Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 5 of 15     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 9,508
Reply with quote  #121 
At least all the republicans on this board have, without a doubt, denounced everything that is to do with White Supremacist and the Nazi's (even thought they are socialist).

To say that Antifa "is at least on the right side" is excusing their tactics which to most are deplorable.
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #122 
Like most Libs, Fresh is using the "ends justifies the means" defense for inexcusable conduct.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,316
Reply with quote  #123 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
Like most Libs, Fresh is using the "ends justifies the means" defense for inexcusable conduct.


At no time have I ever advocated the ends justify the means. I mean just what was so eloquently put in that quote from the New Yorker. Doesn't excuse their behaviour, but they are on the right side. Don't read intent into my words. I generally say exactly what I mean. The link goes to an exally well written piece on antifa. 

__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,316
Reply with quote  #124 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Sad that you can't come up with any new material.


Sad you can't ever come up with proof of your claims. Echos from the circle of jerk won't work on me. Not a conspiracy guy.

__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 14,802
Reply with quote  #125 
Not to pat myself on the back, but I'm not sure who has ever provided more substantiation for his claims over the past 5 years than I have.
__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 9,508
Reply with quote  #126 
I wouldn't argue with that claim - pabar knows his stuff.  Dude keeps up
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 33,545
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Not to pat myself on the back, but I'm not sure who has ever provided more substantiation for his claims over the past 5 years than I have.


I'd 2nd that after Durden's motion

__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #128 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
At no time have I ever advocated the ends justify the means. I mean just what was so eloquently put in that quote from the New Yorker. Doesn't excuse their behaviour, but they are on the right side. Don't read intent into my words. I generally say exactly what I mean. The link goes to an exally well written piece on antifa. 

It's clear as day - you tacitly downplay their inexcusable behavior (means) by promoting your perception of their intentions (ends). 

Please explain your support for anarchists that advocate violence and becoming ungovernable.

[Occupy-Oakland-Twitter-340x189] 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 33,545
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad

It's clear as day - you tacitly downplay their inexcusable behavior (means) by promoting your perception of their intentions (ends). 

Please explain your support for anarchists that advocate violence and becoming ungovernable.

[Occupy-Oakland-Twitter-340x189] 



We've posted that before but worth repeating I guess.  Yes and when he "you tacitly downplay their inexcusable behavior" then I know and you know that he's trolling this forum

__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
... As Josh Marshall points out, at Talking Points Memo, these situations tend to work to the benefit of reactionaries, not progressives:

Check out the link for a history of antifa and commentary
They are bad, but at least on the right side. They actually help Trump with their tactics by giving the nazis propaganda ammo.

That article is a mess - it uses nomenclature to try and make a distinction where there is really little-to-no difference. Seriously, what is the difference between "law and order" and "stronger rule of law and an empowered state behind it"? LMAO It's pure delusional rationalization.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,316
Reply with quote  #131 
It's clear as day - you tacitly downplay their inexcusable behavior (means) by promoting your perception of their intentions (ends). 

I stated their intentions......defeating fascists are the good guys. I have stated, about 1000 times I don't support violence in any form except as self defense. How many more ways do I have to say it. I will not equate fighting fascists with hanging black people, burning them out of their homes and stating jews are subhuman. You may, if you wish.

__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #132 
Trump's general denunciation of hate, violence, racism and bigotry was deemed insufficient cuz he didn't call them out by name. Same applies to you Fresh - you need to denounce antifa's violence specifically or it will be clear you condone their actions. 

You also didn't address antifa's larger goals of anarchism.

BTW, I'm denounced antifa, KKK, Nazis and WS. So, FU for your spurious suggestion.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,316
Reply with quote  #133 
I thought I just did. I do not support antifa violence. I don't support antifa hitting someone, spitting on someone, hitting someone with a stick, kicking someone, pushing someone, slapping someone, kicking someone's car, slugging dogs and cats. I don't support antifa macing someone, other than self defense. I don't support antifa pushing someone down, picking someone up, tying ropes to someone and dragging them through the streets, riding a horse through a street full of people, driving a tank through a group of people, flying an airplane through a group of people. I don't support antifa spilling paint on someone, spilling acid on someone, stepping on someone's foot, pushing to the front of the line at Hardees, Burger King, McDonalds. I don't support aw fukk, you might get it by now.

If you don't like how the article was written, sorry.

__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 17,928
Reply with quote  #134 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
I thought I just did. I do not support antifa violence. I don't support antifa hitting someone, spitting on someone, hitting someone with a stick, kicking someone, pushing someone, slapping someone, kicking someone's car, slugging dogs and cats. I don't support antifa macing someone, other than self defense. I don't support antifa pushing someone down, picking someone up, tying ropes to someone and dragging them through the streets, riding a horse through a street full of people, driving a tank through a group of people, flying an airplane through a group of people. I don't support antifa spilling paint on someone, spilling acid on someone, stepping on someone's foot, pushing to the front of the line at Hardees, Burger King, McDonalds. I don't support aw fukk, you might get it by now.

If you don't like how the article was written, sorry.

good post.  

__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 17,928
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
It's clear as day - you tacitly downplay their inexcusable behavior (means) by promoting your perception of their intentions (ends). 

I stated their intentions......defeating fascists are the good guys. I have stated, about 1000 times I don't support violence in any form except as self defense. How many more ways do I have to say it. I will not equate fighting fascists with hanging black people, burning them out of their homes and stating jews are subhuman. You may, if you wish.

Forming a fascist group of black block violent thugs to thwart fascism is exactly the mistake.  These guys could not be making any bigger mistake in history.  Becoming a fascist to fight fascism, that is how it all goes wrong.

That is the very definition of what Hitlers Brown Shirts were doing.  There is exactly zero difference from Antifa, Hitlers Brown Shirts, KKK, Modern day Nazi's and WS.  

You may want to go back to your left friends and spend a bit of time with them on this.  Even though it took us way to long to get you to the errors of this way, you eventually got to it.  A lot on the left are severely confused right now.  That is not good for the country.

__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 14,802
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
I thought I just did. I do not support antifa violence. I don't support antifa hitting someone, spitting on someone, hitting someone with a stick, kicking someone, pushing someone, slapping someone, kicking someone's car, slugging dogs and cats. I don't support antifa macing someone, other than self defense. I don't support antifa pushing someone down, picking someone up, tying ropes to someone and dragging them through the streets, riding a horse through a street full of people, driving a tank through a group of people, flying an airplane through a group of people. I don't support antifa spilling paint on someone, spilling acid on someone, stepping on someone's foot, pushing to the front of the line at Hardees, Burger King, McDonalds. I don't support aw fukk, you might get it by now.

If you don't like how the article was written, sorry.


We agree on everything you said. The final thing for you to realize is that Antifa has no noble purpose or agenda.  Their fake agenda is opposing white supremacy but their actions consistently belie that fake agenda.  Their real agenda is anarchy and you can find plenty of social media posts to support that conclusion.

__________________
Will I Wynn is a poster who used to go by the name of Dewey.  He used to criticize people who did that.

"Once you open your eyes, it's impossible to be a Democrat." - CJ Pearson
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #137 
"I don't support" is not the same as denouncing - sounds like you're still dodging the issue.

Fresh also dodged my question about the article he promoted - Seriously, what is the difference between "law and order" and "stronger rule of law and an empowered state behind it"? - because he can't answer it. 

Authoritarianism is in the eye of the beholder.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 17,928
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
"I don't support" is not the same as denouncing - sounds like you're still dodging the issue.

Fresh also dodged my question about the article he promoted - Seriously, what is the difference between "law and order" and "stronger rule of law and an empowered state behind it"? - because he can't answer it. 

Authoritarianism is in the eye of the beholder.

good points.  Will be interesting to see the answers.

__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

Will_I_Wynn

Registered:
Posts: 6,507
Reply with quote  #139 
Again, did any right leaning member denounce our member using the word faggot?  One did long after the fact.  Does that mean teh others here condone it's use?  Probably not.  This criticizm aimed at one side in this instance is quite unfair. 
__________________
#CheckThePresidency 

Nicole Wallace - "You can't ever stop talking about how abnormal the behavior of the leader of the free world is."

 Trump should be honest with the American people.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 17,928
Reply with quote  #140 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_I_Wynn
Again, did any right leaning member denounce our member using the word faggot?  One did long after the fact.  Does that mean teh others here condone it's use?  Probably not.  This criticizm aimed at one side in this instance is quite unfair. 

Hey dewy!  How is it going?

__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #141 
Same old Dewey... Only thing new is hiding under a different name.

If you're really interested in fairness, you would've called out left-leaning members for their egregious name calling. #hypocrisy
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 4,057
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
"I don't support" is not the same as denouncing - sounds like you're still dodging the issue.

Fresh also dodged my question about the article he promoted - Seriously, what is the difference between "law and order" and "stronger rule of law and an empowered state behind it"? - because he can't answer it. 

Authoritarianism is in the eye of the beholder.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 9,508
Reply with quote  #143 
I have never been more convinced of anything in my life.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 33,545
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
I have never been more convinced of anything in my life.


dewy has purchased the handle from one of the 2004 pioneers

__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 33,545
Reply with quote  #145 
Berkeley antiFa member mugshot, make him famous.  For the 50,000 readers

[DIaXxtQVwAAU61w]

__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 17,928
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


dewy has purchased the handle from one of the 2004 pioneers

What did Will_I_Wynn behave like before Dewey took his skin off and put it on?  Image below applies:

[image] 



__________________
"Tonight, we renew our resolve that America will never be a socialist country.   We are born free and we will stay free. "

keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 33,545
Reply with quote  #147 
Row 1 (L-R) Brittany Mooreman, Emily Gillespie, Harlan Paknau. Row 2 (L-R) James Dominic, Joshua Phillips, Kristopher Wyrick, Levi Smith. Row 3 (L-R) Rachael Lea Moore, Sean Hines, Seth Vasquez, Yesenia Mendez. (Phots/Alameda County Sheriff)

Row 1: (left to right) Brittany Mooreman, Emily Gillespie, Harlan Paknau. Row 2: James Dominic, Joshua Phillips, Kristopher Wyrick, Levi Smith. Row 3: Rachael Lea Moore, Sean Hines,
Seth Vasquez, Yesenia Mendez. (Photos/Alameda County Sheriff)

Berkeley Police released mugshots Tuesday of 11 of the 13 persons arrested at Sunday’s violent political riots in the California university town.

Charges include assault with a deadly weapon, felony assault and various municipal code violations.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2017/08/unmasked-11-antifa-mugshots-guaranteed-to-make-your-blood-boil/#ejdD1SxyAuGx4ztv.99



__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,316
Reply with quote  #148 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad
"I don't support" is not the same as denouncing - sounds like you're still dodging the issue.

Fresh also dodged my question about the article he promoted - Seriously, what is the difference between "law and order" and "stronger rule of law and an empowered state behind it"? - because he can't answer it. 

Authoritarianism is in the eye of the beholder.


I will not jump through any more hoops on the subject of antifa and whether I support their use of violence. You'll have to be satisfied with my answer. I will reread the article and report back to you. Haven't disected it to the degree you have. 

__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 33,545
Reply with quote  #149 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


I will not jump through any more hoops on the subject of antifa and whether I support their use of violence. You'll have to be satisfied with my answer. I will reread the article and report back to you. Haven't disected it to the degree you have. 


Translation= I'll await the dem talking points before I can formulate my answer

__________________

Shut up doofus. Not talking to you. 
 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 7,316
Reply with quote  #150 
Fresh also dodged my question about the article he promoted - Seriously, what is the difference between "law and order" and "stronger rule of law and an empowered state behind it"? - because he can't answer it. 

Authoritarianism is in the eye of the beholder.


The article states nazis wield power through force. Their intent is to break down societal laws and force a violent reaction. In forcing a violent reaction, they in effect, win. The author is making the point that in nazi Germany, the populace sat back and allowed the nazis to assume power with little fight. The fear of reprisal kept the populace at bay. I'm not sure of your point with the sentences you quoted, but possibly violence is the only viable alternative if the local law enforcement stands by or is undermanned to handle the threat. The nazis thrive in a lawless environment and a stronger "rule of law" is necessary to restrain them. 

Who are you trying to say the authoritarians are? The government, antifa or the nazis? I don't have a good grasp on that last sentence.

__________________
The hard right is certainly passionate and emotional about their causes. But in the end, devoid of factual evidence, they are, as President Obama so wisely and succinctly put it, just saying stuff. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.