Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 56      1   2   3   4   Next   »
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #1 
I decided to make one thread for all AU discussion.

Confirmed: Tannon Snow did not travel with the Tigers to Puerto Vallarta

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/02/tannon_snow_not_with_auburn_so.html

 
 
 
Quote:

Tannon Snow not with Auburn softball team for season-opening trip to Mexico

 
Kendall Veach
Kendall Veach will start at first base for Auburn softball with Tannon Snow out due to illness. (Dakota Sumpter/Auburn Athletics) (Dakota Sumpter)
James Crepea | <a href=jcrepea@al.com" id="avatar_author" data-position="byline-avatar" class="Avatar bbc_img" data-original="http://media.al.com/avatars/12517520.png" src="http://image.al.com/home/bama-media/width40/img/avatars/12517520.png" /> By James Crepea | jcrepea@al.com AL.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 08, 2017 at 10:53 AM, updated February 08, 2017 at 10:54 AM
 
 
 

Already ruled out of playing in Thursday's season-opener, Auburn softball infielder Tannon Snow did not make the trip with the team to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Auburn coach Clint Myers said Snow, who is out indefinitely due to an undisclosed illness, is recuperating on the Plains.

"We just kind of have to wait to see what the doctors say," Myers said. "Once she's able to get back out there then we're going to go but right now it's just getting her healthy."

Sophomore Kandall Veach will start at first base in place of Snow, who hit .230 with six home runs and 24 RBI in 43 starts for Washington last year.

 
 

Veach made one start in 23 appearances last season and had five hits in 19 at-bats with five RBI.

All-American third baseman Kasey Cooper has worked with Veach, who was the backup at third last season, on defense.

"You can't teach her glove," Cooper said. "I watch her glove very day to try to pick up something because she's so smooth with her glove. She's getting so much better with her footwork and she's talking. She's got a great throw. She commands the infield. For me, I love her on the corner. She worked with Jade (Rhodes) and me last year at both sides of the field and she learned so much and she's ready."

 

 


__________________
War Eagle!
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #2 
Auburn vs. Oklahoma Highlights


__________________
War Eagle!
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,152
Reply with quote  #3 
Carlson really aggravates me whiping out that one side of the pitching lane and stepping outside of it every single pitch. Martin is a joy to watch...but Carlson is just ugh.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 877
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Carlson really aggravates me whiping out that one side of the pitching lane and stepping outside of it every single pitch. Martin is a joy to watch...but Carlson is just ugh.


Carlson is illegal on EVERY pitch...why is it never called? She's not rocket science on the mound. Screwball in, Screwrise in. Fundamentally her whole motion is a train wreck but she gets it done...with a little help from the umps. Would like to see either the rules changed or the illegal pitchers start to be made accountable.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #5 

__________________
War Eagle!
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 2,144
Reply with quote  #6 
I specifically looked for her out of the lane and best I could tell, she was landing with part of her shoe on part of the line. I've seen worse.
TaacAsunSunblt

Registered:
Posts: 121
Reply with quote  #7 
Veach may have earned the 1st base spot today - ha!  I forgot how much Auburn lost until after the first three batters I didn't recognize any big names.
mashedpotatoes

Registered:
Posts: 131
Reply with quote  #8 
Maybe just an off night for Auburn against Washington.  They had 10 innings to figure out Alvelo, but couldn't, ending up with just four hits.  Then, the #1 player in all of college softball, (according to wESPN) Kasey Cooper, made an error in the 10th and Washington went on to win the game. 
Mangler

Registered:
Posts: 205
Reply with quote  #9 
Shes outside the lane, but not quite as bad as Barnhill.  Both are illegal.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaacAsunSunblt
Veach may have earned the 1st base spot today - ha!  I forgot how much Auburn lost until after the first three batters I didn't recognize any big names.


Veach and Snow both need to be hitting in Auburn's lineup, and I think AU definitely missed Tannon last night. 

Alvelo really settled in after the first, and proved that Auburn's offense has a lot of work to do. 

I thought Martin and Carlson both pitched well. No complaints from me for how they both performed in either game against Oklahoma and Washington. 

__________________
War Eagle!
ZTE

Registered:
Posts: 593
Reply with quote  #11 
24 Ks for the Tigers so far
ZTE

Registered:
Posts: 593
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Carlson is illegal on EVERY pitch...why is it never called? She's not rocket science on the mound. Screwball in, Screwrise in. Fundamentally her whole motion is a train wreck but she gets it done...with a little help from the umps. Would like to see either the rules changed or the illegal pitchers start to be made accountable.


       MOUND?

RahOKU

Registered:
Posts: 1,203
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTE


       MOUND?



Yeah, it's weird hearing the circle called a "mound." OU Coach Gasso refers to the "mound" all the time.
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 572
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RahOKU


Yeah, it's weird hearing the circle called a "mound." OU Coach Gasso refers to the "mound" all the time.


Candrea says it all the time. 

__________________
 
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #15 
Auburn escapes with a 3-2 win over Nebraska.


__________________
War Eagle!
Tigers334

Registered:
Posts: 312
Reply with quote  #16 
The offense has a long way to go. Snow will help, but Wallace and Fagan have got to become more consistent. I know Myers has Kasey in the lead off to get her as many ABs as possible, but I really don't like it.
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #17 
Auburn beats BYU 3-0 to wrap up the Triple Crown Tournament in Mexico with a 3-1 record. Martin pitched a gem. She and Carlson had a FANTASTIC opening weekend, but Auburn has to get more productive on offense.


__________________
War Eagle!
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #18 
Highlights from Week 2 games:







__________________
War Eagle!
all4AU

Registered:
Posts: 777
Reply with quote  #19 
Postgame with Assistant Scott Woodard after the Mercer game Sunday:


__________________
War Eagle!
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 357
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers334
The offense has a long way to go. Snow will help, but Wallace and Fagan have got to become more consistent. I know Myers has Kasey in the lead off to get her as many ABs as possible, but I really don't like it.


Rumor I am hearing is that Snow has gone home to try to resolve an undiagnosed medical condition and may be out for the season.
RELAX

Registered:
Posts: 291
Reply with quote  #21 
I hate to hear that. I don't care what team you're on. It's one thing to be out due to an injury, but it gets scary when they can't figure out what's wrong. Good luck to her and her doctors. Pray they are able to figure it out soon and treat it.
sftbll4ever

Registered:
Posts: 221
Reply with quote  #22 
I know a girl from BYU that could not finish her senior year due to an unknown illness.  After returning home and seeing many specialists, she was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease.  Eventually it turned into something more serious and she was unable to return to school.  Prayers to Ms. Snow.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 357
Reply with quote  #23 
Another rumor I heard was that Tannon has an older sister, Talee, whose softball career at UCLA was cut short by an undiagnosed illness...
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,495
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD
Another rumor I heard was that Tannon has an older sister, Talee, whose softball career at UCLA was cut short by an undiagnosed illness...


I looked her up and she only has entries for her freshman and sophomore seasons at UCLA...but it looks like she is doing well regardless if you look at her LinkedIn profile entry.
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 357
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough


I looked her up and she only has entries for her freshman and sophomore seasons at UCLA...but it looks like she is doing well regardless if you look at her LinkedIn profile entry.


Thanks for the follow up.  I have no information on her symptoms, or if they effect her quality of life, or just her ability to play softball.
lotsoffish

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #26 
Talee Snow from what I heard had surgery to remove a rib due to what?  Someone told me her condition was rare, but not uncommon with athletes who work out and get muscle bound. Maybe younger sister has the same condition? Hope not.  Good player. 
MAXX

Registered:
Posts: 109
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoffish
Talee Snow from what I heard had surgery to remove a rib due to what?  Someone told me her condition was rare, but not uncommon with athletes who work out and get muscle bound. Maybe younger sister has the same condition? Hope not.  Good player. 


"Muscle bound?" What exactly are you referring to??....Muscle bound is a figurative term, not a literal term.  A person cannot be "bound" by too much muscle.....it is a myth that flexibility to move is limited by excess muscle.  Performance, however, can be bound by the increased weight of your muscles.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,252
Reply with quote  #28 
Ever see Jose Canseco in the 1990s??? LOL
lotsoffish

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #29 
Frankly, not sure what I am talking about.  Just what I heard. Has to do with too much muscle being affected by or affecting her ribs.  Like I said, do not know what I am talking about. I think I suggested that in my post. 
jmo

Registered:
Posts: 1,054
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX


"Muscle bound?" What exactly are you referring to??....Muscle bound is a figurative term, not a literal term.  A person cannot be "bound" by too much muscle.....it is a myth that flexibility to move is limited by excess muscle.  Performance, however, can be bound by the increased weight of your muscles.


It's called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgery. Talee Snow had it as did Kenzie's Fowler years before.

__________________
"It is better to have loved and lost than to live with a psycho the rest of your life"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.