Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 23      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
  If we followed your thought process, then we would have to hold those who call the President dangerous, being in favor of children being raped, or causing the death of police officers, responsible if the President were harmed.  Can we really do that?


I'm 0 for 3 when it comes to a Conservative response to this question.


Yes you're 0 for 3 and 0 for 15 on your own dummass thread Questions with no purpose.  Add to that your wife won't talk politics with you, what does all this data say about you dewy?  I don't see conservatives, liberals, blacks, whites, retirees in Florida, neo-cons, RINOS, pro-abortion, any groups for that matter rushing toward your rabbitholes.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #32 
Dewey no one I know is trying to incite a mob (You would call them protesters despite the fact that they are violating other people's rights.) from the right to injury the President.  That is against the law and anyone who would attempt it should be arrested.  However, when a Mayor or a President make statements and one of their closest confidants leads a group chanting "What we want?  Dead Cops!  When do we want it?  NOW!" then there is guilt through association.  That is especially true when they have recently met with that person, made it clear that that person is a close adviser and then has not come out and condemned that person's actions.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #33 
CoachB - To be clear, are you agreeing with me that those who publicly cite the President as being dangerous, causing cops to be killed, tearing up the Constitution, and then saying we need to take this Country back, should not be held to blame for harm coming to the President if that unfortunate tragedy took place?  I don't agree with people chanting "we want dead cops" but I think we'd have to hold all these folks to blame for the action of others if we start down your road.  Of course if someone conspires with another to kill somebody, then that's a different story. 

I see a double standard here.  I'll look the other way with regards to rhetoric from the Right and complain about rhetoric from the Left.  For sure, it's not a new theme around here.  Btw, protesters who violate other peoples rights are subject to arrest and would then be criminals.

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #34 
When people make threats against obama, the secret service and the whole wrath and enforcement machine of federal law enforcement gets called in, google it.  When people march and riot against police with Al Sharpton's coordination from the white house, the practice is enabled and encouraged by Holder and obama administration.  Your comparisons are ludicrous but what the readers have come to expect from you.

dewy again stands up for those who threaten police

"I see a double standard here.  I'll look the other way with regards to rhetoric from the Right and complain about rhetoric from the Left.  For sure, it's not a new theme around here.  Btw, protesters who violate other peoples rights are subject to arrest and would then be criminals."

There is only one standard, support the police or don't.  Dewy you continuously cry and whine when obama is the brunt of characterizations and blame.  You have managed to invoke black vs. white into this thread and also for good measure managed to bring your mancrush, obama into the conversation.  When will you stop with your silliness?  No wonder your wife refuses to indulge in your weird obsession you have with this man.  

Are you still standing by your defense of those who promote violence against the police as does barack's white house?  Can you cite with examples of those calling for the death of obama?  If you can't then your latest rabbit hole has been cemented over.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
CoachB - To be clear, are you agreeing with me that those who publicly cite the President as being dangerous, causing cops to be killed, tearing up the Constitution, and then saying we need to take this Country back, should not be held to blame for harm coming to the President if that unfortunate tragedy took place?  I don't agree with people chanting "we want dead cops" but I think we'd have to hold all these folks to blame for the action of others if we start down your road.  Of course if someone conspires with another to kill somebody, then that's a different story. 

I see a double standard here.  I'll look the other way with regards to rhetoric from the Right and complain about rhetoric from the Left.  For sure, it's not a new theme around here.  Btw, protesters who violate other peoples rights are subject to arrest and would then be criminals.





Didn't want to take the time to go back and look where you used the same line that from the right this has a racial undertone, just another backhanded slap at conservatives/Tea Party.

Joisey rails against the "Washington Way" and you nod in approval. The Tea Party says "It is Time To Take Our Country Back" and you point out they are mad there is a black man in the White House. It seems to me these are the same statements against business as usual "Inside the Beltway" status quo. Please point out the difference?

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_1


Didn't want to take the time to go back and look where you used the same line that from the right this has a racial undertone, just another backhanded slap at conservatives/Tea Party.



Lost_1 - Go back and check because I suspect if anything, I used this line as an example to answer those who wanted to know how do you criticize Obama without being thought of as racist.  I can't begin to know if calling the President a "dick" or using this new phrase "we need to take our Country back" is any evidence of being racist but I do know if you say these things, some people are going to find it unique to this particular President and assume the worst.  They might be wrong but it's what they'll do.  

Anyway, in this subject matter I think it could be interpreted in a very dangerous way.  That said, I'm against all this negative rhetoric.  There's no nod of approval coming from me.  I agree with JG.  It goes on from both sides.  I'm just taking on those inside here who only complain when one side does it.  Double standard as I said.

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #37 
"There is only one standard, support the police or don't."  

All the bellyaching about how your mancrush is being treated is nothing but whining.  Let it go like dingbat said.  You still don't have solutions to toning down the anti-police rhetoric?  You have any sage words of wisdom of how to help the police feel like the federal government has their back?  Look at Commissioner Bratton's comments on how morale in police departments nationwide is at all time low, because they feel the federal government is against them?  Or don't do that, find us another squirrel to chase for a day or two.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #38 
Dewey, first, both political parties routinely makes statements about "taking ?????? back from the other party."  So, that in itself is not enough to lay blame for any action.  If you are referring to members of this site, none of us have any real influence.  If you are talking about those with influence, it would be more tit for tat.  You give me Rush and I'll give you the Rev. Al.  All of these balance out and if they didn't there would be arrest made. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #39 
Lost_1 and CoachB - It's clear to me this anti-police theme is just another attempt at denigrating Liberals as if they don't support police and Conservatives do.  That's hogwash to the highest degree.

As you know, my son-in-law is a police officer and nobody could be more supportive of him and his fellow officers than me.  It's a shame that some are trying to use this issue to divide this Country for political and/or anti-Obama reasons.  That said, it's not surprising.  I simply shake my head at those look the other way or applaud criticizing the President as being dangerous to police, children, and citizens, while condemning those who criticize policing as being similarly dangerous.  I find it all to be mostly over-the-top and excessive.


CoachB says, All of these balance out and if they didn't there would be arrest made. 

I don't know where you got this from but I'll have to disagree.

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #40 
The man and woman police officers in the first link were not liberals or conservatives from what I could gather in reading. First dewy wanted to make it a black and white issue, that didn't work and he turned the discussion to obama, now he's managed to throw in denigrating liberals. Always the victim always whining, show your support of the police or keep up the defense of those that do them harm. It's really just that simple. Don't judge what you believe to be the intent of the poster, that's your conscious talking to you. Just post on what you think the undercurrent of hatred of the police stems from. Quit hijacking threads mr. moderator
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,144
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


Yes you're 0 for 3 and 0 for 15 on your own dummass thread Questions with no purpose.  Add to that your wife won't talk politics with you, what does all this data say about you dewy?  I don't see conservatives, liberals, blacks, whites, retirees in Florida, neo-cons, RINOS, pro-abortion, any groups for that matter rushing toward your rabbitholes.


Your repeated references to Dewey's wife and your personal insults undermine anything you have to add to this forum. You sound frantic and simple. I discount everything you say. Try to gain some sophistication if you want to be taken seriously. You bore me.

__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #42 
Dewey, while it may be hogwash, take a look at who is making the signs for these protesters and what their political agendas are.  Take a look at the messages that they are putting on some of these signs.  Take a listen to the Rev. Al and all that he is saying.  There are more than enough examples of him accusing the police of being racist murders.  Take a look at our President and if he had a son ...  The Rev. Al has visited the President more than 81 times since he has been in office and to the point that the Rev. made a public statement that he advises the President.  Again, while what I may say is "hogwash," my examples can be verified. 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #43 
CoachB - Please verify where Rev Al accused the police of being racist murderers.  I abhor that kind of talk just as I abhor talk accusing the President of causing police officers to die and kids to be raped.

Edit:  What I called hogwash is any suggestion that Liberals are anti-police.

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #44 
Dewey, come on.  You can't be real.  You verify it.  I'm not some school boy doing homework.  Everyone here at this site has heard him and he led the "protest" where they shouted, "What do we want?  Dead Cops!  When do we want it?  NOW!"  My gosh, did you hear what he said here in St. Louis?  Did you hear what he said in Florida?  Did you hear what he said in NYC?  Dewey, the Rev. Al is now saying that the racist police of NYC have made death threats to him.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #45 
CoachB - I am real and I thought you were the one who said these things could be verified.  I doubt the Reverend spoke in those terms but I could be wrong.  If he did, I abhor that kind of talk as I told you previously.  How about you?  Do you like the talk that says the President has no problem with children being raped or cops being killed?

Edit:  Joy-Ann Reid says the video of people chanting "we want cops dead" not part of Rev. Al's rally.

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


Yes you're 0 for 3 and 0 for 15 on your own dummass thread Questions with no purpose.  Add to that your wife won't talk politics with you, what does all this data say about you dewy?  I don't see conservatives, liberals, blacks, whites, retirees in Florida, neo-cons, RINOS, pro-abortion, any groups for that matter rushing toward your rabbitholes.


Your repeated references to Dewey's wife and your personal insults undermine anything you have to add to this forum. You sound frantic and simple. I discount everything you say. Try to gain some sophistication if you want to be taken seriously. You bore me.


OK but I'm not here for you. You caught me at a bad time, watching a TCU ass whoppin. BTW I'm using information provided by dewy. As far as what I undermine, I don't know you, so piss off jarhead, don't read. I'm sorry if I sound frantic and simple to you, most people say[in real life] I am too complicated.

So instead of pleasing everyone I'll please my self. Till next time, when dewy undermines one of my simple and frantic threads I will deal with it as I see fit. Got it jarhead? Who said I wanted a level of sophistication? You assume a lot in your preaching. You bore me

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,230
Reply with quote  #47 
Early - you should probably post more before you start lecturing other people.
CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #48 
Dewey, your link is the Rev. Al's political activist group trying to say that the Rev. Al had noting to do with the dead police officers.  He was there and I could link Breitbart  etc. showing video of his group prior to the march.  I would guess that the Rev. Al was told by others that he had better distance himself due to his financial concerns.  That link is typical of liberal spin just as a Breitbart would be of conservative spin.

By the way, Joy Ann Reid works for MSNBC as does the Rev. Al.  So, you think that this is an unbiased story?  LOL!  That truly is funny!!!
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #49 
Yeah, more experience is necessary before you can call folks out for personal attacks.  I think you have to be 64 or over like me and JG. [wink]
__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #50 
Where's the personal attack whiner? I stated you bore your wife with your political drivel, you've admitted such. I don't understand why we can't be bored in the same manner. It's a high level of dewy we all have to defend ourselves from, from time to time. Unlike dewy's wife, we can't send him outside to have a cigar or pray for taco Tuesday to get here when he'll be gone with the boys.
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Yeah, more experience is necessary before you can call folks out for personal attacks.  I think you have to be 64 or over like me and JG. [wink]


Ah oh calling in the reinforcements

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
Dewey, your link is the Rev. Al's political activist group trying to say that the Rev. Al had noting to do with the dead police officers.  He was there and I could link Breitbart  etc. showing video of his group prior to the march.  I would guess that the Rev. Al was told by others that he had better distance himself due to his financial concerns.  That link is typical of liberal spin just as a Breitbart would be of conservative spin.

By the way, Joy Ann Reid works for MSNBC as does the Rev. Al.  So, you think that this is an unbiased story?  LOL!  That truly is funny!!!


Thanks for clearing that up Coach. There's always a deflection until someone takes the time to chase the squirrel and see the truth. Some of our "NEWER" readers will have to learn the hard way.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
Dewey, your link is the Rev. Al's political activist group trying to say that the Rev. Al had noting to do with the dead police officers.  He was there and I could link Breitbart  etc. showing video of his group prior to the march. 


Here's another one for you.

Fox edits video to make it appear Sharpton and protesters in same city

CoachB - Sorry but it appears you were subjected to deliberately misleading videos

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #54 
What a timely article [earlygrace, read only with parental supervision but then you'll discount it anyway]




A FURTHER PERSPECTIVE

ARE FACTS OBSOLETE?

The media do not merely ignore facts, they suppress facts.

By Thomas Sowell – 12.31.14[image]

 
 

Some of us, who are old enough to remember the old television police seriesDragnet, may remember Sgt. Joe Friday saying, “Just the facts, ma’am.” But that would be completely out of place today. Facts are becoming obsolete, as recent events have demonstrated.

What matters today is how well you can concoct a story that fits people’s preconceptions and arouses their emotions. Politicians like New York mayor Bill de Blasio, professional demagogues like Al Sharpton, and innumerable irresponsible people in the media have shown that they have great talent in promoting a lynch mob atmosphere toward the police.

Grand juries that examine hard facts live in a different world from mobs who listen to rhetoric and politicians who cater to the mobs.

During the controversy over the death of Trayvon Martin, for example, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus said that George Zimmerman had tracked Trayvon Martin down and shot him like a dog. The fact is that Zimmerman did not have to track down Trayvon Martin, who was sitting right on top of him, punching him till his face was bloody.

After the death of Michael Brown, members of the Congressional Black Caucus stood up in Congress, with their hands held up, saying “don’t shoot.” Although there were some who claimed that this is what Michael Brown said and did, there were other witnesses — all black, by the way — who said that Brown was charging toward the policeman when he was shot.

What was decisive was not what either set of witnesses said, but what the autopsy revealed, an autopsy involving three sets of forensic experts, including one representing Michael Brown’s family. Witnesses can lie but the physical facts don’t lie, even if politicians, mobs, and the media prefer to take lies seriously.

The death of Eric Garner has likewise spawned stories having little relationship to facts. The story is that Garner died because a chokehold stopped his breathing. But Garner did not die with a policeman choking him.

He died later, in an ambulance where his heart stopped. He had a long medical history of various diseases, as well as a long criminal history. No doubt the stress of his capture did not do him any good, and he might well still be alive if he had not resisted arrest. But that was his choice.

Despite people who say blithely that the police need more “training,” there is no “kinder and gentler” way to capture a 350-pound man, who is capable of inflicting grievous harm, and perhaps even death, on any of his would-be captors. The magic word “unarmed” means nothing in practice, however much the word may hype emotions.

If you are killed by an unarmed man, you are just as dead as if you had been annihilated by a nuclear bomb. But you don’t even know who is armed or unarmed until after it is all over, and you can search him.

Incidentally, did you know that, during this same period when riots, looting, and arson have been raging, a black policeman in Alabama shot and killed an unarmed white teenager — and was cleared by a grand jury? Probably not, if you depend on the mainstream media for your news.

The media do not merely ignore facts, they suppress facts. Millions of people saw the videotape of the beating of Rodney King. But they saw only a fraction of that tape because the media left out the rest, which showed Rodney King — another huge man — resisting arrest and refusing to be handcuffed, so that he could be searched.

Television viewers did not get to see the other black men in the same vehicle that Rodney King was driving recklessly. Those other black men were not beaten. And the grand jury got to see the whole video, after which they acquitted the police — and the media then published the jurors’ home addresses.

Such media retribution against people they don’t like is part of a growing lynch mob mentality. The black witnesses in Missouri, whose testimony confirmed what the police officer said, expressed fears for their own safety for telling what the physical evidence showed was the truth.

Is this what we want? Grand juries responding to mobs and the media, instead of to the facts?

COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM


__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,146
Reply with quote  #55 
And another Fox "edit" -

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/22/1353665/--Go-Kill-a-Cop-chant-a-Fake-Duplicitous-Editing-Job-by-Fox-Affiliate


__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Such media retribution against people they don’t like is part of a growing lynch mob mentality. The black witnesses in Missouri, whose testimony confirmed what the police officer said, expressed fears for their own safety for telling what the physical evidence showed was the truth.
Is this what we want? Grand juries responding to mobs and the media, instead of to the facts?


Don't take my word for it. I am but a simpleton but the best simpleton I will be.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
  He was there and I could link Breitbart  etc. showing video of his group prior to the march.


CoachB - It's getting buried by other posts but the proof that Sharpton is being wrongly connected to these marchers has been posted here if you care to see it. 

__________________
President Obama kept Republicans out of the White House for 8 years and added two excellent justices to the Supreme Court.  Those two things alone make him one of our greatest Presidents of my lifetime.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,669
Reply with quote  #58 
It's getting buried because you want to direct the conversation.  Go outside and have a cigar
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,146
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
DC I would suppose that you see nothing wrong with that editorial and I think it is outrageous.  To have the Mayor attack the police as racist and then expect them to proceed as if noting has happened would be irresponsible of the police.  In fact, it would be irresponsible to those that died do to the rhetoric of the Mayor and our current administration.  BTW, how long did it take the President to say that if he had a son ... and yet, he still hasn't issued a statement concerning the deaths of these two police officers.  That is outrageous as well. 

I'm not saying I see "nothing wrong" with the editorial, but yes, I mostly agree with it.  I don't think the cops should have done that, especially at a fellow officer's memorial service.  They are PUBLIC SERVANTS.  Yes, they are allowed to have their own opinions, but when they are representing US, they need to be professional.  And you are wrong about Obama not issuing a statement.  He (and Holder) issued statements Saturday night, December 20 (or around midnight on December 21) -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/12/21/holder-calls-police-shootings-act-barbarism/

I was scanning channels today and so one of the stations I don't watch made the comment that St. Louis had produced 3 murders of black citizens by the police department this year.  Really?  Brown attacked an officer despite any left leaning attempts to say otherwise.  The second shooting was witnessed and on camera where the guy who was shot came at the police with a knife.  The third shooting, and the video is substantial, shows that young man pointing a gun at the police officer.  Still, why not rally the nation in the hatred of police and continue to stir racist propaganda.  That is what the left does.


You have made your own conclusions about these 3 incidents - however, there are many that don't have the same conclusions.  Inconsistent testimony in the Brown case leaves questions about the "attack" on Wilson.  From the photo of Wilson's face, I sure don't see much in the way of injuries - surely not the extent that we were led to believe at the outset (broken eye socket, etc.).  The knife-wielding suspect supposedly charged the officers with the knife held out over his head (according to police statements).  Watch the video again & show me where the knife is and that he is charging the officers.  And this was another case where the officers pulled up way too close to the suspect and shot him dead within seconds of arriving.  Why no TASER or other non-lethal force (as the guy was NOT running at the officers).  The third shooting was probably justified; however, the video is not very good and the police officer's bodycam should have been operative (it's not that hard to put it on and push a button, even if you haven't been "fully trained" to use it).  And I don't know enough about their dashcams to determine if it should have been working or not, given that the car lighters weren't activated (another flaw in the system??).  But just because you believe what you do about these 3 incidents, no one is allowed to question them?  Calling them "murders" may be going a bit far, but possibly they were unjustified shootings, illegal use of deadly force, poor judgment calls by the officers, mishandled situations, ?????

__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
DietCoke

Registered:
Posts: 2,146
Reply with quote  #60 
How about an opposing opinion that someone else may have "blood on their hands"?  (You guys will love this!)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/cafe/blame-nra-not-deblasio-nyc-cop-murders

__________________
“If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.