Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 14      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
slc1991

Registered:
Posts: 43
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Ask1

I’d like to address Tori Tysons post this morning that she took down. She is the new pitching coach at Maryland. The posting was interesting but shows a lack of maturity from a D 1 coach. The new Md pitching coach has just brought more drama to drama ridden program. She mention that there were many lies being thrown around defending herself and Wright.                                                                                                                                                            
Tori….the program you are going to has issues…FACT! Many players in their last year got kicked off the team…FACT. Two highly regarded assistance coaches quit Julie Wright….FACT! Travel coaches and recruits are talking about the programs issues…Fact! You have now put your own personal drama into the program. You have current players and future players watching their new coach post on this dumb board. Amazing!! Coach Wright I guess it’s your turn to chime in Too? God knows after this we all know you are on this board too. 

 Julie and Tori here is some more advice. Go focus on your team fix things, stay off this dumb message board and leave all us crazies alone. I can’t believe as D1 coaches you are here arguing with a bunch of people sitting in their cubicles over lunch. I just had Subway, can’t wait to discuss this out here in Colorado this week.



There are issues. BUT one of your facts are wrong. Not ONE player got dismissed from that team, they all LEFT due to Wright and her actions and behavior. All their scholarships were honored so that they wouldn't create a ruckus.
If that was here on 5he board, she will fit right in with the crazies lol
TexasSoftball1199

Registered:
Posts: 337
Reply with quote  #92 
You really can't blame TT for coming on here and defending herself.
Think on the positive side and maybe she will help turn this program around. Still wonder what happened to their pitching coach, the North Carolina grad though.

__________________
Hook 'Em and Sic 'Em
Kellystesteben

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #93 
What exactly is everyone mad about?

-that TT is leaving for a bigger conference, more prestige, more money? That she is wrong to advance her career?
-Yes, weaker team! We alll know. But according to everyone on these threads Maryland could use a strong, confident, empowering woman on staff. So why exactly are we mad that TT is going to Maryland? Take JW out of the picture shouldn't all you parent out there be grateful for a quality person to be on staff if the situation at Maryland is that bad?

-that she spoke and stated herself on a public forum to defend her FAMILY and DAUGHTER? That she didn't coward behind a computer screen and write an anonymous message?

-that she is leaving Fullerton after significantly improving the programs status within the competitive ranks of college softball?

-that TT has undoubtable accomplishments at the DI level while only being in the game for three years-

•Bethune Cookman•
-conference pitcher of the year (NFCA third team all region)

•CSUF•
-Back to back Big West championships (*note-Fullerton had not reached a regional since 2009 prior to Tyson stepping on campus)
-2016, Big West Pitcher of the Year
-2016, Big West Freshman Pitcher of the Year
-2016, First and Second team NFCA All region selection pitchers
-2016, had a top 25 freshman finalist for freshman of the year
-2017, Big West first-team pitcher
-2017, First team All-Region pitcher
-2017, 6 Big West Pitcher of the week honors

-that WE can't say anything negative about her coaching abilities? (Proof is in the pudding)
-that no matter who was stepping in this coaching position that this forum was to tear them apart due the dislike of JW?
-that the people on this forum have such conviction regarding these "facts" that they need to write behind an anonymous username? That WE all realize these are cowardly actions ?
-that we feel need to state out opinions on what is best for for her and her family? Because we all know her so personally, right?
-that we feel so righteous to throw rocks when we all live in glass houses? "Nobody cares that had a daughter out of wedlock way too early in life"
-that the Tyson family has affected a plethora of families and this softball community in a positive way? And that this game has drastically improved because of them? That lives have been changed through all the academic opportunities due to the scholarships they have received through their organization?
-that some people who say that they "dug the path that you now have" are so quick to tear down another woman who is utilizing the opportunities that you quote unquote help create!

So what exactly is everyone mad at? What is the reason for the mockery, the hatred, the evilness of these threads?

Tori Tyson didn't leave on bad terms. She helped propel the Fullerton program back to its prime-undoubtedly (thank you). She was longest standing pitching coach in the last 5 years (I have yet to see rants toward those prior coaches). At the end of the day she went in and did her job. Let's all thank her and move on. So thank you Tori Tyson for your dedication and commitment to the Fullerton program in the last two years, we will miss you!

And for the statements regarding that this is suppose to be a fan forum?

Definition of a fan- a person who has strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing.

This is the farthest thing from a "fan" forum. Let's promote each other and support each other for once.

Amen-
Christinacap

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #94 
It is sickening how people hide behind their computers and key boards and bash and try and tarnish a persons chatacter, family and children and reputation. Isn't softball about stats, why don't we use them instead of attacking ones chatacter and ASSuming ones past, salary, and reasons for accepting a job offer. You all act like you read her contract, lol. Or to say she's moving away from her family, did you ever THINK she might be moving closer to other family?? No, because if you put one ounce of thought into bashing a woman who is a mother, daughter, sister, friend, and successful coach, you probably would have wrote about her record, not her personal life that you know nothing about. Not sure who you are, an ex employer( or spouse of) , a disgruntled parent, who's child just wasn't good enough, or an 80's softball player, who just couldnt make it at the coaching level ( the opportunities were there). I know Coach Tyson personally and professionally, my daughter played for her. She came into a Cluster f@@#! of a program and brought instruction, knowledge, positivity, support and success. Isnt thst what its all about?? When she left, she left the program, not her players. She was always there for them professionally and personally and still is. I can provide references ( proof) can you??? Bringing two championships home is sometimg to write home about, oh and they did!!! Lets see who has the balls to come out and let us know who you are, I'm sure that will shed some light on why you feel the way you do. Trying to tarnish a persons character, acting like you know her, and bashing her family, shows a lot about your character (or lack of) not Coach Tysons. Congratulations Tori!!! Kick ass in MD and do what you do best, instill confidence, tough love, knowledge, and instruction, you cant ask for more than that!!! To the Head Coach who saw what most people see in Tori, great choice!! You wont be disappointed!!!
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,100
Reply with quote  #95 
WOW at all the first time posters.  Never knew this is what would drag everyone out of the woodworks.
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #96 
Maryland is popular
__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,438
Reply with quote  #97 
The authors of the most bipolar season in history.

Gonna go out on a limb and say that there will never be another 180+ RPI team that registers three wins against teams who were either regional hosts or No. 2 seeds.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 256
Reply with quote  #98 
First, when someone comes on like the post claiming to be the coach, I'm never certain that it is the coach or someone stirring up crap and trying to show that person in a negative light knowing what the response on this site will be.

Next, if it were the coach, I wouldn't blame her for coming on here to try to set the record straight.  I'm not sure her post did that.  Still, she has a right to do so.  

Finally, throwing out crap hoping it will hit a wall isn't good form for anyone.  This site has a lot to offer but some of the attacks in this thread are opinions lacking factual backing which proves the old saying about opinions and butt holes.  Everyone has one.  

__________________
Those mountains in front of you will seem like little hills when you are beyond them and they are in the past!
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,069
Reply with quote  #99 
TT was not bashed on here. Sounds like she is a thin skinned lady who is not ready for the scrutiny that comes with the territory. This is an opinion board sprinkled with anecdotal stories. She brought a brand of drama to it that made it go nuts. There could be no career reason for her to leave her current job and everyone knows it. Have fun TT, you will add to the MD circus
UGASBFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,052
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
TT was not bashed on here. Sounds like she is a thin skinned lady who is not ready for the scrutiny that comes with the territory. This is an opinion board sprinkled with anecdotal stories. She brought a brand of drama to it that made it go nuts. There could be no career reason for her to leave her current job and everyone knows it. Have fun TT, you will add to the MD circus


Bruh... People speculated she wore out her welcome at CSUF and another poster said she was a jumper who didn't stay put long enough to have a real reputation.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,537
Reply with quote  #101 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellystesteben
What exactly is everyone mad about? -that TT is leaving for a bigger conference, more prestige, more money? That she is wrong to advance her career? -Yes, weaker team! We alll know. But according to everyone on these threads Maryland could use a strong, confident, empowering woman on staff. So why exactly are we mad that TT is going to Maryland? Take JW out of the picture shouldn't all you parent out there be grateful for a quality person to be on staff if the situation at Maryland is that bad? -that she spoke and stated herself on a public forum to defend her FAMILY and DAUGHTER? That she didn't coward behind a computer screen and write an anonymous message? -that she is leaving Fullerton after significantly improving the programs status within the competitive ranks of college softball? -that TT has undoubtable accomplishments at the DI level while only being in the game for three years- •Bethune Cookman• -conference pitcher of the year (NFCA third team all region) •CSUF• -Back to back Big West championships (*note-Fullerton had not reached a regional since 2009 prior to Tyson stepping on campus) -2016, Big West Pitcher of the Year -2016, Big West Freshman Pitcher of the Year -2016, First and Second team NFCA All region selection pitchers -2016, had a top 25 freshman finalist for freshman of the year -2017, Big West first-team pitcher -2017, First team All-Region pitcher -2017, 6 Big West Pitcher of the week honors -that WE can't say anything negative about her coaching abilities? (Proof is in the pudding) -that no matter who was stepping in this coaching position that this forum was to tear them apart due the dislike of JW? -that the people on this forum have such conviction regarding these "facts" that they need to write behind an anonymous username? That WE all realize these are cowardly actions ? -that we feel need to state out opinions on what is best for for her and her family? Because we all know her so personally, right? -that we feel so righteous to throw rocks when we all live in glass houses? "Nobody cares that had a daughter out of wedlock way too early in life" -that the Tyson family has affected a plethora of families and this softball community in a positive way? And that this game has drastically improved because of them? That lives have been changed through all the academic opportunities due to the scholarships they have received through their organization? -that some people who say that they "dug the path that you now have" are so quick to tear down another woman who is utilizing the opportunities that you quote unquote help create! So what exactly is everyone mad at? What is the reason for the mockery, the hatred, the evilness of these threads? Tori Tyson didn't leave on bad terms. She helped propel the Fullerton program back to its prime-undoubtedly (thank you). She was longest standing pitching coach in the last 5 years (I have yet to see rants toward those prior coaches). At the end of the day she went in and did her job. Let's all thank her and move on. So thank you Tori Tyson for your dedication and commitment to the Fullerton program in the last two years, we will miss you! And for the statements regarding that this is suppose to be a fan forum? Definition of a fan- a person who has strong interest in or admiration for a particular person or thing. This is the farthest thing from a "fan" forum. Let's promote each other and support each other for once. Amen-



I'm pretty sure Kelly Ford had more to do with it than TT...as to your other statements...sniffle.  And yes, it's a FAN forum where people say exactly what they want to say...opinions and armchair quarterbacking and statistics and arguments.  This place has been around a LONG time sweetie.[smile]

I actually defended TT at first, pointing out what coach Ford said about her, then I "seen" her rudimentary rant and lies, and then her charity link and "God bless" crap.

If you can't stand the heat, get on out...btw...we have talked about Julie Wright a TON.  She has created her own mess at Maryland and Maryland is a dumpster fire of a job, and a school that does not give one sh*t about its college softball program.

Now I need my safety pin.
Christinacap

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #102 
Drama is the last thing Tyson brings to a program, actually she has no time or patience for such. Thin skinned?? When people go for the jugular (child, family and choices) I dont care how thick your skin is, its unacceptable. Nothing worse than a bully behind the keyboard. If you're so tough with words use your real name. Nothing worse than a jealous coward!! Haters gonna hate...
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,069
Reply with quote  #103 
Nobody bashed her or her child. She started on here like a bull in a china shop and then removed her crazy post and her follow up. Drama is already introduced. By the way, I have a charity for you all to donate to. What was she trying to do with that one?
Christinacap

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #104 
there is nothng tru dat about you! you can't even use your real name! what are you afraid of??? stop hiding and state who you are (although I think we already know lol) come clean or continue to hide like the weak person you are!!! No one said anything about having a daughter out of wedlock??? or stating shes trying to get away from her family, both further from the truth.
Christinacap

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #105 
the statement about donating, shes trying to give you something constructive to do with your time, besides spurting negativity all over the place. if you had used your time wisely in the past, maye you coud have been a Tori Tyson... Now you're just a wanna be..
SBrules

Registered:
Posts: 399
Reply with quote  #106 
This has really turned weird!!
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,069
Reply with quote  #107 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinacap
the statement about donating, shes trying to give you something constructive to do with your time, besides spurting negativity all over the place. if you had used your time wisely in the past, maye you coud have been a Tori Tyson... Now you're just a wanna be..
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,069
Reply with quote  #108 
I wouldn't want to make my living in TT's coaching world. It's easier to post on here. But having said that she has only been in the business a short while and has a two year run at her previous job and leaves to go to a bad program. Poor judgement
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 989
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
I am an alum. so some advice: Christina you are not helping your friend's cause. What happened here is already traveling around to folks close to, or who are alumni, players, and staff. Not good. And your friend should also remove a few of her tweets.

Pushing a charity is well and good, but not appropriate in this context. EVERYONE has a charity or cause we give to or support besides yours, and it is not up to you or your friend to force feed it on others because you are angry or upset about something else.

PS. I happen to disagree with some of the bashing here and I respect your friend's credentials. You are risking turning away those who could support her cause at Maryland, like me.


TerpAlum, great post. 
Christinacap

Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #110 
Tyson will get the respect and the support from Maryland alum fans and team just like she always has!!!!
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 579
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinacap
Drama is the last thing Tyson brings to a program, actually she has no time or patience for such. Thin skinned?? When people go for the jugular (child, family and choices) I dont care how thick your skin is, its unacceptable. Nothing worse than a bully behind the keyboard. If you're so tough with words use your real name. Nothing worse than a jealous coward!! Haters gonna hate...



BWUHAWWWW HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!


My God. Wish I would've read the last days' posts earlier than now. Team Tyson continues ... aww, forget it, rudymartinez, have you read this stuff? Some of it is so immature it's amazingly sinister.

If you want to make an audience laugh, you dress a man up like an old lady and push her down the stairs. If you want to make comedy writers laugh, you push an actual old lady down the stairs. - Tina Fey



__________________
 
Just_Ask1

Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #112 

Knowing who someone is on this board has nothing to do with what we all saw transpire yesterday with the new Maryland pitching coach. Most of this board uses fake names just like others do. This was almost like watching the White House press conferences after a president tweet. We even have posts disappearing like HC emails. Fact is Maryland’s new pitching coach put herself out there yesterday with a crazy series of events. I’m at a tournament right now and everyone I’ve talked to about this agrees it was a crazy thing.                                                                                             

So as I point out the facts as I see them, if you consider me a hater have at it. The hater thing, bullying, show yourself rap doesn’t affect me or changes anything from yesterday.                                                                                                                                

Ok, someone said something bad about the new Md pitching coach. The new coach comes onto the board yesterday defending herself. YOU Go Girl! But then, the Real coach Tori Tyson comes on the same thread and says her friend did the post it wasn’t her. Really…No drama it’s normal for a D 1 coach to have a friend post using her name on a national site. Then, the Real Coach comes on the same thread and says the friend did it, wasn’t Me! Then all the coaches posts disappear! Yea this is all normal. The friend in the post even congratulated two coaches Wright and Watten for inspiring her. Oh sorry, not her, I mean her friend, I’m confused. Does anyone have that explanation so I can fact check myself please. That’s what we all saw happen yesterday at least to my best recollection. Even if we call ourselves the Man On The Moon. It doesn’t change the posts and message from her the friend or whoever it was yesterday. This has created more drama at the school she owns it and has to fix it.             

By the way you can’t change things from the bottom up at Maryland or any other school. I read that somewhere on this board. The culture and the direction of that program starts at the top. Julie Wright owns it all creates the culture sets the programs direction. Not the assistant  coach.                                                                                                                                        

Anyone know who the next Md fielding – Hitting coach will be?

BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 579
Reply with quote  #113 
Just Ask 1: Kudos. You had the patience to articulate much of what I was thinking but I didn't bother - I'm still laughing at this stuff.

BTW, Team Tyson should listen to 1Janiedough, EarlyGrayce, and you especially. You're a seer, man. Got on this board in May of next year (how did the Terps do in 2018)? [smile]

__________________
 
rudymartinez

Registered:
Posts: 439
Reply with quote  #114 
Helen Keller told me about the things she heard and saw at Maryland. And this is the least offensive post.
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,069
Reply with quote  #115 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Just Ask 1: Kudos. You had the patience to articulate much of what I was thinking but I didn't bother - I'm still laughing at this stuff.

BTW, Team Tyson should listen to 1Janiedough, EarlyGrayce, and you especially. You're a seer, man. Got on this board in May of next year (how did the Terps do in 2018)? [smile]
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 1,069
Reply with quote  #116 
Team Tyson? How many members of the team are actually Tyson? How many are make believe friends or people on "Go Fund Me" pages? If the posts weren't stupid, the team would have left them up.

Team Tyson will become part of Team Wright. You will not hear from them again as they fall into the abyss known as Maryland softball
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 579
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruDat
Team Tyson? How many members of the team are actually Tyson? How many are make believe friends or people on "Go Fund Me" pages? If the posts weren't stupid, the team would have left them up. Team Tyson will become part of Team Wright. You will not hear from them again as they fall into the abyss known as Maryland softball


My point, exactly. Team Tyson so far = 1 to about 3. Probably 1.

__________________
 
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,537
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudymartinez
Helen Keller told me about the things she heard and saw at Maryland. And this is the least offensive post.


Omg I'm lol.[rofl]
ucs2010

Registered:
Posts: 219
Reply with quote  #119 
Looks like Maryland has announced two new assistant coaches:

http://www.umterps.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=716355&SPID=120719&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=29700&ATCLID=211637693


drivemyjeep

Registered:
Posts: 201
Reply with quote  #120 
Lets get back to the topic. A few interesting openings:

Oregon State, Ohio State, BYU, Purdue.

Who are the leading candidates?


Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.