Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 29 of 29     «   Prev   26   27   28   29
woody

Registered:
Posts: 7,671
Reply with quote  #841 
The Dems still haven't figured out that their message of division and anti Americanism doesn't play with most Americans. They are blindly following their leftist supporters on the coasts and carefully crafting a message of resistance to play in the flyover country. They still don't get it. Flyover people see the project the Dems and media are playing. Carry on Dems. Are the Socialists so insulated that they don't see what is happening? Everyone I know that sees the Infada is repulsed. They consider the dem party and media to be against our nations best interests. Why are Dems doing this? Do they think we will just allow them to beat us down into submission?
__________________
You Liberals crying for open borders for the most part, don't live on the border. You are therefore insulated from illegal immigration. You are immune from the local costs involved, both economic, and in lives lost. So unless you live down here, and bear the burden, STFU about "immigration reform". You know nothing, and are better suited to eating bandwidth and scones at a Starbucks than telling me what I should feel. Arrogant Pissants.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 3,903
Reply with quote  #842 
"Number of people collecting unemployment checks hits 17-year low, jobless claims show"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/number-of-people-collecting-unemployment-checks-hits-17-year-low-jobless-claims-show-2017-04-20

__________________
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years." - Mattis
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 4,113
Reply with quote  #843 
Maybe not the best spot for this but....
Venezuela seizes GM plant. Go socialism

CARACAS (Reuters) - General Motors said on Wednesday that Venezuelan authorities had illegally seized its plant in the industrial hub of Valencia and vowed to "take all legal actions" to defend its rights.

The seizure comes amid a deepening economic crisis in leftist-led Venezuela that has already roiled many U.S. companies.

"Yesterday, GMV's (General Motors Venezolana) plant was unexpectedly taken by the public authorities, preventing normal operations. In addition, other assets of the company, such as vehicles, have been illegally taken from its facilities," the company said in a statement.

It said the seizure would cause irreparable damage to the company, its 2,678 workers, its 79 dealers and to its suppliers.

Venezuela's Information Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for information.

Venezuela's car industry has been in freefall, hit by a lack of raw materials stemming from complex currency controls and stagnant local production, and many plants are barely producing at all.

In early 2015, Ford Motor Co wrote off its investment in Venezuela when it took an $800 million pre-tax writedown.

The country's economic crisis has hurt many other U.S. companies, including food makers and pharmaceutical firms. A growing number are taking their Venezuelan operations out off their consolidated accounts.
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 19,444
Reply with quote  #844 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist
"Number of people collecting unemployment checks hits 17-year low, jobless claims show"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/number-of-people-collecting-unemployment-checks-hits-17-year-low-jobless-claims-show-2017-04-20


Has to be Bush's fault

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
keepinitreal

Registered:
Posts: 19,444
Reply with quote  #845 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
Maybe not the best spot for this but.... Venezuela seizes GM plant. Go socialism CARACAS (Reuters) - General Motors said on Wednesday that Venezuelan authorities had illegally seized its plant in the industrial hub of Valencia and vowed to "take all legal actions" to defend its rights. The seizure comes amid a deepening economic crisis in leftist-led Venezuela that has already roiled many U.S. companies. "Yesterday, GMV's (General Motors Venezolana) plant was unexpectedly taken by the public authorities, preventing normal operations. In addition, other assets of the company, such as vehicles, have been illegally taken from its facilities," the company said in a statement. It said the seizure would cause irreparable damage to the company, its 2,678 workers, its 79 dealers and to its suppliers. Venezuela's Information Ministry did not immediately respond to a request for information. Venezuela's car industry has been in freefall, hit by a lack of raw materials stemming from complex currency controls and stagnant local production, and many plants are barely producing at all. In early 2015, Ford Motor Co wrote off its investment in Venezuela when it took an $800 million pre-tax writedown. The country's economic crisis has hurt many other U.S. companies, including food makers and pharmaceutical firms. A growing number are taking their Venezuelan operations out off their consolidated accounts.


This is really great news for 'Merica and precisely the right thread.  Come back home GM and quit trying to take advantage of the poor and disadvantaged 

__________________
"I like to establish the parameters of my own thoughts and don't think I need a director."

"This is not debate class. And this is not about politeness. We're talking about the damn future of our country"

"It is not just simply yelling out a name and yelling down dissenters........................... and I'll defend your right to even insult me" 
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 3,903
Reply with quote  #846 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal


Has to be Bush's fault

Unfortunately this chart: 
[image]
is probably why repubs got an 8 year timeout.  

__________________
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years." - Mattis
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 3,903
Reply with quote  #847 
Unfortunately for Venezuela they are likely going to have to devolve all the way to civil war.  Then get some helicopters and give out some free rides to rid themselves of the commie 5hitholers.



__________________
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years." - Mattis
woody

Registered:
Posts: 7,671
Reply with quote  #848 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Unfortunately this chart: 
[image]
is probably why repubs got an 8 year timeout.  



Looks like a cyclical pattern regardless of party affiliation. So let's look at it again around 2019-2022

__________________
You Liberals crying for open borders for the most part, don't live on the border. You are therefore insulated from illegal immigration. You are immune from the local costs involved, both economic, and in lives lost. So unless you live down here, and bear the burden, STFU about "immigration reform". You know nothing, and are better suited to eating bandwidth and scones at a Starbucks than telling me what I should feel. Arrogant Pissants.

"IT'S GOOD TO BE DA KING"
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 3,903
Reply with quote  #849 
Drumpf not the end of Republican party that was predicted!
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/329850-rnc-nets-record-415m-first-quarter

__________________
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years." - Mattis
PDad

Registered:
Posts: 3,267
Reply with quote  #850 
WSJ April 6 - https://www.wsj.com/articles/rnc-trump-re-election-campaign-raise-more-than-53-million-in-first-quarter-1491502477

Excerpts from https://www.gop.com/icymi-donors-enthusiasm-for-trump-energizes-rnc-fundraising/:

“The Republican National Committee, together with President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign, raised more than $53 million in the first quarter of 2017 … fueled by the same class of online donors who flocked to Mr. Trump last year.

“Of that, the RNC raised $41.3 million in the first three months of the year — more than double what its Democratic counterpart raised in the quarter … in 2008 — while Mr. Trump’s campaign raised $3.3 million and a joint committee between the two raised more than $9 million.

“Republicans’ fundraising success suggests Mr. Trump’s small-dollar supporters are continuing to flock to the party …

“Frequent fundraising emails bearing Mr. Trump’s name brought in about 250,000 new online donors to the RNC, campaign and their joint committees, according to an RNC official. That marks a 398% increase over the number of new donors the RNC won in 2016—an election year …”
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 8,644
Reply with quote  #851 
UwA said...........
Quote:
Drumpf not the end of Republican party that was predicted!


By Mike, Pabar, Durden, Hillary and Obama...........
mikec

Registered:
Posts: 7,084
Reply with quote  #852 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
UwA said...........


By Mike, Pabar, Durden, Hillary and Obama...........


au contraire, but it is.

when a bunch of Obama voters now run around blabber jawing like they are the disciples of conservatism, the GOP is dead.
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 8,143
Reply with quote  #853 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


au contraire, but it is.

when a bunch of Obama voters now run around blabber jawing like they are the disciples of conservatism, the GOP is dead.


Bluewey doesn't know what he is.  He voted for Obama and then he voted for Trump.  Clearly, Bluewey loves all that deeply liberal politicians stand for if you just go by how he voted.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 3,903
Reply with quote  #854 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec


au contraire, but it is.

when a bunch of Obama voters now run around blabber jawing like they are the disciples of conservatism, the GOP is dead.

Did not vote for obummer.  Never could.  Although after Bush 5hittanked our economy worse than any president ever, and republicans were dumb enough to nominate McCain, I have to say it was the absolute most difficult vote I ever cast. 

Yes, is is the end of the loser wing of the republican party.  I welcome the new republican party that knows how to win, and get things done.


__________________
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years." - Mattis
pabar61

Registered:
Posts: 8,143
Reply with quote  #855 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uwApoligist

Did not vote for obummer.  Never could.  Although after Bush 5hittanked our economy worse than any president ever, and republicans were dumb enough to nominate McCain, I have to say it was the absolute most difficult vote I ever cast. 

Yes, is is the end of the loser wing of the republican party.  I welcome the new republican party that knows how to win, and get things done.



I'm not sure what particular actions Bush took to tank our economy.  If you think it's due to the runaway spending that he allowed to happen, i might agree but then you'll find Dems in a quandary since they think that's the cure-all.  I just don't think this is what caused the economy to tank.

IMHO, the economy tanked because the mortgage lending market was allowed to get completely out of control (thanks to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd) and then Wall Street went apesh1t trying to make money on a really horrible idea of monetizing really bad loans.  Bush had almost no part in that.  But that's just my opinion.
uwApoligist

Registered:
Posts: 3,903
Reply with quote  #856 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabar61


I'm not sure what particular actions Bush took to tank our economy.  If you think it's due to the runaway spending that he allowed to happen, i might agree but then you'll find Dems in a quandary since they think that's the cure-all.  I just don't think this is what caused the economy to tank.

IMHO, the economy tanked because the mortgage lending market was allowed to get completely out of control (thanks to Barney Frank and Chris Dodd) and then Wall Street went apesh1t trying to make money on a really horrible idea of monetizing really bad loans.  Bush had almost no part in that.  But that's just my opinion.

Bush was the president at the time.  He has to hold some responsibility.  

My view he was very weak leader in his second term.  He let the Dems fully abuse him.   They created this crazy rule initially that for ever dollar in Iraqi war spending they needed a 2.5x increase in domestic programs.   It was these increases that greatly increased US debt.

On Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.  Yes again dems primarily hold the bag.  But Bush admin knew what was going on over at Freddie and Fannie.  17 times the proposed additional oversight for Freddie and Fannie.  They were just to weak to get anything done about it. 

__________________
"I’m going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years." - Mattis
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: