripple-effects through the program.


They are royally screwed if she leaves. Short a big time pitching transfer.
whatusmokin

Registered:
Posts: 244
Reply with quote  #471 
I hear there may be looking for a Good transfer as it may be harder to get a recruit or transfer better than Good. It may be a Good time for Dean to look at his previous success before it is as Good as gone. I do not know what it would take to get on their Good side to bring in a player of that level. Dean knows what is Good for him, but is that player Good to go?
Mudcat

Registered:
Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #472 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatusmokin
I hear there may be looking for a Good transfer as it may be harder to get a recruit or transfer better than Good. It may be a Good time for Dean to look at his previous success before it is as Good as gone. I do not know what it would take to get on their Good side to bring in a player of that level. Dean knows what is Good for him, but is that player Good to go?

I’m dizzy after reading that! Lol!

__________________
Respect All...FEAR NONE!!!
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,930
Reply with quote  #473 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatusmokin
I hear there may be looking for a Good transfer as it may be harder to get a recruit or transfer better than Good. It may be a Good time for Dean to look at his previous success before it is as Good as gone. I do not know what it would take to get on their Good side to bring in a player of that level. Dean knows what is Good for him, but is that player Good to go?


Ye I'm sure he is but if she has requested her release I think somebody would know already. 

What is the deadline for requesting release? Sometime in July maybe? 
KYBandit

Registered:
Posts: 407
Reply with quote  #474 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatusmokin
I hear there may be looking for a Good transfer as it may be harder to get a recruit or transfer better than Good. It may be a Good time for Dean to look at his previous success before it is as Good as gone. I do not know what it would take to get on their Good side to bring in a player of that level. Dean knows what is Good for him, but is that player Good to go?


I am not sure what came about but there was some discussion that the SEC only accepted senior graduate transfers.  If that is true Good did not graduate this spring.

Good's family attended every JMU game this season including Hawaii.  They are locals, I know it's hard to understand but they don't run in the big time softball circles.  Her dad still carries a flip phone and I can promise he has never heard of Robocoach.

For Good to transfer there would almost have to be some type of tampering to happen.  They wouldn't just up and ask for a release.  There are only a couple people that the Good's know that have the ability to even look for a new school for her.  

I know the Good's are forever grateful for coach Dean and they give him a ton of credit for making her into one of the top pitcher's in the country.  That being said I am putting the odds of Good playing at JMU next year at about 98.9%.

Add to it that it is very likely that JMU will be better than Auburn next season, doesn't make a lot of sense to transfer for 1 year.  Prior to this year JMU played Auburn 3 times with much better tiger teams and JMU won 2 of the 3 games with 3 different JMU starting pitchers.  I get the chance to play in the SEC, a few more team flights etc etc, just not sure those things are at the top of their list.


outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,930
Reply with quote  #475 
Great post Bandit and I'd bet your probably spot on about Good. 

I hope she stays @ JMU.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 533
Reply with quote  #476 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Still waiting to see what the potential carnage is/will be from Dean's Exit Interviews.

If any. 


I am hearing rumors that at least two players have asked for their release.
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 257
Reply with quote  #477 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


I am hearing rumors that at least two players have asked for their release.


Don't know names yet?

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 533
Reply with quote  #478 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop


Don't know names yet?


Names I heard were not major contributors this season and are probably transferring in search of playing time.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 373
Reply with quote  #479 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


Names I heard were not major contributors this season and are probably transferring in search of playing time.


Mak Martin isn’t going anywhere, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kara Bilodeau (Canadian pitcher) move on.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 533
Reply with quote  #480 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334


Mak Martin isn’t going anywhere, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Kara Bilodeau (Canadian pitcher) move on.


That would be a VERY GOOD guess at one of the two names I heard.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.