Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 263 of 266     «   Prev   260   261   262   263   264   265   266   Next
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 991
Reply with quote  #7861 
Quote:


Have you been asleep for 3 days or get your internet cut off? lol

TideKid

Registered:
Posts: 1,991
Reply with quote  #7862 
LOOK AT MY SOCCER FANNNNNNSSSSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


I was screaming something fierce those last 10 minutes.  When that shot hit the crossbar I about crapped myself.

__________________
***************
we LOVE free bases
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #7863 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideKid
LOOK AT MY SOCCER FANNNNNNSSSSS.


Oh I love soccer.  Watched a few games last year and thought we were gonna be kinda young this year, but that win is huge (hopefully a good sign that a freshman scored the goal, and almost had a second goal later).  I get a good vibe from Hart (and like hearing his recaps of the games - even when they lose), but I'm holding out to see how recruiting goes.  Namely I just want our soccer program to take over the spot of best program in the state. 
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #7864 
I am not exactly a soccer expert, but it looks to me like we have some speed up front that has been lacking in the past.  Morgan and Wertz can really put some pressure on the defense.
CowboyJOX

Registered:
Posts: 99
Reply with quote  #7865 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen
Gonna go ahead and give a shout out to the soccer team for beating Florida State.  First win over a top 10 team in program history.


Hope they continue to do well this year and in years to come. Always feel bad for the fall sports that stand in the shadow of football.
beckibama

Registered:
Posts: 414
Reply with quote  #7866 

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


Have you been asleep for 3 days or get your internet cut off? lol

 

Neither.  Saw no mention of the ESPN report on here, so thought maybe ya'll had been!  [rolleyes]

TideKid

Registered:
Posts: 1,991
Reply with quote  #7867 
Hart is a throwback personality wise to my coach, whom i love, Don Staley. when Wes was first hired i sent him an email...he replied with one of his own that would have been about 3 pgs long if printed out.

From my soccer circles i've heard he is quite a good coach. It was apparent first game i saw them play - a friendly vs Vandy 2 yrs ago, that his style of play is much more aggressive and attack minded than the snooze fest under Bramble. His Colorado ties, and time spent in Florida will hopefully continue to bring in talent that can thrive under his system!

about being best in the state....beating Samford the other day was huge. Yelton is an incredible coach who has slayed many SEC programs in recent years; has been a thorn in bama's side.

there is a reason Auburn is the first school ehere i wanted to play soccer (gasp, i know!!)....and that is their coach, Karen Hoppa. unlike the program across the street from her field, Hoppa is not just a great coach but a phenomenal person as well. She has been Queen in this state for quite sometime....i do hope we begin to knock on their door, however!!!

__________________
***************
we LOVE free bases
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #7868 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideKid
Hart is a throwback personality wise to my coach, whom i love, Don Staley. when Wes was first hired i sent him an email...he replied with one of his own that would have been about 3 pgs long if printed out.

From my soccer circles i've heard he is quite a good coach. It was apparent first game i saw them play - a friendly vs Vandy 2 yrs ago, that his style of play is much more aggressive and attack minded than the snooze fest under Bramble. His Colorado ties, and time spent in Florida will hopefully continue to bring in talent that can thrive under his system!

about being best in the state....beating Samford the other day was huge. Yelton is an incredible coach who has slayed many SEC programs in recent years; has been a thorn in bama's side.

there is a reason Auburn is the first school ehere i wanted to play soccer (gasp, i know!!)....and that is their coach, Karen Hoppa. unlike the program across the street from her field, Hoppa is not just a great coach but a phenomenal person as well. She has been Queen in this state for quite sometime....i do hope we begin to knock on their door, however!!!


This is what I wanted to hear.  

As for Hoppa, it's a tall task, but I want us to at least make it super competitive.  And that Samford win was so big because that goal they scored probably prepared us a good bit for FSU.
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #7869 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckibama

 

 

Neither.  Saw no mention of the ESPN report on here, so thought maybe ya'll had been!  [rolleyes]



It is being discussed in the auburn thread, where it belongs.
TideKid

Registered:
Posts: 1,991
Reply with quote  #7870 
can i get three cheers for our coaching staff?

__________________
***************
we LOVE free bases
beckibama

Registered:
Posts: 414
Reply with quote  #7871 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen


It is being discussed in the auburn thread, where it belongs.

 

Oh, I see.  We can discuss other sports on here, but not softball-related ones?  Gotcha.[rolleyes]

jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #7872 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckibama

Oh, I see.  We can discuss other sports on here, but not softball-related ones?  Gotcha.[rolleyes]



I think in general we just try to keep this thread Bama specific, even more so when it comes to talking about our rival who is going through a disgusting situation.  Better to not post it on an Alabama thread for fear of how it looks.
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #7873 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckibama
Oh, I see.  We can discuss other sports on here, but not softball-related ones?  Gotcha.[rolleyes]


You can discuss whatever you like.  I'm just telling you why nobody has brought it up here.  This isn't the only thread on the board.
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #7874 

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama softball has announced the addition of Brynne Dordel to its coaching staff. Dordel joins the Crimson Tide as its volunteer assistant coach following previous coaching stints at Iowa State, North Dakota State and Ball State.

"I could not be more excited to join the Alabama Softball family and be part of a program that is rich with passion, tradition, family and a championship mentality," Dordel said. "I feel blessed and honored to have the opportunity to work with and learn from a staff of remarkable coaches that are even better people. The Alabama softball culture, from the players to the coaches to the fans, is something special and I am looking forward to contributing to it in every way I can."

Most recently, Dordel was an assistant coach at Iowa State during the 2017 season, working primarily with the Cyclones' pitching staff. Prior to her time in Ames, Iowa, she spent three seasons as a pitching coach at North Dakota State. There, she guided the Bison to three Summit League regular season and tournament titles and qualified for the NCAA Tournament all three seasons. The NDSU coaching staff was named the NFCA Regional Coaching Staff of the Year in 2015 and 2016 and earned Summit League Coaching Staff of the Year honors in 2014 and 2015. During the 2012 and 2013 seasons, Dordel was a coach at Ball State, earning back-to-back Mid-American Conference titles.

"We are all very excited to gain someone of Brynne's caliber on our staff," UA head coach Patrick Murphy said. "Firstly, she is an incredible young woman whose values fit with ours. Secondly, to find someone with her coaching and playing experience was a huge boost for our program. She has experience at three other Division I schools. I am anxious for our fans to get to know her."

A native of Chaska, Minn., Dordel is a 2011 graduate of Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, where she was a four-year starter on the Bulldog softball squad. She helped lead the team to a 2008 Missouri Valley Conference title, earning tournament MVP honors, and the program's first NCAA tournament appearance since 1994. She graduated with a 4.0 grade point average and earned second team Academic All-America honors in her senior season.

mickey2198

Registered:
Posts: 1,031
Reply with quote  #7875 
Where did AA go?  Did I also see somewhere that we have a graduate assistant? 


TideKid

Registered:
Posts: 1,991
Reply with quote  #7876 
Sadly Adam returned to Michigan currently. I know Murph and staff (and fans) will greatly miss him. Nothing nefarious happened or anything like that, personal matter made him leave ttown!

wish him the best and can'r wait for him to join me behind 3rd dugout soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2198
Where did AA go?  Did I also see somewhere that we have a graduate assistant? 



__________________
***************
we LOVE free bases
knucklecurve

Registered:
Posts: 452
Reply with quote  #7877 
Old Auburn joke:

Why don't they have a Christmas play at Auburn?

Can't find three wise men and a virgin.             
BamaHoHo

Registered:
Posts: 722
Reply with quote  #7878 
beckibama

Registered:
Posts: 414
Reply with quote  #7879 
Alabama Softball encourages you as Boosters to help with needed items for Texas residents.  As you know, we have several players who are from Texas.

Here are the items that are needed for the #Tide4Texas drop off at the University Mall (Tuscaloosa) until 9 pm tonight (9-8-17) and 8-11 am tomorrow.
Water
Non-perishable, nutritional food including canned items and can openers
Baby diapers
Baby formula
Baby wipes
Cleaning supplies
Cleaning gloves, buckets, mops, brooms, etc
Dishes and eating utensils
New towels and washrags
New bedding - sheets, blankets and mattress covers (all sizes)

Thank you for your support!  If you have questions, please call me at 205-799-5550.
CajunAmos

Registered:
Posts: 1,025
Reply with quote  #7880 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckibama
Alabama Softball encourages you as Boosters to help with needed items for Texas residents.  As you know, we have several players who are from Texas.

Here are the items that are needed for the #Tide4Texas drop off at the University Mall (Tuscaloosa) until 9 pm tonight (9-8-17) and 8-11 am tomorrow.
Water
Non-perishable, nutritional food including canned items and can openers
Baby diapers
Baby formula
Baby wipes
Cleaning supplies
Cleaning gloves, buckets, mops, brooms, etc
Dishes and eating utensils
New towels and washrags
New bedding - sheets, blankets and mattress covers (all sizes)

Thank you for your support!  If you have questions, please call me at 205-799-5550.


With the new Irma storm track you may want to keep a few of those items at home.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #7881 
Bama will be fine
BamaHoHo

Registered:
Posts: 722
Reply with quote  #7882 
Meet our Freshmen

Maddie Morgan

Kyra Lockhart

Kendall Beth Sides

Kaylee Tow

Madison Preston

And Junior College Transfer

Courtney Gettins


Madi, Maddie and Madison might get confusing. I guess along with Merris, we can call them the M & Ms.
Stephen

Registered:
Posts: 2,049
Reply with quote  #7883 
Megan Bloodworth has committed.  Class of 2021 infielder out of Cordele GA and Crisp County.  Plays travel ball with the Atlanta Vipers.
beckibama

Registered:
Posts: 414
Reply with quote  #7884 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 11,461
Reply with quote  #7885 
Good for HaylieMac... first truly great player my DD ever played with, and just as great a person.

Of course, it means she has jumped into the pool with a bunch of miscreants and all the responses have not been.... enlightened

https://twitter.com/hayliemac8/status/911781569609773057
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #7886 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Good for HaylieMac... first truly great player my DD ever played with, and just as great a person.

Of course, it means she has jumped into the pool with a bunch of miscreants and all the responses have not been.... enlightened

https://twitter.com/hayliemac8/status/911781569609773057


She definitely opened herself up with that post.  I think very highly of HM, as a person and player.  Without going into the political realm, I hate that it has had to become an issue of choosing sides on something like this.
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,255
Reply with quote  #7887 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaHoHo
Meet our Freshmen

Maddie Morgan

Kyra Lockhart

Kendall Beth Sides

Kaylee Tow

Madison Preston

And Junior College Transfer

Courtney Gettins


Madi, Maddie and Madison might get confusing. I guess along with Merris, we can call them the M & Ms.


Alright what does Preston bring? Is she expected to be pretty good?
texassmallball

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #7888 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Good for HaylieMac... first truly great player my DD ever played with, and just as great a person.

Of course, it means she has jumped into the pool with a bunch of miscreants and all the responses have not been.... enlightened

https://twitter.com/hayliemac8/status/911781569609773057


Enlightened!?!?!?

PLEASE...Ms M. - You are forcing me to take a side. You are an athlete, not a public opinion commentator. If someone wanted your opinion about the health of the country, you would have been asked. This is the problem with social media, people actually think other people give a crap about your opinion. They don't. But once you insert yourself, you are in line to suffer the potential consequences.

Stick to hitting the ball and hustling on defense. Which you do very well. I have always enjoyed your game. 

Somehow none of this or the latest craze about tearing down historical monuments were an issue during the eight years of the last president's tenure or any other president for that matter. Why is it now? Oh....I see...You are upset that your favorite Democrat was not elected. Well, get over it. Those that did not vote for Mr O. accepted it and got on with their lives trying to create something of value and not tear down it's institutions.

Even though it is widely being reported as such, our president is not the one being divisive. The original divisor was the Colin the QB. He decided to separate himself from the rest of his teammates and most of the US. Now, the rest of the NFL'ers that are doing the same thing are further dividing themselves. They are over-playing their hand. Our president is just calling them out. Good for him. I am glad he has the balls to do so.

Millions voted for Trump to do the difficult things. This is way bigger than the NFL. This is about liberals, liberal institutions, liberal universities, and the liberal media continually tearing down our country. It's refreshing to hear a US President stand up for our flag, our police and our vets. Anyone kneeling at the site or our flag or during the playing our national anthem is dis-respecting the millions of Americans that fought for our freedoms. 

I am saying goodbye to the NFL. Please don't make me say goodbye to softball.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,101
Reply with quote  #7889 
Quote:
Originally Posted by texassmallball



Wrong location ... and I did us all the pleasure of removing all your drivel.  I will ask, why is your opinion on a softball forum more or less important that HMs?
texassmallball

Registered:
Posts: 102
Reply with quote  #7890 
I am sure you were kneeling while you removed my "drivel". Here's a dime for your 10 cent word. [Dime_Obverse_13] 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.