Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 37      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 3,292
Reply with quote  #61 
Watching the news this morning, they are parading pol after pol through, and every one of them seems genuinely excited to be talking about actual work getting done by them. The entire congressional system had become stagnate and now seems energized. The trump effect is expanding. It's an amazing thing to witness.
__________________
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 2,057
Reply with quote  #62 
They would have no choice but to give him credit for this one, but Pdad is right about the other one - it's pretty black and white.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #63 
Me, I am hoping an 8 year nevertrumper MSM echo chamber circle jerk of mass proportions.  All the while Trump restores American economic, research, energy and manufacturing prowess.

To me no way you spin this jobs win away.  No matter how hard you want to sit on the ground about "no plant closing" blah blah blah.  MSM is full of retards that actually think people are not smart enough to understand that jobs kept in the US are jobs kept in the US!

@Ford On twitter:
"Louisville plant wasn’t moving; MKC was. Pres-elect’s econ policy will help boost US competitiveness, keep MKC here. http://
ford.to/2g4yfnv"

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/799684896729993216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And here is the statement directly from Ford.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY STATEMENT ON U.S. MANUFACTURING

We continue to engage with President-elect Trump’s team – and the new Congress – as they shape the policy agenda for 2017. We have shared our commitment to continue investing in the U.S. and creating American jobs – building on the $12 billion we have invested in our U.S. plants and the nearly 28,000 U.S. jobs Ford has created in the past five years. Ford continues to employ more American autoworkers and produce more American made vehicles than anyone.

On Thursday, we confirmed with the President-elect that, with his support, our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States.

We will have more details to share on our future plans at the appropriate time.

bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 8,905
Reply with quote  #64 
PDad should get to win one every now and then......

Well, maybe not!   [biggrin]
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 8,354
Reply with quote  #65 
One example of how Trump will be so much better than Obama.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/family-of-slain-sapd-officer-says-trump-called-to-offer-condolences

bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 8,905
Reply with quote  #66 
Quote:

In an interview with The Breakfast Club a radio show in New York City, rapper Nick Cannon said Planned Parenthood is committing a genocide against black Americans.

“Hillary was sneaking and cheating,” Cannon said. “Think about all the stuff they did with Planned Parenthood and all that type of stuff. That type of stuff is to take our community — and forget gentrification, it’s real genocide, and it’s been like that for years. This system is not built for us.”




Quote:
Currently, Planned Parenthood kills more than 850 African-Americans a day in its abortion clinics. African-Americans account for 37 percent of all abortions, yet only represent 13 percent of the population.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #67 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog




There you go blue.  That is a great recipe to win on the ProLife issue.  

I have long suspected that there is a conservative christian element in the African American community.  If they can get over the obvious games the democrats play every year, they will naturally lean republican.  

We need to do extra work this cycle to deliver real jobs, remove the pressure of immigration on their communities, and get to a reasonable place with them on crime.  Projects like the Ford MKC production directly go right to the bottom lines of those communities.  

If that happens you could see long term shift in demographics in the US.
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,228
Reply with quote  #68 
Prepare for Cannon's career to nosedive when all the snowflakes abandon him for the standard reasons that they have been told are truthful.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
Prepare for Cannon's career to nosedive when all the snowflakes abandon him for the standard reasons that they have been told are truthful.

Sorry, which Cannon?
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,362
Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
@Ford On twitter:
"Louisville plant wasn’t moving; MKC was. Pres-elect’s econ policy will help boost US competitiveness, keep MKC here. http://ford.to/2g4yfnv"

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/799684896729993216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And here is the statement directly from Ford.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY STATEMENT ON U.S. MANUFACTURING

We continue to engage with President-elect Trump’s team – and the new Congress – as they shape the policy agenda for 2017. We have shared our commitment to continue investing in the U.S. and creating American jobs – building on the $12 billion we have invested in our U.S. plants and the nearly 28,000 U.S. jobs Ford has created in the past five years. Ford continues to employ more American autoworkers and produce more American made vehicles than anyone.

On Thursday, we confirmed with the President-elect that, with his support, our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States.

We will have more details to share on our future plans at the appropriate time. 


Thanks, however they're declining to reveal their future plans. Nothing supports your earlier claims of saving "1/2 the jobs" nor increasing Escape production in the US. Lower demand for those vehicles and the resulting 2-week shutdown was a bigger factor than Trump being elected.

Ford is still investing $4.1 billion in Mexican plants for expansion. The bad news is they're not backing off that. The good news is the US plants currently producing the small car models going to Mexico will remain open to produce other products instead.


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #71 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
Me, I am hoping an 8 year nevertrumper MSM echo chamber circle jerk of mass proportions.  All the while Trump restores American economic, research, energy and manufacturing prowess.

To me no way you spin this jobs win away.  No matter how hard you want to sit on the ground about "no plant closing" blah blah blah.  MSM is full of retards that actually think people are not smart enough to understand that jobs kept in the US are jobs kept in the US!

@Ford On twitter:
"Louisville plant wasn’t moving; MKC was. Pres-elect’s econ policy will help boost US competitiveness, keep MKC here. http://ford.to/2g4yfnv"

https://twitter.com/Ford/status/799684896729993216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

And here is the statement directly from Ford.

NOV 18, 2016 | DEARBORN, MICH.

FORD MOTOR COMPANY STATEMENT ON U.S. MANUFACTURING

We continue to engage with President-elect Trump’s team – and the new Congress – as they shape the policy agenda for 2017. We have shared our commitment to continue investing in the U.S. and creating American jobs – building on the $12 billion we have invested in our U.S. plants and the nearly 28,000 U.S. jobs Ford has created in the past five years. Ford continues to employ more American autoworkers and produce more American made vehicles than anyone.

On Thursday, we confirmed with the President-elect that, with his support, our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States.

We will have more details to share on our future plans at the appropriate time.


haha.  Your kidding right.  Parsing down words.  MKC stays in Kentucky.  Ford is looking forward to President Elect Trumps policies as they look like they will boost US competitiveness.  Win-Win.  

You and the NYT's look at this line up and are overly pessimistic.  Perhaps that is why you and they got it so wrong all cycle. 
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 8,905
Reply with quote  #72 
Ford's gonna learn how to pay tariffs in America........
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #73 
Well that did not take long: 

[vcAUkq] 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,362
Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
haha.  Your kidding right.  Parsing down words.  MKC stays in Kentucky.  Ford is looking forward to President Elect Trumps policies as they look like they will boost US competitiveness. 

There you go again - taking things out of context, ignoring inconvenient facts and overselling it. 

- Ford's statement is contingent on Trump making it feasible and they're optimistic/hopeful it will happen. It isn't a commitment and they're not revealing details about their future plans.

On Thursday, we confirmed with the President-elect that, with his support, our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States.

- Some inconvenient facts are the recent 2-week shutdown due to low demand, the $4B Ford is investing in Mexican plants and Mexico's more favorable trade deals for exporting cars. FWIW, I expect Ford Escapes are more likely to be exported than Lincoln MKCs.

- MKC production is small potatoes in the grand scheme of Ford.

BTW, you still haven't substantiated your earlier claims of saving "1/2 the jobs" nor increasing Escape production in the US. smh
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 3,292
Reply with quote  #75 
This mexican ford plant war has got to end.
__________________
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,260
Reply with quote  #76 
Just as long as I keep getting my Mexican Coca-Colas
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #77 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad

There you go again - taking things out of context, ignoring inconvenient facts and overselling it. 

- Ford's statement is contingent on Trump making it feasible and they're optimistic/hopeful it will happen. It isn't a commitment and they're not revealing details about their future plans.

On Thursday, we confirmed with the President-elect that, with his support, our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky.  We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States.

- Some inconvenient facts are the recent 2-week shutdown due to low demand, the $4B Ford is investing in Mexican plants and Mexico's more favorable trade deals for exporting cars. FWIW, I expect Ford Escapes are more likely to be exported than Lincoln MKCs.

- MKC production is small potatoes in the grand scheme of Ford.

BTW, you still haven't substantiated your earlier claims of saving "1/2 the jobs" nor increasing Escape production in the US. smh

Shake away, just like you did on election night. hahaha.

Was this a genuine business decision by Ford, or just a way to throw the incoming administration a bone and relieve pressure in the short term?
"Mr. Ford’s call represented a genuine change in direction for the auto maker, not just a symbolic gesture, according to people close to the executive. The auto maker has been in contact with Mr. Trump’s transition team over the past 10 days, and executives see the Lincoln move as a relatively painless but authentic way to give Mr. Trump a victory even before he moves into the White House."

From the original Ford tweet: "Pres-elect’s econ policy will help boost US competitiveness, keep MKC"

"Importantly, Ford’s statement Thursday night indicated it is banking on Mr. Trump’s new economic policies to address the disadvantages that U.S. auto production carries. “

ok, may not be 1/2 the jobs.  It is the jobs from MKC line, that were going to Mexico.  UAW says that is important.

"Indeed, for the United Auto Workers union, retaining production of even lower-volume nameplates is a priority, partially because it is conceivably better for job security to have two nameplates instead of one rolling off an assembly line."  

Pooh-pooh Pee-pee.  Still seems like a win to me. 
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-ford-motor-and-kentucky-jobs-whats-really-happening-1479485351

When they announce the Escape production in Michigan, then it will be a double win.

bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 8,905
Reply with quote  #78 
Anti-Trumpers will look more and more foolish as the victories pile-up.......

It's just the spoils us victors get watching the foolishness continue!   [biggrin]


uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #79 
Trump spends Thanksgiving 'working hard' on Carrier plant

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-carrier-idUSKBN13J1MR

Yes, may be a bit of marketing to all of this...  But still way better than the marketing the last president was offering America.  Contrast the Ford, Carrier, immigration jobs, working hard, message coming from Trump to the Obama, BLM, special group, special group that message any day.
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,362
Reply with quote  #80 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
Shake away, just like you did on election night. hahaha. (wrong, I was very pleased - just not creaming in my pants like Trumpies.)
...
ok, may not be 1/2 the jobs. (no way was it 1/2 smh) It is the jobs from MKC line, that were going to Mexico. (no jobs were moving - MKC workers were going to make Escapes)  
...
When they announce the Escape production in Michigan, then it will be a double win. (If they announce increased production in the US, then it will be a win)

I didn't read the WSJ articles behind the WSJ pay wall, but can see UAW feeling better about having multiple nameplates being produced in a plant. 

You still ignore the significance of Ford having unused capacity in Mexico. IMO, Ford will fully utilize existing capacity before investing in more. There are a multitude of possible moves Ford can/will make (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories). Ford knows their current plans and options, however they're subject to change and no one knows what will eventually happen - not even Trump and/or his sycophants. 
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,362
Reply with quote  #81 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
Trump spends Thanksgiving 'working hard' on Carrier plant

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-carrier-idUSKBN13J1MR

Yes, may be a bit of marketing to all of this...  But still way better than the marketing the last president was offering America.  Contrast the Ford, Carrier, immigration jobs, working hard, message coming from Trump to the Obama, BLM, special group, special group that message any day.

Agreed. You may find it hard to believe, but I'm actually rooting for him to be successful.
TheNarrator

Registered:
Posts: 2,057
Reply with quote  #82 
LOL - from the article: "Ford had never considered moving the whole factory south of the border, but said it was encouraged by Trump's business policies."

IMO, the carrier discussions will be interesting. They seem pretty intent - my guess is that Trump will cut them a pretty good deal to get them to cut down on the jobs going south.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #83 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDad

no jobs were moving - MKC workers were going to make Escapes
I didn't read the WSJ articles behind the WSJ pay wall, but can see UAW feeling better about having multiple nameplates being produced in a plant. 

You still ignore the significance of Ford having unused capacity in Mexico. IMO, Ford will fully utilize existing capacity before investing in more. There are a multitude of possible moves Ford can/will make (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories). Ford knows their current plans and options, however they're subject to change and no one knows what will eventually happen - not even Trump and/or his sycophants. 

MKC work was moving to Mexico, correct?  Now it is not, correct?

I fully acknowledge Ford has built a lot of plant capacity in Mexico.  I think it especially makes sense for them to move a lot of their small car growth to Mexico.  It is hard to make those cars with US labor rates.  Keeping MKC, and Escape production in US is the best way to retain, or grow, American jobs. 

Ultimately it does not matter.  Trump is not even elected and he has made it clear he is going to fight, tooth and nail,  for every job.   If he does nothing but that his entire term, no one will have a valid complaint.  Yeah, plenty of SJW complaints or other whines, they will always be there. 

mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,308
Reply with quote  #84 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNarrator
IMO, the carrier discussions will be interesting. They seem pretty intent - my guess is that Trump will cut them a pretty good deal to get them to cut down on the jobs going south.


But what, exactly, can the POTUS do to "cut them a pretty good deal"?

Isn't it Congress that enacts tariffs?  Isn't it local and state government that provides tax breaks and incentives to attract and/or retain industry?

Maybe the POTUS can help broker a deal between and industry and a state, but I don't think the POTUS can actually do much of anything unilaterally.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #85 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


But what, exactly, can the POTUS do to "cut them a pretty good deal"?

Isn't it Congress that enacts tariffs?  Isn't it local and state government that provides tax breaks and incentives to attract and/or retain industry?

Maybe the POTUS can help broker a deal between and industry and a state, but I don't think the POTUS can actually do much of anything unilaterally.

The POTUS has carrots and sticks.  Congress does as well.  The stick is the bully pulpit.  

You have heard Obama using it very effectively advocating for BLM, threatening companies with communist manifesto like "you did not build that business".   Trump is clearly making clear he is willing to go directly to the American people.  Last thing Carrier wants is a pissed off customer base. 

On the carrot side, President can definitely work with local politicians on tax packages.  He can also direct agencies to consider Carrier first in any bids.   DOD spends 20 Billion in air conditioning every year.  That includes electricity, but there are significant contracts to buy A/C units.   Add in the rest of government A/C purchase and that is signficant.

http://gizmodo.com/5813257/air-conditioning-our-military-costs-more-than-nasas-entire-budget

Edit: changed stick to carrot.  Clearly I meant carrot.

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #86 
@Carrier: "Carrier has had discussions with the incoming administration and we look forward to working together. Nothing to announce at this time."

https://twitter.com/Carrier/status/801826384670760960

Trump is making jobs front and center. 

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #87 
[Relax-guys-600-LA] 

uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 4,323
Reply with quote  #88 
[image] 
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 3,292
Reply with quote  #89 
Thank you Lord.
__________________
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 20,260
Reply with quote  #90 
I love her, follow her instgram. She's a great woman, smart, sexy
__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: