Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 23      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
In my opinion much of this has to do with the election of the first black man as President, but a lot of it also undoubtedly has to do with the "browning" of America, and the fact that those Caucasians currently in power are seeing a future where THEY are the minority, and the power rests in the hands of "the other."
 


Of course in your opinion.  It has nothing to do with his color, he's just a jive turkey in the white house.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #92 

‘Racial’ Cop Stories That Didn’t Make The Cut

 

In 2012, according to the CDC, 140 blacks were killed by police. That same year 386 whites were killed by police. Over the 13-year period from 1999 to 2011, the CDC reports that 2,151 whites were killed by cops — and 1,130 blacks were killed by cops.

Larry elder

 

Police shootings, nationwide, are down dramatically from what they were 20 or 30 years ago. The CDC reported that in 1968, shootings by law enforcement — called “legal intervention” by the CDC — was the cause of death for 8.6 out of every million blacks. For whites the rate was was .9 deaths per million.

By 2011, law enforcement shootings caused 2.74 deaths for every million blacks, and 1.28 deaths for every million whites. While the death-by-cop rate for whites has held pretty steady over these last 45 years, hovering just above or below the one-in-a-million level, the rate for blacks has fallen. In 1981, black deaths by cop stood at four in a million, but since 2000 has remained just above or below two in a million.

So what’s driving this notion that there is now an “epidemic” of white cops shooting blacks when in the last several decades the numbers of blacks killed by cops are down nearly 75 percent?

Where’s the evidence suggesting race had anything to do with the death of 12-year-old Tamir Rice in Cleveland, who was pointing a pellet gun at bystanders before being shot and killed by police?

What’s the racial nexus to the death of Eric Gardner, the large, obese man who died after being taken down by several NYPD cops?

While the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case became another racial thermometer of America, the jury found Zimmerman not guilty, and several jurors later said that during jury deliberations “race never came up.”

The Ferguson, Missouri, shooting of Michael Brown by officer Darren Wilson is yet another case where there is absolutely no evidence that whatever happened occurred because of Michael Brown’s race. Did officer Wilson display racial animus? Does anyone know if this officer Wilson had some racist background? With the desire by media for a scalp, such information would have long ago been made public by somebody.

This white-cop-out-to-get-black-civilian narrative advances the interest of many. The media loves what Tom Wolfe called the “Great White Defendant” — a bad white guy everybody can agree to dislike. For the Democrats, it furthers their assertion that race remains a major problem in America, that Republicans/tea partiers/black conservatives are out to get them, and you must vote for us. For “activists” like the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, and local wannabes, it gives them continued relevance.

That this “epidemic” is imaginary can be demonstrated by the recent stories that never became national news.

In Mobile, Alabama, a black cop shot and killed an unarmed white teenager. As with Michael Brown, the Alabama teen was later found to have been under the influence of marijuana at the time of the shooting. The teen had also recently taken a hallucinogen, and was so stoned he thought he was on fire ?- and literally took his clothes off. Nude — and obviously unarmed — he was still later shot by the cop. Despite public pressure, a Mobile grand jury decided not to indict the black police officer, believing he acted in self-defense. Not national news.

In Salt Lake City, Utah, just two days after Brown was shot and killed in Ferguson, a “not white” cop shot and killed an unarmed 20-year-old man whose race has been described as Hispanic. The family of the dead man believes that the cop is a murderer. Not national news.

In Pennsylvania, a state trooper named Kelly Cruz was accused in 2009 of stomping on the head of a handcuffed suspect laying on the ground, resulting in facial fractures, a broken nose and damaged teeth. The trooper, at the time, was attached to a local drug task force and was part of a raid on a suspected meth lab. One of the men inside escaped during the raid, and the victim — who, according to another officer, was seen running from the scene and found five houses away — was thought to be the meth lab escapee. Turns out the victim was not a meth lab escapee. The local grand jury decided not to indict the trooper. The feds, however, filed civil rights charges against the cop. He was found not guilty by the federal jury. Not national news.

It is rare for a cop to shoot and kill any civilian. Excluding practice on the gun range, 95 percent of officers never discharge their firearm while in the line of duty, including those who work for big-city departments. The first time — and only time — officer Darren Wilson used his firearm while on duty was in the Michael Brown case. The facts do not support the narrative that there is an epidemic of white cops shooting unarmed blacks. We are being manipulated.

Larry Elder is a best-selling author and radio talk-show host. To find out more about Larry Elder, or become an “Elderado,” visit http://www.LarryElder.com.


__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #93 
Dewey and JG will get mad at me for getting personal, but so be it:

DC - if you believe all of this, then you would be a worse human being than I gave you credit for.  You would also be a liar and a bigot.

I say "would", because I don't know if you really believe all of this or not.  I hope not, because I don't very many that I truly hold deep contempt for, but you would be one of those people if you really believe all of this.

So, set me straight, call me out for making a bad assumption about you - tell me you don't really believe this.




Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke


From the Immoral Minority blog -

How Fox News purposefully fans racial fears, and strives to incite hatred for minorities among white middle class Americans.

 
[image]
This of course is nothing new and most of us have already become all too aware of the racist agenda of Fox News, the Tea Party, and numerous Republicans.

However in this article by Salon article, taking excerpts from the book The Wrongs of the Right: Language, Race, and the Republican Party in the Age of Obama, the pains they have taken to reignite racism in this country are laid out in no uncertain terms.  

The Fox News audience is distinct. Numerous studies have found Fox viewers to be less informed about political and current events than viewers of most other broadcast news and cable networks. This could mean either that Fox News performs less effectively in educating viewers or that Fox News attracts less knowledgeable audiences. Other studies have found that individuals who like news with in-depth interviews tend to watch network news and CNN more than Fox, and that individuals who prefer news that aligns with their already-formed opinions are much more likely to watch Fox News (while no such relationship exists for the CNN or network audiences). More research indicates that ABC, CBS, and NBC all favored their own polling numbers and reported “positive” polls for Bill Clinton and “negative” polls for George W. Bush, while Fox appeared to favor exactly the reverse. This would seem to indicate that Fox is simply on the conservative side of media bias. However, while all media outlets have political leanings, Fox News is exceptional in that Fox was especially willing to cite external polling numbers of Clinton if they were damaging—a practice that other news outlets did not perform. 

Fox News also appears to cater to ethnocentric assumptions. This discourse has grown with the election of Obama to the White House. In one study, researchers asked panelists where they obtained their televised news about national and international affairs. Roughly one-quarter of respondents indicated that they received their information from Fox News. At the time of the study, questions of Obama’s birth were being raised. When asked if they believed Obama was born in the United States, only 21 percent of Fox viewers said that Obama was American born. The authors of the study, Michael Tesler and David O. Sears, wrote, “[T]he reinforcing and/or persuasive role of oppositional media outlets like Fox News and conservative talk radio could make it increasingly difficult to disabuse the sizable minority of individuals disposed to accepting invalid assertions designed to paint Obama as the ‘other.’” In the face of such evidence, many Fox apologists, commentators, and guests often defended the views of Birthers and Tea Party activists. While frequent Fox talking head Ann Coulter claimed that that no one on Fox ever mentioned “Birtherism,” research indicates that not only did Fox News mention it; they ramped up coverage of the Birthers leading up to the April 2011 release of the “long form” birth certificate. Moreover, at least 85 percent (forty-four out of fifty-two) of false claims about Obama’s birth went unchallenged on Fox News. Fox segments repeated that Obama never produced a birth certificate, that Obama’s grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and that Obama spent $2 million in legal funds blocking the release of his birth certificate. 

The pundits:

For example, in July of 2008 Glenn Beck engaged in a pithy race-based fear-mongering remark on his Fox News show. He stated that Obama “has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture” and that Obama “is, I believe, a racist.” 

White viewers of Fox were constantly framed as people who should be frightened and apprehensive about issues pertaining to race. In February 2007 Glenn Beck stated that he doesn’t “have a lot of African-American friends [because] . . . I’m afraid that I would be in an open conversation, and I would say something that somebody would take wrong, and then it would be a nightmare.” In this same vein, Bill O’Reilly stated, “Instead of black and white Americans coming together, white Americans are terrified. They’re terrified. Now we can’t even say you’re articulate? We can’t even give you guys compliments because they may be taken as condescension?” In this way, Fox commentators played up racial fears and anxieties, while painting whites as victims of overly sensitive nonwhites, race-baiters, and political correctness. 

Seizing upon this fear, Fox News and right-wing commentators anointed themselves as the real civil rights activists of today’s “anti-white” era. Glenn Beck stated that his Restoring Honor rally was to “reclaim the civil rights movement.” 

The result:

By reshaping the president’s image into that of a thief (akin to Bernie Madoff) bent on stealing money from the US public, coupled with the portrayal of his tax plan (in which the rich pay more than the current tax rate) as utterly foreign, Levin presents xenophobic messages as objective news. 

These examples indicate how right-wing news marries Obama to the already hyper-reactionary Islamophobia and nativism that began anew in the post-9/11 United States. That widespread fear of the “others” in our midst (even the White House) drives public support for not only the GOP but also repressive national security policies, any policy that the Republicans can deem “socialist,” and a juggernaut industrial-military complex, while it also engenders an organized, grass-roots backlash in the form of hyper-conservative Christian groups and anti-immigrant, vigilante, white-supremacist, and nationalist organizations. 

In addition to being labeled non-Western, noncitizen, foreign, U.S.-hating, Nazi, Communist, and “Afro-Leninist,” Obama has been consistently constructed as an “affirmative action president.” Right-wing commentators continually tell their audiences that Obama did not achieve any of his successes on his own merit and that his inferior candidacy is thus being forced down their throats. A key talking head in this strategy has been Rush Limbaugh. For example, in May of 2008, Limbaugh stated, “Barack Obama is an affirmative action candidate”; and “[i] If Barack Obama were Caucasian, they would have taken this guy out on the basis of pure ignorance long ago.” Later, in June 2008, Limbaugh stated that the Democratic Party was “go[ing] with a veritable rookie [then Senator Obama] whose only chance of winning is that he’s black.” 

Of course not only has Fox News, and Right Wing media pushed this racist narrative, it has been backed up by the Republican politicians themselves in sometimes subtle, and not so subtle, ways, and even the Supreme Court seems to be fanning the flames with their recent decisions

No matter how much we may want to deny it, we are essentially in the middle of another civil rights movement. Only this time the bad guys are winning, and those who fought so valiantly in support of Martin Luther King's vision, are seeing his dream reduced to ashes.

In my opinion much of this has to do with the election of the first black man as President, but a lot of it also undoubtedly has to do with the "browning" of America, and the fact that those Caucasians currently in power are seeing a future where THEY are the minority, and the power rests in the hands of "the other."

 

bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 9,982
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Mayor Bill de Blasio (D-New York City) delivered another blow to New York’s Finest on Wednesday when he reappointed a Brooklyn judge who freed without bail two men who threatened cops just days after the Bed-Stuy double police assassination.




http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/01/01/bill-de-blasio-reappoints-judge-who-freed-men-who-threatened-nypd
woody

Registered:
Posts: 9,015
Reply with quote  #95 
From the video in post #69

1 Black Man Is Killed every 28 Hours By Police Or Vigilantes.


White police Officers Kill Black Suspects Twice A Week In The United States, Or An Average of 96 Times A Year.


After reading the statements above, I question who the "vigilantes" are.

Lets do the math.

365x24hrs=8760hrs
8760 hrs/28 hrs=312.8571428 Black men killed by Police or Vigilantes
-96 Black Suspects killed by police
= 216.8571428 Black Men Killed by either Vigilantes? Non White police officers? Aliens? Staph infection? Spontaneous Combustion?





__________________
Rats flee from the sinking vessel. They traverse nimbly upon a rope, safely cleated to the dock, that is private enterprise. Socialism is dead, and tits up in the water. A bloated, death show, for rubberneckers of all classes to view.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
ForeverInBlue

Registered:
Posts: 9,882
Reply with quote  #96 
The ongoing feud between deBlasio and the NYPD only worsened after a liberal black Muslim psycho assassinated two of NY's Finest in revenge for Martin and brown. Then this happened

NYPD: "we are going to stop citations and arrests for minor offenses."

After a few days, and a sizable decrease in citations and arrests...

Liberal elite "intellectuals": "lol, look at these stupid cops, all they're doing is proving we don't need nearly so many cops in NY."

New York City : "HOLD ON HERE! WE NEED THAT REVENUE!!"

Liberal elite "intellectuals" : "derp"

NYPD : "LOLOLOL!"
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Dewey and JG will get mad at me for getting personal, but so be it:

DC - if you believe all of this, then you would be a worse human being than I gave you credit for.  You would also be a liar and a bigot.



mikec - There have been members here who continuously call Liberals retarded, delusional, and terrible for America.  These same members have made it no secret they believe Liberals have no concern over veterans going without care and dying or immigrant children being raped.  They even say some Liberals and the President are causing police officers to die.  I could go on and on with how they describe Liberals because of the anger they have within.  In fact, they go far beyond calling "some" Liberals stupid, blind, uncaring, etc., by calling out fellow members here directly, as opposed to a general condemnation, and pinning these same demeaning adjectives on other members who write here in our forum.  It doesn't get more personal than that.

Here DC posted an article generalizing about Fox News and some Republicans.  Not a flattering one I'll agree and if it gets your blood boiling that some folks choose to paint other groups in a bad light, I can understand your thought process.  But in your case I'm having trouble buying it.  I'm not sure if you really do get upset, when others paint some people poorly, or if you get angry simply because some people are on the other side of the political aisle from you.  It's hard to tell based on when, what, and who you choose to condemn.  If you can handle members saying Liberals favor children raped and veterans dead, you can handle a link to blogger who calls out "some" Republicans for being racist.


CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #98 
On line threat to kill police officers:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/man-charged-with-making-online-threats-to-kill-st-louis/article_6e4157cc-607e-5be8-930a-dd38af1edb38.html
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #99 
CoachB - Threats to police have been going on for years.  Here are some examples from right wing idiots.

Anti police group


Couple saw police as oppressors


Sick and dangerous people are sick and dangerous people.  They won't disappear anytime soon.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 5,088
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Sick and dangerous people are sick and dangerous people.  They won't disappear anytime soon.

But they surely do not need to be emboldened by supposed leaders for their personal gain.

__________________
#SCOTUS

CoachB25

Registered:
Posts: 2,234
Reply with quote  #101 

Dewey, you are aware that the Sovereign Citizen's Movement doesn't even recognize the Federal Government.  They don't recognize the Constitution of the United States of America.  They don't recognize the legitimacy of the President of the United States or Congress.  How can you claim that they are right wing idiots?  I know a few of these guys and believe me, they aren't conservatives. 

Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #102 
CoachB - I didn't call them Conservatives.  Most refer to them as a right wing group but I'm not into labeling so call them what you wish.  My point is anti-police rhetoric can come from anywhere be it in the political sense or otherwise.  Like I noted in my often used example, I think authority knows full well the implication of "from my cold dead fingers".
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #103 
Nice try.

DC is the first to post everything around here in a way that implies or outright says that Conservatives oppose this POTUS on racial grounds.

DC has a habit of posting these articles, then running away like a little girl.

DC accuses us all of being a racist.

DC believes that a black kid pulling out a gun, then being shot by a white officer, is racially motivated.

DC refuses to believe that a kid who just committed a felony, who then attacks a police officer, and is then subsequently killed, could not be anything but a racist incident.

If DC believes everything that happens in this country is racially motivated, then DC is, in fact, the racist.

I am curious to hear DC say whether DC espouses the views in the article that DC posted.

I could care less what Dewey thinks that DC may be thinking.

DC has an opportunity to come right out with.

After 6 years, that is still all you've got - Conservatives are racists?

As I said, if you think everything is racially motivated, then you are the problem, not everyone else.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Dewey and JG will get mad at me for getting personal, but so be it:

DC - if you believe all of this, then you would be a worse human being than I gave you credit for.  You would also be a liar and a bigot.




mikec - There have been members here who continuously call Liberals retarded, delusional, and terrible for America.  These same members have made it no secret they believe Liberals have no concern over veterans going without care and dying or immigrant children being raped.  They even say some Liberals and the President are causing police officers to die.  I could go on and on with how they describe Liberals because of the anger they have within.  In fact, they go far beyond calling "some" Liberals stupid, blind, uncaring, etc., by calling out fellow members here directly, as opposed to a general condemnation, and pinning these same demeaning adjectives on other members who write here in our forum.  It doesn't get more personal than that.

Here DC posted an article generalizing about Fox News and some Republicans.  Not a flattering one I'll agree and if it gets your blood boiling that some folks choose to paint other groups in a bad light, I can understand your thought process.  But in your case I'm having trouble buying it.  I'm not sure if you really do get upset, when others paint some people poorly, or if you get angry simply because some people are on the other side of the political aisle from you.  It's hard to tell based on when, what, and who you choose to condemn.  If you can handle members saying Liberals favor children raped and veterans dead, you can handle a link to blogger who calls out "some" Republicans for being racist.


Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #104 
mikec - Your debate with DC isn't what interests me.  I'm simply sharing my belief that you are only offended when it comes to one side.  I find it lacks any credibility and that it's simply political in nature.  Btw, did DC ever call you a racist directly?  I'll condemn that if he/she has because I don't think anyone can know what's in another person's head.  Btw again, do you find accusing a group of people as favoring kids being raped as less offensive than accusing a group of people as being racist?  Sorry, but I'm betting if the Left suggested the Right favored harm to children, you'd sing a different tune.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #105 

You an JG get all discombobulated when someone calls someone out personally, which is why I put that.  I don't do that often.

As for everyone else's comments, my only comment is that you don't often see me using those terms.  Therefore, you can infer that it is my belief that those things aren't needed to make arguments.

As per my last post, however, DC rarely issues a creative thought, but has said that DC only posts links that DC agrees with.

DC can't even articulate when deadly force is justified.  DC's response to my question about that was weak, but I let it go, because at least it was an answer.

I have grown extremely weary of everything being racial.

I have not said DC is a bigot, but I have said if DC believes everything is has a racial motive, then DC would be a bigot.

DC can answer that one, just like everyone here answers for themselves when you accuse them of some of things you reference here.

DC, however, refuses to post an original thought, or to take a position on anything, other than posting articles.

I can't say, yet, that DC is a racist, because DC refuses to take ownership of DC's own posts.  I am hoping DC will say something, anything, that would let the readers know that DC does not agree with everything that DC posts, and that DC does not believe that cops and conservatives are racists.

Dewey can not speak for DC on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec
Dewey and JG will get mad at me for getting personal, but so be it:

DC - if you believe all of this, then you would be a worse human being than I gave you credit for.  You would also be a liar and a bigot.



mikec - There have been members here who continuously call Liberals retarded, delusional, and terrible for America.  These same members have made it no secret they believe Liberals have no concern over veterans going without care and dying or immigrant children being raped.  They even say some Liberals and the President are causing police officers to die.  I could go on and on with how they describe Liberals because of the anger they have within.  In fact, they go far beyond calling "some" Liberals stupid, blind, uncaring, etc., by calling out fellow members here directly, as opposed to a general condemnation, and pinning these same demeaning adjectives on other members who write here in our forum.  It doesn't get more personal than that.

Here DC posted an article generalizing about Fox News and some Republicans.  Not a flattering one I'll agree and if it gets your blood boiling that some folks choose to paint other groups in a bad light, I can understand your thought process.  But in your case I'm having trouble buying it.  I'm not sure if you really do get upset, when others paint some people poorly, or if you get angry simply because some people are on the other side of the political aisle from you.  It's hard to tell based on when, what, and who you choose to condemn.  If you can handle members saying Liberals favor children raped and veterans dead, you can handle a link to blogger who calls out "some" Republicans for being racist.


Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #106 
mikec - Clearly you've grown weary of what the Left does but not what the Right does.  You said as much the other day when you admitted growing weary of those who have spent six years defending Obama but not those who have spent six years condemning him.  I was just hoping I could get you to see you are becoming politically myopic.  A fellow Conservative being accused of racism leads to your flipping out but a Liberal being accused of favoring child molestation falls on deaf ears.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #107 
You are becoming quite the comedian.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
mikec - Clearly you've grown weary of what the Left does but not what the Right does.  You said as much the other day when you admitted growing weary of those who have spent six years defending Obama but not those who have spent six years condemning him.  I was just hoping I could get you to see you are becoming politically myopic.  A fellow Conservative being accused of racism leads to your flipping out but a Liberal being accused of favoring child molestation falls on deaf ears.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #108 
mikec - Well, I wasn't trying to be funny.  It's just that the double standard confounds me.
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 8,296
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey
mikec - Well, I wasn't trying to be funny.  It's just that the double standard confounds me.


I will try this one more time, because I think you are trying to get me to call you names now.

Whoever said that other stuff got called out by you, and they could defend it or not.

DC posted a bunch of inflammatory stuff, and hides behind you.

As for double standards, after I picked my jaw up off the table, I was able to laugh that you, of all people, would have the nads to call someone else politically myopic.  That's why I thought you must be trying to be funny, because even you have to see how funny that is.

Now, maybe you can stop this, and let DC answer if DC believes all this crap that DC posts.
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #110 
mikec - Sometimes questions go unanswered.  It happens.

Do you find accusing some Liberals as generally favoring kids being raped as less offensive than accusing some Republicans as being racist?


DC can give his/her answer but what I read is a blogger who said some Republicans are racist.  I think it's a true statement and can be said about some Republicans, Liberals, women, men, Christians, and any other segment of the population you can name.

Edit:  Actually, the blogger said "numerous" which still doesn't suggest all.

Edit II:  And if you don't want to touch that question, I don't care who comes to help.  Anyone who feels they have a good response can offer up an answer.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #111 
"DC has a habit of posting these articles, then running away like a little girl."

I'm pretty sure Dietcoke is a girl and that's ok. The content and manner in her posts make me think this and she has never denied when I've made that observation about her. FWIW. She gets frustrated like masare and dinger also and I can only read that one way. DC will hide behind dewy like his harem tends to do. Lots of links, little insight and yes she let's others do the talking for her. She has few original thoughts but if they are anti-police she's like a moth to the flame, somewhat like dewy in defense of curious george.

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #112 
against the real thing that we need to have a conversation about in this country and it's the American ghetto. And that's where most of the policing unfortunately has to be applied. The American ghetto has chronic poverty, high unemployment where people can't find meaningful work, and kids shackled to failing public schools ensuring that they won't reach their God-given potential. This creates a permanent underclass in this country and ensures that this group of people will continue to live life at the bottom. That's the kind of conversation that we need to have, as to how these failed liberal government policies have led to the creation and emergence of the welfare state. And that characterizes the American ghetto. Let's have that conversation and get off this nonsense that it's the policing profession that needs to be transformed. There's nothing wrong with the policing of, or institution of, policing in America.
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,036
Reply with quote  #113 
Great post KIR.  The liberal ideologies - unlimited handouts, abandonment of God, abortion on demand, denigration of marriage - have all contributed to the decline of the inner city.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #114 
Hehe
I wish I could take credit for it. It was written by a black law man. I didn't credit him because it would be too easy to prove who spoke those words. Don't tell DC

It did remind me of DC because she says most often how police need more training. This law officer calls BS to that smokescreen

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #115 
I can only imagine if I had done that.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 11,036
Reply with quote  #116 
At least he fessed up to it without having to be prompted.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #117 
Are you whining again. You need some kleenex? It was really chum for DC and pabar beat her to the punch.
I wanted you or DC to ask how I could personally know about the American ghetto and I was going to spring it on you. This is more fun than Dave and Buster's

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Dewey

Registered:
Posts: 24,423
Reply with quote  #118 
pabar - Yeah, that's it.  Nothing to do with one's political perspective.  Same conversation I'm having with mikec.  The double standards here are too blatant to ignore.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #119 
Funniest shlt I've ever seen
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 23,683
Reply with quote  #120 
I guess I should have pm'd pabar. Next time. I know you are west coast time and have time for his silliness, I have a funeral early a.m.
until manana

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.