Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar New Posts Chat
 
 
 


Reply
 
Author Comment
 
woody

Registered: 12/06/05
Posts: 4,826
Reply with quote  #121 
Dewey, Sharpton, Jackson, and the members of the New and Improved BPP are instigating civil unrest. They are not organizing and leading peaceful demonstrations, to protest what they see as wrongs, they are attempting to cause racial strife. This is what these men profit from, this is how they make a living, this is their work. If Whites, or the newly created group to hate, White Hispanics, were offering rewards for the death of a person of color, If white leaders were organizing demonstrations and threatening violence in the streets against non whites, would this be of concern to you? Would you bend over backwards to support those in our society that profit from racism, and at the same time rail against the other face of racism. Ignore the problem Dewey, this summer is going to be ugly, and the Democrat party is right behind the OWS movement, the Anarchist it spawns, and the splitting of our society by those that profit from racism. This is the face of the Democratic party, and it is not a good thing they work upon our nation. I believe the use of a young mans death to further political goals, and fire up their base will backfire on them, and show the true character, or lack thereof of these poverty pimps, racist of the BPP, and their political supporters in Congress and this Administration. Inciting a small minded group of our population to violence is easy, getting them to stop once your political objective is reached is another. Convincing the rest of society to be nice and be spectators to this event will be even more difficult. 
__________________
Matthew 27:51

And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
CoachB25

Registered: 06/19/08
Posts: 1,191
Reply with quote  #122 

Dewey, if you can't see the flaws in your comparison, then I don't think any comments I could make will do any good.


__________________
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
Dewey

Registered: 08/08/04
Posts: 15,937
Reply with quote  #123 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody

Dewey, Sharpton, Jackson, and the members of the New and Improved BPP are instigating civil unrest.  



woody - Nobody is debating the BPP and they should not be part of this argument.  The rest of your sentence, as well as the rest of your post, is simply your opinions, (completely misguided in my opinion), and illustrates precisely the reason I'm so disheartened by what I read inside here and hear on TV.  "Those who call for justice incite riots, those who call for an end to tyrannical Administrations are heroes or Patriots."  One leads to unrest in the streets and, as far as attacks on our Government, well, blame that on something else.  Some people think they have it all figured out but I do know we can't pick and choose which groups, (minorities or otherwise), we condemn for organizing and expressing their grievances.  That is unless you have your own TV show. 

The "criticize the community" part of this thread troubles me so, as do some of our particular responses to the tragedy that took place.  As you said woody, it's a touchy subject.  We have a non black man who has called 911 forty six times, armed, following a young black man, calling him an a**, and being warned by authorities to stop tracking.  We're not sure what happens next but this young black man is shot dead.  People are going to form opinions but I'm surprised at all those who chose to come to the shooter's defense.  We're not the jury so why are you pleading his case to those of us who feel strongly something wrong just took place?  Interesting.  Sandusky should have been so lucky in his thread.  Instead we hear statements like this..."did you know this kid was suspended for marijuana", "did you read his nasty twitter account", and "did you know he was wearing a hoodie".  Why in the world are these being mentioned?

If you see this tragedy, you see some of these responses, and you see some of those, up in arms, being called evil for leading the cry for justice, you'll have a very good sense of why my heart is so troubled.  You're troubled by budget deficits and share it with us all the time.  I'm sure you don't mind me spilling my guts, in a negative manner, over this unfair condemnation of a community who feel they've been wronged. 

CoachB says my conclusions are flawed so you're free to counter them as you wish.

CoachB - In a Presidential debate, if Romney says no need that I respond to Obama's position because it would do no good, the Moderator will reply, sir, you're not here to change Obama but to make your position clear to our viewers. 

masare

Registered: 08/07/04
Posts: 2,575
Reply with quote  #124 
My comment that a wait and see approach was best is based on the facts that we don't really know all the facts yet. However, it is becoming increasingly dangerous for young African American men to move freely in our society...mothers and fathers express extreme anxiety over this daily. These young men are someone's baby, pride and joy, love of their life...the African american community has every right to scream and holler!
woody

Registered: 12/06/05
Posts: 4,826
Reply with quote  #125 
Dewey, this is a sham, Sharpton, Jackson, and the BPP could care less about another dead young black man. This is their opportunity to get face time in front of a camera. This is where they make their money. They divide America along racial lines, and play us off each other. They are parasites that damage our country, yet they are getting encouragement not only from the Democratic party but their news outlets as well. It is good to have a crises to take the public's attention off of a presidential election. You compare a Tea Party Rally, to these parasites inciting violence, and Tea Party rally attendees, to a pack of thugs looting stores? These are the people you make excuses for, and support? Try again. Show me the good in their work, and how they bring us together by inciting racial violence, and escalating a tense situation.
__________________
Matthew 27:51

And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Lovemesomesoftball

Registered: 06/05/06
Posts: 5,722
Reply with quote  #126 
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Dewey, this is a sham, Sharpton, Jackson, and the BPP could care less about another dead young black man. This is their opportunity to get face time in front of a camera. This is where they make their money. They divide America along racial lines, and play us off each other. They are parasites that damage our country, yet they are getting encouragement not only from the Democratic party but their news outlets as well. It is good to have a crises to take the public's attention off of a presidential election. You compare a Tea Party Rally, to these parasites inciting violence, and Tea Party rally attendees, to a pack of thugs looting stores? These are the people you make excuses for, and support? Try again. Show me the good in their work, and how they bring us together by inciting racial violence, and escalating a tense situation.


Woody  what I like about your post is that you outline what you see as the differences the Tea party and Trayvon Martin protest with Sharpton, Jackson and the BPP influences.

I don't know how you viewed the following images but I do recall while the Republican party threw support behind the Tea Party. The kept away from more controversial figures, events or ideas.
















Some might view this expression has healthy, and protected by the U.S. Constitution. Some might feel these images help divide, and incite.

I have not nor will condone how the BPP and how some others have choosen to act after the Martin tragedy.

I am positive the initial outrage and protest lead to the governor asking that the case be reviewed, and the Feds getting involved. For that I am extremely grateful.

Just because I agree with one issue that that another individual or group agrees with doesn't mean we are on the same page about everything. That would be true of Tea Party protesters who are concerned about how the government spends money. I know many Tea Party members who were active in protest, will not vote for Democrats, hope the Republicans defeat Obama but don't share the same views of the protesters who carry signs in the the above photos.

Just like there are many in protesting at Trayvon Martin rally's that don't share the views of the BPP. Don't want the personal media attention that Jackson or Sharpton receive. Many are people with sons, nephews , grandsons etc who are of color and in their teens and early 20. They don't want their love ones to end up a statistic.

Heck Bill Cosby's son ended up a statistics. It might not be real for you  but it is real for others. That is why they are protesting.

I do think it is a tragedy that some people have taken this tragedy as a way to promote themselves, promote hate or loot but wouldn't characterize all as hateful, looters and self promoters.




woody

Registered: 12/06/05
Posts: 4,826
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemesomesoftball
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Dewey, this is a sham, Sharpton, Jackson, and the BPP could care less about another dead young black man. This is their opportunity to get face time in front of a camera. This is where they make their money. They divide America along racial lines, and play us off each other. They are parasites that damage our country, yet they are getting encouragement not only from the Democratic party but their news outlets as well. It is good to have a crises to take the publics attention off of a presidential election. You compare a Tea Party Rally, to these parasites inciting violence, and Tea Party rally attendees, to a pack of thugs looting stores? These are the people you make excuses for, and support? Try again. Show me the good in their work, and how they bring us together by inciting racial violence, and escalating a tense situation.


Woody  what I like about your post is that you outline what you see as the differences the Tea party and Trayvon Martin protest with Sharpton, Jackson and the BPP influences.

I don't know how you viewed the following images but I do recall while the Republican party threw support behind the Tea Party. The kept away from more controversial figures, events or ideas.
















Some might view this expression has healthy, and protected by the U.S. Constitution. Some might feel these images help divide, and incite.

I have not nor will condone how the BPP and how some others have choosen to act after the Martin tragedy.

I am positive the initial outrage and protest lead to the governor asking that the case be reviewed, and the Feds getting involved. For that I am extremely grateful.

Just because I agree with one issue that that another individual or group agrees with doesn't mean we are on the same page about everything. That would be true of Tea Party protesters who are concerned about how the government spends money. I know many Tea Party members who were active in protest, will not vote for Democrats, hope the Republicans defeat Obama but don't share the same views of the protesters who carry signs in the the above photos.

Just like there are many in protesting at Trayvon Martin rally's that don't share the views of the BPP. Don't want the personal media attention that Jackson or Sharpton receive. Many are people with sons, nephews , grandsons etc who are of color and in their teens and early 20. They don't want their love ones to end up a statistic.

Heck Bill Cosby's son ended up a statistics. It might not be real for you  but it is real for others. That is why they are protesting.

I do think it is a tragedy that some people have taken this tragedy as a way to promote themselves, promote hate or loot but wouldn't characterize all as hateful, looters and self promoters.


Nor would I, but the fact remains that Sharpton, Jackson and the BPP party with support from the Democrats are using the death of a black man as a political issue. They care nothing about him, and use his death to advance their own cause. This is what the Democrats are using as a campaign tool. This is a distraction from coverage of this administrations failings, and a means to fire up their base. The Administration has hit rock bottom, and have nothing but a crises they are promulgating to take any scrutiny off of themselves.

__________________
Matthew 27:51

And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Lovemesomesoftball

Registered: 06/05/06
Posts: 5,722
Reply with quote  #128 
Woody,
I am not a political scientist but IMHO....the party who wins in 2012 isn't going to be the party that solidifies their base. Conservatives will come out for Republicans, and liberals will come out for independents.

IMHO it will be those "independents" who have in the past voted for Republican and Democrat candidates. If Democrats are hanging on Sharpton, Jackson, the BPP and Trayvon Martin to get them over the hump in the 2012 general election. I will say to you what I have said to Dewey when he feels Republicans are exploiting a situation.......then give them enough rope to hang themselves.



fhoenix

Registered: 07/23/11
Posts: 3,745
Reply with quote  #129 

Dewey's point was made.

How quickly some overlook the fact that beck, rush, hannity, and others make their money by fanning the flames and dividing america along political and social lines. They are parasites that damage our country, yet they are getting paid big bucks and getting encouragement from not only conservatives within the republican party but conservative biased news outlets as well.  What is it when sarah palin has her mug in front of a camera firing people up? It means money in her pocket. She is not a polititian..yet she has a huge following of people that follow her because they are like her and she says what they want to say. What is difference here?


"A pack of thugs looting stores? So you are saying the attendees of the rally for trayvon were all thugs? Nice racial comment and way to stereotype and discriminate. You have no clue what each person at the tea party nor the rally yesterday have done. I personally know many tea party supporters. One is a lawyer who lives in oklahoma and daughter plays for OU softball. One lives in Arizona, and her son is 18 and had twice in past 2 years shoplifted beer. He fits no profile since he wears blue jeans, cowboy boots and hat, mo-betta shirts, etc. Does that mean all of them are shoplifters? no...does a few tea party people with racist signs make them all racist? no.
All republicans are not the same, all blacks are not the same, all people who support the same cause are not the same.

Even on a softball forum we have people that categorize those that protest something they disagree with as thugs and harmful to america, those that protest something they support as concerned americans that are helping all america. Dewey's point.

And how did tea party rallies, or rallies with ted nugent standing next to sarah palin cursing the president bring amnerica together?
Protesting a teen being killed and the shooter not even arrested is not escalating a tense situation? Why is the situation tense? Because a teen was killed and no arrest was made . People are outraged and protesting that...they aren't escalating anything anymore than guys holding socialism signs at tea party rally are escalating situation.
People protested for civil and women rights and there were those that said those people were all troublemakers.
Protests, rallies, and gatherings aren't about uniting america...not civil ones , not political ones, not religiopus ones, etc...they are outraged people gathering and letting their voice be heard publically.

This country was founded on outrage and protest.


__________________
‎"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
POV

Registered: 03/10/05
Posts: 2,710
Reply with quote  #130 

CoachB25

Registered: 06/19/08
Posts: 1,191
Reply with quote  #131 

LMSS, you are right and I stand corrected.  I deleted my post. 

 

Take care,

 

Darrell


__________________
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
CoachB25

Registered: 06/19/08
Posts: 1,191
Reply with quote  #132 

Not that it matters but NBC is now called to task for editing the 911 call.  Therefore, the call as played on NBC and MSNBC are not accurate. NBC has announced an "investigation" in to the editing of the sound bites. 

 

Next, I think that Zimmerman needs to be arrested but have his day in court.  How can that now happen?  He is now convicted without trial.  Just listen to all of the various politicians comment on this case.  You have congress men and ladies stating that he is a cold blooded murderer.  You have them saying that Martin was "hunted down like a rabid dog."  You have another congress lady saying that this is unquestionably a hate crime also suggesting that it is white on black crime.  Again, Zimmerman is as much Hispanic as he is white.  I do believe that Zimmerman will be arrested.  Otherwise, I would predict that there will be riots in the streets.  JMHO!


__________________
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
Dewey

Registered: 08/08/04
Posts: 15,937
Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachB25
I do believe that Zimmerman will be arrested.  Otherwise, I would predict that there will be riots in the streets.  JMHO!


CoachB - Again, why would anyone go out of their way to make this prediction.  What positive result do you hope to gain?  OK, clarify the prediction so we can score it.  Will it be more or less than a dozen rioters?  If it's one isolated case is that still riots in the streets? 

I haven't the slightest idea if your prediction will come true.  What I do know, if you are correct, you'll come here and say "I told you so".  However, if it doesn't come to be, will you come here and say these stereotypes many enjoy hyping are completely out of line?

You know, they took to the streets in Iran and this President was criticized by your side for not providing greater assistance to the uprising.  As unsettling as this thread is, it's probably good that people read and ponder the various viewpoints. 

PS:  I was going to agree with you that improperly editing audio tapes is wrong.  Then I read the rest of your post.

bluedog

Registered: 02/13/05
Posts: 4,680
Reply with quote  #134 

Coach, You make an excellent point....The comments of these congresspeople is a good example of why this country is in such a bad condition, morally and economically....Another terrible thing is that alot of money will be made by lawyers and hustlers over this kid's death....I'm waiting to see how the kid's parents handle all the advice they will be getting from the hustlers....I don't know if the shooter will be arrested.....Not saying he won't, just saying, I don't know, either way....That self-defense law is on the books and could make a difference....

CoachB25

Registered: 06/19/08
Posts: 1,191
Reply with quote  #135 

Dewey, you must not be following this on all of the various stations.  I'm suggesting this due to the language that I have seen on news reports from both "liberal" and "conservative" in nature.  When you have Congress people saying some of these statements, then that validates any actions taken. 

 

So, you were going to agree that editing the video was wrong but now, it is alright given the nature of the "rest of my post."  After all, the NBBP just want Zimmerman dead.  Why would I draw any other conclusions?  BTW, you did see where I said it was just my opinion.  That is allowed isn't it?


__________________
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
GrizzlyFan

Registered: 05/13/05
Posts: 1,475
Reply with quote  #136 
It is pretty obvious what the agenda is when the media calls Zimmerman white, edits the 911 call to make Zimmerman sound like a racist, and continues to use a picture of Trayvon from when he was 13 years old.
Racism, riots, protests, hate crimes (except for black on white) these things serve so many purposes for the liberal media.


__________________
If Obamacare is such a good thing, why did he have to lie about it to get it passed?
Dewey

Registered: 08/08/04
Posts: 15,937
Reply with quote  #137 

CoachB - We are all sharing our opinions and of course you're entitled to yours.  Just curious as to why you felt a need to make a prediction?  Suppose you are proved wrong.  Then what?

Dewey

Registered: 08/08/04
Posts: 15,937
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog
Coach, You make an excellent point....The comments of these congresspeople is a good example of why this country is in such a bad condition, morally and economically....



bluedog - The congress people you refer to are sincere in their positions and cannot be faulted for that.  However, they have allowed their zeal to get the best of them.  Sometimes, that kills the message.  I wish them all well and I know they'll be active this election season in promoting their causes.

PS:  By the way, and assuming there are some Congress people out there somewhere calling for the death of Mr. Zimmerman, or something similar, please know that those sentences I just wrote above do not represent my true attitude and were simply typed to make a point.
CoachB25

Registered: 06/19/08
Posts: 1,191
Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey

CoachB - We are all sharing our opinions and of course you're entitled to yours.  Just curious as to why you felt a need to make a prediction?  Suppose you are proved wrong.  Then what?

 

Dewey, then I'll be wrong.  It won't be the first or last time.  Ironically, there seem to be all kinds of posts in this thread condemning Zimmerman and convicting him without a trial and yet, I am wrong for my opinion.  This despite stations like CNN and others suggesting the exact same thing. 


__________________
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
Dewey

Registered: 08/08/04
Posts: 15,937
Reply with quote  #140 
CoachB - Fair enough.  If you want to predict riots in the streets, it's your privilege.  If you're right, what do you gain?  If you're wrong, I hope you recognize the damage such remarks can cause.  Finally, I've skimmed through this entire thread and it's mostly LMSS and myself.  Neither of us have convicted Mr. Zimmerman.  I'm simply crying out for an arrest and a deep analysis of this particular law, whether you agree it is partly responsible or not.  Not sure which posts caught your attention. 

Edit:  Coach, I have reread the first post in this thread and LMSS has expressed some strong opinions on what she believes happened.  It would be wise for me to speak for myself and not try to clarify the position of others.  In any event, I think we all agree it takes a jury of our peers to actually convict.
fhoenix

Registered: 07/23/11
Posts: 3,745
Reply with quote  #141 

Let's assume that zimmerman is 100% right in that he was jumped by martin and shot him in self defense. The issue for some that concede that point is zimmerman was armed and following someone that had not committed a crime. Zimmerman called 911, reported what he was doing, and was told to stop following martin and yet he continued to do so until he sparked a confrontation with an unarmed martin in which martin was shot and killed. He provoked a confrontation then killed the person and was not arrested or held. Had martin not been killed zimmerman would have been arrested for shooting him and had his day in court with both sides of the story represented. As it stands many are unhappy because someone was shot and killed and the shooter (justified or not) provoked the encounter and was not even charged with anything because of the "stand your ground" law was invoked.

 

At night in the rain alot of people look suspicious. Tiger woods, katy perry, or newt gingrich wrapped in a raincoat would look suspicious. Zimmerman probably looked suspicious too. Imagine zimmerman following someone then getting shot and the "stand your ground" law is invoked because the person says zimmerman looked threatening AND he was armed. And now because of this incident he can never go out and follow someone because anyone he follows can shoot him and invoke the "stand your ground" law because they felt their life was threatened... they knew he was armed, and he had already killed someone he was following before.

 

Zimmerman created the situation and it cost martin his life and zimmerman his life as he knew it. He can never go back. A person is dead. Casey anthony was found not guilty yet she can never go back. Her daughter is dead and she is responsible. The jury and law got her off but the public will never let it go. Zimmerman is in for the same treatment. Like it or not it is what it is.

 

People rioted when vancouver lost stanley cup and riot during and after soccer games and riot and burn when teams win sporting events (kentucky fans were burning and tearing up after they won semi final game so imagine how tuesday will look after the monday night championship win)....so it is not unlikely that people would riot if zimmerman got off without even an arrest.

It's a mess...thank goodness for softball season, nba and hockey playoffs soon, and basbeall starts wed.

 

 

 

 

 


__________________
‎"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
bhblue

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 1,108
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhoenix
Let's assume that zimmerman is 100% right in that he was jumped by martin and shot him in self defense. The issue for some that concede that point is zimmerman was armed and following someone that had not committed a crime. Zimmerman called 911, reported what he was doing, and was told to stop following martin and yet he continued to do so until he sparked a confrontation with an unarmed martin in which martin was shot and killed. 

As pointed out before at least once, unless you have info others do not, you don't know this to be true.  For credibility and clarity's, please start including "IMO" at the beginning of sentences in which you state your opinion.
GrizzlyFan

Registered: 05/13/05
Posts: 1,475
Reply with quote  #143 
phoenix, Zimmerman was following Trayvon to keep him in sight until the police got there. When the 911 operator said he didn't need to follow, Zimmerman replied "ok" and was going back to his car.
That's when Trayvon assaulted him.

__________________
If Obamacare is such a good thing, why did he have to lie about it to get it passed?
bhblue

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 1,108
Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyFan
phoenix, Zimmerman was following Trayvon to keep him in sight until the police got there. When the 911 operator said he didn't need to follow, Zimmerman replied "ok" and was going back to his car.
That's when Trayvon assaulted him.


In all fairness, the same thing I said to fhoenix goes for this statement too.  An "IMO" is in order.
fhoenix

Registered: 07/23/11
Posts: 3,745
Reply with quote  #145 

Zimmerman:

We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK, is he White, Black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman:

He looks black.

911 dispatcher:

Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]

911 dispatcher:

He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.

Zimmerman:

Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

911 dispatcher:

OK, you said that’s 1111 Retreat View or 111?

Zimmerman:

That’s the clubhouse.

911 dispatcher:

He’s near the clubhouse now?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, now he’s coming toward me. He’s got his hands in his waist band.

And he’s a black male.[1:03]

911 dispatcher:

How old would you say he is?

Zimmerman:

He’s got something on his shirt. About like his late teens.

911 dispatcher:

Late teens?

Zimmerman:

Uh, huh.

Something’s wrong with him. Yep, he’s coming to check me out.

He’s got something in his hands. I don’t know what his deal is. [01:20]

911 dispatcher:

Let me know if he does anything, OK?

Zimmerman:

OK.

911 dispatcher:

We’ve got him on the wire. Just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Zimmerman:

OK.

These azzholes. They always get away.

When you come to the clubhouse, you come straight in and you go left. Actually, you would go past the clubhouse. [1:39]

911 dispatcher:

OK, so it’s on the left hand side of the clubhouse?

Zimmerman:

Yeah. You go in straight through the entrance and then you would go left. You go straight in, don’t turn and make a left.

He’s running. [2:08]

911 dispatcher:

He’s running? Which way is he running?

Zimmerman:

Down toward the other entrance of the neighborhood. [2:14]

911 dispatcher:

OK, which entrance is that he’s headed towards?

Zimmerman:

The back entrance.

[It sounds like Zimmerman says under his breath, ‘F-ing coons’ at 2:22]

NOTE:

911 dispatcher:

Are you following him? [2:24]

Zimmerman:

Yeah. [2:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK.

We don’t need you to do that. [2:26]

Zimmerman:

OK. [2:28]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, sir, what is your name? [2:34]

Zimmerman:

George. He ran.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, what’s your last name?

Zimmerman:

Zimmerman.

911 dispatcher:

What’s the phone number you’re calling from?

Zimmerman:

407-435-2400

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, we do have them on the way. Do you want to meet with the officer when they get out there?

Zimmerman:

Yeah.

911 dispatcher:

Alright, where are you going to meet with them at?

Zimmerman:

Um, if they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the clubhouse and, uh, straight past the clubhouse and make a left and then go past the mailboxes you’ll see my truck. [3:10]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman:

Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address. [3:25]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you live in the area?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, yeah, I live here.

911 dispatcher:

OK, what’s your apartment number?

Zimmerman:

It’s a home. It’s 1950 – oh, crap, I don’t want to give it out – I don’t know where this kid is [inaudible] [3:40]

911 dispatcher:

OK, do you just want to meet with them at the mailboxes then? [3:42]

Zimmerman:

Yeah, that’s fine. [3:43]

911 dispatcher:

Alright, George, I’ll let them know you’ll meet them at …

Zimmerman:

Could you have them call me and I’ll tell them where I’m at? [3:49]

911 dispatcher:

OK, that’s no problem.

Zimmerman:

My number … you’ve got it?

911 dispatcher:

Yeah, I’ve got it. 435-2400?

Zimmerman:

Yeah, you got it.

911 dispatcher:

OK, no problem. I’ll let them know to call you when they’re in the area. [4:02]

Zimmerman:

Thanks.

911 dispatcher:

You’re welcome.

Call ends 4:07

 

...................................

 

Zimmerman was on the phone for 2 minutes after martin ran away and zimmerman was told he didn't need to follow him.


__________________
‎"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
GrizzlyFan

Registered: 05/13/05
Posts: 1,475
Reply with quote  #146 

So it sounds like Trayvon came back to get Zimmerman (IMHO) because he was out of sight of Zimmerman, which is why he didn't want to say his address out loud for fear that Trayvon might be hiding nearby and hear his address.


__________________
If Obamacare is such a good thing, why did he have to lie about it to get it passed?
bhblue

Registered: 05/15/08
Posts: 1,108
Reply with quote  #147 
fhoenix - I'm sure most have heard this or read the transcript of the call, including NBC's irresponsible re-mix version.  Neither, IMO, definitely support your "...and yet he continued to do so until he sparked a confrontation..." statement. 
 
GrizzlyFan - That's more like it.  No need for the "H" though.
CoachB25

Registered: 06/19/08
Posts: 1,191
Reply with quote  #148 

How does an official transcript have a statement like, "...it sounds like he said, "F-ing coons' at 2:22?"  Note that in another portion of the presented "transcript," they state that something is "inaudiable."  Why then does this interpret something else that has been deemed by a lot of people who have heard this portion of the call "inaudiable?"  Is this the official police transcript of the phone call or some other groups interpretation? 


Never mind!  I see where this is CNN's version.  Nuff said.


Edited to add:

I just did 10-12 minutes of reading on this and some "experts" believe that he says "damn punks."  Yet others say that it is inaudiable even when enhanced.  Go figure. 


__________________
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are – John Wooden.
DietCoke

Registered: 08/10/09
Posts: 1,192
Reply with quote  #149 
Bottom line - Zimmerman was NOT following neighborhood watch guidelines.  If he had, a young person's life would have been spared.  And Zimmerman would be living his life normally, not in hiding.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-14/news/os-trayvon-martin-beth-kassab-031512-20120314_1_orlando-police-block-captains-zimmerman

"There is no reason in the world to carry a gun for Neighborhood Watch," said Chris Tutko, a retired police chief who now directs Neighborhood Watch for the sheriffs' association. "It gets people more into trouble than out of it."

A manual published by the association for its "USAonWatch" program makes that very clear.

"It should be emphasized to members that they do not possess police powers and they shall not carry weapons or pursue vehicles," the manual states. "Members should never confront suspicious persons who could be armed and dangerous."


__________________
"To argue with a man who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine
fhoenix

Registered: 07/23/11
Posts: 3,745
Reply with quote  #150 

bhblue...you should say "IMO I do not believe the transcripts support your confrontation statement"....since that is in "your" opinion.


__________________
‎"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Powered by Website Toolbox - Create a Website Forum Hosting, Guestbook Hosting, or Website Chat Room for your website.