Originally Posted by Unregistered
Headline makes it sound like this is something new, but I wonder if it's just an "official" restatement of what happened back in August. From the article:
The findings were the result of a Title IX investigation. Here's the timeline:
- Fall 2016: Auburn's Title IX office began investigating Corey Myers.
- May 2017: Former Auburn player Alexa Nemeth filed a Title IX complaint alleging that Corey's behavior created a hostile environment that affected the entire team.
- August 21, 2017: Auburn banned Corey Myers from the university in a terse letter detailing their findings.
- August 23, 2017: Clint Myers abruptly retired and left the Auburn Softball program.
- October 25, 2017: Auburn's Title IX coordinator Kelley Taylor responded to Alexa Nemeth that their office found enough evidence to "support a finding that unwanted sexual conduct occurred" between Corey and other members of the team. However, the office claimed there was not enough evidence that Myers' behavior "created a hostile environment for [players]."