Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 13 of 14     «   Prev   10   11   12   13   14   Next
TerpAlum

Registered:
Posts: 765
Reply with quote  #361 
Coach B------It is always all about you isn't it....
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 4,135
Reply with quote  #362 
Terp, you ole scissor-fighter. Why do you hate men so? Daddy didn't love you enough? 
__________________
"She Packed My Bags Last Night, Pre-Flight, Zero Hour Nine A.M."
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,725
Reply with quote  #363 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Coach B------It is always all about you isn't it....

So you come here as a raging feminist and accuse Coach of all kinds of ugly things. When he defends himself with facts that you are completely ignorant of you then double down with this stupid comment. 
What a tool you are. 

__________________
#SCOTUS
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,644
Reply with quote  #364 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Terp, you ole scissor-fighter. Why do you hate men so? Daddy didn't love you enough? 


You're close, her hatred of white men stems from deep scars from the past

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,725
Reply with quote  #365 
St. Louis-area youth football team kneels during anthem


Jay BusbeeShutdown CornerSep 20, 2017, 5:53 AM


Colin Kaepernick’s protests of the national anthem have run throughout the national conversation for more than a year, and now his influence has reached even the youngest levels of football.

All the players on Cahokia Quarterback Club youth football team, located in Belleville, Illinois, a suburb of St. Louis, knelt during the “The Star-Spangled Banner” prior to a game on Sunday. The team of 8-year-olds made the move, coach Orlando Gooden said, in response to riots wracking the city in the wake of another white police officer being found not guilty in a fatal shooting of a black man in a case with several questionable circumstances.

__________________
#SCOTUS
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #366 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
St. Louis-area youth football team kneels during anthem Jay BusbeeShutdown CornerSep 20, 2017, 5:53 AM Colin Kaepernick’s protests of the national anthem have run throughout the national conversation for more than a year, and now his influence has reached even the youngest levels of football. All the players on Cahokia Quarterback Club youth football team, located in Belleville, Illinois, a suburb of St. Louis, knelt during the “The Star-Spangled Banner” prior to a game on Sunday. The team of 8-year-olds made the move, coach Orlando Gooden said, in response to riots wracking the city in the wake of another white police officer being found not guilty in a fatal shooting of a black man in a case with several questionable circumstances.


You positive or negative about this?
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,575
Reply with quote  #367 
Indoctrinating and using young children to fulfill a political goal is pretty F'd up. Hitler youth comes to mind.
__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,644
Reply with quote  #368 
Old man Fresh, How did you avoid the draft in 1967 when you were 18?   People who didn't serve often times have a laissez-faire attitude toward our flag and our history.  You seem to fit in that category of a rabble rouser and I would surely hate for our youth to play ball for such an America hater.

You sure have a lot of questions but never seem to be able to answer any

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,644
Reply with quote  #369 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Indoctrinating and using young children to fulfill a political goal is pretty F'd up. Hitler youth comes to mind.


Great point

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #370 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Indoctrinating and using young children to fulfill a political goal is pretty F'd up. Hitler youth comes to mind.


Displays of citizenship you don't agree with don't make them any less genuine or legitimate for that matter. If all the parents agreed with that sentiment, then it was appropriate. As a coach, I'd never ask for a display like that unless every parent was all in. If select players chose to kneel, I'd support that. If a select few chose to display a swatstika, I'd support that. I would support these actions to the point they interfered with our ability to play ball. If it became a distraction, we'd have a talk.
woody

Registered:
Posts: 8,575
Reply with quote  #371 
I call BS. If A coach wanted to make a difference in the lives of those young people, they would teach them to be responsible and respect our nation, our flag, and the people that died to provide them with the freedom to be an idiot. If that were my child, I as a parent would have quietly walked over, grabbed them by the ear and took them off the field, never to return. The coach and the board of directors would have also gotten an earful for promoting or allowiing this disgraceful behavior by children.
__________________
Anarcho Capitalism. Get some, and no you can't have any of my money to live off of you Socialist Democrat.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #372 
Then I would have known that in advance and we would not do it as "a team". I would still support individuals to do it.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 22,644
Reply with quote  #373 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Then I would have known that in advance and we would not do it as "a team". I would still support individuals to do it.


Being a draft dodger and all

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #374 
Hard to lie about a hypothetical situation. 

As a coach, I'd never ask for a display like that unless every parent was all in.

How could it be a lie?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,192
Reply with quote  #375 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh


You positive or negative about this?


From a Constitutional standpoint, I support it.  From a parenting and teaching kids the meaning of respect, I find it abhorrent.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #376 
Do you respect the constitution?

Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #377 
Could our founding fathers have had a clearer vision of what makes a country great than you?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,192
Reply with quote  #378 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
Do you respect the constitution?



Yes.  But there are many things our kids need to respect.
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #379 
And mine as well. Why are your beliefs more important, in a free society, than mine?
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,192
Reply with quote  #380 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
And mine as well. Why are your beliefs more important, in a free society, than mine?


Who said they were?
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,223
Reply with quote  #381 
This list of the most and least educated states has an almost perfect correlation to voters. The most educated are Blue / Liberal / Democrat / Left. The lease educated are Red / Conservative / Republican / Right

The top ten most educated states are:

  1. Massachusetts
  2. Maryland
  3. Colorado
  4. Connecticut
  5. Vermont
  6. New Hampshire
  7. Virginia
  8. Minnesota
  9. Washington
  10. New Jersey

While the 10 least educated states are:

41. Oklahoma
42. Texas
43. Tennessee
44. Alabama
45. Nevada
46. Kentucky
47. Arkansas
48. Louisiana
49. Mississippi
50. West Virginia

Methodology

 In order to determine the most and least educated states in America, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states across as follows:

-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a High School Diploma: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)
-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least Some College Experience or an Associate's Degree: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)
-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a Bachelor's Degree: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)
-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a Graduate or Professional Degree: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)

 


__________________

 

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,192
Reply with quote  #382 
Don't confuse education with intelligence.  Bill Gates didn't graduate from college.  Neither did Mark Zuckerberg.  Neither did Larry Ellison.  Others include John Rockefeller, John Glenn, Steve Jobs, Mark Twain, Henry Ford, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Albert Einstein.

By the way, where are California and New York on that list?
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 3,252
Reply with quote  #383 
how did Alabama move up from 50 to 44?
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #384 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF
This list of the most and least educated states has an almost perfect correlation to voters. The most educated are Blue / Liberal / Democrat / Left. The lease educated are Red / Conservative / Republican / Right

The top ten most educated states are:

  1. Massachusetts
  2. Maryland
  3. Colorado
  4. Connecticut
  5. Vermont
  6. New Hampshire
  7. Virginia
  8. Minnesota
  9. Washington
  10. New Jersey

While the 10 least educated states are:

41. Oklahoma
42. Texas
43. Tennessee
44. Alabama
45. Nevada
46. Kentucky
47. Arkansas
48. Louisiana
49. Mississippi
50. West Virginia

Methodology

 In order to determine the most and least educated states in America, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states across as follows:

-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a High School Diploma: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)
-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least Some College Experience or an Associate's Degree: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)
-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a Bachelor's Degree: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)
-Share of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a Graduate or Professional Degree: Full Weight (~20.00 Points)

 




Why go to college and rack up debt if you can walk in west TX or western OK, and make good money in the oilfield, or on a wind farm. Also Oklahoma has a very strong vocational training system integrated into the high school level.

Maybe those states are red because their underlying belief system is independence and self reliance. 

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,192
Reply with quote  #385 
Amazing how all the "educated" states voted for the loser and all but one of the "uneducated" states voted for the winner.  Who are the smart ones?
Fresh

Registered:
Posts: 1,690
Reply with quote  #386 
I agree. Education is way overrated. Our alt right boys in the circle know that. 

spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,725
Reply with quote  #387 
Cool. Now we are racists and uneducated. One more and it's a trifecta but I'm sure you have plenty. With six you get eggrolls

__________________
#SCOTUS
Lost_1

Registered:
Posts: 2,507
Reply with quote  #388 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh
I agree. Education is way overrated. Our alt right boys in the circle know that. 




I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

__________________
If we are not careful, our colleges will produce a group of close-minded, unscientific, illogical propagandists, consumed with immoral acts. - Dr. Martin Luther King


“Everyone is in favor of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.” Winston S. Churchill


Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 2,223
Reply with quote  #389 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61
Don't confuse education with intelligence.  Bill Gates didn't graduate from college.  Neither did Mark Zuckerberg.  Neither did Larry Ellison.  Others include John Rockefeller, John Glenn, Steve Jobs, Mark Twain, Henry Ford, Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, and Albert Einstein.

By the way, where are California and New York on that list?



I didn't make the list. But with only 1 or 2 exceptions, it was a list of all the blue states first and all the red states last. 

And there are exceptions to every rule. But the more intelligent people are also liberals. Conservatives believe things like the earth is 6000 years old and climate change is a hoax. 

__________________

 

pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 9,192
Reply with quote  #390 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



I didn't make the list. But with only 1 or 2 exceptions, it was a list of all the blue states first and all the red states last. 

And there are exceptions to every rule. But the more intelligent people are also liberals. Conservatives believe things like the earth is 6000 years old and climate change is a hoax. 


Okay spanky but where are California and New York on the list?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.