Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 7 of 9     «   Prev   4   5   6   7   8   9   Next
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,155
Reply with quote  #181 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD


Does this mean Shelly Hoerner is not on your Christmas card list?


Who’s that?
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #182 

Introducing Coaches and Coffee: The Seminole Softball Podcast. Every Wednesday at 10am tune in as head coach Lonni Alameda and assistant coaches Travis Wilson and Craig Snider discuss whats going on with FSU Softball and the world of sports. #Opportunity https://t.co/G3M7TxtusG

— FSU Softball (@FSU_Softball) February 8, 2018">http://
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,375
Reply with quote  #183 
Virginia Tech’s freshman that came on in relief against Ole Miss was fire
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,185
Reply with quote  #184 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Virginia Tech’s freshman that came on in relief against Ole Miss was fire


which one they have 2...Rochard or Dail?
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,185
Reply with quote  #185 
Ye looks like Jordan Dail. Hard throwing lefty. Tech's 3 pitchers combined for 14 Walks in loss to Lamar. Score was 10-9, must have looked like a track meet. 
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,375
Reply with quote  #186 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


which one they have 2...Rochard or Dail?


Dail
springball

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #187 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Virginia Tech’s freshman that came on in relief against Ole Miss was fire[/QUOT

IT was Jordan Dail (a southpaw),not very good against Lamar

Against Ole Miss-3.1 inn.0 walks struck out 7 of 10 batters faced. 0 hits-0runs

Against Lamar-2.2 inn.1 hit-2unearned runs-5 walks-5 strikeouts-5 wildpitches

Not involved in a decision.http://www.hokiesports.com/softball/recaps/20180209aaa.html

Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,375
Reply with quote  #188 
Quote:
Originally Posted by springball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
Virginia Tech’s freshman that came on in relief against Ole Miss was fire[/QUOT

IT was Jordan Dail (a southpaw),not very good against Lamar

Against Ole Miss-3.1 inn.0 walks struck out 7 of 10 batters faced. 0 hits-0runs

Against Lamar-2.2 inn.1 hit-2unearned runs-5 walks-5 strikeouts-5 wildpitches

Not involved in a decision.http://www.hokiesports.com/softball/recaps/20180209aaa.html



Got a little wild, but that can be helped. She has good stuff
Sec_fan91

Registered:
Posts: 2,375
Reply with quote  #189 
She is dealing again
springball

Registered:
Posts: 35
Reply with quote  #190 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec_fan91
She is dealing again


Jordan Dail -3-1 win over Penn State,4 hitter and 12 Ks
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #191 
FSU goes 4-0 on the weekend, tomorrows game canceled due to weather, which is weird, you cant play softball in 30 degree weather?  I had no idea Texas State had a very good pitcher in Rupp.  Up next FAMU, who beat Georgia Tech (hi Jayrot), on Wednesday.  
spazsdad

Registered:
Posts: 5,723
Reply with quote  #192 
Must be an FL thing
I know my kid played against Northwestern in snow flurries and mid 30’s temps

__________________
#SCOTUS

TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #193 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazsdad
Must be an FL thing I know my kid played against Northwestern in snow flurries and mid 30’s temps


It was in Texas, but still strange to call the games.  
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 17,155
Reply with quote  #194 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb
FSU goes 4-0 on the weekend, tomorrows game canceled due to weather, which is weird, you cant play softball in 30 degree weather?  I had no idea Texas State had a very good pitcher in Rupp.  Up next FAMU, who beat Georgia Tech (hi Jayrot), on Wednesday.  


WHAT???? I've been wishing for two years that Bama or GT would find some way to steal her from Cat.  
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #195 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrot


WHAT???? I've been wishing for two years that Bama or GT would find some way to steal her from Cat.  


I had never heard of Texas State either [confused]
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,626
Reply with quote  #196 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCobb


I had never heard of Texas State either [confused]


I believe it's the former Texas Women's University...a former softball power way back.
TyCobb

Registered:
Posts: 633
Reply with quote  #197 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1janiedough
I believe it's the former Texas Women's University...a former softball power way back.


Gotcha, thanks.
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,573
Reply with quote  #198 
Texas State was previously Southwest Texas State, I think it might have been a D2 school. switched names in 2003.
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 12,141
Reply with quote  #199 

https://twitter.com/FsuPodcast/status/963810042918170625

I think this is great

I can't think of any other major coach who is so comfortable with his/her assistants having so close to equal footing as CoachA. A deep dive into some good stuff, like the obstruction call at the plate.

lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,573
Reply with quote  #200 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Ye looks like Jordan Dail. Hard throwing lefty. Tech's 3 pitchers combined for 14 Walks in loss to Lamar. Score was 10-9, must have looked like a track meet. 



If they were walking fast 😉
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,185
Reply with quote  #201 
Elon beats UNC 2-1. 
1janiedough

Registered:
Posts: 2,626
Reply with quote  #202 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsofbal
Texas State was previously Southwest Texas State, I think it might have been a D2 school. switched names in 2003.



Shoot that's it!
Drop_Curve

Registered:
Posts: 244
Reply with quote  #203 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone
Elon beats UNC 2-1. 

yikes UNC was pretty close to cracking the top 25 too..

__________________
Jacob Thomas Adkins
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 1,185
Reply with quote  #204 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Curve
yikes UNC was pretty close to cracking the top 25 too..


I watched the game. It's early and UNC started the freshman pitcher. They jumped on her pretty good so when Pickett came in the damage was done. 

They will have to throw Pickett ALOT this year, which they already have. If the Freshman Ohlinger is not able to carry more innings, Pickett will be slam worn out by May. They have another highly recruited/regarded Frosh in Hannah Todd also. Not sure she's thrown an single inning. Maybe hurt...?
Drop_Curve

Registered:
Posts: 244
Reply with quote  #205 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


I watched the game. It's early and UNC started the freshman pitcher. They jumped on her pretty good so when Pickett came in the damage was done. 

They will have to throw Pickett ALOT this year, which they already have. If the Freshman Ohlinger is not able to carry more innings, Pickett will be slam worn out by May. They have another highly recruited/regarded Frosh in Hannah Todd also. Not sure she's thrown an single inning. Maybe hurt...?

Not sure what is going on at UNC, but it's a shame they can't get some more pitching behind their strong offense.

__________________
Jacob Thomas Adkins
HenryLouisAaron

Registered:
Posts: 791
Reply with quote  #206 

https://twitter.com/FsuPodcast/status/963810042918170625

<< I think this is great. I can't think of any other major coach who is so comfortable with his/her assistants having so close to equal footing as CoachA. A deep dive into some good stuff, like the obstruction call at the plate. >> (3LT)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I agree with all you said, 3LT.
This podcast is about 22 minutes in length.
The bast part for me was when they all talked about the new obstruction rule which starts at about 15:30 into their show.

Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 463
Reply with quote  #207 
Quote:
Originally Posted by outofzone


I watched the game. It's early and UNC started the freshman pitcher. They jumped on her pretty good so when Pickett came in the damage was done. 

They will have to throw Pickett ALOT this year, which they already have. If the Freshman Ohlinger is not able to carry more innings, Pickett will be slam worn out by May. They have another highly recruited/regarded Frosh in Hannah Todd also. Not sure she's thrown an single inning. Maybe hurt...?


UNC only gave up 2 runs, the scary part is they could only generate 1...
lurker123

Registered:
Posts: 183
Reply with quote  #208 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_JAD
UNC only gave up 2 runs, the scary part is they could only generate 1...


And it came on an error.
midwestfp

Registered:
Posts: 577
Reply with quote  #209 
ND v. Michigan game cancelled today.  Weather issue with ND's flight, or something like that.  Might make it up on Sunday. 
3leftturns

Registered:
Posts: 12,141
Reply with quote  #210 
So, ND flying in today?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.