Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 41 of 58     «   Prev   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   Next   »
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1201 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


But Murphy has no problem beating Gasso.


Really?  Head-to-head meetings in the last two years would seem to indicate a tiny bit of a problem.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #1202 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Really?  Head-to-head meetings in the last two years would seem to indicate a tiny bit of a problem.


Did you specify that? Nah, you didn't. Murphy has beaten Gasso before and will more than likely beat her again. 

And please, don't act like Saban never beat Stoops. You're just focused on most recent results and trying to make that the be-all, end-all. It's not.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1203 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan


Did you specify that? Nah, you didn't. Murphy has beaten Gasso before and will more than likely beat her again. 

And please, don't act like Saban never beat Stoops. You're just focused on most recent results and trying to make that the be-all, end-all. It's not.


A Saban coached Alabama team has not defeated a Stoops coached OU team.

And your claims about Murphy-Gasso are partly right. Murphy has beaten Gasso before, though not recently.  Since Patty will probably retire within five years, and with the players she's bringing to Norman in the next 2-3 years, it's unlikely he'll ever beat her again.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #1204 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


A Saban coached Alabama team has not defeated a Stoops coached OU team.

And your claims about Murphy-Gasso are partly right. Murphy has beaten Gasso before, though not recently.  Since Patty will probably retire within five years, and with the players she's bringing to Norman in the next 2-3 years, it's unlikely he'll ever beat her again.


Which is really the only victory you claim, and it's a small one. Saban's win might've came at LSU, but it was for the national title, so you know... I'm sure Stoops is a lot more bummed about that 0-1 against Saban for a national championship than he is happy to be 1-0 against Saban at Bama.

As for Gasso and Murphy... We'll see. The games aren't played or decided based off of recruiting rankings, but you know that.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1205 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan
Which is really the only victory you claim, and it's a small one. Saban's win might've came at LSU, but it was for the national title, so you know... I'm sure Stoops is a lot more bummed about that 0-1 against Saban for a national championship than he is happy to be 1-0 against Saban at Bama. As for Gasso and Murphy... We'll see. The games aren't played or decided based off of recruiting rankings, but you know that.


You're right, big fella (or little woman – whatever the case).  Games are not decided by recruiting rankings. If they were, SEC teams would have to expand their trophy cases.

Championships are won with a combination of great players and great coaching. Fortunately for Oklahoma fans, the Sooners softball program can lay claim to having both.

Let this sink in: The OU softball program has won more national titles than all SEC teams combined.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #1206 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


A Saban coached Alabama team has not defeated a Stoops coached OU team.



Hang on to that one game for as long as you can.  You don't want to ask us if we have one second (still referencing back to AU ... it's becoming my specialty).

I'll add one for you too, A Saban-coached Alabama team has not defeated a Weatherbie-coached ULM team.

Oh crap, I forgot another one.  A Saban-coached Alabama team has not defeated a Meyer-coached tOSU team.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #1207 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe
Let this sink in: The OU softball program has won more national titles than all SEC teams combined.


Oh I'm absolutely devastated by the news. I think I'll go ask Lincoln for a hug so he can console me.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,255
Reply with quote  #1208 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


Hang on to that one game for as long as you can.  You don't want to ask us if we have one second (still referencing back to AU ... it's becoming my specialty).

I'll add one for you too, A Saban-coached Alabama team has not defeated a Weatherbie-coached ULM team.


Well we all know what happens when OU football starts singing the national title song too early.....WE ARE THE CH[okers]...."
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1209 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Well we all know what happens when OU football starts singing the national title song too early.....WE ARE THE CH[okers]...."


Let me know if/when an OU fan predicts a national title two games into the season.  I'll set the moron straight.

Besides, we all know Bama is unbeatable, especially now that Stoops is retired.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1210 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan
Oh I'm absolutely devastated by the news. I think I'll go ask Lincoln for a hug so he can console me.


I'll warn coach about the cooties.
Oldlefty12

Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #1211 


Some people are starting to make a push for Chris Steiner-Wilcoxson. Any thoughts?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd0AtjVW6NHMlacH9Q3sQv2ViXRKWQdZgo3y990mNLesWBTDg/viewform
TaacAsunSunblt

Registered:
Posts: 123
Reply with quote  #1212 
She was one of the finalist for the Troy job. 
boomstick

Registered:
Posts: 31
Reply with quote  #1213 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough


More troubling info?  Like what?


A BIG problem with the women's basketball team and other, similar complaints from the soccer and equestrian teams that were handled in similar fashion to the complaints from the softball team. At least, those are the rumors.
BAMASportzLuvr

Registered:
Posts: 267
Reply with quote  #1214 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU


Fortunately, nobody at Auburn cares what you think.  You can spew your "hostile environment" nonsense until you are literally blue in the face and it will have zero impact because what you think and what is reality are not one and the same.
 

If nobody cares, you contradict yourself.................again. [confused][rolleyes]

__________________
At UA we know you are not going to beat us, we ONLY beat ourselves. And that is seldom! Know what is wrong with the human population? PEOPLE
fireballroberts

Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #1215 
The names I have heard is James Madison's coach and assist. Gerry Glasco, Jimmy Kolitas, LSU's assist coach. The coach from ASU is not on the short list nor being considered. Some folks can make a push but it's not going to happen.

Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 421
Reply with quote  #1216 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WentyardAU
If she says that Santa Clause joined in and brought gifts, does that make it true?  I do get a great laugh when I read some of the posts on here.  It proves just how easy it is to get some people to believe anything.

If Alexa Nemeth's assertions in the video that Corey was still hanging around the softball complex after his "dismissal" on March 30th that is going to be a YUGE ($1 to Donald Trump) problem for Jay Jacobs.  And if Jay Jacobs assertion that he dismissed Corey on March 30th is true, Clint Myer's comments right afterwards, "I would love to have Corey back and would take him back in a heartbeat" ruins Clint's credibility.  You can choose who you want to believe, but Alexa's assertions should be pretty easy to verify by interviewing other players on the team.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #1217 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


But Murphy has no problem beating Gasso.


He's had plenty of problems beating Auburn the last few years though.
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #1218 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireballroberts
The names I have heard is James Madison's coach and assist. Gerry Glasco, Jimmy Kolitas, LSU's assist coach. The coach from ASU is not on the short list nor being considered. Some folks can make a push but it's not going to happen.



Just heard this morning that Dean is the leading candidate. Would be a good hire considering the circumstances.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 541
Reply with quote  #1219 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD

If Alexa Nemeth's assertions in the video that Corey was still hanging around the softball complex after his "dismissal" on March 30th that is going to be a YUGE ($1 to Donald Trump) problem for Jay Jacobs.  And if Jay Jacobs assertion that he dismissed Corey on March 30th is true, Clint Myer's comments right afterwards, "I would love to have Corey back and would take him back in a heartbeat" ruins Clint's credibility.  You can chose you want to believe, but Alexa's assertions should be pretty easy to verify by interviewing other players on the team.


Couldn't agree more. 

From reading this thread it appears that this type of situation happens more than one would think, and those coaches usually end up coaching again at different schools.  The reason is because everyone decides to KEEP IT QUIET.  Nevermind that by keeping it quiet you allow the coach to keep his good reputation which allows him the opportunity to do the same thing with different players at a different school. 

In my perfect world, here's what should have happened.  When Jacobs was asked if there was an investigation of Corey, instead of lying, Jacobs should have said "there was an investigation and when confronted with evidence of a serious breach of the AU code of conduct, Corey Meyers chose to resign.  Contrary to statements made by the head coach, Corey Meyers will not be considered for re-hire, at least not as long as i am the AD.  Given that this is a personnel matter, I will have no further comment." 

Instead he chose to KEEP IT QUIET and apparently allowed Corey back on campus.   
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #1220 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
He's had plenty of problems beating Auburn the last few years though.


How many of those against the ace?
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #1221 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
He's had plenty of problems beating Auburn the last few years though.


Going 6-4 in the greatest years of your program's existence is some real chest-beating stuff.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1222 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


How many of those against the ace?


How many of those OU wins were against the Bama ace?

Can you say "All of them?"  [wink]
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #1223 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


How many of those OU wins were against the Bama ace?

Can you say "All of them?"  [wink]


Your desire to hang an OU banner every chance you get is as comical as it is sad.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #1224 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


How many of those OU wins were against the Bama ace?

Can you say "All of them?"  [wink]


So OU is 3-2 vs. Osorio.  Did I calculate all of that correctly?   In post-season play, they are 2-2.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1225 
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGASBFan
Your desire to hang an OU banner every chance you get is as comical as it is sad.


Yeah, sure. Paraphrasing the great Johnny Rivers: "If you look closely, you'll see the tracks of my tears."

What's truly sad is the everlasting butthurt of SEC fans who just can't get over their conference's inability to beat a lowly team from the Big 12.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #1226 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Yeah, sure. Paraphrasing the great Johnny Rivers: "If you look closely, you'll see the tracks of my tears."

What's truly sad is the everlasting butthurt of SEC fans who just can't get over their conference's inability to beat the only team from the Big 12.


Fixed that for you.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1227 
Yep: Everlasting butthurt!
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #1228 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe
Yep: Everlasting butthurt!


If you think that's what I'm butthurt about, you clearly don't understand the situation.

The only thing I'm truly butthurt about is that dang foul/fair ball call in 2009, and that regional championship game in Tallahassee in 2002.
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #1229 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe


Yeah, sure. Paraphrasing the great Johnny Rivers: "If you look closely, you'll see the tracks of my tears."

What's truly sad is the everlasting butthurt of SEC fans who just can't get over their conference's inability to beat a lowly team from the Big 12.


Fun fact: No one (read as: the people I've spoken to) sits at home crying about OU. The fact that you think so, however, says a lot about you. You are constantly on the defensive, consistently reminding (or I guess we could say stomping about like a toddler even) that your mighty OU is the best thing you've seen since sliced bread. Not only that, but that EVERYONE (read as: no one) is just big mad they didn't get Lincoln Riley as their coach. Your constant need to defend OU is sad; the school and the abilities of the athletes there more than speak for themselves, enough so that it doesn't need a constant defender on standby to throw about the accomplishments of the school. A person could tell you they like OU and mean no harm but you would still find the one negative comment in the post and sit on it for weeks. Months even. For what exactly?

OU doesn't need you to feel big, you need them.
scrybe

Registered:
Posts: 236
Reply with quote  #1230 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


If you think that's what I'm butthurt about, you clearly don't understand the situation.

The only thing I'm truly butthurt about is that dang foul/fair ball call in 2009, and that regional championship game in Tallahassee in 2002.


Does 15 years qualify for "everlasting" butthurt.  We could go with "eternal."

Here's the straight skinny: If your beloved Tide, Tigers, Gators or any other SEC team beats OU in next year's WCWS, Sooner fans be disappointed, for sure.  But we'll also get over it, give the winner their due and move on.  Pretty good way to deal with disappointment. Why don't you give it a try?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.