Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 241 of 260     «   Prev   238   239   240   241   242   243   244   Next   »
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,343
Reply with quote  #7201 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



Eriksen rolled off the Committee this past August. Here is the current NCAA Division I Softball Committee:


http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=1WSB

Uh...no Pac12 member?

bamanetny

Registered:
Posts: 443
Reply with quote  #7202 
I thought the approach at the plate last night was much better than the previous games. Hitters were looking to attack the ball more instead of being passive and reacting. It's hard to find anything wrong when you have 7 hits in 3 innings.
CowboyJOX

Registered:
Posts: 89
Reply with quote  #7203 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamanetny
I thought the approach at the plate last night was much better than the previous games. Hitters were looking to attack the ball more instead of being passive and reacting. It's hard to find anything wrong when you have 7 hits in 3 innings.


Glad Elissa had two good hits batting in the leadoff spot, that's a huge asset to have on base. As much gloom-and-doom as it's been discussing the offense, they showed some good signs of life Monday. Even if they start scoring 3-5 runs a game instead of 1-2, that would make a huge difference with this pitching.
AleDawg

Registered:
Posts: 401
Reply with quote  #7204 
Hey Ya'll.

I'm a Husky fan (in Birmingham) coming to the game on Saturday. I just realized it's A-Day. I was expecting a quiet Saturday on campus, but now...??

I'm not too familiar with the campus but I see that there are some parking lots near Rhoads. Would you guys expect them to be cleared out by the 4:30 first pitch (the football scrimmage is at 2pm)? Or might they even reserve some parking for the softball game?

I am mainly asking because I'm going with my old man (he's 76 ornery and irascible) and while he's not disabled, he can't do the long walks that he used to.

Any advice would help. Thanks in advance and hoping for a great series.

__________________
"Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience."
TideKid

Registered:
Posts: 1,955
Reply with quote  #7205 
hey, Ale! my best advice to you would be this: drop him off at the upper lot on campus drive. then you drive down to the lower lot (there are 2 right there) or across the road from the stadium at the soccer/rec center lot.

the upper lot is for parking for those with handicapped access or the booster club members. just sweet talk the person working and say you are just dropping him off, then parking in a different lot.

i will be there Friday, sadly not Saturday (wedding). i hope you have a great experience and if it all is not up to snuff, please let me know.

emily

edit: it was scheduled then TO MAXIMIZE the a-day crowd and get spill over from that game! i do not think lots will be cleared (if they are full) but would suggest arriving around 3pm. fball traffic would be lessened and could give you guys ample time to get situated.

__________________
***************
we LOVE free bases
AleDawg

Registered:
Posts: 401
Reply with quote  #7206 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideKid


edit: it was scheduled then TO MAXIMIZE the a-day crowd and get spill over from that game! i do not think lots will be cleared (if they are full) but would suggest arriving around 3pm. fball traffic would be lessened and could give you guys ample time to get situated.


Thanks for the advice. UW does this too with a number of sporting events the day of the spring game.

Looking forward to the event.

__________________
"Never argue with a fool, they will lower you to their level and then beat you with experience."
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 10,715
Reply with quote  #7207 
That was a heckuva game. Alvelo and Osorio.... two heavyweights
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7208 
And this would be why I say there's not regional hosting for Bama this year. I feel like if they do it's just gifting it to us at this point. Nothing I have seen this year warrants a regional seeding other than taking 2 of 3 from an injured LSU.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7209 
Another Saturday shut out. What is this 4th or 5th since sec play started? MSU, USC, LSU, UW ....
ShepJones1_1

Registered:
Posts: 121
Reply with quote  #7210 
I'm at a loss to understand why our hitting it so anemic. We're getting runners on base but we just can't get the critical hit to score any runs. Our pitchers either get a strike out or give up a homerun. This is about the third or fourth game that Hemphill has absolutely scorched a ball but it is been right at somebody. We just can't catch a break this year. I haven't given up but it looks dim for us advancing out of a regional.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7211 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
And this would be why I say there's not regional hosting for Bama this year. I feel like if they do it's just gifting it to us at this point. Nothing I have seen this year warrants a regional seeding other than taking 2 of 3 from an injured LSU.



Fortunately, the Committee doesn't select the 16 teams based on emotion/frustration.  The only way your comment is valid is if there are 16 more deserving teams. I will hang up and listen for the 16.

__________________

 

jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7212 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



Fortunately, the Committee doesn't select the 16 teams based on emotion/frustration.  The only way your comment is valid is if there are 16 more deserving teams. I will hang up and listen for the 16.


UF
FSU
AZ
UW
Oregon
Oklahoma
Baylor
Tennessee
Auburn
UCLA
ULL
Minnesota
Utah
Texas A&M
Michigan
Kentucky


Good enough for ya? I mean Kentucky did take the series from a Mizzou at Mizzou like we couldn't do. (And we are 1-6 against those teams and thankfully don't play 3 of those SEC teams).


3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 10,715
Reply with quote  #7213 
Michigan???????
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7214 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3leftturns
Michigan???????


If ya don't like them then switch them out with JMU. JMU 1-1 vs Top 25 RPI. Bama 7-6. JMU 7-2 vs Top 50 and Bama 12-11.

But it'd be fun to have the selections committee seed Bama 16th vs UF and have UF tie up the series record during supers (if we can beat JMU in regionals - I mean if we let Alyssa Denham, who has a 2 ERA and a crappy schedule, hold us down, then lord only knows what Goods .47 ERA will do to us).
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7215 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



Fortunately, the Committee doesn't select the 16 teams based on emotion/frustration.  The only way your comment is valid is if there are 16 more deserving teams. I will hang up and listen for the 16.


Also your prediction was 9-3, we will make that 8-3 with the lost UT game. We've been 1-2 since that prediction. So do you think we still find 7 games to win with Samford, Ole Miss and AU to play?
SoonerFan

Registered:
Posts: 248
Reply with quote  #7216 
What's going on with Alabama? They are 6-7 in their last 13 games? Are there injuries?

Thanks. 

__________________
Tradition is just fine. Until something better comes along. 
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7217 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerFan
What's going on with Alabama? They are 6-7 in their last 13 games? Are there injuries?

Thanks. 


The only injury that has caused a player to miss multiple starts at this point is Demi turner. Technically AO has had an injury that's limited her somewhat.
Tide22

Registered:
Posts: 57
Reply with quote  #7218 
Yes, there has been another injury.
mickey2198

Registered:
Posts: 1,023
Reply with quote  #7219 
I don't know what the other injuries are, but if before the season you had asked me other than pitchers,  who was the one person we almost had to have in the lineup every night it would have been Demi.  While I do think her bat would have made a difference at some point during the time she has been out, she appears to be one of the more vocal leaders we have. 

Someone mentioned that we aren't putting a charge in the ball, but it seems (and maybe this is just me wanting us to be close to turning a corner) that when he do hit the ball hard it has a hard time finding the holes, so maybe we will start getting the bounces the next couple of weekends..... 
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7220 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide22
Yes, there has been another injury.


Yes Run was held out of practice.  And Schroeder was injured earlier and I'm not sure is fully back.  

There have been a few nagging injuries, but nothing at the level of DT.
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7221 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot
Also your prediction was 9-3, we will make that 8-3 with the lost UT game. We've been 1-2 since that prediction. So do you think we still find 7 games to win with Samford, Ole Miss and AU to play?



Nope. I projected us to split with Washington. I will stick with my projection of a win vs Samford, 2 vs OM, and 2 vs Aub.

As for your 16 teams below, you listed 4 teams which are behind Alabama in the RPI, 3 of which are also behind us in both polls. So as I said, that view is based on emotion and frustration - not the facts and metrics used by the Committee to select host sites. If we go 5-2 or even 4-3 in our remaining games, we will host as about a 13 seed.  

__________________

 

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7222 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2198
I don't know what the other injuries are, but if before the season you had asked me other than pitchers,  who was the one person we almost had to have in the lineup every night it would have been Demi.  While I do think her bat would have made a difference at some point during the time she has been out, she appears to be one of the more vocal leaders we have. 

Someone mentioned that we aren't putting a charge in the ball, but it seems (and maybe this is just me wanting us to be close to turning a corner) that when he do hit the ball hard it has a hard time finding the holes, so maybe we will start getting the bounces the next couple of weekends..... 



The injury to Demi Turner was very damaging to the team, and Schroder was leading the team offensively before her concussion but has not been the same since (or anywhere close).

__________________

 

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7223 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerFan
What's going on with Alabama? They are 6-7 in their last 13 games? Are there injuries?

Thanks. 



Yes, we've had 2 impactful injuries (Demi Turner and Schroder). And we played 3 at Mizzou, 3 vs LSU, 2 vs Tenn and 2 vs Wash during that stretch.  And we aren't very good at all at getting timely hits. 

__________________

 

jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,853
Reply with quote  #7224 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_CF



Nope. I projected us to split with Washington. I will stick with my projection of a win vs Samford, 2 vs OM, and 2 vs Aub.

As for your 16 teams below, you listed 4 teams which are behind Alabama in the RPI, 3 of which are also behind us in both polls. So as I said, that view is based on emotion and frustration - not the facts and metrics used by the Committee to select host sites. If we go 5-2 or even 4-3 in our remaining games, we will host as about a 13 seed.  


There are no polls out for this week that would reflect the 2 losses to UW.

And we all know the committee will have no trouble moving around the 15/16 seeds based on how they feel matchups go.  One of those teams behind us is ULL, and the committee should definitely have them in front of Alabama.  One of them in UCLA and I can see them moving them up based on actually having a solid series vs. Oregon and Washington.  They did take two from Washington, which we couldn't do.  So you can go ahead and jump ULL and UCLA in front of Alabama.  I guess we should just be thankful our RPI didn't move at all despite adding UW's WP and OWP.  
beckibama

Registered:
Posts: 400
Reply with quote  #7225 

Let's hope we can get things "rolling" against the Rebs this weekend!  [smile]

 

https://www.tidesports.com/alabama-softball-looking-build-momentum/

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7226 
Osorio!!  Big time 4th inning. Bases loaded, no outs (due to a walk, a bunt single, and an infield error), and AO mowed down 3 in a row. 

No can we please get some runs?

__________________

 

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7227 
Does Hemphill EVER swing at the change up?  I'm thinking every once in awhile maybe she should be sitting on the change up, watching and waiting for it, instead of determined not to swing at it. I really don't know what the answer is, but I do know if she has 2 strikes and the pitcher throws a change up for a strike, she watches it go by and sits down.
__________________

 

Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7228 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


There are no polls out for this week that would reflect the 2 losses to UW.

And we all know the committee will have no trouble moving around the 15/16 seeds based on how they feel matchups go.  One of those teams behind us is ULL, and the committee should definitely have them in front of Alabama.  One of them in UCLA and I can see them moving them up based on actually having a solid series vs. Oregon and Washington.  They did take two from Washington, which we couldn't do.  So you can go ahead and jump ULL and UCLA in front of Alabama.  I guess we should just be thankful our RPI didn't move at all despite adding UW's WP and OWP.  

_____________________________

Jay, do you realize you are the only poster here who is constantly, consistently biased against your own team?  Most people cherry pick information and point out only the things that favor their team and conveniently leave out lots of information in the opposite direction. That is kind of human nature. But you do it in reverse. 

__________________

 

mickey2198

Registered:
Posts: 1,023
Reply with quote  #7229 
Any opinions about the play that upset the Ole Miss Coach so mad?
Bama_CF

Registered:
Posts: 1,443
Reply with quote  #7230 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey2198
Any opinions about the play that upset the Ole Miss Coach so bad?



Yeah, Mike Smith made a fool of himself. Runyon was directly in the base path, didn't move at all towards or to obstruct the SS. The ball landed in shallow CF. The fact that the SS chose to brush her hand against Runyon's back as she ran to try and catch it is not interference or obstruction. It was not even close.

__________________

 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: