Ultimate College Softball
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 669
Reply with quote  #91 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky


I'm here. I'm not asking the dude to root for the opponent. Just don't try to bend friggin' reality.



Hey goober, it's a freiking local as in Lafayette radio station that broadcasts every Cajun game for the past 30 years, so yeah they will be for the home team moron. What an idiot

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 884
Reply with quote  #92 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun



Hey goober, it's a freiking local as in Lafayette radio station that broadcasts every Cajun game for the past 30 years, so yeah they will be for the home team moron. What an idiot


Let's see...you called me a goober, moron, and idiot. You sound like you're debating and trying to bully a 3rd-grader. Try 2nd grade again, it might help you.



__________________
 
Campguy

Registered:
Posts: 74
Reply with quote  #93 
Where has the power gone.
I thought CGG was a hitting guru. Amazing the drop off of power, OBP, homeruns, runs scored and slugging percentage has dropped off. These pitchers have to be perfect in all the big games.
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 669
Reply with quote  #94 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky


Let's see...you called me a goober, moron, and idiot. You sound like you're debating and trying to bully a 3rd-grader. Try 2nd grade again, it might help you.


  Correct, everything you listed fits you like a glove, have a good night

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 669
Reply with quote  #95 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campguy
Where has the power gone. I thought CGG was a hitting guru. Amazing the drop off of power, OBP, homeruns, runs scored and slugging percentage has dropped off. These pitchers have to be perfect in all the big games.



Where have you been Camp, loss of two power hitters, and a couple to graduation and no fall ball and a late start to practicing before the season, and a couple of season ending injuries. And a whole new staff in, and that's not counting our starting pitcher graduated and the no. two transferring, so it just might take a couple of years before the Cajuns are back in the hunt to host a regional or even a super, but I do believe that we will be back sooner than later. My 2 cents.

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #96 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
Cajuns announcer is so biased.


Wrong.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #97 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky


I'm here. I'm not asking the dude to root for the opponent. Just don't try to bend friggin' reality.


He doesn't.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #98 
Florida State takes the doubleheader, 8-0 (5) and 7-1. Kylee Hanson goes the distance in game 1, Meghan King in game 2 for the Seminoles. Casey Dixon takes the loss in game 1, Summer Ellyson game 2.
__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
Wilmer1

Registered:
Posts: 293
Reply with quote  #99 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun



Hey goober, it's a freiking local as in Lafayette radio station that broadcasts every Cajun game for the past 30 years, so yeah they will be for the home team moron. What an idiot

My, my. Someone is testy.
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #100 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmer1
My, my. Someone is testy.


Many people are when you accuse someone they work with of being unprofessional.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,062
Reply with quote  #101 
Terrell why do you have to get into someone else's drama?  I'd think your constant editing of the Louisiana-Lafayette name would keep you occupied. BTW where were you when the lotief fiasco went down? You didn't get into that drama.  
__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
Rebala

Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #102 
I was at both games and the difference in the teams was pretty stark.  FSU is much more athletic and much faster.  I think, and told Gerry this after the game, that they have done a good job with this roster in getting to the record that they have.  There is work to be done but recruiting is going well and it will just take some time.  Ellyson did a good job for most of the game and should have only trailed 2-1 until the 3 run blast in the 6th.  Talked to some Cajun parents and they were upbeat and excited about the future.
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #103 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyGrayce
Terrell why do you have to get into someone else's drama?  I'd think your constant editing of the Louisiana-Lafayette name would keep you occupied. BTW where were you when the lotief fiasco went down? You didn't get into that drama.  


It would be easy for me to say what I have said before, that I post what I want, when I want, because I want, and it would be a true statement in this matter. But I did not "get into someone else's drama" with my most recent comments. I made a direct reply to the person that said the "Cajuns announcer is so biased." Steve Peloquin is a personal friend of mine as well as a person I have worked with in the past and present. I will most decidedly take exception with people who question his professionalism in the performance of his broadcast duties. Some may not like how he does his job, but "biased" is not even close to a description of it.

Edit Louisiana-Lafayette? Where?

I did not get involved in the "Lotief fiasco" 1. because no one asked me anything about it and 2. I did not feel like making any comments. And I still don't.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
EarlyGrayce

Registered:
Posts: 7,062
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCITSH


Edit Louisiana-Lafayette? Where?


__________________
"I shouldn’t have asked Kazoo for original content."
D22

Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #105 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun



Where have you been Camp, loss of two power hitters, and a couple to graduation and no fall ball and a late start to practicing before the season, and a couple of season ending injuries. And a whole new staff in, and that's not counting our starting pitcher graduated and the no. two transferring, so it just might take a couple of years before the Cajuns are back in the hunt to host a regional or even a super, but I do believe that we will be back sooner than later. My 2 cents.


You hit the nail on the head here.  From what I can figure 6 of the 9 starters are new to the staring role.  Definitely what I would call a rebuilding season.  It really shows that the off season was missed out on.  Glassco may be the hitting guru but I think his main role has been public relations since the moment he arrived.  Sounds crazy but I am not sure if he has really had the time to work with the hitters in depth.  I think that shows as the lineup has no identity even this deep into the season.  Don't know if they are going to try to manufacture some runs with small ball or get a power shot.  I think this team has done a good job fighting for the wins they have gotten so far.  It would be an accomplishment to win the Sunbelt against a strong Tx. State team.  Up side is this is a great spot for young talent to come in and make an impact.  Recruits should be foaming at the mouth to come to UL.    

Campguy

Registered:
Posts: 74
Reply with quote  #106 
For years I have read nothing but how it's easy to hit the long ball while playing in the Sun Belt. While that statement may carry a little weight, it sure seems evident that the new philosophy is not carrying over to this team.
Granted you are right about the losses, but this program has always showed a knack to hit with power.
The pitching staff seems to be on point, and fielding is adequate, why does the offensive side of the ball get a pass.
Getting shut out 5 or 6 times this year is not normal.
Looked at some not all game stats and noticed that there were 9 games without one extra base hit.
I have followed ULL from afar and they always have 1 or 2 newcomers come out and light it up, for example S.Landry hit 18 hrs as a freshman, A CREIGHTON hit 19 as a freshman, Haden hit 15.
Gomez hit 20 as a freshman just to name a few.
All I know is that it must be harder to hit dingers than everyone has been saying
BlueSky

Registered:
Posts: 884
Reply with quote  #107 

Hey Louisiana dudes that are peeved at me:

I logged onto FSU website to follow what I thought would be a great game. The FSU website linked radio, and I followed. Didn't know at first it was a Cajuns feed. I don't have a dog in the ACC, Sun Belt, FSU, or ULa.

But the announcer was clearly biased. If you don't think your buddy announcer of 30 years is biased, I'm done with you because YOU ALSO ARE CLOSE-MINDED.

But you dudes say I'm wrong, I'm a moron, an idiot, and whatever else the third name you called me. I have a record that some really good minds think I'm none of those. 

So, I refer you to Thomas Henry Huxley to open your mind a bit:

“Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing. I have only begun to learn content and peace of mind since I have resolved at all risks to do this.”


__________________
 
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 669
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky

Hey Louisiana dudes that are peeved at me:

I logged onto FSU website to follow what I thought would be a great game. The FSU website linked radio, and I followed. Didn't know at first it was a Cajuns feed. I don't have a dog in the ACC, Sun Belt, FSU, or ULa.

But the announcer was clearly biased. If you don't think your buddy announcer of 30 years is biased, I'm done with you because YOU ALSO ARE CLOSE-MINDED.

But you dudes say I'm wrong, I'm a moron, an idiot, and whatever else the third name you called me. I have a record that some really good minds think I'm none of those. 

So, I refer you to Thomas Henry Huxley to open your mind a bit:

“Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing. I have only begun to learn content and peace of mind since I have resolved at all risks to do this.”





The other word I used was GOOBER, but my mistake, I should have been a little nicer and called you an IMBECILE. J/S  Don't refer me to anybody, I am old enough to take care of myself. You just had to come back on the Cajun thread and talk sheet about our play by play guy one more time. By the way, in GOD I TRUST, DON'T NEED Thomas Huxley 

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #109 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky

Hey Louisiana dudes that are peeved at me:

I logged onto FSU website to follow what I thought would be a great game. The FSU website linked radio, and I followed. Didn't know at first it was a Cajuns feed. I don't have a dog in the ACC, Sun Belt, FSU, or ULa.

But the announcer was clearly biased. If you don't think your buddy announcer of 30 years is biased, I'm done with you because YOU ALSO ARE CLOSE-MINDED.

But you dudes say I'm wrong, I'm a moron, an idiot, and whatever else the third name you called me. I have a record that some really good minds think I'm none of those. 

So, I refer you to Thomas Henry Huxley to open your mind a bit:

“Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing. I have only begun to learn content and peace of mind since I have resolved at all risks to do this.”



You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. It's unfortunate that you can't tell the difference between product knowledge and favoritism. It would stand to reason that if you were a Florida State season ticket holder, for example, you would know more about their players, statistics, tendencies, etc., than you would about any of their opponents since you would likely be able to see half their games in person (home games). Any comments you may make would appear to be slighted towards the team/players/coaches with whom you are more familiar. That doesn't necessarily make you biased towards that team. There's no issue if you make your comment as a statement of opinion (this announcer seems biased to me) rather than a statement of fact (Cajuns announcer is so biased). If you choose to be adamant about your assessment, so be it. You are more than welcome to be wrong.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
Mark_H

Registered:
Posts: 909
Reply with quote  #110 
To those carping about the hitting numbers, such things take time. Getting the right kids in, lots of repetition with the kids you have, getting buy in from devotees of Mike's very successful system etc. I would be surprised if he passed Mike's results but I expect him to be better than most other college coaches in terms of hitting instruction given what I've heard here and there about what he teaches. In any case, expecting quick results is unrealistic. Some kids "get it" right away. Some take awhile, some a long while and others never do get it. Give the man a few years to put together a lineup of hitters.
__________________
Mark H
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 669
Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H
To those carping about the hitting numbers, such things take time. Getting the right kids in, lots of repetition with the kids you have, getting buy in from devotees of Mike's very successful system etc. I would be surprised if he passed Mike's results but I expect him to be better than most other college coaches in terms of hitting instruction given what I've heard here and there about what he teaches. In any case, expecting quick results is unrealistic. Some kids "get it" right away. Some take awhile, some a long while and others never do get it. Give the man a few years to put together a lineup of hitters.



Mr. Hemphill, you are so right about every word you typed. Need to give the man a little time. Outstanding commits already lined up for the classes of 2020 and 2021. This team will be very good again, just will take a couple of years. Right now he has to work with a lot of new faces and many have never started full time at this level and some are true freshmen just getting their feet wet.

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
MarkHemphill_1

Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Originally Posted by breauxbridgecajun


Mr. Hemphill, you are so right about every word you typed. Need to give the man a little time. Outstanding commits already lined up for the classes of 2020 and 2021. This team will be very good again, just will take a couple of years. Right now he has to work with a lot of new faces and many have never started full time at this level and some are true freshmen just getting their feet wet.


BBC, I agree with everything Mark H posted but unfortunately that is not me.
breauxbridgecajun

Registered:
Posts: 669
Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHemphill_1


BBC, I agree with everything Mark H posted but unfortunately that is not me.



Sorry about that Mr. Hemphill, thought it was you. I know you were a big fan of the Cajuns, but now a Bama fan with your daughter playing for them, much respect for her and the family.

__________________
Louisiana Ragin Cajuns
bluedog

Registered:
Posts: 11,266
Reply with quote  #114 
BBcajun, Mark H is a hitting guy from way back............He's a long-time backer of the Cajuns and a huge softball ambassador............

And, unlike you and me, Mark doesn't dive headlong into controversy...........He's more of the diplomatic-type..........[smile]
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #115 
42 in a row.

Louisiana wins both games of the doubleheader, 8-4 and 12-1. Georgia State scored 3 runs on consecutive solo home runs by Remington Hasty, Kristin Hawkins and Skylar Mosel in the bottom of the 7th of the first game. Offensive stars for the Cajuns were Beth Ashley and Casidy Chaumont with 3 RBIs each. Lexie Comeaux showed her bat in game 2 with 6 RBIs, 4 on a grand slam in the top of the 7th.


__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
GrizzlyFan

Registered:
Posts: 2,055
Reply with quote  #116 
Lost 7 starters and they are on their way to a 40 win season with coaches that came in at semester break and you want to complain about the lack of home runs? wow!
 

__________________
If Obamacare is such a good thing, why did he have to lie about it to get it passed?
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #117 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzlyFan
Lost 7 starters and they are on their way to a 40 win season with coaches that came in at semester break and you want to complain about the lack of home runs? wow!
 


Who are you talking to?

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 5,145
Reply with quote  #118 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_H
To those carping about the hitting numbers, such things take time. .
 If you think time will cure the disaster UL's AD has created by (apparently) unjustly sacking the guy who carried the program on his  back for years, well, keep on dreaming.   Look at Stanford after their AD unjustly sacked an Olympic caliber coach.   Four years of utter futility thus far, trying to scrape themselves off the doormat of the conference.   It'll be several years, folks, before UL is a top 20 team again, and if the AD who fired Lotief has any involvement, you're all toast.  Oh wait, after UL loses that lawsuit, he'll be gone.

It's really a shame too.  UL fans are awesome.   When they were out here in Westwood about five years ago, they were the best visiting fans I've ever seen.  You UL fans, and those fine student athletes who lost their mentor so abrubtly, don't deserve what that AD did.

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
LCITSH

Registered:
Posts: 2,781
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunninLA
 If you think time will cure the disaster UL's AD has created by (apparently) unjustly sacking the guy who carried the program on his  back for years, well, keep on dreaming.   Look at Stanford after their AD unjustly sacked an Olympic caliber coach.   Four years of utter futility thus far, trying to scrape themselves off the doormat of the conference.   It'll be several years, folks, before UL is a top 20 team again, and if the AD who fired Lotief has any involvement, you're all toast.  Oh wait, after UL loses that lawsuit, he'll be gone.

It's really a shame too.  UL fans are awesome.   When they were out here in Westwood about five years ago, they were the best visiting fans I've ever seen.  You UL fans, and those fine student athletes who lost their mentor so abrubtly, don't deserve what that AD did.


You are in for quite a surprise.

__________________
Terrell S. Hebert
Louisiana USSSA Church Coordinator
Mark_H

Registered:
Posts: 909
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog


And, unlike you and me, Mark doesn't dive headlong into controversy...........He's more of the diplomatic-type..........[smile]


That's actually a recent development. Mellowed and matured with age hopefully. 😉

__________________
Mark H
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.