Ultimate College Softball
Register Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 2 of 26      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
redsoxjbf

Registered:
Posts: 68
Reply with quote  #31 
Anyone have any thoughts on Va Tech?  The job is not open but......
jhenry1

Registered:
Posts: 26
Reply with quote  #32 

Assume UNLV coach is staying??? UNLV record is about as bad as New Mexico. Congrats staff at New Mexico for making coaching change
lovsofbal

Registered:
Posts: 1,436
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrules
IUPUI has posted an open HC position. Are they keeping Tarter and just posting it because of legal reasons?


Iupui is playing in the NICS


CAAggieFan

Registered:
Posts: 359
Reply with quote  #34 
Since the Big West and Mountain West do not have a league tournament, those teams just finished playing on Saturday.  I would give them a week to finish end of year meetings before coaching decision are made.
ssrules

Registered:
Posts: 185
Reply with quote  #35 
Incarnate Word is open
speedyduck

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAggieFan
Since the Big West and Mountain West do not have a league tournament, those teams just finished playing on Saturday.  I would give them a week to finish end of year meetings before coaching decision are made.


Who's in jeopardy in your opinion
CAAggieFan

Registered:
Posts: 359
Reply with quote  #37 
Lisa Dodd, UNLV, MWC
Crissey Buck, CSU Bakersfield, WAC



Daddylawman

Registered:
Posts: 206
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpAlum
Regarding Maryland. Coach is passive aggressive, got kids hating themselves. One more player close to quitting. Others feel like no communication, that is those on bench. To keep kids practicing but not playing you have to communicate why. Pitching coach messed up mechanics of fresh. pitcher. Coaches have no idea how to make what some call average players better, but other schools have shown it can be done. Resentment now because coach talked a big game coming in, pun intended. Quiet at V Tech from players. But one has quit. too. They had injuries so eye is not on coach from my limited knowledge.


FWIW - from someone close to the program, the rash of injuries were not merely a coincidence but a result of coaching decisions including workouts that directly resulted in said injuries.  
outofzone

Registered:
Posts: 714
Reply with quote  #39 
Well, I hope that wouldn't be true. If it is, sounds like actions of a desperate staff to get their team motivated. New AD has let go, what 2 Head Coaches with under-performing programs? I'd think Thomas would be looking over his shoulder. 

Which player left the program?
Still_JAD

Registered:
Posts: 276
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxjbf
Anyone have any thoughts on Va Tech?  The job is not open but......


No inside info, but I read in another thread the VT coach would be back for at least one more year.
DunninLA

Registered:
Posts: 4,773
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cash


Sometimes big names don’t always pan out as good Head Coaches...
 That's because the "big name" has nothing to do with coaching, only with playing, and the two have almost nothing to do with each other.

__________________
qui tacet consentire videtur
sballwatcher

Registered:
Posts: 115
Reply with quote  #42 
So why has Indiana not pulled the trigger? Are they really going to suffer another year with her?
sballwatcher

Registered:
Posts: 115
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrules
IUPUI has posted an open HC position. Are they keeping Tarter and just posting it because of legal reasons?


I would assume they have to post it. Tarter was Summit Coach of the Year.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,919
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimedog
The only way Becky Clark leaves USA is to go to GA Tech....


I am begging. Begging someone to stop this nonsense. I can't can't can't take 3 to 4 years of this.

Give me a $200,000 budget and a plane ticket to Tulsa.
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 946
Reply with quote  #45 
Coaches that are inadequate use training to make up for lack of knowledge or coaching ability
Techstar89

Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #46 
Tulsa. No. Go further north. Allister come on down. Be a great battle again with FSU. Dream big.
jayrot

Registered:
Posts: 16,919
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techstar89
Tulsa. No. Go further north. Allister come on down. Be a great battle again with FSU. Dream big.


I would give every penny in my bank account for this, but you, me and Pope Francis know this isn't happening.
sftbll4ever

Registered:
Posts: 212
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAggieFan
Since the Big West and Mountain West do not have a league tournament, those teams just finished playing on Saturday.  I would give them a week to finish end of year meetings before coaching decision are made.


One coach that was on the hot seat is still in post season.
GoingBackToCali

Registered:
Posts: 70
Reply with quote  #49 
Indiana could literally give a crap about Softball.  AD just fired the HC from both Football and Basketball. He doesn't want any additional heat from the firing of another HC in a sport he can barely spell. It's a shame; great degree, great town, fantastic facilities, etc. The athletes they have are decent, but no difference makers want to play for her. The team lost something like 14 one run games. I think if she stays you'll see quite a few transfers and recruits rescinding verbals. Not a bad person, but a truly bad Coach.
speedyduck

Registered:
Posts: 34
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftbll4ever


One coach that was on the hot seat is still in post season.


Who would that be?
NuNusDad

Registered:
Posts: 297
Reply with quote  #51 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenry1

Assume UNLV coach is staying??? UNLV record is about as bad as New Mexico. Congrats staff at New Mexico for making coaching change




A new AD is starting on June 1, 2017. Desiree Reed-Francois is a former assistant AD from Virginia Tech.

Any changes would most likely occur after that date. There is no public information about Dodd's contract status after her initial 3 year contract, but UNLV has tended to extend a year at a time, one year in advance.

I don't know if she was a lame duck this year, or was extended through 2018. Everyone will have to wait until June to find out!
CoachLisle

Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #52 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNusDad




A new AD is starting on June 1, 2017. Desiree Reed-Francois is a former assistant AD from Virginia Tech.

Any changes would most likely occur after that date. There is no public information about Dodd's contract status after her initial 3 year contract, but UNLV has tended to extend a year at a time, one year in advance.

I don't know if she was a lame duck this year, or was extended through 2018. Everyone will have to wait until June to find out!


A lot of the people you guys are talking about have contracts thru 2018 or more. UNLV and CSUB for example and a bunch of others on the "hot seat". I can't think of one example of where an AD has gotten rid of a Softball Coach before their contract was up for poor records.
NuNusDad

Registered:
Posts: 297
Reply with quote  #53 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachLisle


A lot of the people you guys are talking about have contracts thru 2018 or more. UNLV and CUSB for example and a bunch of others on the "hot seat". I can't think of one example of where an AD has gotten rid of a Softball Coach before their contract was up for poor records. 


Do you have a link with Dodd's contract status?
sftbll4ever

Registered:
Posts: 212
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNusDad


Do you have a link with Dodd's contract status?


And what school is CUSB??
TerpFinder2

Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #55 
http://www.testudotimes.com/2017/4/26/15437538/coach-julie-wright-aka-coaching-nightmare

Can you believe this stuff??
NuNusDad

Registered:
Posts: 297
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftbll4ever


And what school is CUSB??


I think Coach Lisle meant CSUB as in Bakersfield.

I was talking about Coach Dodd at UNLV.
CoachLisle

Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #57 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNusDad


I think Coach Lisle meant CSUB as in Bakersfield.

I was talking about Coach Dodd at UNLV.


Yes. I got my initials mixed up. I'm just referring to many coaches I have been hearing on the "hot seat" in general. Many have contracts that are thru 2018 or longer. 
sftbll4ever

Registered:
Posts: 212
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachLisle


Yes. I got my initials mixed up. I'm just referring to many coaches I have been hearing on the "hot seat" in general. Many have contracts that are thru 2018 or longer. 


Roger that, thanks!!
olddawg

Registered:
Posts: 772
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuNusDad


I think Coach Lisle meant CSUB as in Bakersfield.

I was talking about Coach Dodd at UNLV.


No link, but the last time I heard anything, her contract was up at the end of this season.
Definitely not authoritative information.

Dodd at UNLV that is.
TruDat

Registered:
Posts: 946
Reply with quote  #60 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpFinder2
http://www.testudotimes.com/2017/4/26/15437538/coach-julie-wright-aka-coaching-nightmare

Can you believe this stuff??


Holy Smokes.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation: