Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 15 of 23     «   Prev   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   Next   »
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #421 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
I didn’t think that the SEC took senior transfers, do they?


I am pretty sure they take them in football, I would think they would in other sports too...
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 214
Reply with quote  #422 
My sources have told me that SEC wont allow a player in with less than 2 yrs of eligibility left, could be wrong but that's what she said.  And she is a coach in the SEC.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #423 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler
My sources have told me that SEC wont allow a player in with less than 2 yrs of eligibility left, could be wrong but that's what she said.  And she is a coach in the SEC.


I found this from an article last year discussing an SEC football transfer:

"The SEC’s university presidents voted Friday morning to change the league’s graduate transfer rule, putting it slightly more in line with the rest of the NCAA. SEC schools are now prohibited from taking a graduate transfer for one year — reduced from three — if that program’s previous graduate transfer failed to make adequate academic progress.

The previous SEC rule was first added in 2010 after Ole Miss accepted quarterback Jeremiah Masoli as a graduate transfer and he left the school after one semester. Initially, the rule required a five-year ban on graduate transfers in such cases. That was reduced to three in 2014.

No other NCAA Division I football conference has any similar restrictions on incoming graduate transfers, something athletic directors cited throughout this week as a reason to change the rule."

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/sec-graduate-transfer-greg-sankey-zaire

CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 745
Reply with quote  #424 
I know Florida specifically cannot take one year transfers. I don’t know about the rest of the SEC.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,886
Reply with quote  #425 
Got about 4 different answers in the above posts so not sure what the ACTUAL Rule is. Still it sounds like each school pretty much does their own thing in regards to Graduate Transfers. 

IF Good wanted to go to Auburn, pretty sure Dean would find a way..within the framework of the SEC transfer rules of course.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 6,630
Reply with quote  #426 
I know this rule has been posted before, but it appears the SEC, and Florida, do indeed accept graduate transfers.

SEC changes graduate transfer rule opens door for Malik Zaire to Florida



https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2017/06/02/sec-graduate-transfer-rule-change-malik-zaire/102428390/

Specific to Auburn:

AUBURN FOOTBALL ADDS GRADUATE TRANSFER CASEY DUNN

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/022217aaa.html

__________________
Dewey/Will_I_Wynn is our forum moderator and is allowing a poster to call for the assassination of our President
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,886
Reply with quote  #427 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBandit


You do realize that JMU is likely to make the tournament without Good this year.  Their #1 and #2 pitcher's have an era of 1.88 and .91.. So not sure how your Pickett reference makes any sense.

Yes JMU schedule is down this year but those are still really nice numbers.

Auburn is hitting .204 in Conf, as Tru dat used to love to say about Dean's team in Harrisonburg.  Take Auburn's 2 pitchers away and they are just like every other team in the CAA.

JMU has beat Auburn 2 out of the last 3 times they have played them.  Assuming Good does return and can be as good as she was in the past JMU will be better than Auburn next year, likely much better as JMU only loses 1 key player.  Unless Auburn has some really good players that can come in and help right away they are going to be real hurt by the graduation of Carslon.

Good's parents are still traveling with the team this year to every game including Hawaii.  If I had to bet as of today it would be that Good will play at JMU next season.  I wouldn't be shocked bc of her past with Dean if she was able to graduate from JMU then play next season at Auburn.  I would be shocked if she played at any other school than those 2 but a lot can happen over the next 3 to 4 months. 


With a current RPI of 29 sure, I can see them in the field.

I was referencing the JMU 2019 Season with Megan Good and her having to throw a truckload of innings next year. Similar to what Pickett is doing this year at UNC.

My sarcasm was because I think it's a bit naive to think she would return to JMU when, she could go to any top program and have a legit shot at a NC. If she does return, that is awesome for JMU and certainly says much to her loyalty & desire to finish out her career where it started. 

Where she will end up is one of the bigger stories for next few months. Looking forward to watching it develop.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,722
Reply with quote  #428 
I mean I know I don’t have a firm grasp on it but aren’t graduate transfers outside the conference always accepted? I thought it was graduate transfers within the conference that were the issue (re:Maurice Smith from Bama to UGA)?? Bama has taken Jake Coker and Gehrig Dieter as grad transfers (granted Coker had two years).
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #429 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
I mean I know I don’t have a firm grasp on it but aren’t graduate transfers outside the conference always accepted? I thought it was graduate transfers within the conference that were the issue (re:Maurice Smith from Bama to UGA)?? Bama has taken Jake Coker and Gehrig Dieter as grad transfers (granted Coker had two years).


I am pretty sure football players who transfer between schools in the SEC must sit a year regardless of their status.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,722
Reply with quote  #430 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


I am pretty sure football players who transfer between schools in the SEC must sit a year regardless of their status.


I think that was lifted with the Mo Smith transfer.
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 441
Reply with quote  #431 
Good would not have to throw at all a truckload of innings next year. Her along with Odicci Alexander, Payton Buresch, and an incoming freshman Katie Kudlacik, they will split innings, yes good will get a lot, but not throw triple the innings of everyone else combined. Pickett is overworked, I don't think she can keep going like this IMO.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,886
Reply with quote  #432 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion
Good would not have to throw at all a truckload of innings next year. Her along with Odicci Alexander, Payton Buresch, and an incoming freshman Katie Kudlacik, they will split innings, yes good will get a lot, but not throw triple the innings of everyone else combined. Pickett is overworked, I don't think she can keep going like this IMO.


We agree on Pickett.

So I guess you're the new Pitching Coach @ JMU? Cause if you are and you are really going to throw a Freshman who, no doubt you've probably never seen, and will take ANY innings from Buresch, Alexander & Good...I wouldn't be signing a rental agreement longer than the Softball Season. You'd make her parents really happy though, guess that's something. 

Does Coach Laporte know about this yet?
smcouvillion

Registered:
Posts: 441
Reply with quote  #433 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


We agree on Pickett.

So I guess you're the new Pitching Coach @ JMU? Cause if you are and you are really going to throw a Freshman who, no doubt you've probably never seen, and will take ANY innings from Buresch, Alexander & Good...I wouldn't be signing a rental agreement longer than the Softball Season. You'd make her parents really happy though, guess that's something. 

Does Coach Laporte know about this yet?


I'm just saying that you all think Good is going to turn into pickett senior season. They are going to have I think 6 pitchers, 3 of whom have sub 2 era's. Alexander and Buresch have over 100 innings each and both have sub 2 era's, so why would they overwork Good when they have 2 other pitchers with good era's?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,886
Reply with quote  #434 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcouvillion


I'm just saying that you all think Good is going to turn into pickett senior season. They are going to have I think 6 pitchers, 3 of whom have sub 2 era's. Alexander and Buresch have over 100 innings each and both have sub 2 era's, so why would they overwork Good when they have 2 other pitchers with good era's?


Let's start by assuming Good will return to JMU. Then you have to look at what kind of pre-season schedule JMU will play.  And they have to win the CAA, especially if they want to Host. A very good National Ranking won't hurt either but Good alone won't buy them that much goodwill. They have to play a competitive schedule. 

As far as that crowed bullpen you say they will have..rest assure if Good is healthy, 3 pitchers MAX will get any real innings. Whatever the ERAs are now is irrelevant to next year. Just knowing what we know now, Alexander & Buresch might possibly split the other half of the innings Good doesn't throw. They have to win ball games and Good gives them a chance to beat any team while currently, they can't compete with the top programs. They lost to Long Beach St when they weren't ranked and the only win against a ranked team was California. 

Megan Good allows them to be in every game...but she can't put runs on the board for JMU from the circle. A 2019 schedule with Good may look very different than one without her on he Roster.
AUWhiskey

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #435 
Hijacking the Megan Good thread back to Auburn softball:  Auburn rebounded from its two losses at Mizzou with an 11-1 run-rule victory over Arkansas.  Carlson went 4 innings, giving way to Harris for the fifth.  Haff started for the Razorbacks, but left early in the second, replaced by Hedgcock. Morgan Podany had the big hit, a bases loaded double that put AU on the scoreboard.  Arkansas pitching walked in at least three runs as Auburn put up 7 in the second.  Rivera with a later two-run dinger (8).  Warrick finished up for Arkansas.  Doubleheader today in anticipation of Sunday rain.
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 319
Reply with quote  #436 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUWhiskey
Hijacking the Megan Good thread back to Auburn softball:  Auburn rebounded from its two losses at Mizzou with an 11-1 run-rule victory over Arkansas.  Carlson went 4 innings, giving way to Harris for the fifth.  Haff started for the Razorbacks, but left early in the second, replaced by Hedgcock. Morgan Podany had the big hit, a bases loaded double that put AU on the scoreboard.  Arkansas pitching walked in at least three runs as Auburn put up 7 in the second.  Rivera with a later two-run dinger (8).  Warrick finished up for Arkansas.  Doubleheader today in anticipation of Sunday rain.


Poor defense cost us the first game, 4-2 Arkansas in 10 innings.  4 errors were the difference in this game as it should have ended prior to extra's.

Some clutch hitting in game two and the score is reversed...4-2 and Auburn wins the series and probably keeps itself in good shape to host.  I thought we put enough balls in play to sweep, but Arkansas deserves credit for preventing that....they were as good as Auburn today for sure.
AUWhiskey

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #437 
Arkansas has come a long way in the past two years.  The freshman pitcher got rattled Friday night, or that would have been a closer game.  Still, I agree we would have won Game 2 without Martin's errant throw.  Encouraged that the girls came back after losing 
game 2 and going down 0-2 in Game 3.

I'm wondering if Taylon Snow should move to second next year.  She has the weakest arm in the infield.  Or is that injury bothering her?
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 319
Reply with quote  #438 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUWhiskey
Arkansas has come a long way in the past two years.  The freshman pitcher got rattled Friday night, or that would have been a closer game.  Still, I agree we would have won Game 2 without Martin's errant throw.  Encouraged that the girls came back after losing 
game 2 and going down 0-2 in Game 3.

I'm wondering if Taylon Snow should move to second next year.  She has the weakest arm in the infield.  Or is that injury bothering her?


The shoulder injury I'm aware for Taylon was to her non-throwing shoulder.   She doesn't throw as hard now as I saw her in fall, but I'm not sure if that's something that could be improved on or not.  Otherwise, I concur that she might be better at 2nd.  Dowell has the arm and a solid glove, but less range (in my opinion) than Taylon Snow.  Snow and McCrackin are hitting.  We need to figure out how to get Veach, Dowell and Perry going so that we can have some tougher decisions about lineups.
CrowHop

Registered:
Posts: 242
Reply with quote  #439 
Wow, what a sad end to the SEC schedule for Auburn.  Hitting dwindled to nothing, and the coaching decisions during the games were....interesting, to say the least.    With all that was on the line, Im surprised Dean ran Swindle out there.

Will Martin transfer?

Will AU host a regional?

__________________
Your pitcher is illegal.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 859
Reply with quote  #440 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop
Wow, what a sad end to the SEC schedule for Auburn.  Hitting dwindled to nothing, and the coaching decisions during the games were....interesting, to say the least.    With all that was on the line, Im surprised Dean ran Swindle out there.

Will Martin transfer?

Will AU host a regional?


1) I sure hope she doesn’t.
2) It looks doubtful now. Wins over Chattanooga will not boost Auburn’s resume. The SEC Tourney is Auburn’s only shot, and it may take 2 wins there to feel good about hosting. A lot will depend on what other bubble host teams do.

__________________
War Eagle!
gtwstock

Registered:
Posts: 319
Reply with quote  #441 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowHop
Wow, what a sad end to the SEC schedule for Auburn.  Hitting dwindled to nothing, and the coaching decisions during the games were....interesting, to say the least.    With all that was on the line, Im surprised Dean ran Swindle out there.

Will Martin transfer?

Will AU host a regional?


Why would Martin transfer?   I cannot fathom a situation other than winning the SEC Tournament that would have us hosting  We were 2-9 on the road in SEC play vs. LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri and A&M.  We're not going to overcome that with a 2-1 SECT record.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 859
Reply with quote  #442 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwstock


Why would Martin transfer?   I cannot fathom a situation other than winning the SEC Tournament that would have us hosting  We were 2-9 on the road in SEC play vs. LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri and A&M.  We're not going to overcome that with a 2-1 SECT record.


Winning the SEC Tourney would require a 4-0 outing. I really think it depends on what other bubble host teams do. Arkansas seems to have a better resume, even though we beat them 2 of 3. Other teams to watch are Baylor, Long Beach, and Alabama. Michigan losing to Indiana helps our cause.

Beating Chattanooga and going 2-1 in Columbia would get us to 42-15. You just never know what the committee is going to do.

__________________
War Eagle!
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #443 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwstock
Why would Martin transfer?   I cannot fathom a situation other than winning the SEC Tournament that would have us hosting  We were 2-9 on the road in SEC play vs. LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri and A&M.  We're not going to overcome that with a 2-1 SECT record.


Dean's coaching style is not for everyone and is a radical departure from Clint's. 
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 466
Reply with quote  #444 
Auburn may not have had the best year in SEC play but their resume is still stronger than teams like Alabama, Kentucky, Michigan and other regionals host bubble teams. I think they will host a regional maybe 14th or 15th seed.
__________________
sl
AUWhiskey

Registered:
Posts: 156
Reply with quote  #445 
Auburn may be hurt by the fact that their SEC schedule is finished.  Alabama gets A&M in Tuscaloosa next weekend, and Arkansas goes for the sweep against Ole Miss tonight.
leip822

Registered:
Posts: 466
Reply with quote  #446 
All three can host without one being knocked out. Auburn beating Kentucky H to H gives them the edge and Michigan doesnt have the top 25 wins to take Auburn’s spot. An SEC tournament run by Kentucky and Miss state is the only thing that will knock Auburn out of a hosting job.
__________________
sl
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #447 
If Auburn does not get to host a regional I hope Dean learns a lesson and does not schedule a bunch of cupcakes next season...
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 859
Reply with quote  #448 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD
If Auburn does not get to host a regional I hope Dean learns a lesson and does not schedule a bunch of cupcakes next season...


This was Clint’s schedule. Dean will make his mark next season.

__________________
War Eagle!
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,908
Reply with quote  #449 
All I’m saying is I don’t think there is anyone that wants to see Auburn come to their regional. Bracket buster all day
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 523
Reply with quote  #450 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
All I’m saying is I don’t think there is anyone that wants to see Auburn come to their regional. Bracket buster all day


I bet aTm would welcome them back for another ass kicking...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.