Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 267 of 291     «   Prev   264   265   266   267   268   269   270   Next   »
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #7981 
Jaala Torrence has committed.  Class of 2020 pitcher out of Northview in Dothan.  Plays for the Thunderbolts.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,790
Reply with quote  #7982 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucferic
Here is link to interview with Patrick Murphy on Fastpitch News.

http://fastpitchnews.com/podcasts/circle-patrick-murphy-talks-career-2018/349172


Thanks for sharing!
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #7983 
http://www.dothaneagle.com/sports/high_school/northview-sophomore-softball-player-jaala-torrence-commits-to-alabama/article_b1097e7c-d554-11e7-9cef-b3df811fe582.html
mickey2198

Registered:
Posts: 1,054
Reply with quote  #7984 
Coach Murphy posted another Happy Snoopy this morning on Twitter does that mean we have a new verbal?  
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,951
Reply with quote  #7985 
Could be it means the Red Baron is around
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #7986 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2198
Coach Murphy posted another Happy Snoopy this morning on Twitter does that mean we have a new verbal?  


Katherine (Kat) Grill, 2020 outfielder from ACA in Tuscaloosa.  Slapper plays for the Thunderbolts.
mickey2198

Registered:
Posts: 1,054
Reply with quote  #7987 
Thank you!
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #7988 
Look alive, people!  The first day of practice has arrived.
LongBallGuru

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #7989 
Anybody have any insight on a possible starting lineup?  I heard that Maddie Morgan is making a push to start at third.  If so, would that mean that Grantham moves to first or does Hemphill stay there? What about the outfield?  I figure that Brown is a lock at center.  That leaves left and right up for grabs. Any info would be appreciated.
__________________
Why run when you can just trot around the bases!
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #7990 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBallGuru
Anybody have any insight on a possible starting lineup?  I heard that Maddie Morgan is making a push to start at third.  If so, would that mean that Grantham moves to first or does Hemphill stay there? What about the outfield?  I figure that Brown is a lock at center.  That leaves left and right up for grabs. Any info would be appreciated.


Outfield is likely Schroder, Brown, Tow.  If Morgan takes the 3B job, Grantham's role is really going to depend on whether or not she earns a spot in the lineup.
mickey2198

Registered:
Posts: 1,054
Reply with quote  #7991 
How are the new pitchers doing?  
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,137
Reply with quote  #7992 
I'm more interested how the old pitcher is doing
knucklecurve

Registered:
Posts: 469
Reply with quote  #7993 
Does anyone know why so few mid-week games? Last time I looked at the schedule we were a few games short.

Except for catcher and 2B the line-up is anyone's guess.

Orsorio will have to improve a lot against the super-regional teams:too many walks, too many high count at-bats, and too many pitches! It almost looks like she's afraid to trust her fielders.

outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,947
Reply with quote  #7994 
Stat wise Osorio had her best year yet in 2017, improving in every category except Walks--106. Compared to 74 & 72 her Fresh/Soph years. 

She only gave up 80 hits last year, compared to 135 in 2016, and pitched more innings. Not sure she's completely to blame for high pitch counts to, might want to look to who's calling the pitches first. Doubt she missed her spots that bad/often.

While she may have faltered in some key games, it was still an All American year. Just a thought.
ShepJones1_1

Registered:
Posts: 181
Reply with quote  #7995 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecurve
Does anyone know why so few mid-week games? Last time I looked at the schedule we were a few games short.

Except for catcher and 2B the line-up is anyone's guess.

Orsorio will have to improve a lot against the super-regional teams:too many walks, too many high count at-bats, and too many pitches! It almost looks like she's afraid to trust her fielders.


You don't think Brown is a lock at centerfield?  Especially with Sides being hurt?  Booker is also a lock at SS.  I can guarantee you that both will be starting at those positions on opening day.  Whether they remain there will depend on their hitting.
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #7996 
Kyleigh "KJ" Haney has committed.  Class of 2020 C/1B out of Mableton GA and the Atlanta Vipers.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 16,137
Reply with quote  #7997 
Walton snickers at Murphy about his continuing to commit graybeards
PH2

Registered:
Posts: 624
Reply with quote  #7998 
Past her prime.
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 285
Reply with quote  #7999 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH2
Past her prime.

This.  Murphy is recruiting all of the geriatrics that Walton passed on.
CowboyJOX

Registered:
Posts: 121
Reply with quote  #8000 
Surely they mean the recruit will be born in 2020, not graduate right?
ShepJones1_1

Registered:
Posts: 181
Reply with quote  #8001 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Kyleigh "KJ" Haney has committed.  Class of 2020 C/1B out of Mableton GA and the Atlanta Vipers.

Stephen:

I haven't been able to catch any scrimmages or practices this year yet.  Any comments on who is looking good, who will contribute, start etc.  I always appreciate your thoughts.

Shep
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #8002 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepJones1_1

Stephen:

I haven't been able to catch any scrimmages or practices this year yet.  Any comments on who is looking good, who will contribute, start etc.  I always appreciate your thoughts.

Shep


I don't want to make any grand statements, but I think there is reason for optimism regarding the offense.  Just hard to tell though until the real pitches start flying.  If I had to make a lineup right now, I would say something like:

2B  Turner
3B  Morgan
1B Hemphill
RF  Tow
C   Dykes
LF  Schroder
DP  Grantham
SS  Booker
CF  Brown

I could also see hitting Brown leadoff and Turner second, with Morgan dropped down in the order, but I think Morgan is an ideal #2 hitter so I put that as my preference.  I include Grantham as the DP, but that is really up for grabs depending on who is hitting well and matchups.  In games where Hemphill catches, Grantham and Tow are 1B options, as well as Hardy.  A wildcard to keep an eye on is Lockhart.  If she can make a quick adjustment to college pitching, she has a chance to be a regular DP.
LongBallGuru

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #8003 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen


2B  Turner
3B  Morgan
1B Hemphill
RF  Tow
C   Dykes
LF  Schroder
DP  Grantham
SS  Booker
CF  Brown

I could also see hitting Brown leadoff and Turner second, with Morgan dropped down in the order, but I think Morgan is an ideal #2 hitter so I put that as my preference.  I include Grantham as the DP, but that is really up for grabs depending on who is hitting well and matchups.  In games where Hemphill catches, Grantham and Tow are 1B options, as well as Hardy.  A wildcard to keep an eye on is Lockhart.  If she can make a quick adjustment to college pitching, she has a chance to be a regular DP.

Great info.  It is my understanding (based on information from someone who has been to several practices) that Grantham and Morgan would be splitting time at 3rd and that Hemphill and Grantham would be splitting time at first.  Hemphill and Dykes will of course be splitting time at catcher.  Tow and Lockhart are wild cards at the DH position. Both have been swinging the bat pretty well.  Tow definitely has the edge in power but Lockhart seems to more steady at getting a single and/or occasional double.  I was told that both have a lot of work ahead of them before they can be an everyday position player so for that reason Callaway might get the nod over Tow at RF.  I am sure that Murphy will be juggling several line-up combinations early in the season looking to get the right mix.  Keep the information coming.

__________________
Why run when you can just trot around the bases!
knucklecurve

Registered:
Posts: 469
Reply with quote  #8004 
If you remove the teams that did not make it to the Regionals or the Super Regionals its a different story for Alexis. A W:K ratio getting close to !:!,and a lot of long counts. Her stats are inflated because of the games she pitched that Moore would pitch had she not been hurt or failed to live up to expectations. L'john's are inflated for the same reason.



Devin22

Registered:
Posts: 1,293
Reply with quote  #8005 
Is Alabama any good this year? When coming in to score this year, will they touch the home plate or jump over it?
-
Also, I heard Earleywine may take over as coach this year at Alabama. 
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,175
Reply with quote  #8006 
So the pitchers had worse numbers against better teams? That is some groundbreaking stuff. Did the hitters do worse against better pitchers?
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,790
Reply with quote  #8007 
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecurve
If you remove the teams that did not make it to the Regionals or the Super Regionals its a different story for Alexis. A W:K ratio getting close to !:!,and a lot of long counts. Her stats are inflated because of the games she pitched that Moore would pitch had she not been hurt or failed to live up to expectations. L'john's are inflated for the same reason.





I have never heard of someone getting a !:! ratio before.  Impressive stat by AO.

You'd think you'd be smart enough to realize that had AO and SL not had to take on those extra games left by MM, they might have had different results in the other games.  You are making assumptions that could easily be turned to say that maybe their walks are inflated by having to take on the extra work.
LongBallGuru

Registered:
Posts: 97
Reply with quote  #8008 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


I have never heard of someone getting a !:! ratio before.  Impressive stat by AO.

You'd think you'd be smart enough to realize that had AO and SL not had to take on those extra games left by MM, they might have had different results in the other games.  You are making assumptions that could easily be turned to say that maybe their walks are inflated by having to take on the extra work.

You can count on old Knucklehead to post useless, incorrect and biased information.  For some reason, he likes to bash Alabama but always seems to fail miserably in his attempts.

Anyone who knows anything will tell you that AO is one of the top 3 pitchers in the country.  Her walks were elevated last year but so were her strikeouts.  I am sure fatigue had something to do with the elevated walks as well as some extremely tight strike zones in certain games.

__________________
Why run when you can just trot around the bases!
ShepJones1_1

Registered:
Posts: 181
Reply with quote  #8009 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin22
Is Alabama any good this year? When coming in to score this year, will they touch the home plate or jump over it?
-
Also, I heard Earleywine may take over as coach this year at Alabama. 


You get a failing grade in humor.
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,947
Reply with quote  #8010 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Stat wise Osorio had her best year yet in 2017, improving in every category except Walks--106. Compared to 74 & 72 her Fresh/Soph years. 

She only gave up 80 hits last year, compared to 135 in 2016, and pitched more innings. Not sure she's completely to blame for high pitch counts to, might want to look to who's calling the pitches first. Doubt she missed her spots that bad/often.

While she may have faltered in some key games, it was still an All American year. Just a thought.


I reiterate.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.