Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 6 of 11     «   Prev   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next   »
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,044
Reply with quote  #151 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_B



I'm one of those parents you like to 'quote' and I have heard enough of this baloney. You are mostly entirely wrong in your cause/effect analysis. With all due respect I suggest you go back to being silent and change your handle to 'silent_again'. Your comments and remarks serve only to inflame. Knock it off. Find something good to say for once.

William (Bill) Bowling

your daughter is so resilient, sir. Congratulations
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #152 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogsDad
You could see that coming a mile away. You could see it on her face every time she pitched. She was done there.


So she did leave? What, she move out middle of the night...you'd think that cause a minor ripple on this forum...she was big time recruit for the 2016 class. Wonder where she'll end up?
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,044
Reply with quote  #153 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


So she did leave? What, she move out middle of the night...you'd think that cause a minor ripple on this forum...she was big time recruit for the 2016 class. Wonder where she'll end up?
perhaps a smaller school in fla, or a not-so - small school in fla
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #154 
I'm no detective 3left
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,044
Reply with quote  #155 
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 325
Reply with quote  #156 
Actually, she is not pursuing any Florida schools at this time. But yes, she asked for her release at her exit meeting. Eventually it was granted. She is considering some possibilities, but has not chosen a new home yet.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,466
Reply with quote  #157 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
Actually, she is not pursuing any Florida schools at this time. But yes, she asked for her release at her exit meeting. Eventually it was granted. She is considering some possibilities, but has not chosen a new home yet.



Who are you guys talking about?  I missed it.
lotsoffish

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #158 
Is this the third pitcher from Florida--Osorio? Get the pitcher from Alabama and the pitcher from Florida names mixed up.
G8terfan23

Registered:
Posts: 2,301
Reply with quote  #159 
Ocasio Florida
Osorio Alabama
Yep both have the same first and last initial and both juniors
Imagine if they played on the same team
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #160 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough



Who are you guys talking about?  I missed it.


Parker Conrad-MZ pitcher
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 809
Reply with quote  #161 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachZ
Actually, she is not pursuing any Florida schools at this time. But yes, she asked for her release at her exit meeting. Eventually it was granted. She is considering some possibilities, but has not chosen a new home yet.


Thanks CoachZ. I'm still surprised that didn't get more coverage. Sure she can help somebody.
CoachZ

Registered:
Posts: 325
Reply with quote  #162 
She will be a force somewhere. It didn't get any coverage because I haven't seen a mizzou thread on here in ages and that would be where it would be posted. Im guessing maybe some of the mizzou fans lost some hope after last year's debacle and this year's struggles.
sftbll4ever

Registered:
Posts: 214
Reply with quote  #163 


I can't WAIT to see how this plays out.  I know a So Cal school that she was going to, but that school did not give her money so she did not sign.  Good for her!!!
swingforthefence

Registered:
Posts: 731
Reply with quote  #164 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
A few haters weighing in here. These are a few things I learned on this thread and similar ones dealing with Arizona.

1. I heard Candrea doesn't own up to his mistakes.
2. I heard Iveson has to go.
3. I heard Lowe needs to go.
4. I heard Evans should come back as the pitching coach. Wasn't she involved in some inappropriate sh*t? Ahh, but an AD or two removed and we can look beyond that.
5a. The Oregon Ducks, if they played in Hillenbrand, would have thrice the dingers the Cats did - in any year. 
5b. Katiyana Mauga hits pop flies that go over the 220 fence, only in Tucson.
5c. Lauren Chamberlain would have hit a gazillion dingers if she would've gotten 20 her freshman year AND if she didn't hurt her back.
6. The players are not happy, nor are their parents. Arizona recruits parents? Starting when?

Eh. I'll continue later. I have to get a beer.





You forget that Chamberlain played in a much weaker conference and hit dingers against pitchers who could have never pitched in a PAC10 School.
So what ever you say about the "Air" in Tucson allowing balls to magically fly over the fence - consider the pitchers each are facing. Both are talented girls and have accomplished a lot - so leave it at that.

I don't know how you can say, players aren't happy there. Seems like O'Toole and Mauga were genuinely upset there time wearing an Arizona jersey was over - at least that's what they said - but you may know better than them?

Candrea is loyal to his staff, to a fault and they are letting him down, not intentionally -but by the mere fact that they are way over their ski's, and have nothing to contribute to help BUILD a better team.

Iveson and Lowe, are supposed to be out there recruiting, discovering new talent - but instead, they take a short cut by just calling Rico, Tyson or Stith - and although those travel teams have some of the countries more talented players, those players are committing to other schools who have much better programs, stadiums and coaches - leaving Arizona to take whats left.

I can't say this enough, if I had a daughter who pitched and she was good enough to be recruited by the top 25 programs in the country - sending her to Arizona where they have no one on staff to help her grow as a pitcher, help her develop new pitches, help her refine her techniques, and give her solid feedback and correction when things are going wrong - Arizona would be my last choice.  

They have Iveson who when crap goes wrong with one of their pitchers in a game, she  runs out to the circle, with her little security blanket note book in hand, and opens it up and starts pointing out notes! What happened to looking the pitcher in the eye, telling her "She's Got This" or "Pull Your Head Out and Pitch -Like You know How to", or any other phrases, tips, corrections that a pitcher who is pressing, can trust, comprehend and apply?

It's not Iveson's fault she is a lousy coach. I think she tries hard and cares, but it's simply not working. They are losing pitching recruits, because of her -guaranteed.




__________________
"No. I like talking, I just hate people. If I could find other things to talk to, I'd be all for it."
swingforthefence

Registered:
Posts: 731
Reply with quote  #165 
And how in the HELL did Iveson become; Co-Head Coach anyway?
What a friggen disaster she is and always has been.

She needs to saddle up, and head back to the Yavapai Indian Reservation, where she was "somebody" there -because in her current role, she is bringing this program down.

I'm not against women coaches at all, but Iveson is no; Gasso, Hutch, Alameda, Inouye-Perez, Tarr and never will be.

She is just Iveson, the note-book-carrying, insecure, inexperienced, sloppy, not respected, no talent, Juco Coach, that somehow made it to the big leagues and has no idea of what she is doing there -and it shows...

If this program ever ended up on her lap, and she was named head coach - get ready for a much worse version of what happened to ASU, when Myers left. There is not a top player in the country, who would commit to a program with the likes of her at the helm. 

__________________
"No. I like talking, I just hate people. If I could find other things to talk to, I'd be all for it."
smileyface

Registered:
Posts: 192
Reply with quote  #166 
I DOUBT ANYONE TOLD MCQUILLAN TO THROW FASTBALLS DOWN THE MIDDLE [smile]
swingforthefence

Registered:
Posts: 731
Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupino
Blue Sky:
When O'Toole pitched against Baylor who called the pitches?
When McQuillin relieved O'Toole who called the pitches?


Iveson does.

4 Change Up, in one AB to Baylor Catcher who is a .190 hitter - resulted in a hit down the line and scored a couple runs.
Why she feels that a sub .200 hitter, needs to be pitched this creatively and outside normal common sense, is beyond me.
Iveson doesn't know what she is doing, and has NO FEEL for the game.
She might as well be doing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" when determining what pitch to call next.

Iverson playing Rock, Paper Scissors:
1-2-3 Rock,  - Dang, I lost to paper!
1-2-3 Rock - Dang, I lost to paper again!
1-2-3 Rock - Dang, I lost to paper once again!
1-2-3 Rock - again lost to Paper!

Hmm, I wonder how I keep getting beat at this game -it's like they know what I'm going to do, before I do it?   

__________________
"No. I like talking, I just hate people. If I could find other things to talk to, I'd be all for it."
swingforthefence

Registered:
Posts: 731
Reply with quote  #168 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface
I DOUBT ANYONE TOLD MCQUILLAN TO THROW FASTBALLS DOWN THE MIDDLE [smile]


Agreed, but there is no strategy or sequencing based on what the batter is doing -with Iveson.

HoHum - how about another Change Up, and another, and another and another...Whoops, Hit down the line -scores two!
"It's the pitchers fault"! 



__________________
"No. I like talking, I just hate people. If I could find other things to talk to, I'd be all for it."
silent_no_more

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #169 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_B



I'm one of those parents you like to 'quote' and I have heard enough of this baloney. You are mostly entirely wrong in your cause/effect analysis. With all due respect I suggest you go back to being silent and change your handle to 'silent_again'. Your comments and remarks serve only to inflame. Knock it off. Find something good to say for once.

William (Bill) Bowling



I don't ever reveal sources, even if it was you (which I am not saying it is).

Nice to have a parent come on and speak up.  You have the inside story so please tell us the reality.

I think we all would like to hear your side.  Please tell us whether the program satisfied your expectations of what you expected to happen after your daughter joined the team.  Please tell us specific examples of things that happened that you belief went above and beyond.  Please tell us specific examples of where the program let you down.


__________________
Do you really think you really know what is going on?  Odds are you have no clue.
silent_no_more

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #170 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingforthefence


Iveson does.

4 Change Up, in one AB to Baylor Catcher who is a .190 hitter - resulted in a hit down the line and scored a couple runs.
Why she feels that a sub .200 hitter, needs to be pitched this creatively and outside normal common sense, is beyond me.
Iveson doesn't know what she is doing, and has NO FEEL for the game.
She might as well be doing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" when determining what pitch to call next.

Iverson playing Rock, Paper Scissors:
1-2-3 Rock,  - Dang, I lost to paper!
1-2-3 Rock - Dang, I lost to paper again!
1-2-3 Rock - Dang, I lost to paper once again!
1-2-3 Rock - again lost to Paper!

Hmm, I wonder how I keep getting beat at this game -it's like they know what I'm going to do, before I do it?   


Mike hires her and keeps her on.  He should know what is happening.  Yet no change.  And the result I sit her watching a boring game rather than being excited because we are about to play. 

__________________
Do you really think you really know what is going on?  Odds are you have no clue.
silent_no_more

Registered:
Posts: 158
Reply with quote  #171 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyface
I DOUBT ANYONE TOLD MCQUILLAN TO THROW FASTBALLS DOWN THE MIDDLE [smile]


Are you sure?  She did it twice, in a row

__________________
Do you really think you really know what is going on?  Odds are you have no clue.
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,466
Reply with quote  #172 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_no_more


I don't ever reveal sources, even if it was you (which I am not saying it is).

Nice to have a parent come on and speak up.  You have the inside story so please tell us the reality.

I think we all would like to hear your side.  Please tell us whether the program satisfied your expectations of what you expected to happen after your daughter joined the team.  Please tell us specific examples of things that happened that you belief went above and beyond.  Please tell us specific examples of where the program let you down.

[/QUOTE

who are you that's the more important question.



BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 571
Reply with quote  #173 
Hey Silentnomore /Swingforthefence (Same person?):

Mr. Bowling weighed in and now you're disrespecting him after you've continued to disrespect the Arizona program. Please don't do that anymore. 

__________________
 
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 571
Reply with quote  #174 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scupino
Blue Sky:
When O'Toole pitched against Baylor who called the pitches?
When McQuillin relieved O'Toole who called the pitches?


I don't know.

__________________
 
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 571
Reply with quote  #175 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingforthefence


You forget that Chamberlain played in a much weaker conference and hit dingers against pitchers who could have never pitched in a PAC10 School.
So what ever you say about the "Air" in Tucson allowing balls to magically fly over the fence - consider the pitchers each are facing. Both are talented girls and have accomplished a lot - so leave it at that.

I don't know how you can say, players aren't happy there. Seems like O'Toole and Mauga were genuinely upset there time wearing an Arizona jersey was over - at least that's what they said - but you may know better than them?

Candrea is loyal to his staff, to a fault and they are letting him down, not intentionally -but by the mere fact that they are way over their ski's, and have nothing to contribute to help BUILD a better team.

Iveson and Lowe, are supposed to be out there recruiting, discovering new talent - but instead, they take a short cut by just calling Rico, Tyson or Stith - and although those travel teams have some of the countries more talented players, those players are committing to other schools who have much better programs, stadiums and coaches - leaving Arizona to take whats left.

I can't say this enough, if I had a daughter who pitched and she was good enough to be recruited by the top 25 programs in the country - sending her to Arizona where they have no one on staff to help her grow as a pitcher, help her develop new pitches, help her refine her techniques, and give her solid feedback and correction when things are going wrong - Arizona would be my last choice.  

They have Iveson who when crap goes wrong with one of their pitchers in a game, she  runs out to the circle, with her little security blanket note book in hand, and opens it up and starts pointing out notes! What happened to looking the pitcher in the eye, telling her "She's Got This" or "Pull Your Head Out and Pitch -Like You know How to", or any other phrases, tips, corrections that a pitcher who is pressing, can trust, comprehend and apply?

It's not Iveson's fault she is a lousy coach. I think she tries hard and cares, but it's simply not working. They are losing pitching recruits, because of her -guaranteed.





No. I did not bring these points up, I summarized them from previous threads of unhappy fans/ex-coaches, whatever.

__________________
 
swingforthefence

Registered:
Posts: 731
Reply with quote  #176 
I really thought what O'Toole said in her interview was really very crappy.

She stated that "No offense to the other Arizona Softball teams, BUT this team had a better culture than them"

Now, I don't really know what she means by "culture' but she seems to be saying that since she was a senior on the team, she was better at it, than all others UA teams before her?
I find this quite odd, self serving and egotistical on her part.

The bottom line is - this team made it "exactly" as far in post-season as previous UA teams in the recent past, and this team had a distinct advantage in the pitching department to previous UA teams, certainly better than the 2015 team, who had MUCH better offensive number! And it was "Pitching" that let them down this year, too -just as before.

So, by her pitting herself as being a senior on the best cultured UA team in recent past, ("No offense to previous years team - Ha"), I think she should also wear the banner of being the senior pitcher who couldn't get them any further than the pitchers of those previous "bad-culture" teams she calls out in the media.

Lost it in the circle, plain and simple and it wasn't like O'Toole was mowing through the Baylor lineup with precision (even with, her highly touted better "culture").
 

 


__________________
"No. I like talking, I just hate people. If I could find other things to talk to, I'd be all for it."
MadDogsDad

Registered:
Posts: 2,178
Reply with quote  #177 
Do they have therapist where you live? Me thinks you should be in the market.
__________________
And if I don't like what you say then...

your kid sucks.
swingforthefence

Registered:
Posts: 731
Reply with quote  #178 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogsDad
Do they have therapist where you live? Me thinks you should be in the market.


How CUTE...
You're worried about me..

But speaking of being in the market for something - shouldn't Arizona Softball be looking for a qualified and competent pitching coach, or are they content just being a Super Regional Team, who can't get any further?  



__________________
"No. I like talking, I just hate people. If I could find other things to talk to, I'd be all for it."
NorthBall

Registered:
Posts: 276
Reply with quote  #179 
If I was an Arizona fan I would be hunting Candrea down right now to make him answer to me face to face why he seemingly intentionally caused his team to lose to Baylor. Just unacceptable.,
G8terfan23

Registered:
Posts: 2,301
Reply with quote  #180 
Wait what where did you see that at?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.